Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday . . . or maybe those two words are mutually exclusive . . . ?

It's overcast and humid in northern Nova Scotia today . . . but not too uncomfortable . . . sun would be nicer of course.

See you later, gang
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #62  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everybody. Wow, I cannot even fathom the 70's in August! How nice that must be! I've lived in Louisiana (southern US--Gulf of Mexico borders the south end of our state for anyone who isn't familiar) all my life...you'd think I'd be used to these 100+ degree days (with heat index they say it feels like 110-115 degrees....I think it feels hotter than that....then again, those values are taken in the shade, so I guess it does feel hotter than that). You can literally almost melt here in the summer. Last night on our local news, the news anchor had gone out in the hottest part of the day yesterday and placed a can of Coke on the dash of a closed up vehicle. Within I think 5 minutes the can was bowed out on the top and within 15 minutes, the can had actually sprung a leak and was dripping coke out in the car. AMAZING! (or scary, I guess.)
Anyway, went to Dr. today...my incision has another infected place about 2" deep, but not big around. I think I'll never get well. They've told me to eat lots of protein to speed up the healing process.....I'm trying....Am afraid to brave the scales...I know I've probably gained some back. Just what I needed was for someone to TELL ME to eat more of something. LOLOL

Oh well, that' my drama for the day. Hope everyone has a GREAT night!

Diana
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #63  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

The scale is moving in the right direction again this morning - it's great to be back on track.

Mornings are cool again (12° right now at 6) - this seems to be sticking, what a relief. We're still up at 30° during the day but it's refreshing to have cooler mornings - and much better than the weeks of 35°+. Lots of flies around though, not the biting kind, but annoying nonetheless.

Kodiak is sleeping in his crate in the kitchen now, still gets up once or twice a night but better than whining all night.

Yesterday the air hockey table we got for the boys' birthdays arrived. They were very excited! The original plan was that we would hide it until Owen's birthday (Sept 2) but it's too big, so we let them have it now, they can use it for the rest of the school holidays, and get small tokens on their actual birthdays. They were all born in September so it's a busy month for us.

Have a great day everyone,
Jax
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #64  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Overcast and humid again today, even after the massive thunderstorms we had last night -- but it's not too hot -- so, all in all, in doesn't feel too bad out there.

All three kittens hate me. The three adults got breakfast; the kittens got crated for their trip to the vet. They will, no doubt hate me even more when they wake up with pain after their little surgeries. Oh well, bet it makes them forget about being hungry for a few hours. Probably won't be home until Thursday and then after that they should recover pretty quickly.

Nothing else is new around here . . . the house is definitely overly quiet with the feline population cut in half. Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #65  
Diana

Well ladies, I'm somewhat happier today than I have been since surgery. Feel like things are kinda somewhat getting back to some sort of resemblence of normal...not completely, but I'll take anything! Tomorrow is registration for school....mixed about that. Not ready yet...we had so many plans for the summer....instead, I spent it having surgeries. But I've done okay eating today so far. I'm eating far less than pre-surgery. Still not braving the scales. I'm not feeling that much better. lolol

If I can just heal my infections now................

Diana

PS I have a request....but only for the brutally honest. Anyone who's up for the challenge, click on my picture and view my profile. Take a look at my before and current pic and offer an opinion on if you can even tell a difference. Thanks in advance for your pure honesty!!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone,

Another beautiful day in Manitoba. It is so nice that the heat and humidity have settled down and we can enjoy our lovely summer.

GainingWeightInLa - I'm being 'brutally honest' and I can see a big difference. Especially in your neck and cheeks. Something's happening!

It seems I've had a very busy day but I'm not real sure what I've done.
I hope that happens to other people once in a while.

Have a great day,
Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all
I went to weigh-in yesterday and finally have lost 4 1/2lbs . Yee Haa !!! It feels great and a really good reminder that if one eats healthier the weight will come off .
Linda I hope those kittens are doing well .

Diana you look awesome . Congrats on the big weight loss . How much have you lost in all ?

Have a good day everyone .
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #68  
Getting there...

Hi all,

Warmer this morning but not scorching yet. We're doing much better - in the high 20's as opposed to the high 30's. Like that!!

Diana - you look WAAAY better. I know it's hard to see the differences in ourselves but you look great in your current picture, and your face is definitely much slimmer. Way to go! I hope the infections begin healing and you can feel better too. What are you doing in school?

Linda, I have to take the puppy to the vet for shots this week, he's not going to be thrilled either. I hope the kittens are feeling better.

Denise, I have lots of days when I seem to be busy all day and nothing has changed! And then other days when I get stuff done, but the house falls apart!

Have a great day all,
Jax
Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #69  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . another busy, busy day going on for some strange reason . . . at keast the weather is semi-cooperative. It's still very humid and pretty overcast, but not too hot.

Talked to the Vet earlier this morning and the triplets came through surgery just fine and dandy. Purrecious is really missing them and is trying to create enough havoc on her own to keep me from missing them too much. The old guys -- Jazz and Mouse -- seem to be enjoying the peace and quiet.

Hope the day is good to all of you . . . see you soon . . .
Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #70  
Diana

Hi, everyone! Thanks for everyone's honesty about my pics. In all, I've lost a total of 40 lbs...give or take 2 or 3. At my heaviest I was 260. I was at 218 the other day, but haven't weighed again since then. The lowest I've been on this journey was 215...I weighed that once in my nightgown, got off scales and got right back on and was 216. lolol I'm so close to Onederland...but so far away! I want it....I'll have it one day. Hopefully when I get over all this junk I'm going thru right now I'll achieve it fairly quickly. I really think the stage 4 endometreosis was holding me back in the exercise department. I just couldn't make myself exercise for very extended periods of time.

Jax, I'm not going to school....I registered my son today. He's going into third grade. We got there this morning and found his name....he had (on paper anyway) the teacher he was hoping for. We got to the classroom and there was a new teacher...she said the old teacher had decided to quit like day before yesterday and she was taking his place. My son was understandably a little disappointed. But he has some good friends in his class so we're hoping for a good year. (crossing our fingers)

We're off to McDonald's. We always have a mcdonald's date on school registration day and on the last day of school and he's driving me crazy about it! Hope I can have some restraint!

Have a great day, everyone! See you all later~
Diana
Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All!

Another beautiful day here on the MA coast. We took a quick trip to the beach after work, and MAN, was that water cold!! I'm not a paranoid person, but I did keep a "weather eye" out for the great whites that have been gobbling up seals off Cape Cod!

Diana - What a difference between the two pictures!! Keep up the great work!

Meowee - It must seem like a mini-vacation with half the usual suspects gone, but I bet you're looking forward to having them home just the same, eh? I'm glad they came through their surgeries well. They shouldn't be nearly as rambuctious now (right?).

Chocco - Congratulations on the HUGE weight loss!! Yippee!!!!

Does ANYBODY know how I add text to my ticker????!!!!

Ok, I think I took half the sand home with me from the beach. It's time for a shower and bed!

Good night, All! Sweet dreams!

Em
Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all you wonderful people

Today is a crappy overcast low ceiling kind of day and I have a huge headache due to this . I wish this kind of weather did not bother me. How lucky some people are . Anyway , I hope to be feeling better later as I have a date with my girlfriend to supper and a movie. ( Oh my god someone just pull my eyes out of my head please . they really hurt and my head too , not to mention feeling like I could be sick to my stomach ) SORRY for complaining

I hope everyones day is great , I might check in later

Annette
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #73  
Getting there...

Hi everyone,

Exercise is scaled back for a while - I tripped over Kodiak walking last night (puppy between the legs!) and wrenched my left ankle. It's not too bad - we put ice on it and I can walk, but no running or exercise DVDs for now. I can do upper body weights today, but that's it. Of course I had a pity party for myself while icing it, a bacardi breezer cocktail and a rice krispy square. Not the best for food either, but I did keep under my 1600 calories for the day!

Em - I'm not sure what you mean. I can't add text to the ticker itself, but I typed the text in my sig which goes below the ticker. For that I typed the text in the box underneath the url for the ticker.

It's supposed to be in the low 30's for the rest of the week and the rain they were forecasting has disappeared from the forecast. Too bad. Apparantly the conditions are "excellent" for west-nile-virus bearing mosquitos. Great!

Have a good one everyone!
Jax
Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Diana . . . MacDonald's is getting a little better, you know. Just stay away from the greasy fries (have a side salad with light dressing instead) and toss half of your bun. Still not the greatest, healthiest food available - but definitely better.

Em . . . Hopefully the kittens will be a little more inclined to behave now -- time will tell. BTW, Jax gave you the right answer to your question. Just go to the top of the forum page, click on "Quick Links" then click on "Edit Signature". Just type the text you want to appear under (or above) your signature in that box where the actual url code for your ticker is, click "save" and you are in business.

Annette . . . So sorry you are having a weather-change-migraine. I know just how you feel because I get them too. Yuck. Hope it passes quickly.

Jax . . . Amazing how one puppy can be in the road all the time isn't it. Take care of the ankle and stay away from those 'skitters.

Weather is nice around here this morning; doesn't seem as humid as it's been the past couple of days. Hopefully it will last. Other than that . . . nothing too exciting around northern Nova Scotia. Here's an interesting little article I thought you might enjoy reading . . . http://www.dukediet.com/publicsite/n...?issueid=28326

Hope everybody has a good moving and shaking kind of day shaping up. Keep doing the good stuff just as much as you can and the rewards will follow, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #75  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi there CATHERINE (BUTTERFLY) . . . welcome to the group . . . we are almost neighbours. Love the cat . . . I have one that looks a lot like that; his name is Mouse..
Hey!

Yeah, he's a himalyian named Magnum.. (I didnt name him! ) gets hair...EVERYWHERE We also have a Ragdoll..beautiful cat. Just like a dog in that he runs to greet you at the door, and my brother has taught to come when called and play fetch too Loves to play with my beagle too

I'm off to a good start today Dont know how it will go tonight, I have to go to good ol' Tim hortons for a coffee and resisting the sweets will be hard
Closed Thread