Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #31  

School's out for 2 weeks. I still can't believe that this school year is almost over; only 1 more quarter (about 10 weeks left). I'm not doing much for these 2 weeks; bum mostly.

This weekend we're cleaning out Ashley's room to get it ready for her new furniture which will be delivered on Tuesday.
Monday I have to take some papers down to the Dept of Ed, and on Wed my brother is going to check out our A/C unit to make sure everything is working well.

It's already starting to warm up a bit. It's supposed to be in the 90's this weekend and all next week. It is nice in the mornings and even now I have the windows open throughout the house.

Noelle: I hear you about the PT. I'm glad I'm through with it. This week I was even able to wear regular shoes without the brace. It feels nice to be back to normal. I even went out and bought a new pair of sandals. By the way, thanks.

Ann: Welcome. We hope to get to know you more. All the ladies here are so terrific.

Karen: My great-aunt in Pueblo said that it's supposed to be in the upper 50's there this weekend. Do you still have much snow? I told her that I wasn't going to visit during this 2 weeks because I figured there would still be snow on the ground. I don't deal well with that stuff. In fact, when I lived in Utah for school a few years back, as soon as I saw a snowflake I covered my car and walked or took the bus everywhere I needed to go. In fact, the grocery store had home delivery and I definitely took advantage of that.
I liked the pictures of you. I've been to Nashville a couple of times, but never been to the Grand Ole Opry or the Hall of Fame. Been to Memphis a few times as well and never to Graceland; I don't really care for Elvis.

Kempy: The pictures of your house are beautiful. When do you leave for Tennessee? You're going to have a great time.

Have a great one everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #32  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, don't know if any more of you will pop in this weekend but I'm just peeking in. I went grocery shopping today at the Army commissary w/my dad and it's been awhile since I've been in there. I couldn't believe the price difference in some of the stuff i usually buy at the regular grocery store. Get this, I buy soy milk from the store for around $4. The commissary has the same exact thing for $1.86! I bought well over a weeks worth of stuff for me and it came out to $86. $86 would get me maybe 2 bags of groceries in the regular store. It's just unreal and I maybe I gotta coax Rick to go back in to the Guard.... nah, on second thought....

My niece on the other hand, who just got back from basic training a few months ago has decided that she is going active--not full time reserve, but regular Army active. She is nuts I think. They are sending her to her first duty station in Alaska. I was kidding around and told her she needed to bring her Polar bear repellant--silly kid thought I was serious. She has a lot to learn that girl.

Cal, 90 degrees already? But it's a dry heat right? We have been getting lots of rain recently and it's a little humid but the temps aren't so high so it's bearable. There is a carnival I wanted to take Michael to but I don't know with this rain. Ashley's a lucky girl to be getting new furniture. I am thinking about getting a new platform bed, the one we have now is a bit high and with this thick mattress we have, I actually need a little stool to climb on my bed. Isn't that weird? Relaxing for 2 weeks sounds great to me.

Anyway, just coming out here to post to keep me in the swing of healthy eating... I don't want this weekend to go haywire and I have to re-lose the same 2 lbs over and over again. Have a good one.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:15 AM   #33  
so close, yet so far...

Hey, we just got back from seeing the movie Wild Hogs....it was FUNNY! If you need a laugh, go see this. John Travolta is still a hottie.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All, Well, I thought I should check in since it has been a few days. I've been going to bed around 7:00 or 8:00 just trying to get rid of this bug! And today I think I may be getting the upper hand on it!!! I felt like doing a few things today and hopefully I can get back to my walking. It has been 6 days since I walked and I sure hope I don't have to start back at the beginning again

Noelle, I really want to go and see "Wild Hogs" too. It just looks so great and I saw the 4 of them on I can't remember which talk show but they were so funny!

Cal, we still have a little bit of snow on the ground but none on the roads. Although it snowed last night!!! But today was back up to almost 60 degrees! We're supposed to be in the 60's and 70's through Wednesday and then they are talking about maybe some more snow. But then back up in the 60's again. But that is the way it will be now probably through April. I remember one year we got 16 inches of snow on May 16. And one year we were shooting fireworks on the 4th of July in the middle of snow!! I know it is crazy.

Well, I hope everyone is doing good and staying away from this bug! I still don't have much of a voice only about every other word comes out!! Tim thinks it is real funny!! You all take care and I'll check back tomorrow. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #35  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but we are on holidays and I am having trouble posting for some reason. My computer keeps freezing up. I am not sure if it is the remote internet or what.
I am from Ontario, Cananda.
I hope you are all doing well and I will read all the previous posts. Hope the weather is nice for everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #36  
so close, yet so far...

Hi Ann, hope you're enjoying your vacation in warmer temps. Glad you could pop in if only briefly.

Well I am just back from PT and it was pretty darn great today. Didn't hurt too much and well, I'm walking much better. The flu bug I had only lasted two days tops so I am feeling pretty much 100%. It is rainy and humid here which is miserable but I am indoors and enjoying my A/C. More rain expected tomorrow. The kids are out on break and destroying the house so I left them w/grandma and grandpa in charge.

Karen, 60 degrees huh? That's practically tropical for you I hope you're feeling better and can get back to your walking. It's hard to get back into the groove sometimes after a break. Hope your voice returns too. Maybe some hot tea and lemon would help.

Kempy must be off to TN?

I am at work so I guess I better get started. I so wish I was at home napping Have a good one.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #37  

So far, I've been enjoying my time off from school. I've been somewhat busy with housecleaning, but it's nice to not have to be anywhere and to not have to write lesson plans.
We bought a new computer yesterday. I've decided to pay the extra to have their guys set everything up. They will be coming over on Monday. It's going to be interesting because it's a desk top, but has wireless capability. I thought that was very interesting.
Ashley wants me to countdown for our cruise, but I told her it was too long and we'll wait at least until April 1. She's getting quite excited.
I've realized that this last quarter is going to go by quickly. I was looking at some of the things we'll be doing at school, and it is going to be through fast.
I'm thinking about going to a different district. I really like where I am, but if I can go to this other district, I'll only be a little over a mile from home. I would love to be able to leave later and get home earlier. Plus, the pay at the new district is about $4000-$6000 more per year. The only drawback is that I really like where I am now. I'm looking into the options and, luckily, I don't have to make any kind of decision until May.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Cal
Old 03-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #38  

Hello Everyone, Today I have felt so much better!! I really am hoping that I have the energy to start in on my walking again tomorrow. I still feel a little drained but I know that it is getting better.

Noelle, what did you think of American Idol last night!! It was pretty sad! I thought that Lakisha and Melinda were really good and Haley even showed some improvement but the guys----- I don't know when they are going to come to life!!! I hope that this is the last week we have to see Sanjayia!! He just doesn't have it. At least that is what I think anyway. I told Tim it was easy for us to sit on the couch him all stuffy and me with no voice and critique them!!!

Sure hope everyone is doing good and I'll check back later. I hope I can change my exercise ticker tomorrow!!

Take care, Karen
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #39  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, I am a little swamped with work today but just wanted to pop in and say hi. PT went great today, not too much pain. I thought it was great on Monday too, but yesterday I was aching all over...must be because I was working muscles I didn't even know I had

Karen, American Idol stank bad last night didn't it? I loved Melinda and Lakisha as usual, but overall it reminded me of the other season where they had to sing Elton John songs and butchered most of them... I agree about Sanjaya though, he should've been sent home last week!

Cal, how does Ashley like her new bedroom set? Moving to another school is a big decision, but I know you will do the right thing for you. More money doesn't hurt. I was reading an old magazine the other day, about that guy who was a pedophile and tried to enroll himself in Jr. High? I didn't realize he was in AZ. Scary!

Well, I have to get more work done. Chat later. Have a good one.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 AM   #40  

Noelle: That guy was enrolled at a charter school about 3 miles from my house. In fact, my therapist, while I was doing PT, said his daughter went to the same school. We talked about it quite a bit. One of the problems with not identifying him earlier is that it can sometimes take months to get records from previous schools. Even if he never attended another school, he could put down one and have several weeks before being caught. You're right; it's really scary.

Karen: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Take care.

Cal
Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #41  

Good Morning, This morning I was determined to do some walking so I put in the 3 mile WATP and I finished it!! I was pooped at 1 1/2 miles but just had to push myself to keep going. It is only half of what I was doing before I got sick but at least I didn't go back to the 1 mile. I just really wanted to get back into it. So now I will try to at least do the 3 miles tomorrow and if I can, get back to my 6 miles! It has been 8 days since I did any of the walking so I guess 3 miles was pretty good.

We had a pretty sunny day here today but it is only going to get up to about 45 degrees. But then tomorrow and through the weekend it is supposed to be in the upper 60's! I'll take that!

I can't believe they kept Sanjaya again!!! Are people watching with the volume turned down!!

Well, better get busy while I still have some energy left and get some laundry done. Have a good day. Karen
Old 03-16-2007, 02:10 AM   #42  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Karen, I was knee-deep in laundry all day today, didn't even make it into my office until now (it's past 8 pm!). Anyway, I'm glad I got it all done and put away. I'm supposed to WI tomorrow at WW and I haven't been really that great about staying OP so I'm not expecting much results from the scale. It seems the more I do in PT the more I want to eat. I guess exercise will do that to ya, especially if you do weights. I have to get a grip and start journaling again if I ever want to get back to onederland.

Cal, how was your day? Hope you're just lounging around and enjoying your downtime.

Anywho, gotta get these paychecks cut so I can go back home and get into bed. Chat more tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #43  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, HAPPY FRIDAY

Well, I braved my WI today thinking I would have a maintain or a gain.... but I showed a .2 loss. point-two. I should celebrate because it's not a gain right? Geez, slow and steady wins the race but I didn't know it would be this slow . At PT today they had me on the weight machines to build up more strength in my quads. I know I will feel it tomorrow.

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I plan to try and walk around the block, and maybe take Michael to a carnival. Oh, and stay OP and not eat junk so I can have a better loss next WI. Hope some of you can pop in and say hi, I don't like being schizophrenic and just talk to myself. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #44  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone.
I hope all is well with you.
Hi Noelle.
That is awesome you lost weight. Take everything you can get because it does add up. I am .10 away from 50 pounds, I should have stripped down at the meeting. Didn't want to scare the people though.
I hope it is warm there. Here we are getting a big snowstorm, lucky us.
I thought it was spring. I guess we have to wait a little while for it to be nice here.
Good luck to everyone having a successful weekend.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #45  

Hello everybody! I did my weigh in here this morning and I lost 4 pounds this week! That makes me feel a whole lot better!! I didn't do my walking today though-- decided it was time to jump on this house and get it back in decent shape. My gosh I have been sick for about 2 weeks now I am getting some energy back but still have a really lousy voice!! It comes and goes but mostly is still gone!

Noelle, congratulations on the loss.. that really is good since you haven't really been able to do much in the way of exercise for awhile. You should be proud of that. See you must have done something right!!

We don't have any big plans for our weekend. Still waiting for the snow to melt out of the yard!! It's almost gone but it sure has made a mess of our driveway!!! It is really a muddy mess. I think we are going to get some gravel for it if it ever dries out!!!

Ann, WOW!! You are so close to that 50 pounds!! That must be exciting! I can't wait to get there!!!

Well, everyone have a good weekend and maybe I'll catch you all after while.
Karen