Cool

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 12 completed, no pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 8 completed, 1 pause left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 8 completed, 1 pause left

Congratulations jolly!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #197  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, I started to post yesterday, but got interrupted and never made it back! The putting the fork/spoon down between bites has not made it for a day yet. I'm doing it, just not consistantly. The good news is that I am remembering more and more so I'm not taking that challenge off.

Day 0 - Put fork/spoon down between each bite - level 3 (this one might cause a few re-starts!)
Day 1 & 2 - Half of my dinner plate is filled with vegies which I will eat first - (this is dinner only) - good - 3 pauses left
Day 1 & 2 - Exercise 30 minutes everyday - good - 3 pauses left

Jolly - Good job on the daily posting and good luck with the new challenges!

Red - You're cruising right along! Great going!

Have a great weekend all!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #198  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy sigh....

Well, I did the crunches already today, because it'll be a long day...will report in later.

I think I am resisting change, knowing what I have to do, not doing it, story of my life....what I need to do seems so huge, so overwhelming....

I am going to start a non-diet related challenge. I did this before but flubbed it, but this, I believe, is what is really holding me back when it comes to getting the body I say I want. So, here it is, my room again, my unbelievably filthy, messy room. I hereby challenge myself to do something I DON'T want to do, something I RESIST doing, or would have resisted in the past (!), write it down where I can see it (like on the fridge). It can be fairly small but it will involve 1) throwing something out OR 2) cleaning something...NOT just moving something around. I would give myself a pause, but I am under the gun, as I have to travel and someone has to come in to take care of the cats and they CAN'T right now.... Sigh.

CLEANING challenge -- 0 days completed, no pauses allowed.

dj -- Thanks for the encouragement. Your challenges sound like effective ones. . On your "putting utensil down challenge" maybe you could allow yourself the day if you did so on the majority of bites. It still would be a huge change, no?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #199  
Never give up

Unhappy hmm....

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 13 completed, no pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 9 completed, 1 pause left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 8 completed, no pauses left
CLEANING challenge -- Day 1 completed, no pauses

Old 05-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #200  

Whew - what a relief. I came on here earlier today to post, and the site was read only. So, at the last moments of the day, I get my post in.

I need a small pat on the back. My workout plan was to run today. i have a real problem with running where people might see me, unless I am part of a pack. I almost started making a bad choice, but instead went to the gym and hopped on the dreaded treadmill. I did have to walk a chunk, but still did do three miles.

Have a great one all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 AM   #201  
Never give up

Thumbs up another one down...

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 14 completed, no pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 10 completed, 1 pause left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 9 completed, no pauses left
CLEANING challenge -- Day 2 completed, no pauses

jolly -- You sound like a wolf running in the pack! Good for you for getting on that treadmill! Kudos!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #202  

Safety in numbers, Red. Safety in numbers.

I forgot to post two NSVs. The last two nights I had went out with friends. Both nights, I was able to ignore the "beer munchies" when I got home. Well, last night I tried to indulge, but I was not going to drive out of my way, and the first place didn't have what I wanted and the second was closed. But, I didn't get anything different, and I didn't have anyhting when I got home. Hurray

Have a good one all.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #203  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 1 - Put fork/spoon down between each bite 90% of the time - good - 3 pauses left
Day 3 & 4 - Half of my dinner plate is filled with vegies which I will eat first - (this is dinner only) - good - 3 pauses left
Day 3 - Exercise 30 minutes everyday - good - 3 pauses left
Day 4 - Exercise 30 minutes everyday - pause - 2 pauses left

Ok, I'm taking the idea from Red, I will count the day as good for putting my utensil down 90% of the time. It is actually starting to work. I am putting the darn thing down for the most part. I just get distracted sometimes and forget.

Had to take a pause on the exercise yesterday. We took off for the day and went fishing. Did do a little walking, but it was sporadic and I'm not going to count it.

Jolly - Congrats on those NSV's and on getting to the gym! Great job!

Red - Wow, you're really rolling right along with those challenges! Good luck with your new challenge too! Sounds like a good non-food related challenge!

Have a great day!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #204  

Way to go on your challenges, DJ. You can do it.

Day 3 - daily posting and following workout plan, both challenges met. Woo hoo.

Take care everyone
Old 05-29-2007, 02:47 AM   #205  

Hello! First things first!Congratulations Jolly!!!!!Congratulations DJ!!!
You guys both finished challenges!!!
I'm proud of you guys.
Well, I was busy the past few days, as well as in competition with
DH and #1 son for computer time. I messed up the no beer challenge and used up 2 pauses on the walking challenge and that leaves me on day 6 for walking and start over for no beer. I don't expect any activities from here on in to get in the way of walking, as long as I don't forget. I dunno about the beer, but we'll keep trying.
I never got to the doctor last week because my ob-gyn is in a different health network than my general practitioner and I couldn't get them to release the lab results. I have to work on that tomorrow for my rescheduled appt on Wednesday. What a pain.
Jolly and Red, I can combine your issues together to create my own. I have lots of dreams that I don't act on, and the main reason is my huge mess,especially in my room (where I throw all the other messes when people come over) I feel like I can't start any new projects until I get the upper hand on the mess. And I've been saying that for years. Maybe I'll add a mess challenge and an act on my dreams challenge. I'll sleep on it. See you tomorrow!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #206  
Never give up

Wink move it along...move it along...

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 15 completed, no pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 11 completed, 1 pause left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 10 completed, no pauses left
CLEANING challenge -- Day 3 completed, no pauses

No time to write. Catch you all later!!

Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #207  

Hello all. Day 4 - daily posting and follow the workout schedule, complete. I had to talk myself into the workout, but I just got it done.

Back to work tomorrow. I already need aspirin, antacids, and Yikes. Got to get over that

Have a good one all.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #208  

Good morning all. They really need a smiley that pants and sweats. I could use that this morning. I just did my 3 miles for the day. I walked one block at mile 2, then walked the last 3 blocks . I was only going to walk one block before the last hill, but my hip locked up when I walked. Which means I need to go get new shoes!

Anyway, off to work. Here's to a GREAT day. Talk to you all later
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #209  

People people people. Where is everybody I hope this means everyone is out enjoying life, making the most of each day, making good choices for themselves, and working out. Yes??

Nothing else much to report. Met both challenges for the day. Sweated off a few extra pounds working on my dresser. Made it back to work for the first day without killing anyone. I don't think. There is an hour or so in there I can't remember . . .

Just kidding. Have a great evening everyone Hope to hear more from everyone later.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #210  
Never give up

Exclamation Do NOT post here! New thread is up!!

The new thread is UP! Please hit the link below and join us! See you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113935

Last edited by redballoon; 05-30-2007 at 09:44 PM.