3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CALLING all tall girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/125816-calling-all-tall-girls.html)

shasha17a 08-27-2009 12:54 PM

Oh I totally feel you on needing longer tops. Not only am I tall, but I have pretty big ol boobs..ugh. So a top that might look long on the hanger, rides up and shows my tummy. not cool!

Hotsplashes 08-27-2009 03:29 PM

WOW!! Look at all the new folks!!! YAYYYYYY!!!

I agree with the OLDNavy for tank shirts... And I find Walmart carries a brand called 725 that seems to work for me.

Now what about shirts with sleeves? I have monkey arms. If I get a size that should FIT.. it fits in the body but not the arms.. so then I have to go UP a size just to get it to fit in the arms.. but it's HUGE every where else!!

Skinnycow 08-27-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotsplashes (Post 2897466)
Now what about shirts with sleeves?

Oldnavy.com has everything in tall sizes--shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, jackets, sweaters,...

I wish they would carry tall sizes in the store. I hate having to pay for shipping!

nooch 08-27-2009 11:30 PM

I don't buy anything unless there is free shipping AND a code. But I am super cheap.

rainsweptviola 08-28-2009 02:19 AM

I am so excited to see a thread just for the tall girls among us...I joined yesterday and am already loving this site! :-)

Hotsplashes 08-31-2009 01:09 PM

Welcome Rainswept!

Ok Ladies.. Anyone with a goal for upcoming Sept?

I intend to be as close to 175 as possible!

salsa chip 08-31-2009 01:28 PM

I'm taking part in the Vixen Valentine's challenge on the 100lb board, so my goal for Sept is to lose about 8lbs :)

shasha17a 08-31-2009 01:29 PM

Well, I'm going to kick it in high gear and try to be 240 this month. Its so annoying, lately I see that people that weigh a lot less than me are able to lose 10 lbs in a month and I'm struggling at times to let go of like 5. So I weighed in at 250.2 today and I think I'm retaining some salt, so I will be drinking lots of water to flush that out and hop on the scale again tomorrow morning.

nooch 08-31-2009 01:42 PM

My original goal was to be 288 by Labor Day, but then I got really sick and had to kind of put that on hold.

DivineFidelity 08-31-2009 10:30 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread for a while, but I don't think I've actually posted anything yet...lol

I'm 5'8 and down to 222 lbs now, but I still have a ways to go...
I've loved following this thread...because I definitely understand what everyone is talking about.

Even with old navy's tall sizes, I can't wear their shirts. I have VERY short legs, so sometimes regular jeans or work out pants are too long, and I have to buy the short ones....but my torso is so long that I can BARELY find shirts long enough. Through high school I just wore hoodies all the time so that it didn't matter if my shirt was long enough, but I can't really do that anymore. My torso is so long that if I EVER want a one piece swimsuit, I have to special order it so it's long enough. It really sucks =/

I don't work out in public, just at home...when no one else is in the room....so I generally wear pj pants and undershirts....but I DO have one work out top I got at walmart (thats too short) and a couple pairs of yoga pants that I love.

Buying clothes is just miserable for me. >.<

sherrybwc 08-31-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinnycow (Post 2886867)
I have huge feet. Size 12. The real problem is they are super narrow. I can never find shoes that fit because 12s are always too wide and 11s are way too small.

Oh, to have narrow feet!

I "normally" wear a 10W shoe...have since I was about 16. I say normally because, like clothing, it depends on the brand...Italian brands, IME, run the smallest, so my Enzos are 10-1/2 regulars (but then they're like butta anyway!).

Now, let's complicate things a bit...not only do I wear a wide, but 1)my right foot is almost a half-size larger than my left, 2)I have deeeeeeeeeep arches, and 3)my 2nd toes are freakishly long (so no round toe shoes for me!).

Anyone wanna see that and raise???

:D:D:D

Sherry

ETA...

My arms are very long as well, so I don't own anything at all with long sleeves...not even a coat (but then it really doesn't get cold enough for a coat here, so...).

'K...I'm finished now.

S

Tomato 09-01-2009 01:36 PM

DCHound, I love you avatar!

Hotsplashes, enjoy your tomatoes. I have two dwindly grape tomato plants that have a total of 25 tomatoes (yes, twenty-five) - that is if they all ripen. Now don't forget those are grape tomatoes (and I am talking SMALL grapes here) LOL. So far I had 2 and they were good but in general it was barely worth buying the plants. I suck when it comes to pot gardening. I really don't have a spot that would have enough sun all day.

Hello to all newcomers! It's exciting to see more tall girls (although I myself barely make the cut). I usually complain that all the gym tank tops are too LONG - I have a shorter torso but longer legs. I just bought a ton of cotton racerback tank tops at Suzy Shier (but I don't know if that's a Canadian store only) - they usually have a sale at the end of the summer - 3 for $10. Woohoo! But I also bought the same ones 2 for $15 (earlier in the season). I like 100% cotton. Their medium size fits me like a glove and they are not too long (for me, that is).
Just the other day, I tried on a gym tank top (also racerback) at Old Navy but it was WAY too long so I guess you taller ladies should check them out. I would guess the tank top was at least 6-7" below waist? Sorry, I wasn;t paying much attention, it didnt fit me well and it was too long but otherwise I liked and would have purchased it if it fit me. I think it was $17.50 (but that's Canadian, it will be likely $10 in the States).

DCHound 09-01-2009 03:15 PM

Thanks! She's a sweetie.

Hotsplashes 09-01-2009 09:24 PM

Welcome to all the new posters!!

And such great avatars! I love the Siamese Krazy Kittie!

The weather here is keeping my tomatoes from ripening quickly. But I am getting a few every few days.

I'm not feeling well today. Bad headache which in turns makes me nauseaus. I can never spell taht word!

sherrybwc 09-01-2009 10:46 PM

Fresh vine-ripened tomatoes...sa-WOON!!

We weren't able to get our garden in this year...life just conspired against us!

S