Old 03-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #46  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Karen, congrats on those 4 lbs. YOU ROCK! Do you realize you hit the 20 lbs loss mark???

Ann, you are AMAZING and inspiring as well. .10 to hit 50 lbs, I know you will hit it!!! Whew, I needed that dose of inspiration. I will remember both of you this weekend when I'm thinking about eating junk food. I want to make it a good week so I can have a good WI next Friday. Thanks girls!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #47  

HEY GUYS!!! We are back. Only for a few days though. Joe's grandfather is having open heart surgery Tuesday so we are going to dive in for that. He is going to be fine though, he is very healthy otherwise. We had a blast and now I am not going to ever eat again. I think that is all we did. Wake up, eat, hang around the room (me), eat lunch and have a few drinks, sit around, eat dinner and have a few more drinks. I don't ever want to see junk again! I didn't gain as much as I thought though so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is mostly water.

I did get a chance to go tot he Grand Ole' Opry Monday. It was really pretty. Such history. I do have some pics but i need to make them smaller. The hotel was AWESOME. It was better than Vegas in there. It was like being outside all of the time because it was under a hugh dome. It had waterfalls and building that looked like houses inside of it. I have just got to post them. We saw a show one night that was put on by one of Joe's contractors. It was great too. It was impersinators and they did a really good job. There was Elton John, Cher, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart and the Blues Brothers. The MC was Austin Powers. It was amazing how much these people looked like them. I cheered so much my voice still isn't right.

I have not had a chance to read the post and I need to wash some clothes. I will post some pics in a bit too.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #48  

Ok, the first pic is from our room balcony. The second is from the bar that that was right below us. The cool thing is that it rotated so I was able to wait to get a good shot. The flowers are the orchids that were all over the place. I took lots of those and now Joe wants to grow them. The next pic is of me and 2 Austin's the darker suit is the actual impersinator, the other is Joe's contrator. It is sacary how much them look alike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0130.JPG (49.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0158.JPG (46.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0160.JPG (48.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.JPG (49.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #49  

These are the buildings inside the place. One was a little shopping area and the house is actually a steak resturant. The cool thing about eating in Opryland was that you always ate outside, and everyone loves that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0178.JPG (48.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0179.JPG (48.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #50  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Kempy, welcome back. Those pictures are great, that place looks beautiful! I will add TN to my list for places to visit. My mom has that type of orchid, it is really beautiful and bold. I'll say a prayer for a speedy recovery for Joe's grandpa and for you guys to have a safe trip. Good to have you back again.

Rick is digging up the asphalt in our driveway and will be prepping it for a new concrete slab. I have to go move the cars before I get trapped in the house today. Have a good one.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #51  

Hey guys. We re heading back to LA tomorrow so i thought I would pop on to say hi. Not much activity going on here today.

Thanks Noelle. You have got to go see Nashville. We really only left the hotel twice. Once to see the Grand Ole Opry and the other was to walk to the mall. Do you remember when Opryland was around? Wel, it is anymore. There is an Outlet mall there now. What is funny is that we ahve the same one here in Katy. It has normal stores in there too but you can get some really good deals. When we were trying to leave is started to POUR raining so we had to stay there for a bit. We ended up going to the movies and saw 300 on the IMAX screen. That is a good movie, kind of bloody though. I loved being able to tell Joe I told him so. I wanted to drive the car to the mall and he said to walk. Why is that such a good feeling?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!
Well, I think I am back on track now-- I did the 3 mile super fat burn DVD twice --back to back! Iam going to have to hurry though if I am going to make my walking goal for March! I still get out of breath when I am walking like that but I just plan to keep on pushing through it. When I got up this morning I thought that I would go for 8 miles--- but 6 will have to do it for the day! Maybe tomorrow.

Noelle, how are you doing? Are you still going to PT? I know that sometimes that hurts worse than the injury in the first place!! But they justify it by saying it is going to make it better.

Kempyd, It sounds like you had a pretty good time in Nashville. We weren't able to stay in that Hotel when we were there--- no vacancy! But of course that was in the middle of Summer and also they were having the country music fest at the same time!! I hope to go back again before to long and visit everything all over again. Tim was pretty impressed with the NASCAR cafe too. We both like the Nascar races.

Well, now that I have rested a bit from my 6 mile walk it is time to jump in the laundry again!!

Everybody have a good day. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #53  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, I am off to PT in a bit. Hopefully only for 2 more weeks. I have a Drs. appointment on Wednesday so he will see how I'm doing. I just got done paying up my portion of my surgery bills...payday was last Friday and let's just say that I am now broke til next payday.

Karen, you are just blazing up those miles. Don't kill yourself trying to reach goal, you were out of commission for a good week. I wouldn't doubt it if you could reach it though, you are really motivated I like to watch Nascar races on TV once on a while although I don't know too much about the drivers or teams. I would love to see a race in person though.

Kempy, I want to see 300 too. But I think Zodiac (w/Jake Gyllenhaal ) is next. Do you guys know how long you're staying in LA?

I gotta get a move on.

Hi to all and have a great day.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #54  

Karen you are doing great even having been sick. You should go back to TN, I want to. This time I would like to be able to take in a few sites, not just the hotel. Although that was great I think Nashville has more to offer than that.

Noelle I like Jake too but I am not a fan of scary movies. I think I will have to pass on that one. We are going to be gone until Thursday or Friday. I think we are just going to play it by ear and see what happens. We are taking the dogs with us and I am leaving a hugh bowl of food for the cat.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #55  

This week is, so far, very relaxing. Hubby and Ashley are at work/school, and I'm enjoying peace and quiet....a luxury for any mom!!

Karen: You are doing awesome. Be careful not to overdo, especially after being sick for awhile.

Noelle: Hopefully you will be done with PT soon. Just look forward to when the therapist (or Dr) says you're done with PT, then go out and celebrate.

Kempy: Your pictures were great. I've been to Nashville a few times, and I really like that city. Once, I was there the night of the CMA, and that was awesome.

I hope some others come out to play soon...Dips, Angie, etc.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello all,
I thought that I would be able to do 8 miles today but I was only able to get 6 in. I guess I will just keep it at 6 miles a day for awhile and then maybe one day next week I might be able to jump it up to 8. I guess I should be happy that after not being able to do it at all for 10 days that I can get started again at the 6 miles.

I'm so happy our snow is just about all gone!! But they are still saying we could get some snow the end of this week. But at least it won't stick around very long when we are getting up in the 60's almost everyday. It will be so nice when the driveway dries out! You kind of have to have the cars in 4wd to get through it right now!!

I hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #57  
so close, yet so far...

Hey y'all... just trying on my Little Rock twang, which could also be used in Nashville I am in the office this morning but I had to bring Michael with me to give my parents a break. They've watched him all of last week, and he has another week off for Spring break. I am going to drag him all over town with me, bring my taxes to the accountant and possibly do a little shopping. He is having his 1st communion in a few weeks so I need to find him some pants and maybe a jacket.

Karen, I'm glad you're moving into spring there. I just can't relate to how drastically the weather changes for you guys. That's awesome.

Hi Cal.

Well, I am supposed to go out w/my girlfriends this weekend to celebrate a birthday. The movie we wanted to see won't be in the theater on the night we want to go, but the new movie Shooter came out (w/Mark Wahlberg, another hottie). We may go and see that. Other than that, nothing much going on around here. Have a good one and I'll check back later.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #58  

Hello Everyone,

I'm still just enjoying my time off. Actually, these 2 weeks off have felt very long. I'm actually looking forward to going back to school. Once back, there are only 10 weeks left until summer vacation. I'm really looking forward to our trip this summer.
We got a new computer and I'm really loving it. I can't believe how much faster it is. We had the Geek Squad at Best Buy set everything up. It was nice not to have to worry and become frustrated with setting everything up. We gave the laptop to Ashley, and she is excited to have "her" computer.
The weather has turned off really nice. It's partly cloudy today and the high is only supposed to be 77. I have every window in the house open. It feels good to relax with such nice weather.
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:01 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hi, this newbie Virgo is here at the invitation of Karen31. (Thank you, Karen!)
I'm a 56-year-old lifelong Chicagoan. A musician, woman w/a sense of humor, who was actually physically fit and active in the middle '80's. I got married --still am happily married 18 1/2 years, actually!--and put on my weight. The idea "Let's get back to sexy" is a good one. It's even more important for me to get over/past my lethargy and lose my weight for health's sake--both my parents died what we would now consider relatively young: my dad at 65, & my mom 1 1/2 months before her 60th birthday. She was skinny, but a smoker from the age of 14. I don't smoke, but I am much heavier than I want to be. Even when I was active I didn't like to exercise, although once I got into it, it was okay. Ironically, now that I'm online, I'm even less inclined to exercise, since I've got my butt parked in front of the computer.

Help, ladies, help!!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #60  

hey yall!

Just wanted to join the chat if thats okay! and share some good news! in 1 weeks of dieting I lost 1 pound
gentlebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote