Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #121  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grrrrrr! When I came home from the party last night, I left my glasses on the kitchen table. Lucy ate them this morning! That's pair #8 since October 2005!
I don't mind the $$, the worry and the inconvenience as much as having to go back to the optometrist!

I punished her by not taking her to Church!

Feeling a bit punky this a.m. and may be getting a cold so I am planning to NOT visit Harry. I drank very little last night so it's not a hang over. I think I may just be pretty tired so will take it easy today - maybe some painting? Maybe herb tea? Maybe a nap?

Not feeling chatty for a change - maybe later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #122  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Sounds like an interesting group of people in here.

Well, my excitement for the day yesterday was going with my daughter to practice tennis. She on her high school team. Regressing.. why is it mothers never get those awards on banquet night. It seems to me, we are the ones that have earned them. The kids are young, they can jump all over the place. We on the other hand, are not young and still have to be hit by 1,000's of tennis balls and try to keep up with a person at least 28 years younger than we are lol.

Anyway, I tried to do my best and hit, I don't know how many, balls over that stupid net to her. Since I can't stop coughing for more than 15 min this was pretty darn fun for me lol. She of course hit them back AT me. I really think her favorite part of the day is when I go with her to practice. She gets me back for every wall I have made her scrub lol. After an hour I was wiped out and told her that was all I could do. We usually do this for 2 or 3 hours.

I now have beautiful wainscotting. How is this, you might ask. Well, my son decided to curse in front of me. This is NOT allowed. He and a bottle of old English got to be best friends all yesterday afternoon. I have to report, the wood work looks lovely.

I have already gone thru the house and straightened up. My husband of course has yelled about this, I am sick he says and should have told everyone else what I wanted done. He says my " straightening up " is what other people call cleaning. It isn't cleaning. Cleaning is cleaning and straightening up is straightening up lol. Would have taken longer to make everyone do what I wanted than just do it myself. Now mind you, usually I make everyone do their chores even if this means I have to stand over them with a whip. But today I just don't feel like having to beat anyone. I have two loads of laundry left to do and then I am done for the day, he is going to make dinner , which of course means spaghetti but that is ok I don't feel like cooking. I am going to do nothing harder for the rest of the day than wrap in a nice blanket and watch tv.

You have now had a small peek into the daily life of a Domestic Goddess. Don't you feel better about your own exciting life now

Ruthxxx
Sorry you aren't feeling the thing. Maybe a nice cup of tea and a nap are just the thing.

Happy2bme
Since hubby works out of town and is gone so much, will be so nice when he finds a job in town. He always goes to the store with me. I find this more work than when I had to drag two children under the age of 6 with me lol.

Melody
You know I go on about my son sometimes. That is just an outlet for all the pent up anger I have because of how the world treats him. God gave him me to me and not to someone else because he knew I wouldn't put the child in a barrel and plug up the hole lol. Think my life would be more of a burden without that delightfully child. He does make me laugh. Yesterday was his " kissing mom all over her face " day until I was screaming for him to leave me alone.

Shad
Have always wanted to visit Australia just getting on a plane is the problem lol. Have seen pics and you have a beautiful country.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-21-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Another wonderful day in Paradise I see. Don't feel so stressed out today somehow. However probably all that will change when the troops arrive. So far it is just me, a $17 million dollar view and the sunshine. And all of you of course. I did get some work done yesterday in spite of spending a lot of time sorting out photos for you lot. I'd better only charge for half a day I think.

Mel it is not enough to say I'd start with the antlers! Why would you start with the antlers? You have to have a reason for such things. Elucidate. What's this going to bed with men? I'm amazed and with the grandson in the house as well! Rest up and get better.

Happy - are you going out in sympathy with Mel. If she has Mr Sciatica, who are you rummaging about with? That's not grammatical. Enjoy the shopping. *snork* as Ruth would say!!

Ruth - I can't see how the optometrist will mind if Lucy eats the specs. He probably considers you his best customer! That Lucy. She just doesn't get any better does she. I wonder where she gets that 'joie de vivre' from. The nap, cup of tea and painting sound like heaven to me. Not necessarily in that order mind you.

Rennie, so good of you to go to tennis with your daughter even tho' you are sick. And instead of telling you that you are sick, is there a reason he couldn't have taken the daughter to tennis? You could have stayed home and warm and gotten the son to do more cleaning - uh straightening! Sounds like you have a good home life there. All power to you.

Not much new to report on around here. I've obviously sabotaged myself AGAIN over the weekend. This has to stop. I know what is causing it. I just have to do something about it or at the end of the month, I will be reporting no loss again!

Enjoy the wildflowers - I'll be back.

Last edited by Shad; 09-16-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Another weekend zipped by again. I'm looking forward to this week at work - most of the managers are going to a big, off-site conference which means it should be relatively quiet around the office and I'm hoping to get caught up with things.

I did alot of cooking yesterday. The nicer thing about the cooler weather is that you can make stuff ahead of time and just warm it up. Made 2 soups also. One was a vegetable soup from Rachel Ray's magazine. It's ok. Chock full of vegetables but I've had better tasting soups.

I'm glad you figured out the sabotage Shad - I don't know why I keep falling into the same bad habits over and over.

Don't have much time to post this morning so I'll just say and be on my way.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #125  
Smackin' into a Wall

I am also going to have to do a drive-by waving . Busy morning here in The Tower and I am really not feeling that great. But I am here and that is something. Turns out the Dr. found "something" in my blood tests. They called me and "insisted" I book a follow-up appointment... which I had already done, but I called to see if I had to have an earlier one since they sounded so serious on the phone. Meh. Turns out my Dr. is off on vacation this week, and the receptionist thought I was crazy... so I doubt I am in a life-threatening situation here. Gosh. It would be too back to ruin the guy's golf game for a mere health crisis. I suspect that the news will be that I am either close to or have slipped over into the wonderful world of Diabetes. I have no one to blame but myself (and poor genetics) if that turns out to be the problem.

Whatever it is I will deal with it when I have to. K. I have to run off to meeting, meetings and more meetings. I'll come back to comment later.

Greetings, Rennie. Welcome aboard!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #126  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ I HOPE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER TODAY!! MAYBE YOU HAVE THE WINTER MUSCLE/BONE BLUES COMING ON. HOPE NOT!! GOOD THING DH IS THERE FOR THE SHOPPING...I SENT JEN! I AM AT PRESENT BACK 0ON THE ALEVE! THANK GOD FOR OTC DRUGS

RUTH~ I WOULD THING YOUR RUNNING AROUND AND HAVIONG NO TIME TO REST UP IN BETWEEN TIMES IS THE CULPRIT....OR A GERMY FRIEND! HOPE YOU TOO FEEL BETTER TODAY. DON'T GO OVERBOARD!! GET SONE RUTH TIME IN AS WELL. SO SORRY ABOUT THE GLASSES...DOES IT GIVE HER INDIGESTION???

RENNIE~ NICE TENNIS PRACTICE. TOO BAD IT WAS WHILE YOU WERE SICK. BUT THAT EXERCISE IS REALLY GOING TO HELP MWITH THE WEIGHTLOSS. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON ALSO. I GUESS WE WILL ALL BE DOING YOIUR WAINSCOTTING....CAUSE WE ALL CURSE HERE. SO I WILL APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE....AT LEAST YOUR WALLS WILL BE CLEAN!

SHAD~ I WAS DOING 7 DAYS A WEEK WHAT YOU DO ON THE WEEKENDS. NOT WITH THE SAME DRINKS AND FOOD BUT I WAS REALLY OFF BASE LAST MONTH HOPE THE SCALE IS GENTLE WITH YOU AT MONTHS END. IT HAS TO BE TOUGH TO STAY ON A PLAN WHEN YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME SO MANY DAYS A YEAR. I'M NOT TRYING TO COMFORT YOU MIND BUT I THINK Y9U HAVE DONE A PRETTY AMAZING JOB CONSIDERING YOUR "HOMELIFE" OR LACK THERE OF!!!

GOOD MONDAY MORNING CHICKLETTES. HOPE ALL PRESENT AND UNACCOUNTED FOR ARE WELL AND HAPPY THIS FINE MORNING. SUNNY BUT COOL AND I AM LOVING IT TODAY. LIKE I SAID TO HAPPY, I STARTED THE ALEVE. THANK GOD THERE IS SUCH A DRUG. IT'S MY LIFELINE TO HAPPY LIVING. GOT RID OF THE SCIATICA AND WOKE UP WITH A STIFF NECK....I THOUGHT ONLY MEN WOKE UP WITH THOSE THINGS SEXUAL HUMOR BEFORE NOON! SHAME ON YOU MEL I ALREADY WAS IN THE OFFICE AND LEFT MY REPORTS AND FILLED JOHN IN AND FLEW THE COOP BEFORE THE REST ARRIVED. HE GAVE ME A COMPLIMENT ON MY SKIN AND EYES AND I FELT LIKE DANCING. THEY ARE IMPROVING SLOWLY BUT SURELY. SO MAYBE I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO THAT DAMN CLINIC....I NHATE THAT PLACE. YOU SIT THERE A TOTAL OF 6 HRS SOMETIMES AND WITH SOME OF THE RUDEST AND SICKEST PEOPLE. THEY'RE ALWAYS EITHER COUGHING OR SCREAMING AT THEIR KIDS. ANYWAY....LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT GET A REPRIEVE. I NEED TO GO AN PUT A PAIN PATCH ON THIS NECK AND GET ON WITH THE DAY. I WOKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WITH THE COVERS 1/2 OFF. WAS HAVING A WEIRD DREAM AND WHEN I WOKE I WAS COLD...ALA THE NECK PROBLEM. HAVE A GREAT DAY..HAPPY MONDAY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #127  
Happy September

MADCAT~ ENZYME TEST REDONE ARE COMMON FOR PEOPLE OVER 30 THESE DAYS. SEEMS LIKE OUR DRUGS RAISE THEIR LEVELS. SO DON'T GET TOO EXCITED. I HAD MINE RETESTED AND IT WAS FOUND THE ONE OF MY MEDS WAS DOING IT. IT COULD BE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THAT. SO HANG IN THERE AND LET THE DR ENJOY HIS GOLF GAME
BUT I AM SENDING ALSO MY NORTHERN SISTER!

HAPPY~ SENDING TO YOU AS WELL. I GAVE MY MAGAZINES TO JUDY IN THE OFFICE. THAT RACHAEL WEARS ME OUT JUST READING HER!! SHE HAS TOO MUCH ENERGY FOR HER OWN GOOD BUT SHE'LL BE A MULTIMILLIONAIRE DOING IT!!! I WAS THINKING OF YOU OVER THE WEEKEND AND YOUR SOUP THINGY WITH THE FALL COMING ON.

OK I AM REALLY LEAVING THIS TIME

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-17-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #128  

HI!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #129  
Happy September

A WEEK OF HOLIDAYS
"September is National Be Kind to Writers and Editors Month (We did not make this up.)

September 19: National Butterscotch Pudding Day
September 20: In England, this was traditionally the time for picking hops.
September 22: Harvest celebrations were traditionally held about this time throughout Europe and England. In some areas, it's time to harvest apples.
September 23: Today is the Fall Equinox, and the first day of autumn. The Sun moves into the sign of Libra.

Hymn to Hops
Haste, haste then and strip, as it bends from the pole
The fruit that gives vigour and strength to the soul
Our hearts and our spirits to cheer
It warms and enlivens the true British beer.
—Charles Dibdin, Songs, 1798"

THIS ARRIVED IM MY MAILBOX FROM AN AUTHOR'S WEBSITE CALLED ALL ABOUT THYME:

http://www.abouthyme.com/

AND THEY WRITE MYSTERIES TOO:
http://www.mysterypartners.com/
BUT ALL IN GOOD TASTE!! VERY LIGHT READING

HOLLY

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-17-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #130  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

He could have taken her but that is mommy daughter time.

Woke up at 3 am and just couldn't go back to sleep so I cooked lol. Pot of Chile, pot of potato soup. Since I had this wonderfully burst of energy I cleaned house, ironed the sheets and finished the laundry. After finishing all this, I took a nice nap. Now, everything is done and I am sitting here trying to think of something to do.

Melody
The things you find to tell us lol.

Holly
right back at you.

Madcat
I found out a long time ago. Do NOT worry early to avoid the rush ( this is still one of my big problems ). Could be nothing. Sometimes tests just need to be redone.

Shad
I have a wonderfully home life. This is because I run the roost with a whip lol You can tell my children live in fear of me. You can tell this by the way they roll their eyes at me when I tell them to do something lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-21-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Madcat-don't fret to much over the recall. I've been recalled several times.If it had been urgent he' probably left word with his nurse to inform you.

Shad-Wish we had a 17 million dollar view. Enjoy the solidtude while you can.

Mel--Glad you are feeling better today also.

Ruth--Yikes--Another pair of glasses.

Shy Moment--Welcome to our group. Hope you like it here.

My trip to my uncles was good. Today is flying by but I've got a lot done.

Had to call my boss earlier about upping the dosages. We's slowed down a lot since the rain.

I've found out one thing this week end. I added beef back into my diet and got sick. (IBS) The doctor said there could be a possiblity that I had food allergies. I'm thinking he may be right.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #132  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Lovely morning here in Perth. Now watch the rain come and stuff it all up. Guess what! My co-worker from Fiji has finally figured out the word work. He slaved away all day yesterday instead of sloping off under the nearest coconut palm. When I asked - C, what put the rocket up the Khyber Pass, he just said that he always works like this. Talk about a crazy mixed up kid. He has finally got his ticket home for the birth of his baby. I've talked him into 10 days. He was just going to go for the weekend!!!! What happens if the baby doesn't arrive on time? What happens if the baby decides to come early. What happens if....... Ah well she has plenty of family at home to support her. Ever thought she might want the husband there at this time???? I'll make a snag out of this guy yet. I still have 4 months of the project to run!!!
Anyway, if all goes well, I will not need to work this weekend at all. Yaaahooo.

Happy - busy little bee. How's the back and shoulders today.

Madcat - Doctors must be the most obtuse lot on earth. Mine does the same to me. I ring the surgery and the receptionist tells me that she can't divulge information over the phone and that I must speak with the doctor and no she can't put me through - doesn't matter that I am in Perth, Groote or wherever, the doctor wants to see me within 2 weeks. When I get there, having spent an hour or two in the most UNCOMFORTABLE waiting room in the world, I have a raised blood sugar level!!! It's nothing to worry about and everything to be aware about! Pffffffft. The blood sugar levels are up simply because I ate 2 mangoes while waiting to see the doctor - all his fault, if he had seen me straight away, these things wouldn't happen.
Hope your troubles are just as trivial as mine were.

Mel - you always make me feel better about my failures and woes in the weight business. I'm trying hard, but it does get boring from time to time. Motivation slips away and I just lose the plot. Has someone seen my plot?? I must admit I was riveted with the daily information. I'll pass on the 19th, but I've seen the hops drying in the oasthouses of Kent and Sussex. Interesting stuff - stinks but.... and true British beer is NOT THAT EXCITING. There I've said it aloud.

Rennie - I thought kids always did that - isn't it teen talk for "Oh no, she's doing the Mum thing again". One thing I do like about my doctors office is that he has a sign on the wall that says:
LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO AVENGE YOURSELF ON THE KIDS
I have every intention of carrying that out.

Ceejay - there is a marinade for red meat that one of the women here sent around. It is supposed to remove all the additives from the meat. I'll fish it out, but quite frankly, if beef makes you feel like that, you are better off without it, additives, marinade or not. I'd rather go vegetarian than try to eat something I hated and which made me sick.

Okay, time to go and sort out the children. I'll be back later.

Last edited by Shad; 09-18-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #133  

Welcome Rennie!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #134  
Happy September

RENNIE~ MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST HIRE YOU AS OUR CHEF. WE ALL LOVE SOUPS AND HOMECOOKED MEALS!! YUM!! BUSY DAY YOU HAD AND I BET IT WASN'T EVEN NOON WHEN YOU FINISHED!

CEEJAY~ BEEF IS MY MEAT OF CHOICE BUT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO DIGEST IT....JUST LAYS LIKE A LUMP IN MY STOMACH. I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY???????

SHAD~ 4 MORE MONTHS??? NEVER REALIZED THIS JOB WAS SO LONG. WHEN THAT GUY GOES HOME I HOPE SHE HAS THE BABY ON TIME....IMAGINE HIM ASKING HER EVERY 5 MINUTES "ARE YOU READY?"....JUST SO HE CAN GET BACK TO WORK. MAYBE HE'S A WORKAHOLIC?! AS FAR AS THE WEIGHT IS CONCERNED...I REALLY THINK A BUNCH OF US HAVE A GENETIC PRECLUSION FOR LOSING THOSE LAST POUNDS. I HAVE SEEN THIS IN TOO MANY WOMEN OF OUR STATURE. WISH I WAS WRONG BUT I THINK WE BOTH AGREE IT WOULD TAKE EXTREME DEDICATION TO GET THERE AND WE ARE JUST TOO BUSY -ING TO THE RHYTHM OF LIFE!!

THERE IS A HUGE CRANE OUTSIDE MY LIVINGROOM WINDOW. WE NEED MAJOR REPAIRS ON OUR CONCRETE ROOF AND THEY ARE BEGINNING THE JOB TODAY. SHOULD BE INTERESTING. THE GRANDSON IS ALREADY DISPLEASED WITH HAVING BEEN WOKEN UP. THE LOVELY SMELL OF FALL MIXED WITH DIESEL FUMES WAS COMING IN SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I SHUT THE WINDOWS.
WE ARE SURROUNDED BY TRUCKS AND IT WILL MAKE FOOD SHOPPING AND GETTING THE BUS NEAR ENOUGH VERY DIFFICULT WITH SO MANY SENIORS GOING SO I CANCELED WITH WILLY. I HAVE PLENTY AND JEN CAN GET SOMETHING IF I NEED IT. I HAVEN'T STOPPED SNEEZING SINCE I GOT UP....AND I AM NOT NORMALLY A SNEEZING KINDA GAL. I'LL RUN THE A/C ON FAN TO GET WHATEVER IS IN HERE OUT! THE PERILS OF MELINE!
HAPPY TUESDAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-18-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #135  
Happy September

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Handle every situation like a dog ..

If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,

Pee on it and Walk Away.