Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 156/156/130

Height: 5'1

Default Maybe colds aren't so bad after all!

Hello everyone! Red you're so close to the end I'm so excited for you!

Weight watchers- Day4- 2 pauses
drinking water- day 4- 2 pauses

I've had a cold and since my nose is stuffed I can't really taste anything- I must say that has taken a lot of the urges for sugar away because it's not a treat any longer since it has no taste!

FIT MOM- WELCOME! Excersicing is a very good goal! Good luck!

Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges!
futuremrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #92  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 8 & 9 - Log all calories - good - 2 pauses left
Day 1 & 2 - Intentional exercise everyday - good - level 3
Day 1 & 2 - Eat sitting down - good - level 3

Wow, that eating while sitting down is pretty hard! I have lost track of how many times I went to put something in my mouth only to realize that I had to sit in order to do it. That made me mostly change my mind about eating it and I have ended up with a lower calorie count. Not a huge amount, but enough to make me happy.

Future - Well, can't say that I'd want a cold, but yeah, it does help those food urges go away since you can't taste anything! Too bad about the crunch challenge though. Maybe next time!

Red - Yeah, I went and bought the book. I decided that it can't hurt and might help. I have not read it all, but I am reading it slowly and trying to do the exercises in it such as eating sitting down, eating slowly and writing down things that might help me during rough times. It is making my think more about what I'm doing like I did in the past when I lost all that weight. We'll see how it goes!

Hi Jolly, Apple, Fitmom, Ashley & Eesa! Hope you are doing well!

I'm off to the YMCA again. Had a spinning class this morning and now I'm going back with my son to do some strength training and probably hit a treadmill or elliptical while I'm there.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #93  

Hey everyone!
day 5 of both weight watchers and water is done and went well- 2 pauses left

I must say my fiance is my biggest fan but he also brings me the tastiest dessserts which can be so hard to resist- MEN!

djstorey- it must be really hard to sit down while eatting- I never realized home much eatting I must do while standing! Your doing a great job with all the excersicing- although I realize it's not one of your goals- But kudos to being healthy!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:57 AM   #94  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face hitch again in the challenges....

Crunches -- Day 17 completed/no pauses left
Veg juice -- Day 18 completed/1 pause left

I can't remember if I did the crunches yesterday or not, so I'll take my last pause day. It's getting harder to remember if I do them because doing them has become rather automatic! I guess that's a good sign...

future -- You're doing great on your WW plan and chugging that water too! Resist those desserts if they're not on your plan! Isn't it exasperating the way people "help out?!?!" Thanks, future, for the encouragement!

dj -- That's so funny, seeing "eat sitting down" as a challenge! But, yes, I KNOW how difficult that is. I think though, if I ate sitting down I may just stay sitting and eat even more! Good luck on your new challenges. I think I'm going to reread parts of the book today and start actually doing them. My biggest challenge is to plan meals/snacks ahead of time. I know that if I did this it would really help me lost weight, but I resist doing it something fierce! Yes, you did lose a lot of weight. I hadn't really noticed that from beneath your avatar. Wow! You should be so proud of that accomplishment! Of course, it gets harder the closer you are to goal, but you can do it. Let's work together. I really don't want to make planning a challenge for now, which just goes to show how conflicted I apparently am on wanting to lose and actually making the necessary effort...hmmm....just why is that? I don't know. Who am I kidding? With the warm weather, I hate the idea of not being able to hide my rolls of fat around my waist under lightweight shirts and it makes me self-conscious and ill at ease. Sigh. I think I'm going to have to commit to a challenge sooner or later, one that really is about losing weight.

Everyone else, how are you all doing? Best of luck. The weekend is here and that's always a tough time I think. Hang in there on your challenges. You'll be glad you did.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #95  

Day 10 - Log all calories - good - 2 pauses left
Day 3 - Intentional exercise everyday - good - level 3
Day 3 - Eat sitting down - pause - level 3

It's funny, yesterday I caught myself putting something in my mouth and thinking, "great, I blew it", but I can't even remember what it was! The good news is that I "did" catch myself even though I now have to take a pause.

Future - Yep, it's amazing just how much food can go into my mouth while I'm not sitting! A taste here, a taste there and pretty soon I've had a couple hundred unintended calories! Thanks for the compliment on the exercise. Luckily for me, I love to workout. A couple of years ago I would have never thought I would say that, but that's one change for the better! Now, if I could just get past the food issues!

Good job on your challenges, but tell that man of yours to save those tasty desserts for VERY special occasions!

Red - I admit, challenging myself to eat sitting down is kind of funny, but, it has shaved some calories off my day already so what the heck. Who knows, it might help you a little too!

I agree on the planning though. I don't plan meals well. I tend to want to eat what I'm in the mood for or what I'm in the mood to cook. What I'm doing for the planning is a little different. I'm keeping healthy and low calorie snacks on hand that are ready to eat. I'm making myself keep a bowl of salad in the fridge so it's ready to go and I'm keeping washed and ready to eat fruit too. The hardest part is taking the time to wash and cut all the fruits and vegies up ahead of time, but it really doesn't take all that long to do it and it's always there for me when I get hungry. The other thing I keep handy is some black bean dip that I make myself. It's really good, gives me some protein, and with some high fiber crackers it's a pretty filling snack.

Maybe you can find just one thing that will help with the planning part and add others as you are willing. Something has to work for us! I'm also tired of having to hide these rolls of fat under big clothes! Let's keep reading, maybe something will click for us.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 167/152/120

Height: 5"5

O0o0o This is exciting! I want to start.

My goals:

-Log All Calories daily.
-No trips to StarMart (conveniences store under my apartment building) for lollies/chocolate/ice cream.

Will start tomorrow!
SilverIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #97  
Never give up

Thumbs up two to go...

Crunches -- Day 19 completed/no pauses left
Veg juice -- Day 19 completed/no pauses left

Well, moving right along. I really had to force myself to do the challenges today, take time out from junk food eating to make the veg juice... I had just done the crunches yesterday and skipped the juice (had a bit too much of a different variety the night before...) so I have no pauses but am neck and neck again. Two more days...come on, I can do this!!! Tuesday will be hard because I have so little time in the morning and then get home too late to be making juice, but I will do it, I will!!

SilverIris -- Welcome to our thread! Glad you find things exciting! Those are two tough challenges you have. Convenience stores are my downfall too...well, one of them. Whereabouts are you, England? Just noticing the word "lollies." Well, best of luck and I hope to hear lots more from you. We have similar weight goals, though you're a good 3.5 inches taller than me! Oh, I do want to get this weight off. Oh, and I love the quote in your signature, the one about not giving up what you want most. I'm going to try to remember it. It really speaks to me!

dj -- You've got guts, taking on a challenge like "eat sitting down!" I really eat standing up, walking all the time! It's not so much snacking, it's eating while moving from place to place, from the riding club to the train, from the convenience store back to the office and into a meeting. No, it's not good. But...I'm not going to do it yet...chicken...chicken...I know, I know. But, I am determined to start planning from tomorrow and writing everything down. I'm going to stealth it for a few days and if I think I can handle it, I'll make it a challenge. Don't hold your breath, anyone.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #98  

Day 11 - Log all calories - good - 2 pauses left
Day 4 - Intentional exercise everyday - pause - 2 pauses left
Day 3 - Eat sitting down - good - level 3

Took a break on the exercise. I think I needed it. I felt really tired yesterday, which for me, can mean that I'm working out too hard and that it's time for a break.

Everything else was good. Calories were logged, but it wasn't a pretty sight to see the amount. My family ganged up on me and insisted I "order" dinner for once. I had to "guesstimate" what the calories were and I tried to be as realistic as possible. Let's just say that my total calories for dinner were more than 2x the normal!

Come on Red! 2 more to go. You CAN do it!

Silver! Glad to have you join us!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Just wanted to say that I am still around. I'm taking off for vacation today, wew hew! I blew both of my challenges. I am happy that I made it as far as I did though! I will be back in a week and ready to start new ones.

Eat only while sitting... interesting! I'm going to have to try that! I missed the talk about the book this tip comes from, but I think I get the idea. I will try it on my vacation (or at least try to notice how often I do it). This seems to go to the mindful eating practice.

Hope everyone has a great and successful week!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #100  

If I counted right I'm done with day 5 on daily salad. I've used up my 2 pauses already so I'm not sure if it's worth continuing or starting over. I think I'll keep going. It might help to eat salad at lunch, then if I forget I'll still have a second chance. We'll see. The other 2 challenges are out the window, but I'll start them up again today.
I'm gaining weight and feeling terrible about myself. Lately I've been really emotional too, but now I'm pretty sure it's PMS. Although its worse than usual. I'm feeling like I am under-acheiving in every part of my life and I feel overwhelmed about a lot of stuff too. This is going to be a really long week. Don't mean to dump on you guys, but it does help to write things down.
I'm glad to see everyone else is doing well. I'll probably drop a line later tonight....
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #101  

day 6 and 7 on weight watchers and drinking water went well- 2 pauses left--- i dont know how many of you know weight watchers but i think i used all 35 of my points on mexican yesterday- but it was worth it!

Apple Blossom- don't ever feel bad about venting here! We are here to support each other! I know its probably easier said than done, but you need to try and be positive! WEight goes up and down- but don't let it own you! Try setting small goals to work toward! And we are here for you!

red- your doing great!!! CONGRATS!!!!

To everyone else- good luck and keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #102  
Never give up

Smile one more to go!!

Crunches -- Day 20 completed/no pauses left
Veg juice -- Day 20 completed/no pauses left

I got through another day, made it to the gym this morning to boot! It was hard, I only did light weights and jogged 3 K, bit by bit and only after feeling like I was totally wimping out (which I was) if I didn't do more. Anyhow, I got through it and felt glad I did!

future -- Thanks! Just one more to go! Congrats on two more days down! Blowing all your points is still OK!

Apple -- I know how you feel! I've been in a similar boat recently too. Ap, just take the pole down a notch or two for now. You're probably doing fine, and besides, who's keeping score anyhow? You really shouldn't be if you are. Have some fun. If you feel like you're underachieving" then just laugh with it. Heck, you could just throw it all in, go sleep in the street somewhere, right? Imagine what you'd do if you were REALLY underachieving. Picture the extreme in your mind and laugh at yourself, then think about just how much better you're doing. Overwhelming is another problem. Sometimes we just have to say STOP! and let the others do it all, or at least part. In any case, you vent all you want. You don't do it that often and we all know how you feel. But, you know, I see FIVE salad days and that's not NOTHING! Give yourself some great, kiddo! And climb out that window while you're at it and haul those two challenges back!
Yo, Apple!

ees -- Good to hear from you! Ok, we'll be here for you when you fancy trying again!

dj -- Thanks! Looking good, YOU! Talk about pretty sights. My stomach is not a pretty sight. Tonight I gave my seat to a pregnant girl in the train, but I did have to look well to see if she was actually pregnant. Then I figured she was, but I had to really check, because her stomach was looking a lot like mine!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-23-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #103  

Thanks future & red, for the encouragement. I feel a little better today but thats because it's early yet and I haven't had an opportunity to screw up. TOM is probably fueling the fire, I'm so emotional it's almost silly. Oh how I wish I could let someone else do it all, but that's just not an option right now.
It will really help if I could just get something moving along the right track. I'll keep plugging away at these challenges...
Day 6 salad, day 1 no candy, restart no beer (my brother was over for dinnner last night....lousy excuse I know but....)
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #104  
Never give up

Talking Done!!

Crunches -- Day 21 completed/no pauses left
Veg juice -- Day 21 completed/no pauses left

It's just going on 6 a.m. and I am DONE with my challenges!!! Hurrah, Hurrah!!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #105  

Hello all-

day 8 on weight watchers and drinking water- good so far- 2 pauses left
Tomorrow I weigh in so I'll see how well i actually did

RED- CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you! Will you still be staying with us???

Apple- Keep up with those challenges, and I know it's very chliche but if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!