3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CALLING all tall girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/125816-calling-all-tall-girls.html)

NavyWife4Lyfe 04-22-2009 10:24 PM

Hello to all

I'm like you TC I weigh 220 but no one believes me. I'm 5"7 but I wear a 14 as well but I would love to get back down to 150 at the least...I loked back at old pics of me when I was 145 and I looked like a bobble head... isn't that crazy how us taller ladies can weigh like 160-170 an wear a size 8. Sometime I see other women who look obviously bigger than me and they tell me how they weigh and I'm like I wish I weigh that much and then look at me like I'm full of it..lol

prepping 04-23-2009 03:53 PM

Welcome to the thread tc & Navywife!!!

How's everyone else doing?

tc, tips for success? eat healthy, eat enough but not too much, exercise using resistance training, and keep at it!!! (I'm still working on the "keep at it" part)

Navy, I have learned to not bother comparing myself to anyone shorter than me when looking at weight. I get super motivated when I know women who are 5'11" and taller who are in good shape. It gives me something to strive for because otherwise I'm completely at a loss as to what I should look like. I've known 2 ladies that I always refer back to in my own mind. Both absolutely gorgeous with huge boobs, small waist, and long lean legs. One is 6'1" at 155 lbs and the other is 6'2" at 160 lbs. So if I'm 5'11" then I can make a reasonable assumption that I could get down to 160ish and still have some more to go beyond that. it's such a head game. :dizzy:

PammyFl 04-23-2009 04:12 PM

Hey girls! Finally people I can relate to. Im 5''11 and wear a size 12 shoe!!!! Ive always been tall since i was a little girl which is a good and bad thing. I hate the fact that im never going to be the typical 130lb female. Us tall girls can carry alot more weight then other people and most dont even realize we weigh what we do. Ive always hated that my sisters weighed less than me even though im smaller!!! I have the hardest time finding clothes that fit me because of my long arms/legs how do you girls manage?

Jacqui_D 04-23-2009 05:06 PM

OMG yes, clothing to fit long arms and long legs! I have a very short waist and long legs, and I am amazed at how clothing is made. It seems that if you are a bigger size, they assume you must be short, because surely all tall people are thin, right? Hmph! I have needed an 18 tall and although I could find an 18 medium and an 18 short, I had the hardest time finding an 18 tall. (And yet size 8 had plenty of talls, because again, tall people are thin, right?)! Now that I wear a size 16, I'm having a little better luck, but tell me, how does that make sense? It's like people don't come in ALL shapes and sizes to clothes makers.

prepping 04-23-2009 05:43 PM

hmmm, still haven't come anywhere close to mastering finding clothes.

I've had better luck with shirts since losing weight though. When I was 200+ I was wearing XL, in the 180-200 range I was L and anything smaller than 180 is a comfortable/tighter M in most cases. I normally don't have any problem at all with sleeves but my issue is with length because I have a long torso.

Pants on the other hand... that's a headache and a half. I just can't wait until i lose the chub on my legs because it is the most frustrating thing in the world when all the waists are too big and the thighs barely fit or the bum shows standing up plumber crack. lol Designers really do cater to shorter girls with girth. And I've learned the hard way to not try anything on unless it's at least a 34 inseam because i know it for sure won't fit otherwise. I've just avoided shopping for jeans for the last 6 months or so instead. lol

Jacqui_D 04-23-2009 06:32 PM

My problem with blouses is sometimes the length, but mostly the arm width. I am not large enough all over to go into plus size clothing and yet my arms obviously are! I don't like very short sleeves because I don't like to show my arms off, and yet if I get a blouse that fits me around the chest and waist, the arms are usually too tight! Argh!

TheWalrus 04-23-2009 08:38 PM

I've had good luck with some tops I bought from Alight.com, with stretchy but nice pants from Vikki Vi, and with size 12 shoes from Shoes.com and Zappos.com :)

Forgot to add that I also like Eddie Bauer for Ts, etc. Love their sale section!

Starbuck 04-25-2009 09:23 AM

Ive found it really hard dieting in the past because im quite tall.

Whenever ive lost a bit of weight everyone always says "oh you look great" and when I say "well I've still got another 80lbs to lose" they don't believe me.
Everyone says "theres no way you could lose that amount, you'd waste away" but I don't think they realise just how heavy I am.

My husband always says that I don't look as heavy as I say I am. I suppose I should be happy I don't look 280lbs, but I know that I am.

I've decided this time just to get on with the weightloss, and not tell anyone how much I actually need to lose.

DCHound 04-25-2009 10:34 AM

Starbuck, I sympathize. I don't really look like I need to lose another 100 lbs but I definitely do.

xpinkglowx2 04-25-2009 04:27 PM

i agree. i told my mom i was planning on losing another 30 pounds and shes like "30 MORE POUNDS YOU COULD BE A SUPER MODEL!" im like... uh.. lol i will still be 160... im pretty sure super model isnt gona happen"

Starbuck 04-26-2009 06:57 AM

Thanks guys! It's great having somewhere to vent where people understand.;)

MrsDouger07 04-27-2009 10:01 AM

Hello ladies!

I'm 6ft tall, and have the same issues with shopping AND losing weight. I can never find clothes long enough, espically shirts. And since I am a plus size...the shirts are always too wide and too short.

I digress.

sjdphc 04-27-2009 01:39 PM

Good morning ladies. I totally agree with some of the earlier posts. I want/need to lose another 39lbs and if I tell someone that, the response is "you'll look sick" or "there won't be anything left"! Um, no I won't and yes there will be! "You'll look sick"?!? Thanks for the encouragement! LOL!

I am happy to report that I'm in the 180s. 189 to be exact, but in the 180s nonetheless! 21lbs to go until I have a "normal" BMI for my height.... :o

P.S. I'm glad to see that this thread is still surviving! Keep it going!

Tomato 04-27-2009 02:08 PM

Aloha, ladies!

I have been missing in action the last few days (or weeks?!?). I am really busy and I always put the 'catching up' on hold.

Anyway ... I am glad that we're talking about clothes and it seems to me that no matter what length or width you are, there will always be issues.
Here is an example: My current jeans are getting loose. I am not sure if I am good enough for one size down, but I would like to at least try. On Saturday, I went to Tall Girl. Their inseam (on all jeans) is 37" which is a tad too long for me, but hey - "have sewing machine, will travel!". I can take care of that.
I could not find anything smaller than size 8. I tried 3 different pairs on (different brands and different styles) and all three were too big for me. So I go to talk to the sales lady and she tells me all their jeans START AT SIZE 8!!!

I am thinking, WTF??? Are you telling me that there is nobody who is smaller than size 8" even though taller than me? I find it hard to believe. So, there you have it. No matter what size you are, it is still difficult.
So now I will go to The Gap, I will buy size 2 jeans (same style that I am wearing right now, which I love - I think it's the "Essential" style) and my ego will be happy.

Jacqui_D 04-27-2009 06:40 PM

Sjd, congrats on the 180s!!! :carrot: Good for you!!

Tomato, yes, I suppose that's true--no matter your size and depending on the store, all women will have trouble finding that perfect fit at one time or another! I do think that we long-legged women get more than our fair share, however, lol! I must say though, if I had the choice, I wouldn't give up these long legs for anything! :)