Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/165/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello all,

I can certainly sympathize with the mugginess--we had that here in July. Today is the first day here in about a week and a half that it doesn't feel like the middle of October. I was certainly hoping that summer wasn't over yet.

I'm trying to get back on the workout track after a summer off--broke my tailbone in May and it hurt to do just about anything. I'm considering getting up bright and early before work to go work out, since I usually feel much too lazy after work, but I'm worried that I'll be too tired to be useful at the office. Or is it true what they say about exercising first thing in the morning, that it gives you energy for the rest of the day??

Later all
Old 08-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh wow . . . that brings back memories . . . very painful memories. I broke my tailbone about 35 years ago. Glad to hear you are just about mended. Not fun at all . . .

Anyway BANANYA . . . welcome to out CRAZY little group. Hope we will be seeing lots less of you lots more often now that you've found us.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #108  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Cloudy here - not warm enough to be muggy (thank goodness!) and a small hailstorm just before supper. Nothing much.

I started the Sonoma diet on Friday and am having fun with meals. Missing fruit though, especially while canning peaches!

Snuggles to all,
Jax
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #109  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Weather is much, much better today and I'm taking advantage of it. Just about to run out again, but wanted to say a quick Hi to everybody.

See you soon . . .
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #110  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Oh how I envy everyone who is having beautiful weather! It's too hot to breathe here! Supposed to cool down to the lower 90's by the weekend, but humidity will be so thick you can carve it with a knife. Hopefully only a month of HORRIBLE heat left. Yippee!! I'm counting the days....Hopefully I"ll be fully recovered from surgery in time to enjoy it immensely!

Kinda half-heartedly started back on the wagon today, although I just ate some chocolate.........I find that I just get hungry so easily now. Hormonal?? I'm not sure. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I'm gonna pray about it.

Hubby to be home from work really, REALLY soon...guess I should go clean the kitchen up...dirty dishes for DAYS!

Have a great rest of your day, everyone!

Diana
Old 08-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #111  
Onward and Downward

Think I remember your mentioning that you had a 'complete' didn't you? That would definitely mean that menopausal symptoms are kicking in. Sorry, kiddo, just try to stay strong.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone,

I've been very busy the last couple of weeks and I haven't been posting. I hope everyone is doing fine. The weather here is so much nicer now that it's cooled off a bit.

My girls (cats) are settling in quite nicely so I hope things will continue to go well with them.

Quote:
I find that I just get hungry so easily now. Hormonal?? I'm not sure.
I take it you had a hysterectomy Diana. When I had mine they didn't remove my ovaries and I had all of the PMS on a monthly basis that I had always had. Then a year later thay had to remove my overies - I was 40 - and I went into full menopause almost overnight - hot flashes, hunger, etc. It does get better with time.

Talk soon,
Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #113  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, I'm 34 and I had a total--I had one ovary that was the size of a large orange, one the size of a large lemon. They had to GO! Plus I had stage 4 endometriosis (frozen pelvis...everything was stuck together). Today I feel depressed. I think my hormones are just raging (or lack of hormones..whichever the case may be). My house is a mess...I don't wanna clean it up. My 2 yr old is getting on my very last nerve again today! I need to go to the grocery store (I have just a very little bit of toilet paper left), but I don't want to go anywhere. I just want to lay on the couch and do nothing. I just feel like crying. I'll be 5 weeks post op on Thursday...can't have any hormones until atleast 6 weeks post op. What am I gonna do for the next 2 weeks?? Eat, probably. lol

Sorry to be such a downer...

Diana
Old 08-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #114  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Wowwweee have I ever been having a crummy day. Weather is great, but I'm the pits. Started my day at 3:30 am with a really nasty hypo event and have been feeling yucky all day long.

Hopefully everything will be back to normal tomorrow . . .
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #115  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Things are definitely looking brighter this morning. Blood sugar is at a good level; sun is shining; humidity is bearable. We will not discuss the scale-; but after the garbage I ate yesterday, it isn't surprising and I'm sure he'll fall back into line fairly soon, too.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . .
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All -

Hey, Diana and Meowee - I hope you're both feeling much better, and quickly!!

It was really hot here again today, but it feels as though the humidity is diminishing. It looks like it's going to be a stellar weekend, weather-wise (it's a holiday weekend here in the U.S.). Yippee!!

I had my annual physical the other day. My overall health is good (yay!), but I actually gained weight from last year (boo!). Ah, the struggle continues....

Is everyone off enjoying the end of August? I hope so.

Be well, All! Good night!

Em
Old 08-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #117  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Another nice looking day around here. Of course, it is going to be a rainy long-weekend for us. Why does that seem to happen so often?

Well, my friend Lou-Lou and I are going to do the lunch and 'shop till you drop' thing this afternoon, so I'd better get a few little constructive things done before it's time to leave. Hope everybody has a great day planned. See you later, gang . . .
Old 08-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #118  
Getting there...

meowee - here too. Supposed to be 33° today, similar tomorrow, then rain on Sat. Ah well...

Two boys back in school safely! One more on Tuesday.

Jax
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

The forcast here is for sunny and hot - 30's - on the long weekend. I'm looking forward to a bit cooler fall weather.

Not too much new here. Just getting used to the cats.

My younger son doesn't go back until Thursday, Grade 12. He needs to get back to a schedule - too many late nights and sleep ins. My older son has decided to take a year off from university. I'm okay with that as long as he does something. He's finishing his summer guarding job tomorrow. He keeps telling me he's getting another job, but.....

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:27 AM   #120  
Getting there...

Hi everyone,

We're off this afternoon to take the trailer out somewhere for the long weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend themselves. It was hot here yesterday again, but at least since the days are shortening it cools down at night.

Snuggles to all,

Jax
Closed Thread