Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'll have to come back later to read the post. IE is n ot letting me open pages one and two.

Carla and Happy--If we go to dallas, I'll have my sister plan a barbecue.

Happy--did it frost at your house this morning. We had frost on the roof tops.

Still nothing is going on. Need to run some errands.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-02-2007 at 05:49 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #17  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RENNIE~ WHEN YOU ARE DONE YOU CAN COME HERE AND READY ME FOR FALL TOO I NEED A NEIGHBOR!!!! I LOVE THAT SO MANY OF YOU HAVE YARDS, BUSHES, BULBS AND FLOWERS!!

CARLA~ WOW SO MANY GOOD TITLES!! I AM ROFLMAOFF THIS MORNING AGAIN!! I WANT ALL OF THE TITLES...INCLUDING HAPPY'S DOING SANTA!! CAN WE HAVE THREE FOR CHRISTMAS? ROFLMAOFFFFFFF!
LADY YOU ARE JUST TOO FOOKING FUNNY!

HAPPY~ DOING SANTA ALMOST SOUNDS SACRELIGIOUS!!
BUT IT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD AFTER DEBBIE DOING DALLAS THAT I COULDN'T SEE THE SCREEN!! NOTHING LIKE A GOOD EYE-WASH FIRST THING IN THE MORNING TO GET THE BLOOD PUMPING AND A SMILE ON THE FACE.

CEEJAY~ I COULD HAVE GIVEN YOU SOME ERRANDS ALSO!! LOL ARE YOU LIKING ALL THE NEW STUFF YOU BOUGHT RECENTLY? BET THE HOUSE IS SHAPING UP REALLY NICE. NEW TABLE, NEW BED...LA LA LA

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE LAWN CARE GUYS ARE HERE. JUST RANG THE BELL. THE TENANTS ARE GOING TO PITCH A FIT. THIS IS GOING TO BE THEIR NEW TIME. AND HE JUST REMINDED ME THE CLOCKS GO BACK TONITE. CHIT! I FORGOT TO PUT THE SIGNS UP!!! DAG NABBIT!! JUST AFTER 4...AND I MEAN LIKE 4:01....MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS STARTED. OF COURSE ALL THE BIGWIGS WERE GONE THANK GOD JIMMY AND SAL WERE STILL HERE. THEN SILENCE REIGNED. JEN WENT SHOPPING FOR ME AND WE'RE ALL SET FOR THE WEEKEND. AFTER BEING WITH THE MIL FOR ALMOST A MONTH, BAD TOMS, THE SHOT...SHE LOOKS LIKE CHIT AND I TOLD HER SO. TIME TO PULL IN THE WELCOME MAT AND HAD A TALK WITH RICHIE TOO. I KNOW I SET A BAD EXAMPLE BUT I AM PHYSICALLY STRONGER THAN SHE IS...EMOTIONALLY TOO. I THINK SHE IS LISTENING. I KNOW HE IS NOW. SO MAYBE ALL THIS FOOKING FAMILY DRAMA IS AWAKENING THEM BOTH. THEY SEEM TO EXPECT THE WORST AND SEEM PREPARED AND TO THE POINT OF NOT CARING. LOOKS LIKE DAD IS SELLING OUT, TAKING MOM AND MOVING. I THINK IT'S A GREAT THING. ADIOS AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE AZZ ON THE WAY OUT. THE 3 OF US WILL BE JUST FINE
OFF TO GET THE MORNING GOING. MAYBE DO SOME COOKING. WAITING FOR RENNIE'S HOMEBAKED BREAD SLATHERED WITH FRESH BUTTER AND DROOLING OVER HERE AT THE THOUGHT OF THE SMELL!!!
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY AND WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!
TO ALL THE WORLDLY SISTERS OUT AND ABOUT!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #18  

morning chicks,
I'm at work,yes on a saturday, but it's overtime.

Rennie
I need to make a grocery list also.

Happy
like the new avatar

The phone has started to ring. Evidently there is a smoking transformer-probably a line has burned down, and it's cold. People are calling. However, it's not to bad. Yet.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #19  

Mel
Hello. We must have been posting at the same time. ((hugs)) for all the drama you've had recently.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #20  

Default Morning Chickies

Well, it is a difficult task to catch up with you all..... so I am going to report in on the happenings in the wilderness.
I have spent two weekends with my new guy in my life and it has been very interesting........ no one is perfect having lived as long as I have I understand this and the one habit this man deals with is chain smoking. This has been a deciding factor for me often times but.....this time he comes with so many fine, qualities and presence I have been able to totally over look that fact. So interesting the things that life puts in our path.

On a sad note, my friend and almost constant dog from the last year Darby. He was my BF dog that I watched and Darby and I had such a soul connection. When I went up to Mt two weekends ago Larry was home so I returned the dog for him to watch over the weekend. He went down to the river fishing and Darby fell in and it really set him back.
So I went over Monday morning and got him and brought him home. I spent the last evening and night with him and talking and petting and just being with him. Darby was very tired and hurting more than I think we knew. Larry had Darby put down the next day. My heart is sad just so glad I got to have him in my life....... it was such a bond of communication between us. He was over 14yrs old and a big white with brown spots German short hair....

Can't believe how fast the month has flown by and you gals are on a real roll here......LOL. So nice to have this place to come and share. I went and had my annual and I am down 22lbs. from my last years appointment....how about that?

Going to a 50th bday party tonight and having company come and stay so looking forward to the day. Hope everyone who is ill will gain strength for all who are facing struggles find guidance and peace...... Blessings to all,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #21  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Sorry to hear about the pup Nae. It was good of you to make his last night a comfortable one. Congrats on being 22 pounds down from last year!

Mel - I'm glad you got a laugh or two today. What drama abounds at home. Hope now that they are gone you can all settle down and get some much needed peace and quiet. That is before you have to get all riled up for the holidays which are just around the corner. And Mel - we won't "do" Santa bad - he'll love every minute of it

Ceejay - we didn't have any frost yet. More in your area but it's coming close to here. Going to be really chilly come next Tuesday. I guess autumn is really here. Glad it's not cold AND damp and rainy. Hope you have a quiet day at work today.

Rennie - you have inspired me. I'm going to give the house a good cleaning today.

Oops - got to run. DH needs my help with something. Will catch up with the rest later. Enjoy your weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #22  
Happy September

AWWW CEEJAY...THANKS FOR THE EXTRA HUGS. THEY MADE MY MORNING. HOPE THE PHONE DIDN'T GO TOO CRAZY! CONGRATS ON THE OVERTIME!!

HAPPY~ POOR OLD SANTA....JUST BE GENTLE AND PUT THAT PROMISED SMILE ON HIM! I AM SURE YOU LADIES WILL DO OUR SISTERHOOD PROUD AND JUST EXACTLY WHAT WAS IT THAT THE DH NEEDED? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW!!

NAE~ I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DARBY. I KNOW HOW MUCH THAT DOGGIE MEANT TO YOU. FOR YOU AND LARRY. EVERYTIME I TYPE THAT NAME I THINK OF MY EX! HOPE YOU AND THE NEW BF HAVE A HAPPY ENDING!

RENNIE~THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT I WOULDN'T BE SMELLING HOMEBAKED BREAD IN MY HOUSE WITH YOU AS A NEIGHBOR!

WHAT A NIGHT I HAD!!!! IT STARTED AROUND 5 AND LASTED TILL DANG NEAR 10!!!!!!!! A TOILET WAS ON PERPETUAL FLUSH AND THE WOMAN DIDN'T NOTICE IT....FOR HOURS! SO SHE HAD A LAKE IN HER BATH AND BEDROOM. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE WATER HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE AND PROCEEDED TO GO TO THE 3RD FLOOR AND HIT EVERY FLOOR IN BETWEEN. POPCORN CIELING FALLING IN EVEYONE ELSE'S BATHROOM...WIT WATER GOING INTO BEDROOM CLOSETS! POOR JIMMY! BOTH BOSSES AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND TOO. NO ONE WANTING TO MAKE DECISIONS. WHY DO I EVEN CALL ANYONE? NEXT TIME I WILL JUST MAKE THEM MYSELF AND IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN FIRE ME. BUT THE SANTA ANA WINDS HAVE SUBSIDED AND THE SUN IS OUT SO BRIGHT AND SHINY SO ALL IS WELL IN MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD! DID I SAY JEN IS DRIVING AGAIN. RELUCTANTLY BUT RICHIE IS PUSHING IT.....OF COURSE HE IS...HE'S A LAZY SOD!!!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #23  

Mel
Sometimes we have to make judgement calls and you did the right thing. I had to make one yesterday myself. It will take the boss man 10 minutes to fix but he's told me to leave it alone. Glad Jen is driving again.

Things are pretty quiet right now and hope they stay that way.
I'm doing well with the 21 day challenge that I've started for myself. I'm not sure if I'll make the 172 for my Thanksgiving goal, but I'm still trying.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #24  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Mel - I can't believe that someone would not notice a lake of water in their apartment. Makes me very scared to become a senior. What a honking mess for so many places. I think you are an adult day care supervisor. I Rennie is making bread then I'll make you some nice soups to go along with it. DH says my soups are good but on the blander side (I guess because I don't put the WHOLE box of salt in them - ) so they should be peeper friendly to you.

Rennie has me in the mood for some bread so I'm going to pop a loaf in the breadmaker as soon as I'm done posting. *** Ummmmm is there any better smell? Well maybe the smell of freshly dried sheets brought in from outside.

Ceejay - I'm glad to hear that you are doing well on the 21 day challenge. Sometimes we need a daily reminder to stick to plan. I hope you meet your Thanksgiving goals.

Today is one of my most favorite days of the year. A 25 hour day. (Daylight Savings Time kicked in yesterday) Wheeeeee - so many possibilities with that extra hour. And it's easier to get up earlier too for the next few days until we adjust. Seeing as how it will get darker earlier now, I HAVE to switch my hours around at work and get up early so I don't have to stay at work until 6pm. I can do this...

JC Penney had a big sale yesterday. DH gave me some money - just because - love that man and I bought a bunch of new sweaters. It always motivates me to feel that I'm looking halfway decent instead of putting 50 things on and discarding this and that. One of the sweater sets is a mint green and the other a redish purple - both of which are flattering to the new hair color. So I'm a happy girl today.

I hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend. Shad is busy with the DS2. Hope you're feeling better Holly. Maybe Nae is enjoying some time with the new BF. Hope Madcat is having fun with Sis in the Big Apple. Carla - have you caught up on your sleep? If you're going to be awake - we might have to ship Linus' Christopher over to you - sounds like he's up 23 hours a day. If you can't nap then Linus will

Where's Painter and Meadow? I know I'm forgetting someone - my apologies. Yesterday I washed my hands, walked out of the loo and forgot to turn the water off in the sink - maybe I'm closer to Mel's forgetful senior than I want to acknowledge. The problem is that I get engrossed in the conversations in my head and I have a tendency to drift elsewhere

Meal planning, groceries, laundry and exercise await me so tah tah for now, have a good Sunday.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-04-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: fixing my mistakes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sheesh you lot talk a lot.

It's Monday. I'm back to 57 emails, no kudos, more problems and a happy headache!

DS1 and Partner are still sleeping it off up the road and I will meet them for lunch before they fly back to Adelaide to go back to work. They've had a good weekend. We went down to the pit lane to look at the planes and talk to the pilots on Saturday and then wandered downtown and had lunch and I drove them out to Fremantle in the afternoon to see the markets and walk the streets etc. We've walked for miles and miles. Then we drove up the coast a way and dipped our toes in the Indian Ocean - water was freezing, sand was hot. Later we went out to dinner at Wagamumas for a sort of Japanese meal. Collapsed into bed and got up to do similar all over again yesterday. A lady at work had invited us to her place to watch the races and we had a wonderful view over the river and course, so we ate up big on cheeses, smoked salmon, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and capers. Real Antipasto stuff along with a very nice Pinot Gris from Bendigo. Yummy. But not diet friendly. Walked home took a nap and went down to the local Indian restaurant and had a yummy dinner as well. I couldn't finish mine.

Anyway I am back. And the last weeks problems don't seem to have gone away. More of the same no doubt today.

I love some of the suggestions for the thread name. Debbie does Delta in December??? Well it will get a giggle out of Ruth and the men should be running scared right about now if we all descend on them for the month. Things will be warming up in Delta, not cooling down.

Rennie all this housework makes me tired. I raced around my little house on Saturday morning and had it all looking nice. Needless to say it didn't stay that way long after the kids arrived. Dawn huh? Delta Dawn what's that flower you have on, could it be a faded rose from days gone by.............
Sorry, you probably get enough play on words with your name just like me.

And with that I'd better move on and get the day started. I'm trying to get the powers that be to move one of my courses from pre go live to post go live. I'd better go and batt the eyelashes or something, since logic is not doing the job. Then again a baseball bat might be somewhat useful.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #26  
Happy September

IF ALL GOES WELL AND THE BUS IS WORKING.... ...THEN I AM GOING TO A NEARBY MALL. TRY TO STAY OUR OF TROUBLE TILL I GET BACK AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

WELCOME HOME SHADDIE! THE WEEKEND SOUNDED WONDERFUL AND GLAD YOU GOT TO BE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ENJOY THE DAY!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #27  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey chicklets! We're back from NYC in one peice. Unfortunately one of the souvenirs I brought back was a wicked chest cold. I have to go back to the couch now, but I'll be back when I feel better.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #28  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Happy Monday.

Sorry to hear you picked up a bug Madcat. If you are susceptible to those things, maybe start carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer in your purse and start using it all the time. I find that as soon as I go out in mass public - like Christmas shopping where people are putting their germy mitts all over the place, all the germs attach themselves to me. Rest up - hope you feel better quickly!

Happy shopping Mel - get me something good Or get US something good!

Banana ice cream Rennie? Reminds me of those chocolate covered frozen bananas on a stick. My dad loved to eat those. Breadmakers are the best, aren't they? Sure does better than the old days when getting the bread to rise was a crapshoot. I used to put the bread under the covers and crank up the heater on the waterbed. Then when I got into bed at night my covers smelled like warm bread!

Speaking of food - sounds like you had some good eats this weekend yourself Shad. But you also did lots of walking around so hopefully you traded out most of the calories. Isn't it fun to be back at work again

Hope you have an on plan day Ceejay. I think the Jack Frost will be visiting us this week for sure

Love to the rest of the chicks...
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #29  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHALLENGE THIS WEEK TOO!!

RENNIE~ WE WERE THINKING OF A BREAD MAKER TOO!

HAPPY~ ENJOY THE NEW SWEATERS!!! NEW STUFF ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! I WILL WAIT FOR THE FAMOUS HAPPY SOUPS!!

SHAD~ SEE YOU WHEN YOU CAN GET YOUR HEAD ABOVE THE WEEKLY DELUGE!!

MADCAT~ SO SORRY YOU GOT SICK!! SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE AROUND ME HAS THAT DANG CHEST COLD!

I AM ON THE RUN. JUST GOT HOME A BIT AGO AND OF COURSE THERE ARE PROBLEMS. OTHER APARTMENTS IN THE NEXT LINE OVER HAVE WATER IN ALL THEIR CLOSETS. I KNEW IT HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE!!! IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN RUNNING FOR HOURS THE PHONE RANG THE WHOLE TIME I WAS OUT. PEOPLE AT ALL THE REGISTERS THOUGHT I WAS A VIP BARKING OUT ALL THESE ORDERS IN A WHISPERY VOICE. I AM LAUGHING NOW BUT IT WASN'T FUNNY THEN. MOLD IS GOING TO GROW ALL OVER THESE APARTMENTS...SIGH.
HAVE LOADS TO DO FOR THE ELECTION TOMORROW. OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE CALLING IN SICK LEFT AND RIGHT. WHY AM I ALWAYS THE ONLY ONE LEFT STANDING? OR SHOULD I SAY ROLLING
I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING FOR MYSELF. BUT I PICKED UP STUFF FOR MY NEIGHBORS.....I'M BECOMING A PERSONAL SHOPPER!! HAPPY, YOU ARE RIGHT...I AM NOT ONLY THE SUPERVISOR BUT THE ARTS & CRAFTS DIRECTOR, THE NURSE ON CALL, THE FOOKING DOORMAN, THE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE.. THE ELECTION BOARD EVEN CALLED WHILE I WAS OUT!! JUST TO MAKE SURE I AM AT THE READY!! LIKE I'M NEVER READY....OK I AM OFF TO SHOWER AND GET MY STUFF LAID OUT FOR THE MORNING. SEE YOU ALL ON WEDNESDAY!! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #30  

Yikes, what a quiet gang today!

Mel, even young people screw up with running water sometimes, not just the old and senile. A couple of months ago some 30'ish idiot 5 floors above me decided to run a bath, then went off for a nice long phone chat... By the time the water was turned off, water was gushing down the hall, and I could hear it running down the inside of the walls. I strongly suspect there were mood-altering drugs of some kind involved... Our poor super spent much of the night cleaning up the common areas, and of course the owners of the two units under the idiots unit were away on holiday. But then our super is very well paid for his trouble... maybe you should move up here and take over his job?

Shy, did I detect another two pounds down on your ticker, or am I confusing your numbers with someone else's?
I've never even heard of banana ice cream, nor have I ever baked bread. Much too lazy...

Madcat, so sorry to hear you've caught a bug. Probably a germ warfare attack from our southern neighbours jealous of our mighty Canadian dollar. Did you and sis buy lots of good stuff and eat yummy local specialties and visit terrific cultural monuments? Were the natives friendly?

Shad, it sounds like you had a full and fun (pun intended) weekend! If it was only one weekend of excess and , there shouldn't be any unhappy after effects. Just climb back on that wagon and savour the memories!
I have no idea what the work-related part of your post meant , but do hope you convince them to do what you want.

Holly, are you still sick? Poor baby! I think I'll go take some Vitamin C - these things seem to spread via the thread and I don't wanna be sick.

Ruth is keeping a low profile - no doubt trying to explain to Delta's town council about the projected December Debbie invasion... Or maybe she and Hershey are busy bonding with a new dog?

Happy, I'd be more worried about those conversations in my head than a potential flood...
Can I have some of Mel's soup? I'm happy to add my own salt. And maybe some of that home-baked bread too? Mmmmm.
I expect to be back on a proper sleep schedule by tomorrow, mainly because I have to be up at some ungodly hour to get to work.

Ceejay, how many days of the 21-day challenge have you gotten through so far? I used to post on that thread, but found that after a while I couldn't even make it through a week. That's when I landed over here with this lot... Redballoon and I still email from time to time.

The last few weeks have been very excessive, and for some reason it has seemed impossible to get back on track. I'm up 6 or 7 pounds , and really have to get it all under control. So I'm trying again to get through two weeks of the old Fat Flush program, which usually works quite well. No more starches (bye-bye bread ), no more wine ( ), no more assorted junk and sweets ( ). And maybe I can ramp up the spin classes a little, and it would be a good idea to get out the rebounder (and actually use it for a change). Why is it so darned hard sometimes? Today marks two months since I joined the gym for a two-month trial period - haven't made it there even once, so that was a total waste of money!

to the absent Meadow, Painter, Linus, 1dayatatime and whoever else I've forgotten.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote