Old 09-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Holly-You have a beautiful and precious daughter.

Nae- a coyote near by. It's a good thing you keep the .22 rifle handy.

Meadow--Thanks for the picture of the hunky fireman. Yes, I enjoyed the concert.

Mel--I'd invite you down here but right now the farmers are harvesting their crops and the golden rod is in full bloom. I've been eating allergy medicine. So far I've not been to the doctor for a shot.

Happy--You can stay motivated now that you have something to look forward to. I am planning on a new goal of 172 by Thanksgiving. Weighed in this morning at 181.4.

Ruth-Enjoy your visit with Harry.

Slept till ten oclock this morning and have a headache as a result. Went to the furniture store to see if they had the coffee table that went with my end tables. She is going to order it. I may not be able to get the single chair to the sofa, but she's going to try. I can still make it work.

I need to get up and start cleaning the house. I just don't want to.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #197  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE OAKLEY NAE~ OM G I WOULD HAVE BLASTED IT WITH EVERYTHING I HAD TO SAVE MY "FAMILY"!! HOPE HE FINDS ANOTHER PLACE TO GO FOOD SHOPPING!! YIKES!!! GLAD THE TRIP WENT WELL AND HOPE YOU GOT SOME REST. HOPE TOO THE BOYS ARE FINE. GOOD TO SEE YOUR FACE!

RUTH~ NEVER WORRY ABOUT CATCHING UP. WE KNOW YOU ARE A BUSY GAL ON THE BOARDS AND IN REAL LIFE I HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE CASKS FOR THE DOGGIES....GOOD IDEA!!!

RENNIE~ STILL LAUGHING AT MAXINE THIS MORNING!
HOPE TOO THAT ALL IS WELL IN YOIUR NECK OF THE WOOODS!

HAPPY~ I DO HOPE YOU GET A GRIP ON THE TSUNAMI!! WRANGLE THAT SUCKER AND STOP IT IN IT'S TRACKS!! THEN GET SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!! ELVIS WAS A GREAT SHOW THERE TOO THEY SAY!!! ROFLMAO AND THEY EVEN SERVE AIGS!!

NOW I NEED TO GO TO THE NEXT PAGE AND SEE WHO IS THERE. COULDN'T GET IT TO LOAD THE FIRST TIME SO I WILL TRY IT NOW..............
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #198  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I SEE IT'S CEEJAY HERE...GOOD THAT YOU CAN GET THE TABLE AND I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE CHAIR. NOW GET UP AND CLEAN THAT HOUSE YOU LAZY WENCH! HOPE THE HEAD FEELS BETTER TODAY!

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING! MY SUNDAY WILL BE A BIT OF WORKING. THE ACCOUNTANT IS DUE AT 9. BUT I THINK HE'LL NOT BE NEEDING ME EXCEPT TO LOCK UP WHEN HE LEAVES. THIS GUY JUST WORKS TILL HE'S DONE, CALLS ME AND LEAVES.
EYES ARE BETTER AGAIN. THE GLUE SMELL HAS GONE SO I AM A HAPPY CAMPER TODAY! VERY HUMID ALREADY...ALMOST 70%. I THOUGHT THE RAIN WE GOT YESTERDAY WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT BUT NOOOOOO.
I BETTER GET SOME CLOTHES ON AND GET MY BUTT COVERED AND MOVING!!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #199  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Things are good. Usual stuff around here today. Nothing special. Except want to get the few things done I have to get done so we can sit and watch a movie together.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-12-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #200  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Skipped Church this morning because dear Lucy seems to be checking out.

It's very strange because she was fine yesterday although restless last night. This morning she's not eating, breathing very heavily and is listless. My Church friends came in to visit and she did manage a polite wag for each of them but that's it. She doesn't seem in pain but just wants to lie on her bed. I am afraid this is "it" and am hoping she just falls asleep and departs on her own. Otherwise, I'll make the hard decision and call the vet.

Dammit I love that dog! I didn't know I could cry so much!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #201  
Smackin' into a Wall

Oh Ruth :Hug: I'm sorry.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #202  

Dear Ruth, Prayers and thoughts for you and Lucy. Our hearts and souls are never the same when we have been touched by a wonderful pet and companion. May Peace come for both of you during this time.
Thinking of you,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #203  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
I am so sorry. We are in the same situation with Pepper. Vet says it could be days or it could be a couple of years. 12 years old for a Lab is old. I feel for you and hope you enjoy what little time you have left with her. Will pray for you.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #204  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Ruth tears for you and sweet Lucy.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #205  

Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I'll be thinking of you both and hoping for a peaceful transition.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth-This is sad. I know you love her dearly. Hope she goes in peace. ((((hugs))))

It's been a very quite day at work and have gotten a bunch of things done.

The only news is that I thought I wasbeginning to take this weight loss more seriously. However, I've just had 2 moon pies. sigh!!!!!

I had a morning visitor. My friend from the waste water lab is concerned about the lime machine. That's more than my boss would do. I think there is a fued going on between them. I'm picking up bits and pieces.

All have a quite Sunday's rest.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #207  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Wet and windy here in Perth but at least it is not too cold. Saturday was not a long work day - but I am going to charge them as such. I was sitting here writing out a list of things I could see would have to be changed and then started making some of the changes. Then I suddenly thought that I have had no official notification of this from my project team. Maybe I need to stop and think about it a bit more. So I fired off the odd email for clarification and went home.
It was a wonderful weekend weatherwise. Yesterday was nice as well so I took a book out onto the wee balcony and sat in the sun for a time, then watched a bit of mindless tv and did some cooking for lunches this week. I sound like LindaT. I also bought a bottle of bubbly for watching footy with. So although a bit tired (footy is not on at sociable hours), I've had a good quiet relaxing weekend.

Rennie: I see Maxine is at her cynical best again.

Happy - good motivation - a bit of a holiday and a long plane ride. We'll as necessary - no worries.

Rose: Nice to see you back with us. Glad you enjoyed your trip away. Picture board?? Speech?? did I miss something somewhere.

Ruth - so are you going to switch from Portuguese Water Dogs to St Bernards at a future time? Can't see one of them doing the Lucy dash up the stairs.

Mel - I think you mean the Meerkats. Cute little animals always on the look out for each other.
Poor wee eye. Rest up and come back better. Gotta wonder what the glue will do to the health of the workers up there on the roof.

We are in the last week of September - where are we going for October? Took a squiz at the map and the only O that comes up is OMAN in the middle east. Not sure I want to go there. Maybe we should just join in Oktoberfest in Germany - or be Oriental. Or go to Oslo. Anywhere but bloody Perth.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #208  

(((((Ruth)))))))

I am feeling completely depleted .... so I tossed in one more load of wash. It simply has to be done. The kids did put away their own belongings in the living room and are now tucked into bed. I will watch the first Cold Case of the season.The Avon appts went well. My Grandma was very weak today. I had to help her walk and to eat.She is not much bigger than DS right now.She has aged rapidly in the last 2 months.I felt so sad when I left. I love her so much.
I went for groceries on the way home.Got those put away, did some spelling with the kids. The hubby continues to be supportive.
Went to a great wedding last night.DD has had a wonderful Bday.
I have quite simply had too many short nights and very long days for 4 weeks straight. Good days but I am crashing hard today.
I should get 7.5 hours of sleep tonight.I will have 2.5 hours in the morning before work to clean house, do some biz stuff and make supper.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #209  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Ruth - I didn't see this when I was on before. I'm so sad and sorry. I'm hoping for peace for both of you.

Love to you both.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #210  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

How about "OMG - it's OCTOBER already"

You're right Shad - certainly are limited on the O countries. Lotsa O cities.

Can't believe how the year is racing by.

I love the word squiz. I vote you teach us some new words. I'm always looking for something unique for my next password. You might just be the one to help me along

First day of autumn here - does that make it the first day of spring by you?

Ceejay - they STILL make Moon Pies? Wow. If you come across a "Chunky" candy bar, let me know. Actually I'd prefer a Clark Bar.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Holly. They seem to hit speedbumps and all of a sudden the health take a big leap downwards. Hope she finds her spunk again.

Interesting article in Reader's Digest about lack of sleep. Apparently lack of it makes too much of the chemical that makes us hungry and not enough of the one that tells us we are full. I know it had to have more to do with gaining weight then just night eating.

So all you chicks GET TO BED! Don't worry - while you are asleep the good fairy will come and finish all your chores.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-23-2007 at 10:51 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote