Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #166  

Hello all. Met my challenges yesterday, paused on the menu and workouts today.

Hosting dog club meeting. Gotta run. Take care all. Will write more tomorrow.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #167  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up another one bites the dust!

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 6 completed, 2 pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left

Got to the gym too!

jolly -- Congrats on yesterday's success! Refresh and move on! You can do it!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #168  

Hey all. Met my challenges for the day - barely. I really seem to be struggling to find motivation to do the right thing. I really need to figure out why.

Thanks Red, and to you too!

Everyone else - wish you were here
Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #169  
Never give up

Thumbs up moving right along....

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 7 completed, 2 pauses left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left

jolly -- Thanks! and a big hand for you! "Barely" is good ENOUGH!!! As for motivation, forget it, do it DESPITE! You CAN!!

Let me tell you the secret
that has led me to my goal:
my strength
lies solely in my tenacity.

(Louis Pasteur)

Old 05-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #170  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 17 & 18 - Exercise, 30 minutes per day - good - 1 pause left

Sorry I have not been posting as often as normal. Things have just been crazy around here and my stress level is very high. Things had gotten put on a temporary hold for starting that business I had talked about before, and now things are suddenly taking off. I've never been a gambler and hate to even spend a nickel on a slot machine, so spending these massive amounts of money to get this business going, but not seeing any money coming back in yet, is making me crazy! There are also so many rules and regulations that I'm trying to learn, it's enough to make your head spin! Hopefully soon, things will get a little easier, but for the next couple of weeks I will just keep taking deep breaths and try to get on here when I can.

Hi Red and Jolly!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Default Here I GO AGAIN!

I am going to start this tomorrow, I already messed up today by eating cookies!!!

Crunches (100 day) 3 pauses
Exercise (at least 30 minutes a day) 3 pauses
No sweets (cake, candy, cookies) 2 pauses
Salad (1/day) 2 pauses

I can do this!!

GLTA!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #172  

Hi all. Made the challenges for the day. REd, THANK YOU. I actually cried a bit when I read what you wrote. I guess it just struck a cord with me. DJ, I hope the stress levels out soon. Just think what a wonderful thing you are accomplishing though - you're own business! That is amazing. How brave you have to be to make that leap. You go girl.

Everyone else, hope life is treating you good. Take care.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #173  

Well, I had some blood work done last week and it turns out that I have a hypo thyroid. So all this stuff thats been going on with me, that I blame on stress, actually has roots in a biological disfunction. Wow. I still think stress has a lot to do with it, but it's compounded by the thyroid. I have another Dr.s appt next week and we'll see if I'll be getting some meds that might give my metabolism a little boot. My cholesterol is a little high too, as well as my fasting blood sugar. I'm genetically predisposed for those, so it's time to really take better care and get rid of this weight.
I don't even know where I'm at with my exercise challenge, I think I'll just re-start. I sort of walked today, but it was pretty weak to fit it into the challenge. I could waffle, but I won't. I'm going to try to figure out an exercise schudule that includes running and the gym, but I'll still be walking everyday at the very least. And I'm off beer. No really, I'm gonna do it this time.
Hope all is well with everyone else, I'll be back tomorrow to see how everyone is doing!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

Okay guys sorry I havent been on here in a while. I've pretty much slacked off since the new year started and only lost 10lbs.. I've been yoyo between 165-172. I'm redoing my workouts and everything. So I'm gonna need help again.

Started Today- Crunches 100-200 a day.(100 morning, 100 night)

I think I'm gonna start off small
Leygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #175  

Day 19 - Exercise, 30 minutes per day - good - 1 pause left

Not sure if I'll get in any exercise today. I've been busy with gardening and transplanting all my houseplants. Yeah, gardening is like exercise, but it's not something I'm counting. Maybe later I'll get in a short walk if the weather holds. I still have 1 last pause left so I'll be ok!

Hi Leygh! or should I say welcome back. Glad to have you with us!

Apple - Sorry to hear about that blood work, but be glad you'll be getting things under control now. Trust me, you'll feel so much better when your thyroid levels are good! I'm hypo too and have been at both ends of the extreme (hyper and hypo) and it's amazing how much better you feel when they get your meds at the right level.

Jolly - Thanks for the pep talk. I need it! As cool as it is to start a business, it is also scary. I'm just one of those people who doesn't like to gamble and this is a big one to me. I am hopeful though that it will work out. We just need to get things going! We've been in a holding pattern now for almost 2 months so money has been moving out, but not in. Good job on making those challenges!

Helpmelose - Good luck with your challenges! Glad to have you back!

Red - Hope all is well!

Old 05-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #176  
Never give up

Talking yes!

CRUNCH challenge -- Day 7 completed, 1 pause left
NO SUGAR challenge -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
NO ALCOHOL challenge -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left

Results for Sunday....Major victory on the alcohol!! Forgot the crunches...

Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 AM   #177  

Day 1 down for daily walk and no beer. I'm out of the starting gate!
DJ- I think when "experts" say gardening is exercise they must have acres of land they hand rake on a daily basis. I never count gardening as exercise either. You don't exactly get the heart rate going. Housework is a better work out ! But at least we're off the couch!
You're almost there on your challenge!!! Thats great!
Red- Good save on the alcohol!
See you tomorrow!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #178  

Hey all. I just had to come on here quick for some posting. I have got a lot going on in my head right now. I will continue with a menu and a workout plan, but I am taking it off as a "challenge," and just continuing with my posting challenge. I need to keep coming here while I get my thoughts in order.

Part of it is wondering what I want to do when I grow up, and figuring out if what I am thinking of is a realistic goal, or is in fact another BIG DREAM that I won't finish. Sigh.

Take care all! More later.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #179  

Day 19 - Exercise, 30 minutes per day - pause - 0 pauses left

Yep, took my last pause. I had thought about going for a walk, but the weather was kind of nasty. That's ok, I should be able to finish, no problem at all!

Jolly - Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that doesn't know what I want to be when I grow up (and I'm 41 years old!). Whatever it is that you're thinking about doing, I wish you luck. I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, you can make things happen!

Apple - Yep, you have the same take on gardening that I do. Unless I'm out there digging holes or hauling dirt and rocks, I just don't think of it as aerobic.

Hi Red - Good job with the alcohol! The way I'm going lately, I might have to do that challenge myself! My 2 or 3 glasses of wine per week has turned into 1 a day! I know that's not terrible, but I have a hard enough time with those darn calories!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Apple Blossom, high cholesterol is elevated with hypothyroidism. If the thyroid is treated, the cholesterol should come down. Given you also have high blood sugar, sounds like "metabolic syndrome" all together. Make sure your doc is treating you for these in combination.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote