Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #61  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well ladies, yesterday was weigh in. It's kinda odd...they have four sets of scales at WW. Except for two times (one being last night), I've managed to weigh on the same scales each time. Last night and the other night I weighed on different scales, I either maintained or gained. Last night I maintained, according to their scales. According to mine, I've lost somewhere between 1 and 2 lbs....my scales show whole lbs, not tenths, so I'm not sure the exact amount. It's very irritating, especially after the week I've had, to go and be told I maintained....I know, I should be happy not showing a gain. I'm tellin' ya...it's the scales. Should've gone and weighed on my usuals after meeting. But didn't....maybe it'll just make next week even better?? Guess we'll see. I really needed to see a loss this week, though. But I'm not discouraged beyond coming back....I will do this (won't I?? LOL)
I have much to do today....Hope to be back later though.
Diana
Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #62  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good morning girlies! I hope you're all found well and excited about today! ((sheesh, how chipper could I sound..LOL!!))

Robbin, I am so proud of you really getting down to the nitty gritty of your plateau a.k.a "pain in the a$$" and putting it out there for the rest of us to learn from. What you described really is a testament from my own book. I too get "relaxed" on the weekends because I've done so well throughout the week. I figure I deserve it. I guess the question now would be how badly do I want it. Bad enough to sabatoge myself with choices that aren't so healthy. I'm usually really relieved when I come through a weekend without a gain. Would it be so bad to actually expect a loss on the weekend??? I think not!!

Diana, I would definitely want to weigh on the same scale each WW weigh in. (Can you request that?) We all know that each scale varies. I wouldn't even acknowledge your WW results this week. If your home scales report a loss, then obviously you have, claim it girl! There is no variation in the scales you've been using all along. Chin up and keep your eye on the ball being the next weigh in on the scales you usually use!!

Not much new to report for me. Have a great day girls!

TTFN!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #63  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh wow . . . another day has come and almost gone again . . .

First off, I slept in until after 9 am (still turned upside-backwards about the time change I think); had to rush to get the garbage out; then the opthamologist called and pushed my first cataract surgery ahead by a week (that's okay, at least it doesn't mess up the rest of my carefully orchestrated Spring surgery schedule - just have to do some minor rearranging); then I noticed that my little stone chip on the windshield has turned into a major crack and I'll have to fit in getting that fixed before my car's annual inspection in June or it won't pass); then I had a three hour 'business' meeting this afternoon (hey, thought I was 'retired') . . . anyway, you know how it goes sometimes.

So, long story shortened . . . Sorry to say, I'm kind of just passing through again . . . Hope everybody is having a great day of moving and shaking and doing all the good stuff you possibly can . . . I'll see you all tomorrow and hopefully I'll have time to chat longer then.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #64  
Diana

I got hardly anything done today....I'm coming down with the "crud," I think. Achy all over, headache, no fever (yet)....the "good" thing (if you can really call it good) is that the thought of food literally grosses me out and makes me want to barf a lung. (TMI??? Sorry.) Maybe it'll help me show a loss this week! LOL--owie, it hurts to laugh, or even to think of laughing!

Has anyone tried that new (I guess it's new...I just recently heard about it) all natural cold remedy created by the school teacher--I think it's called Airborne or something like that? My in-laws say it's a miracle cure. I just finished my first dose of it. You dissolve it in water like Alka Seltzer. OMG...it's disgusting!! Especially when you're already not wanting to put anything in your mouth! It better work as nasty as it is. My son actually liked it. Go figure.....
Did manage to get my hair cut today....it'd been almost a year. It was soooo nice to drop my 2 yr old off and go sit and have a haircut. Who'd have ever thought I would enjoy a haircut? Just nice to have 30 minutes of not hearing, "Mommy ________." (Fill in the blank) But the girl that cut it liked to talk....I just wanted to be silent and relax. She is very young and doesn't have children...she just doesn't understand the preciousness of that 30 minutes or else she woulda just been quiet! LOLOLOL

Anyway, I think my points will be well below target today given the pukiness I'm feeling. I'd rather be well, I think.

Tina, I agree with you. I'm not really taking into account what WW scales said yesterday. I really think I've lost 2 lbs...in fact, I think I'm gonna go ahead and change ticker. Went shopping Sunday and bought a size smaller jeans again....A 16W!!! Do you know how long it's been since I've worn that small of a size?? And....warning, this next thing really may be too much info so if you're offended easily, just skip it (like you could skip it now that I've gotten your curiosity up!! LOL)....last night, well, er, um....you know....and afterwards, my husband said, "This may not be a great time to share this, but you have really lost a lot of weight!!!" He was very VERY pleased! I could even tell a big difference. It was definitely a WOW moment....Makes ya wanna keep losing just to see what it'll be like!! LOLOL Hope I'm not the only silly one who'd share something like that here. If I offended, I'm very sorry.
Well, I'm gonna go sit my lighter-but-still-very-large behind on the couch and try to feel better. Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #65  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hey ladies!! Well doing a little better today as far as eating and the scales are concerned but i am feeling like i am getting some sort of funk. Kind of like Diana, achy all over and just no energy, so now i am going to head out and see some patients anyway! So hard to know what to do in these situations, don't want to make anyone sick but yet can't not see them on a "chance" i might have something. OH WELL, let's just keep trucking along!

Diana - so glad to see you are hanging in there and toughing out this rough road! I agree Robbin amazes me as well! I am going to say to you what folks always say to me (including my endocrinologist) that it's not the number on the scale its how you feel and knowing that you are doing what is healthy for you in the long run! NOW I KNOW that is little comfort when you just need to see a smaller number on that scale when you step on. The majority of doctors always said "you know you need to get the weight down", sounds like they want to see a smaller number to me!! Listen lady keep at it, if we keep doing things right we will see those smaller numbers!!!! Oh and by the way, not too much TMI and yes I have had the same experience and think it is fabulous and very inspiring. I have been medically restricted from that for the last two week and have about 2-4 more weeks to go. I really want to try to get some more off before i am allowed again and see just how exciting it can be! AND CONGRATS on the smaller jeans again!!!!! That is fantastic!!!

Linda - hope your crawl was fun and productive! You are a busy girl here lately! I think i caught your lack of energy this morning! Hope everything works out for you and you will be back full force soon!

Tina - YES please remind me of what i said just one post ago! I need the accountability more than anything!! How is your menu planning going?

Robbin - WOW lady! I think you may have hit the nail on the head!!!! Makes complete sense! And as i said to Diana you amaze me that you have not just thrown in the towel and run screaming to the closest McDonald's or Burger King! I think your revised plan will get you into onderland before you know it!!!!!

Well gotta run should have been on the road 10 min ago!! Hope ya'll have a fantastic day!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #66  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I've been on Spring Break and have kept up my workout's but my eating's been a little off lately. I've got TOM coming next week and I can defintely feel it, inside and out, the scales were at 209 yesterday morning and have jumped up to 212 this morning!!!

I've got to get my eating back on track!!! Just a quick update, I hope you ladies are all doing great!!!

TTYL!!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #67  
Onward and Downward

OMG, it's the middle of the afternoon again. I'm feeling really lethargic today. Can hardly stay awake. Think it's the end of the time-change-lag coupled with the really oppressively dull weather we are having today. By tomorrow, I'll probably wish I had today back; the forecast for tomorrow is SNOW. Yuck.

Anyway, another big is going to have to do it again for today. Hopefully I'll get back into sync with the rest of the world soon. In the meantime, gang, just keep on keeping on. Have a great moving and shaking good evening and I'll see you again really soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #68  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hello everyone im mia and the title of your thread caught my eye i think i need to find a new approach to the whole weight loss thing. I seem to get discourged when i dont lose a certain amount of weight. I like the idea that you guys do not focus soo much on lose this amount by??? but you acknowledge when you lose anything. (I hope that made sense) lol anyway can i please join?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #69  
Diana

Welcome, Mia! Take if from someone who's great at starting and then restarting....you wanna stay here! These girls know just what to say and when to say it and it's a place that helps hold you accountable....not because you'll get in trouble or scolded if you mess up, but you just want to do good because you want to have something good to report. Look forward to getting to know you!

Well everyone, I'm feeling a bit better today, although my daughter is barfing up her guts! She's sooo sick...I'm a bit worried. If she's not better tomorrow, I'll be calling the doctor. My kids have been sick (taking turns) solidly for the last month. Guess it's time to soak the house down with bleach and Lysol. I'm doing pretty good food-wise. I take a fluid pill for my blood pressure...haven't had it in two days so I'm sure I'm retaining more water than usual....I'm maintaining at 17 lbs, though. (I know, ticker says 19...may have changed it a bit prematurely) I've had a chicken salad sandwich, tomato soup, and popcorn today. Lots of sodium....I need to go get my meds refilled. Although I'm wondering if I've lost enough to get off the BP med....This is my last refill on this Rx. Think I'll check in at the Dr. before I get another Rx from him. That's definitely been one of my goals...to get off the BP med. I guess we'll see.

Hope everyone's having an awesome day!

Diana
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #70  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls, sorry I will have to make this short. I'm getting ready for a weekend outta town! Yippee! I'm going to my brothers for the weekend, 9 hrs. away, yep...I said n-i-n-e! And I'm the driver! Despite that fact, I'm dying to "get away" for a bit. Annnd they have LESS snow! So, hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you again Monday!

Welcome Mia! Glad to have you join us! I look forward to getting to know you better. You sure stopped into a great, warm, welcoming bunch of ladies. Together we can get through anything!

TTFN!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #71  

thanks for the welcome
alittle about me im 26 soon to be 27 in may
my baby just turned 1yr last week
i work as an orthodontist assistant
my hubby just got out of the active marines and now is in the inactive reserve so we relocated to his home in new orleans
i have not always been big i am a big emotional eater i dont think i eat much because of my work schedule but i eat whats convient which is normally fast food or ill eat junk food.
I can not find a diet plan to suite my needs bacause i can only eat 3 - 4x a day and i have to have sugar in my coffee. Also i have a hard time drinking enough water.
well thats my bio im open to all advise and i like to give it as well
Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #72  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome Mia! you'll love this group.

Tina- I can not believe that trip is 9 hours for you! That is a TRIP! Have a wonderful time. It's supposed to be 19 here on Saturday, so I'll bet you'll have some nice weather

Diana- Sorry you aren't feeling well...and your kids too! My 6 yo has a cough right now, but otherwise we've been healthy for awhile. I swear we were sick all of December and January rotating through the 4 kids.

Linda- I am having such a rough time with this time change! I have literally crawled out of bed every morning at the last possible moment and have my afternoon legargy. It's gotta end soon, right?!

Jana- good job working out! Enjoy Spring Break!

Erin- hey, I've been meaning to ask you about your dd's molluscum. My older boys had some flicked off a few years ago, but my 2 yo old now has it around her eyes and it's spreading...Did you have scarring? I am treating it currently with a homeopathic cream, but it's too soon to know if it's working. I have a friend who had some flicked off her dd's eyes, but said she wouldn't do it it again. Just wondering what your experience was. I just hate that they are spreading!!

Robbin- Gosh, girl...I just have to say it again. Way to hang in there!!! I think you have figured it out. "Mixing it up" both in diet and exercise is the way to go, I think. I wish I had some amazing recipes to share, but I mostly just eat what I make the family-- just less of it, you know?

I have had a great "OP" week (so far, lol) 3 good sweaty workouts and I did my basic t-tapp and a walk yesterday. I've also done well watching my portions. Feels so great to be back in control.
My dh went to a movie tonight and I'm trying to stay up to watch Grey's Anatomy at 10:00. I should just record it and watch without commercials tomorrow, but it's the kind of show for me that I couldn't sleep knowing it was on, lol. Better be a good one because I'm tired.

Let's stay committed through the weekend, ladies!!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 AM   #73  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Well ladies i said i would be honest so yes the ticker is up 6 pounds! My binge early in the week and high salt foods a too much of a good thing the last two days has really taken a toll on me. Not to mention TOM may be coming on and that can always put a wammy on things. It just never ceases to amaze me how easy weight comes back on when you have to fight sooooo hard to get it off! Well i said i was going to stay positive regardless so i am going to focus on the fact i know how this happened and all it will take to get it off is better choices the next time around!

JANA - with ya on the little bit off and TOM getting the better of ya, but hopefully it will come off as quick as it came on!

LINDA - I am still amazed how different weather can be, we have had high's in the 80's the last few days, yesterday was rainy and a little cooler but already at 60 degrees this morning and it is only 4am! hope your energy comes back and we will be seeing more of you soon!

MIA - welcome and yes please join! You're right, the lack of pressure of a certain amount by a certain time is relieving, I am sure you will enjoy it here! Sometimes it is best not to get so caught up in a "plan" but better to focus on making right choices. So many fast food places now have healthy options and even just eating less of whatever you get can make a tremendous difference! Sounds like you have had some major stressors lately (moving, new baby and hubby in military) and some emotional eating is expected. Trust me we all succumb to that at times! But like i said focus on making small choices right now and as you begin to see results then move into a little bigger thing. Do you exercise at all?

DIANA - so sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is much better today! We have had a nasty stomach virus going around our area that has hit most families twice in as quick as a week! Hope she is over it soon and no one else comes down with it! Glad to hear you are doing better and moving on along! Water pills can help so much to get rid of that nasty swollen feeling, when you just feel it all over! That little bit of extra swelling can really do a number on the scales too!

TINA - have a wonderful and safe trip! Wish I could share my 80 degrees and flowers blooming everywhere with you!

EMILY - actually i have absolutely no regrets on having my daughter's molluscum removed. Her's was right on the edge of the eyelid in the lashes so treating with creams was nearly impossible. Her eye would stay soooo goopy and nasty all the time and there was a question as to how that was affecting her vision so I felt like the risk was worth it. Now the guy who did it was an eye plastic surgeon who specializes in that kind of thing and they did it in surgery with her completely knocked out so you have to deal with the risks of anesthesia but it was so quick and the recovery only took about 2 weeks for complete healing and she has absolutley no scaring! She has beautiful long lashes and they are even coming back in. My son has the molluscum on his body and i thought it had gone away but in the last month or so he has gotten some new ones but only a scattered few, so i hope they are gone again soon! the way they can spread is amazing! Like i said i would definitely do it again, but i would be sure the same guy did it! Oh yeah and i love Grey's anatomy too, fortunately for me it is on at 8:00 so i can usually stay up that long! Congrats on the on plan week!

Well you ladies have a fabulous weekend, i am not sure if i will be around. The weather is supposed to be highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's. Right up my alley so i want to get out and do some weeding etc, as well as have to get son to baseball practice and get a haircut as well as several church activities so time may be a little short! So if not before i will see you monday and will hopefully be less of me seeing less of you!

Erin
Old 03-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Oh UGH . . . another typical early spring day in Atlantic Canada is shaping up . . . we have a winter storm warning in place for the next 24 hours . . . first, snow (anywhere from 4 to 12 inches, predicted?); then overnight tonight, freezing rain changing to regular rain; all coupled with gale-force winds. So far, just heavily overcast and really windy.

Hi MIA . . . to our little group . . . We do have fun here as we wander along the bumpy road to better health and fitness. I notice you have a big March challenge under way. Personally, I have never succeeded with any challenge I've ever tried to join so I just don't do them. I a diabetic and I'm older than dirt -- both of those problems tend to make for very slow weight loss. I just try to remember that it was the tortoise that finally won the race.

Hi ERIN . . . My bet is that a lot of the 6 pounds is just WWW and will be gone again soon. Salt will do you in every time. Drink water until you gurgle, girl.

Hi EMILY . . . Good going with the OP and exercise. Keep it up for the weekend and you're bound to be rewarded by the FFM next week.

Hi TINA . . . Have a great, great weekend . . . drive carefully. See you later, gator.

Hi DIANA . . . I have my eyes, legs, toes, fingers crossed for you to have a good report from the doctor regarding the BP meds. Hope everybody is soon feeling better around your place.

Hi JANA . . . Probably just WWW for you too . . . the only thing I've really liked about getting older is no more TOM . . . although sometimes the body still goes through the water-retention cycling thing Just not every month. More water for you too, please.

Hey ROBBIN . . . where are you hiding out? Haven't seen you for a couple of days. We miss you.

Well, gang . . . I'd best get my self in gear and get out to stock up on a couple of staple items before this storm really hits. Hope each and every one of you has a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you all again really soon.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #75  

Default thanks you for the welcome everyone

ELEM-PGF- i do exercise i have several turbo jam videos and a few pilates even though i feel im too gib for pilates. The time change has really taken a toll on me so i havent worked out because i could normally find time in the am before work but now when i wake up its still dark at 630am. But you know what that is another excuse and im getting tired of making excuses for myself.

meowee- i never completed a challenge either but i know i have to try and set small goals. And I know exercise is a very important roll. So once again im trying maybe i can lose something anything before my birthday
Closed Thread