Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #61  

to Virgo and Butterfly.
I think you'll find the ladies on this site motivating and just plain awesome. We're like a family here, and we support each other through not only gains and losses, but also life.

I live in Arizona, just outside of Phoenix. I'm married for 10 1/2 years and have a 9 y.o. daughter, Ashley. I teach 7th grade Language Arts (Reading and Writing). I travel a lot (spent 5 weeks in Europe last summer; looking forward to our Alaska cruise in June). My hubby is from Italy, so we travel there quite often. I've met two of the ladies from this site: Angie in Maine and Noelle in Hawaii (actually I met Noelle at Disneyland).

This is my last day on Spring break. It's back to the grind on Monday. I hope the next 10 weeks don't go as slow as the last 2. Ashley already wants me to put up a calendar to count down to vacation. I told her we'd do that after the first of April.

We got quite a thunderstorm yesterday; even slowed things down at the airport. I'm so glad I was home to enjoy it...what a mess at school when I went to pick up Ashley.

Karen and Noelle: Hope to see you post today. I figure Karen is enjoying the warm weather.

Kempy: Hope things are going well in LA.

Dips: How is school going? Are you on Spring break yet?

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Default Hello!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Virgo and Butterfly!! So glad to see that you have decided to join us. I really look forward to getting to know you.

Well, this morning was weigh in day for me----I just lost 1 pound this week but I'll take it. I have found it so hard to get back on track with my walking and the ab lounge since I was sick and didn't walk for 10 days!! But I've been trying to give myself the "pep talk" and by Monday I plan on being back at it everyday. And you can imagine since I was having a hard time trying to adjust to the mini trampoline after I got it -- that since I was sick I just haven't even "looked" at it yet!

Hi Cal, It has been very nice here for the last week or so. BUT tonight they are talking a mix of heavy rain and snow!! Maybe even 2 or more inches over the weekend!! I guess that is Colorado for you.. But at least it won't stay long this time of year! We only have one small pile of snow left in the yard now so I guess it is time to add a little to it!! Didn't you say you had relatives in Pueblo? That is just about an hour from here. If you want to see pictures of "real time" weather here and in Pueblo you can go to www.krdotv.com and they have neighborhood webcams set up! The one in Pueblo is at the Park View Medical Center and the closest one to us is the one in Woodland Park at the Dinasaur Museum!! Hey! If you go there--- the Palm trees in Woodland Park are "FAKE"!! But everyone gets a pretty good laugh out of it! Especially this past Winter when we were having 12 inches of snow at a time and the pictures came through with the Palm Trees Standing pround!!!

Noelle, Hey back at ya!! That's Nashville for you!!! Ok it's also Missouri too!! That is where I'm from originally and all my family is still back there. They used to live out here too but all moved back there. I am the last hold out --- I just like Colorado Summers so much better than the hot humid Summers in MO. I've heard that "Shooter" is supposed to be a good movie but haven't seen it yet. Let me know what you think of it. HEY!! Are you voting to keep that Sanjaya in!!!! Isn't that terrible!! I've heard that they have all kinds of websites set up to vote to keep him in jsut because he is so BAD!! Thanks Howard Stern!!! I keep hoping every week that he gets booted.. I can't believe they kept him and got rid of Stephanie! Pretty Sad.

Well, I'm going to go and see if I can't get my 6 miles walking in this morning. It seems like I just may need a real to get this totally back on track!!

Take care everybody and I'll check back later to chat. KEEP SMILING !!
Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #63  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and welcome ladies . I was pouting yesterday and didn't get online because Rick (my husband) decided to hop on a plane to Vegas yesterday. His sister and her family went up earlier and they are meeting a long-lost cousin they didn't know they had. The trip was last minute and wouldn't you know, that jerk didn't even think to ask if me and Michael wanted to go. Michael is still on spring break until Tuesday and we could've easily all gone if he had called around. The travel agency we use that does charters only had one seat available for yesterday's flight so he took it. I was so mad because I love Vegas. Oh well, he will owe me big time...I think I'm going to ask for a trip to Bangkok this year w/spending money--so it is well worth my misery now. BTW, I'm 35 years old but act like I'm a spoiled teenager.

Karen, congrats on the pound lost No way am I voting for Sanjaya! In fact, I'm getting quite disillusioned by the show . Oh well, at least we know those that can actually sing can be picked up by record labels even if they don't win the contest.

Cal, enjoy your last vacation day. We cheat a little here in HI because we have a state holiday on Monday so no school til Tuesday. I hope your thunderstorm rolls on over to Las Vegas

Hello Virgo I have visited Chicago once and loved it! It was in the heat of summer and i was a few months pregnant and miserable, but the city was GREAT. So much to see and do. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Butterfly, congrats on your 1 lb loss! I like your signature line too. Hope you can stick around and chat.

Kempy, are you back in TX? How'd the surgery go? Hope all is well.

I've got to get ready for my day. 2 more weeks of P/T Chat later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #64  

Hi Noelle, Sorry that your hubby didn't "think" to invite you and son to go to Vegas!! Sometimes I don't think hubby think much at all!! But I'm sure that you will find a way that he can make it up to you!! Anyway, keep smiling!

Cal, I am including a picture I took just about 5 minute ago of our "WARM" weather! At least this time of the year it won't last very long!! You may need to click on the picture to make it bigger to see.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday and I'll check back later to chat. Take care everyone. Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #65  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies. I am enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon. I took my son to the newest TMNT (Ninja turtles) movie. It was OK for me and he enjoyed it so that's great. I am going out w/my girlfriends tonight to celebrate a birthday. Dinner (Italian) and another movie. Probably Zodiac... we found a theater that it is still playing in. My sister will watch Michael so I don't have to worry. So, nothing much else going on here, except for me giving Rick a hard time every time he calls, poor guy . I think I'll take a quick nap...I can't stay out so late without one

Karen, that snow is beautiful when it's falling. I'm sure you don't think so when it's coming down relentlessly though I'm glad it's warming up for you guys there.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hello, Karen31, calnative, melekalikimaka and butterfly! Thank you so much for your warm welcome--I really needed it. I must tell you, this is SUCH a FRUSTRATING site!!! I wish there were some kind of place where one could go, like a site map, to EXPLAIN (in clear language) how to 1)find threads; 2) LEARN HOW TO GET BETWEEN THEM EASILY!!
I feel like I'm lost in a hall of mirrors! I go to "Search". I'm supposed to enter something so I have a place to be looked up. But if I don't know what there is, how do I know what to enter, to go to it?!! Earlier today, I tried to find "Let's get back to sexy" on a search. It kicked it back, saying "too many words"--well what do I do then? I wrote an entry, clicked post, thought I was finished with it, went to the next page, came back--only to find my entry gone! This is the second time I'm writing this one! Honestly, if you all hadn't given me such a warm welcome right now, I have to tell you I was almost ready to say #@&% IT!--I DON"T NEED THIS SITE! But the truth is, I need a place to be accountable to, weight-wise, so I don't keep irresponsibly eating and not exercising. I do want to lost weight, primarily to stay healthy as I'm getting older--but being slimmer for my HS reunion in 3 months doesn't hurt, either! I'm hoping to get down to 187 for the 6-23-07 reunion. By the way, I DID exercise: I walked about a mile, getting chores done yesterday. As soon as I'm done w/this entry, I'm going to get on my stationary bike. Thanks to Karen31 I enlisted on FitDay, too, to get an honest understanding of how much & of what I'm really eating.

Okay, ladies--thank you again, and WELCOME, too, to all my fellow newbies here. Thanks for all your help.
--Virgo
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #67  

Hi Virgo, At the top of the page it will say "Thread Tools" Click on that and then you can subscribe to this tread (or any other that you are on) and then when you go to the User CP it will show when there is a new message or you can elect to receive and email alert when there is a new message. Sorry that it is confusing but it will get a lot easier. I know you will be happy that you have decided to stick it out. I can't think of a better place that you can get all the support and encouragement that you can get here. And after you have been here for a little bit you will find that it is very addicting!! But in a good way and "NO CALORIES"!!

Noelle, How was your evening out with the girls? I haven't done that in ages. Although I do meet a friend of mine for lunch once in awhile. She also has to poms.. One is red and the other is pure white! When we get all 4 of them together it sounds like we have a herd of pomeranians!!!

Our snow has stopped for now and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's again. I imagine we will have several more of these snows before Spring time really is here!! But it is pretty when it comes down in those huge white flakes.

Well, I think that I will call it a night. Hope you all had a good Saturday and I'll catch you all tomorrow. Karen
Old 03-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #68  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Sunday ladies...i'm just back from my night out with the girls. It was so much fun. I so needed that. Zodiac was an interesting movie and Jake Gyllenhaal is such a good looking guy

Anyway, turning in and saying good night or good morning. Chat more tomorrow if my funky computer permits.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #69  

Hey guys! We are back. Well, they pushed the surgery back to April 4th. So, we ended up just staying the rest of the weekend to visit with everyone. So, that means that he isn't REALLY bad like we though. He is very opitmistic about everything and is just ready to move on with his life and start to heal. That is always a good sign. While we were there Joe helped our friends start their fence and I just hung with my girl firend. We ended up having a crawfish boil and man where they good. Noelle and Cal you remember when we used to have those all of the time when we lived in Ponchy?

I see we have some new ladies here!!! That is so great. Don't worry Virgo you will get the hang of it. I have been here for a few years now, oh my gosh, I think it is about 5 years now! I just moved to Texas from Louisiana b/c my hubby got a promotion and I love it here. I never thought I would sicne I grew up in LA but you couldn't tear me away now. I am not working right now and boy am I loving it. We are having a pool dug in a week and I think I might look for a part time job once that is in. Of course, I will probably change my mind once it is in since I will be wanting to swim all of the time. I am 32 with no kids but 2 labs and 1 cat. I look forward to chatting with you more.

I am posting a pic of the girls from last night. They were so tired form the trip they passed right out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0181.JPG (44.3 KB, 11 views)
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #70  

Hi Kempyd, Welcome Home!!! Isn't it always good to get back home? I love going on vacation but after awhile I look forward to getting back home again. I'll bet you are anxious to get that pool in!! I know I would be. Of course we had snow here on Saturday but in the 60's on Sunday!! Today is really nice and it must be Spring because the "pesky" praire dogs are back out again!! Ginger and Sissy can't stand them!

I did get my 6 miles in this morning with the WATP's but I'm not going to make my goal for March... Being sick for 2 weeks just really messed that up But April is a whole new month!!

Noelle, it sounds like you had a good girls night out.. sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a Wonderful Monday. Guess I better "Step away from the computer" and get some work done!! I'll be back later to see how everyone is doing.
Karen
Old 03-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Good morning, ladies! I am very happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 208 ! When I started here I was 211, so already I am seeing results! I spent two hours gardening yesterday. It was in the 70's which can be unseasonably warm for March here in Chicago. Well, no--it is late March, after all, so the month is "going out like a lamb". Removed a bunch of dead vines, foliage, and out front by the sidewalk, litter from the wind/litterbugs. For those of you living in warmer climes, March in the Midwest can be pretty grim by comparison to what you've got. And yet, when the trees start to bud, and the tips of the tulips & daffodils are coming up, and the crocuses are out, one feels a real lift to the spirit, seeing all the signs of renewal!

It's going to be up in the 70's today, too! So I'll be out doing more yardwork again. I make sure I have my water. And whenever I get tired, I remind myself one reason I'm doing it (besides it needs to be done!) is so I'm more active. That helps keep me motivated. As does remembering my HS reunion is now less than 3 months away! Reporting back here to compare notes is a new motivator--and a successful one! Thank you, ladies!

By the way, thanks to Karen31 for helping me get around a little more easily. Nothing like being able to use the site for actually using it! I really appreciated the warm welcome you all gave me. A BIG CHEER!!! TO ALL OF YOU, RIGHT BACK!!!

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 03-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #72  

Virgo I am a fellow gardener too. Usually this time of year I am no where to be found on the site. Since we moved though I really don't have as much to do. They pretty much did the yard for us so now I can chat more. I love yard work b/c I know I am getting exercise but it doesn't feel like it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #73  

Hi everyone,

I can't believe I haven't posted all month, and the month is almost over. It's seems like the days are flying by. I've been busy with my mom's family and the estate of my aunt, cleaning out the rest of the house, and phone calls. We went to Disneyland last week for four days. My daughter had a cheer comp there, and you can't go to the Anaheim Convention Center with Disneyland right across the street and not go. Anyway, we ended up getting my daughter an annual pass, because a friend of hers goes all the time, and she's always asking her to go. As for the weight loss, it's on a stand still again.

Kemp, I love the pics of your house. (It took a while to catch up on everyone.) I've always been a white wall person, but lately I've been liking a little color myself. I also loved the pic of your girls. My baby does that all day long.

Noelle, hope your PT is over soon. Your my hero still losing wt while being injured. I know what I need to do, but I'm having the hardest time following thru. I've skipped the last two meeting, and it's showing. I should have owned up and went last week just to get the meeting in. I'm looking forward to seeing Wild Hogs, but I don't do scary movies. I remember when I was a kid (most of you probably don't remember it because your all so young) but there was a killer and they called him "the zodiac killer." Was this movie about him? I loved the old 1st Ninja turles movies from years ago, so I wondered how this new one was going to be. Is your hubby back from Vegas yet? I'd be upset too if David took off without me like that. David's going to Reno at the end of April for a conference, and I'm going with him. I've only been there once, so I'm hoping it will be fun.

Cal, you always go to the coolest places. I know several people who went on that cruise, and absolutely loved it. I'd love to be your kid and get go on vaca with you.

Karen, I love seeing pics of your babies. They are so cute. You are the exercise queen. I would be doing so much better with losing weight if I would stick to a workout schedule.

Hello to all the new ladies. These are the greatest ladies.

Well, I hope to stay connected a little better in the next month.

cw
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #74  
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies, it's a Hawaiian holiday here (Kuhio day, for Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole...say that 3x fast ) My sister and I took Michael and my other niece who's 9 to the zoo. I called my oldest sis at the last minute and she brought the baby. It was a crazy zoo day, lots of schools and spring break groups were there, but it was a beautiful day out and we let the kids play around after lunch. On our way home we stopped at the Humane Society so we could see all the dogs and cats. It makes me sad but I love to visit and give all those cute animals some love. Surprisingly there weren't that many cats in the cat house, and a lot that were were already adopted. There were these hairless rats up for adoption too--creepy!

Hi cw! Nice to see you around again. I would have loved to visit Disneyland... I am still giving Rick a hard time about being in Vegas, because I'm immature like that He gets home tomorrow so I can bug him in person. How did your DD do in the cheer competition? The Zodiac movie was about the zodiac killer. It had it's gory moments, but it wasn't really grossly gory like for shock factor. It was probably pretty factual and an interesting story to watch. I was disappointed to find out that after all those years of "unsolved" murders, that when they finally did catch him, he died of a heart attack before being sent to jail. That guy was just evil. You know, don't feel bad about the weight loss being at a stand still--it's better than gaining. You'll get that grove back and get back to losing. I have a confession to make, I skipped my Fri. meeting because I knew the scale was up. I know, stupid... but this week I am trying my hardest to stay OP so I can show some difference on my next WI. It's actually those times when you know the scale will be up that we need those meetings the most. How come it's so easy to give advice than to follow it?

Hey Virgo, glad you're getting used to the site. I put a link to this thread on the other thread you posted on, but you probably couldn't find that thread either Glad you're here again.

Kempy, glad Joe's grandpa could have the surgery postponed if it wasn't really that urgent. You guys sound like you had a great weekend w/your crawfish boil and all. So did Joe go and teach those guys in TX how to make a real boil? Hey, how's this? My 18 y.o. niece who's in the army got herself a marine boyfriend who's from New Orleans . She got transferred to Alaska and he's getting shipped to Iraq so they won't be seeing each other soon.

Karen, good for you getting those miles in. You are awesome. I can't believe it's almost the end of the month. Where did the time go???

Well, it's starting to rain here and I need to go check if the windows are closed. Chat more later. Have a good evening.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #75  

Good Morning! I don't ahve much going on today. I need to make a serious trip to the store though. We really haven't been home since the begining of the month so there is nada to eat. I guess that could be a good thing. Joe just found out that his cholesterol is high so I am trying to figure meals that are good for him to help get that down. It is genetic but I think some of what we do is to blame too. I am reading a book about it and it looks like we are doing the right things for the most part. But, he still eats lunch at the office and he usually goes for the red meat. That is going to have to stop.

CW good to see you back. You should post more often. I know you are probably busy though so I am just glad to see you when you do pop on. I am in the process of trying to pick a color for the main part of my house. I have to make it a good one b/c I am going to hire someone to do it and I am not going to change it after that. I am playing around with a shade of blue but I still don't know yet. We have too much neutral in here as it is so I need to put a real color on the wall. Nothing scary bright though.

Noelle our friend flwe to LV for a convention yesterday and called Joe when he got there. He said he culdn't imagine what it was going to be like that night b/c it was only 3 and the place was jumpin'. His wife is kind of freaked about him being there unsupervised. He likes to play blackjack and he can get out of hand sometimes.

Did any of you see Dancing with the Stars last night? I thought Clide did so much better this week and so did Billy Ray (boy that felt funny to type out). I love that show. Joe usually gets to watch me try to dance around the room when it is over. I have my weird moments.

Ok, to the grocery list. I'll check back later to see who has posted.