3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CALLING all tall girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/125816-calling-all-tall-girls.html)

xpinkglowx2 05-22-2010 04:29 PM

I'm 5'11.. So I definitely know where you are all coming from. I lost 50 pounds last year, and have gained like 10-15 of it back (college dining courts be damned...) Everyone keeps asking me how i kept the weight off because they can't tell that i've gained some back. If only they knew... I can feel the difference, and I can definitely tell in the way my clothes fit. My lowest was 173, i still think this is kind of a high number.... but my mom tells me i "looked almost anorexic" when i weighed that little....so who knows! hopefully i can get back to the 170's!

Glamazon08 05-23-2010 06:01 PM

Hi Ladies,

So glad to see this thread is still alive and well. I am coming back to these forums from a long hiatus, but not a hiatus from weight loss! I am actually down about 20 pounds since I last posted, which is great... but I like the support here. I hope I can join you!

xpinkglowx2, I totally understand... it's hard for us tallies because it takes so long for people to notice a loss I feel like... and then although we can "feel" a gain, it's not really noticeable to others! You will get back into the 170's! My ultimate goal is 179. It's coming off really slowly now...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :smug:

PammyFl 05-24-2010 05:39 PM

Xpink- Welcome!

Glam- Welcome back and congrats on the weight loss since being away.

He ladies! I'm happy to report I ran my first 5k Saturday. However I did not run the entire thing because I didn't want to leave my sister behind. We walked/ran it. It was a great experience for both of us and cant wait to do another one soon!

My boyfriend also had to return home the same day, but it was nice for him to be able to share the experience with me. We had a AMAZING time in the mountains for vacation. It was beautiful!

I hope you ladies are doing well. My bf bought me a heart rate monitor that I have been googling over and I am LOVING IT however I think the calories burn may be a little high, but who knows maybe I have been underestimating myself this whole time :) And of you ladies use a HRM?

fra 05-28-2010 03:19 AM

everyone :grouphug: I added the thread link in my siggy ;3

PammyFl you look so pretty in those pics! I would never dare to wear heels =_=

I am currently searching for my first dress ever (since childhood).. I can't find one I look good into or that is also long enough! Stupid long legs :P nah, not their fault.. it's fashion.. I look so pretty down to my waist and then *ROLLS* ugh they always show.. sometimes I can't zip them up.. grrr ok ok I shall remain calm and try more shopping.. I also need shoes. Did I mention that the non-expensive ones NEVER reach 41 (my italian shoe size)? ._. *sigh*

OrganizedChaos 05-28-2010 12:42 PM

Pammy -> Your updated pics look awesome! Congrats on the 5k. I do the walk/run intervals, (mostly walking), for 3 miles about 6 days a week. I recently have been thinking that I can graduate this so that I could run a 5K by the Fall. How long did it take you to get to that point? Did you do a training program to run the 5k? I have looked at couch 2 5k.

Welcome to all the other Tallies!

PammyFl 05-28-2010 09:35 PM

Fra- Thanks so much. I don't wear heels often because my bf is alot shorter than me and it already makes me seem like an amazon woman! lol

Organized- Thank you so much. You should seriously sign up for one. I have been doing the c25k for months now. (Still on week 5 of the 8 weeks) I'm not by any means a runner, but I do enjoy it as a form of exercise. I also didn't run the entire thing. I basically walked/ran the whole thing with longer spurts of running then walking. I was worried I would feel out of place not running the whole thing, but there was a TON of people walk/running it. Just seeing others run it and see the finish line made me feel incredible and strong. I would say to find a 5k for a good charity and sign up... regardless if you feel "ready" or not. You can always RUN an entire 5k at a later time. Consider it a test run. You will be so proud of yourself!!

MissKoo 06-06-2010 06:15 PM

So, YAY, I finally got a job!

Now I have to go through the dreaded work clothes shopping. I don't know where to start. I've noticed that a lot of women at my new workplace wear sleeveless shirts and sandals to work (I was always told that was a no no - even in business casual). It's a professional office and I don't want to show a lot of skin. Also, I have noticed that a lot of gals don't wear hose with skirts. I may be really old-fashioned or somthing but I wouldn't feel comfortable bare-legged at work! Unless I was wearing a very long, summery skirt - of which have a few. They're almost ankle length.

I am stumped as to what type of outfits to buy. With my height and weight I want to look as slim and professional as possible - I don't want to stand out too much. I don't know where to start. I'm mad at Lane Bryant; so many of their clothes are overpriced and I don't think are high quality.

And don't get me started on shoes . . . I want to have comfortable shoes that are appropriate for work buy not granny shoes!

Help!

OrganizedChaos 06-07-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PammyFl (Post 3313435)
Organized- Thank you so much. You should seriously sign up for one. I have been doing the c25k for months now. (Still on week 5 of the 8 weeks) I'm not by any means a runner, but I do enjoy it as a form of exercise. I also didn't run the entire thing. I basically walked/ran the whole thing with longer spurts of running then walking. I was worried I would feel out of place not running the whole thing, but there was a TON of people walk/running it. Just seeing others run it and see the finish line made me feel incredible and strong. I would say to find a 5k for a good charity and sign up... regardless if you feel "ready" or not. You can always RUN an entire 5k at a later time. Consider it a test run. You will be so proud of yourself!!

I am getting so motivated, so I found a website online that posts 5k's for my area and I have my eye on a 5k in October as a goal. I am supposed to be on vacation that day but in case we don't end up going and I can't find another one the next weekend I will do that one. It is called a Family 5k run/walk event so I thought that would be perfect. I had thought I would need to do the conservative C25K, but I am already well beyond the first few weeks of that one, but not quite ready for C25K so I am thinking I can jump in at week 5 or 6 of the conservative one and that would get me where I need to be.

OrganizedChaos 06-07-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKoo (Post 3327338)
So, YAY, I finally got a job!

Now I have to go through the dreaded work clothes shopping. I don't know where to start. I've noticed that a lot of women at my new workplace wear sleeveless shirts and sandals to work (I was always told that was a no no - even in business casual). It's a professional office and I don't want to show a lot of skin. Also, I have noticed that a lot of gals don't wear hose with skirts. I may be really old-fashioned or somthing but I wouldn't feel comfortable bare-legged at work! Unless I was wearing a very long, summery skirt - of which have a few. They're almost ankle length.

I am stumped as to what type of outfits to buy. With my height and weight I want to look as slim and professional as possible - I don't want to stand out too much. I don't know where to start. I'm mad at Lane Bryant; so many of their clothes are overpriced and I don't think are high quality.

And don't get me started on shoes . . . I want to have comfortable shoes that are appropriate for work buy not granny shoes!

Help!

I feel your pain. I work outside the home and through this weight loss journey I have been feeling pressure to update my wardrobe, but changing my wardrobe every size can get super expensive. My office is fairly business casual, but if you want to be considered for promotions and additional responsibility you should be more business than casual here so I try to stay more business. I found a great thrift/consignment store that I get my "staple" items at. I have been able to get all my pants in the basic colors there and I have only been buying new shirts and sweaters at retail. I have had so many compliments on my new wardrobe along with the weight loss so I have been really enjoying it. As far as shoes, I am a size 11 shoe and always have trouble finding nice shoes for work. I am one of those people that once I find a good work shoe, I buy it in every color and and several back up pairs. I have found some pretty decent and comfortable ones at Kohl's. If you have one near you, that is great place to check out.

Have fun shopping!

PammyFl 06-08-2010 03:37 PM

Miss- Congrats on the job! I wish I knew what to tell you as far as clothes go. I'm a consignment/thrift shopper myself so maybe you could try that. I have a problem with spending money on clothes that I wont be wearing long.

Organized- That 5k sounds awesome! I'm actually planning on signing up for another one real soon! Good luck!

Where has all the tall ladies gone? Its been pretty quiet around here lately. I have recently focused all my attention back on my diet. I'm trying to eat anywhere between 1400-1700 calories since I haven't exactly been dropping the weight like I want to. Here is hoping that this will get it moving again. We will see!

prepping 06-08-2010 05:13 PM

MissKoo, about clothes... I work in an office and am always on the more professional side as I am meeting with clients and whatnot. So although it's hard to speak on what exact styles I wear that you would be interested in, I can at least point out what I find inappropriate. :) First off, I always always wear hosiery with my skirts for work. It doesn't feel appropriate otherwise. Which is also why I never wear sandals to work. And no sleeveless shirts either -- if it's sleeveless I wear a jacket with it. I find younger people have a pretty casual idea of what business looks like in general -- I'm only 27 but I still feel that way. I always want to look polished.
About the shoes... I guess I don't have any recommendations there after you used the word "comfortable". 4 inch heels can only be so comfortable and that's all I wear to work. ;)

OrganizedChaos, way to go with the running! I've tried C25K as well and found I don't have the mindset for it as I get bored on the treadmill. Which is terrible because we have one ... it's a good thing the hubby loves it!

Pammy, good luck with the calorie shift. :) I had the hardest time going below where you are and had to be super diligent to move an ounce.... but you're pretty active so I'm sure it'll be a little easier for you. And I'm trying to be around here a little more to remember that I'm still working on losing! :p

So ladies, I have to admit that I haven't been wonderful lately. I have been enjoying the nicer weather a little too much. As soon as it's anywhere over 10 degrees celcius here everyone goes into summer mode. I stamp my foot down now though! Why do I need to drink in excess every opportunity? Why do I need that bun with my burger? and forget about having a second helping! And I really am trying to re-acquaint myself with salad. :D
Considering I'm coming home around 9pm that really puts a hook into including the gym in my schedule too.

but hey, this is a lifetime thing right? which means i've gotta put on my big girl panties and just do it.

Added motivation: Going to Montreal at the end of the month to celebrate our one year anniversary! I think I can drop at least a couple pounds and get a bit toned in the next 3.5 weeks. That'll go a long way to feeling comfortable touring the city in my summer skirts. :)

PammyFl 06-08-2010 10:40 PM

Preppin- UGH tell me about it. I haven't been losing anything lately. I will drop a lb and then go up a lb its so frustrating!!! We all get a little carried away now and again with bbqs and such, but no big deal. We can be a lil crazy now and again without MUCH pain. You can join me trying to myself back on track. Awesome motivation with the trip though..sounds amazing!

I haven't had any motivation today. I did workout but only a short workout tape. Just my lack of motivation is killing me! My eye has been twitching all day and its driving me crazy and I googled it and it says It can be caused by fatigue and stress. HELLOOO my life is stress right now. My sister just had a baby and now there is like 9 people living in the house so yeah stress is a huge part of my day now. Heading back to Chicago for the 4th for a month..CANT WAIT!!!! It really sucks only seeing the bf every few months but we make it work. Hope you ladies are doing awesome!

grneyedmustang 06-09-2010 08:18 AM

----> Tall girl here, dropping in. Nice to see other Jolly Green Giants around :)

prepping 06-09-2010 12:01 PM

Pammy, okay we'll do this whole motivation thing! I gotta admit that I expected that I'd be up after all I've been doing but I'm a smidge down so I guess that's not too bad. A month in chicago! That sounds like fun! Especially getting to see the bf... How is it that you only get to see him every few months? You're stronger than I -- I've never been able to do long distance. When I was younger I've broken up with guys because they lived on the other side of the city and dint have a car. :p

Grneyedmustang, welcome! :D hope to see you around!

PammyFl 06-10-2010 04:56 PM

grneyedmustang- Welcome to the group tallie!!

Preppin- Its always nice when you expect to be up a ton and only up a few lbs. It is amazing to realize that our bodys can survive on alot more calories then we think without gaining.

A month and a half actually!! I know it is extremely hard, but we make it work. I actually met him through an online game and I was in a long 4 year relationship at the time. It wasn't until I broke up with my now ex that I realized that he was perfect for me (besides the different area codes :/) We had known each other for over 2 years and he finally convinced me to fly up there and meet him for the FIRST TIME.. not to mention my first time on a plane!! And I must say If there is such thing as love at first sight, that was it. It was amazing! I only went for 3 days and every since then the trips have gotten longer and longer lol. He truly is my best friend and we can do anything and nothing together and have an amazing time doing it. We spend over 20,000 minutes a month on the phone. (Thank god for OOMA and FAV5 lol) We watch movies on the phone, tv shows.. sleep.. you name it lol. Im going to relocate to Chicago once Im comfortable which should be close to the end of the year. We just celebrated our 2 and half anniversary the first. It sucks to be so far apart all the time, but I wouldn't trade it for any other man in the world.
Ok enough of the mussy stuff.....

Today is been good for me. Today is day 10 on my new count and record everything plan and so far it is working except today UGH im having terrible cravings...but I haven't gave into them yet and hope that I don't but Ugh I just want to EATTT!!! Don't you hate that? My thighs are still sore from doing the Bum bum video (Brazil butt lift tapes) which is always a welcoming feeling since I haven't been sore in a while since I'm always active. No pain no gain right? I only have like 400 calories left for dinner and im probably going to go over. It sucks still living at home when you don't get you plan your meals its whatever available and most the time its not the healthiest of options. I have no idea how I have made this work as long as I have, but I know if I can do it here surrounded my temptation I can surely do it buying my own food.

<3333