Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #46  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Friday!

Good morning ladies! The sun is out and the temps are finally getting to the pluses. Yesterday the snow sure took a beating. Water or shall I say puddles were everywhere and sizeable! Yippee! Makes me wanna get out there and walk my arse off! LOL! I've had such an eventful week that I didn't get a chance to shop for my "week 2" menus so I've been "fluffing" it. No losses this week, but that'll change soon! I'm thankful I didn't gain, but there has to be some little glitch in there as to why I wouldn't have lost. Especially since I've had salads for lunch AND dinner??? After skating yesterday with Alyssa and "our" playdates we decided to walk to Wendys, I was going to allow myself a large chili and that was suppose to be it. But I didn't know they had new item.... sandwiches! Anybody who knows me, knows I am such a sucker for sandwiches. And BAM down the hatch it went. I guess there's my answer as to why I haven't lost! White bread too, to make the best of it!

Erin!! What a great sight to see you back. I have been thinking about you often and wondering how you're doing. So good to see you back and recommitting, with a loss to boot! You go girl! LOve your committments, I vow to try to keep those in your face as much as possible when you need to hear them!

Linda, I'm scared to even mention our weather just in case I'll scare it away. I'm almost tempted to say that it looks like "spring has sprung" here, but maybe I'll keep it to a whisper. LOL!

Robbin, it truly, truly sucks to know how hard you're working to move that scale down and TOM is preparing it's entrance. I'm gonna recall a piece of info. I've come accross a long time ago...and I believe I posted back then. But theory has it than women burn calories better during TOM to actually have a nice loss a the end. Whether or not it's true, I'm not sure, but it would be great to prove it wouldn't it.

Diana, you DO NOT want to become a statistic. Nor do you want to fall into the trash heap of unhealthy alternatives to a fast meal. I so get how much more easier it is to "live the other way", it is in turn faster but in no way healthier. Not for you or your kids. You've taken a stand to be a role model for them by taking better care of their mom, don't let them see you give in this soon. Remember this, "No food tastes as good as being thin feels!"? Weight loss is unfortunately very tough and the emotional roller coaster it takes you on is extraordinary. You just gotta keep striving for good times and not let the tough times latch onto you. You can do this, you've proven that with the strong start you've had. When you weigh your desire to be a healthier person next to the desire to take the easy way out, you tell me what weighs more. Stay strong!

Tammy, your post to Diana only reaffirms why I look up to you so much. ((you seriously must be sick of hearing me say that...LOL)) Every word you wrote inspired me to have a better day, because I can control that. Making the decisions we sometimes make to eat something better, exercise when we sometimes don't feel like it, is what empowers us. What an awesome uplifting post. Would you come spend a day with me?!! LOL!

Emily, glad to hear you had a good week. Have fun in Calgary. I was thinking of making that trip next weekend. Not 100% sure yet, but the want is certainly there.

Have a great day all! Spend it making decisions that'll benefit you tomorrow!
TTFN!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday Afternoon . . .

As usual, it has gotten really quiet in here; must be the weekend or something. Nothing too exciting on my agenda. At least the temps have warmed up to the freezing level today and are supposed to be hitting plus levels tomorrow. Naturally that also means the sun is taking the rest of the weekend off, too.

TINA . . . Glad you have been having an active good time with your DD. I'm a sandwich lover too. It's hard sometimes, but I mostly manage to stay away from bread, because I know it is one of my trigger foods. I allow myself a whole wheat flax seed tortilla wrap once (sometimes twice) a week and that is it.

ROBBIN . . . Hang in there girl. You know you can do it.

JANA . . . Those inches mean more than the pounds, kiddo. More people can see them. The pounds are just numbers. BTW, I love the puppy in your Avatar.

Well, off I go. The cats think it is dinner time, although I don't want to eat myself for about another hour. Hope all of you hve great weekends and I'll look forward to seeing you all later. Keep things moving and shaking, gang.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Happy Sunday Morning . . .

Seems even quieter than normal around here this weekend . . . I definitely seem to be talking to myself.

Also notice that this little time change is quite haphazard. My computer didn't make the automatic change; 3FC didn't make the automatic change; the local TVGuide channel didn't make it; but the Weather station did; and the local radio station managed. I've seen a few news blubs this morning, from both US and Canadian stations that have their visible time-stamp still on Standard. This is shaping up to be more fun than that infamous Y2K fiasco that never quite materialized.

Anyway, gang . . . hope you are having a really fun weekend wherever (and whenever) you are. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll hope to see you all tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #49  
Domestic Engineer

Hi Linda, I'm here! My overnight in Calgary was a blast. Power shopped at 3 big malls and walked down 17th Ave. I'd say I got my walking in!!
Eating was decent, the girls I went with are very health conscious so that helped. They had their protein bars and "Green's" drink. The only meal we went all out for was dinner Friday night at Joey Tomato. Had a shared appetizer platter (lettuce wraps, ginger beef, calamari, blue cheese fries) and shared a big chicken ceasar too. So all in all it wasn't even a huge portion of it all. But soooo good!
I have a tickle in my throat that seems to come on at night. I've been fighting a cold for about a week now. I *think* it's getting better, but I coughed off and on for probably a half hour after we turned the lights off at the hotel and I felt so bad!
I feel so much better mentally back at it. One of my friends recently lost 65 lbs and she looks amazing and has so much fun shopping now. I want that to be me in a year!!!
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #50  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

just stopping in for a quick good morning to you all!!

i hoppped on the scale after my walk this morning and was down to 208!!!!

i am so excited this morning!!!

we are on spring break all next week so it will be a challenge to stay on plan but i can make it through!! i have faith in myself!!

have a wonderful sunday ladies, i hope your weather is as beautiful as ours!!!

oh yea, LINDA, that's my baby PRECIOUS, she's a spoiled yorkie-poo and she says, "spank you, my mommy tells my i'm pretty all the time."

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 03-11-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #51  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hey ladies!! Well i have been up and down a few tenths over the weekend but doing pretty well. I know exercise would help but not supposed to yet. May try some walking but hills still kind of hurt.

DIANA - OH GIRL!!! I have been right where you are so many times!!! You wanted stern so here you go. You can decide to take the easy road and miss a few good years of life, maybe as many as 10 or so and i don't mean just missing out on good times because you don't have energy or physical ability to do them, i mean dead and gone earlier than your time! ORRRR you can decide that life is worth living and ENJOYING and realize that if a difficult food choice is your challenge of the day be greatful that you have money to buy the food you want but shouldn't have, be greatful for the TV you can sit in front of instead of exercise and remember there are so many people who are facing a life where having those things is impossible. Remember there are people who are facing a shortenend life because of something they have no control over, such as cancer, poor living conditions and other things. Ladies we all need to remember, WE HAVE A CHOICE!!!!! We are in control of this situation! and we can either choose to wallow in our old ways and feel sorry for ourselves or we can buck up do what we know we need to do an move on to a better much more enjoyable life. we can choose to do the right thing and be mad that this isn't easy for us or we can be greatful we have a mind able to make choices! Okay enough preaching, but please know i need to HEAR this just as much or more than me TELLING it to you! I say it in love and support for a friend who is dealing with a rough time and I pray you get through it!

LINDA - glad to hear you are chugging along, i actually happen to love root beer - has no caffiene and i get the diet so can drink without guilt! I can't believe we have been near 80 the last few days and you are still dealing with sub-zero temps! I thought everyone was moving on to spring!

EMILY - I know what you mean about Tammy's post worked for me too! Glad to hear you had a blast in Calgary! Seeing someone you know succeed in weight loss can be so motivating! Sounds like you definitely got all your walking in!

JANA - congrats off on the inch of the waist that is a great improvement!!! And a weight loss to boot!! Yippee!

ROBBIN - still flying by! But glad to see you are still around! You can do this, keep at it and i know you will break through this plateau!!!

TINA*‑ thanks for the welcome back! Sounds like you are doing well and keeping moving which is awesome. I am anxious to get back to making myself sweat some more! I don't want to go too quick and mess up what i have had done but i feel good and want to do more!

Well ladies gotta run, been supposed to be doing paper work and did this post once then lost it so had to redo and now have spent way more time than i wanted to! I pray ya'll have a fantastic day and the choices are easy and without resentment! Love ya'll Erin
Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #52  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . well, Hello, anyway. It is Monday after all. OMG, I hate time changes . . . actually I guess what I hate is my mind/body reaction to time changes . . . always seems to be way out of proportion to the actual event. Yesterday afternoon, I couldn't stay awake. Last night, I couldn't go to sleep. Decided a big bunch of NSA ice cream would help . . . it didn't. Finally got about 3 hours sleep and was up and raring to go at 5:30. Oh well, I usually get myself sorted out in a few days. If you guessed that I don't travel well either, you are right. Any more than one or two time zones and I'm useless for days.

Hi EMILY . . . Glad to hear your trip was such a success. Hope you are feeling better now and don't you worry, this time next year you will definitely be the big winner (loser) . . . you know what I mean.

Hi JANA . . . Congratulations on that nice number and on the determination to make it through Spring Break OP. Love the dog . . . did you happen to read back and notice that my newest cat is named Purrecious, (aka . . . Squirrel Girl, because she is absolutely crazy).

Hi ERIN . . . Almost missed you, girl. Glad the weekend went well. You are definitely welcome to my share of the world supply of Root Beer. In Canada, March is not usually too Spring-like, unfortunately. But it is a lot better than February was.

Well gang, I think I'm going to get myself dressed and head out for an early Mall-Crawl. Need a few things and going out will hopefully keep me awake (at least for a little while) Hope you all have a moving and shaking kind of day. See you later . . .

Oh . . . hey, all you crazy canuks, did you notice that we have a pretty active Canadian thread on the go? Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341 . . . hope to see you all over there.

Last edited by meowee; 03-12-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #53  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Ok I feel like kicking myself for this but I have to do another flyby. I hate it but I have just been so busy I can hardly find the time to go to the bathroom. My boss is going to be out of town for 2 weeks startng tomorrow and things should dramatically slow down. We have been trying to get everything ready for him to leave that's why I have been so busy.

The scales have stuck themselves at 223 and do not want to move. TOM has yet to show up and I am feeling like eating the paint off the walls. I'm not though so that is good right? I only had one off meal over the weekend and that was 4 peices of pizza Saturday Night. On Sunday I tried to rectify the situation by eating nothing but raw veggies the whole day but LOL the scales did not feel that it was enough of a sacrafice and did not move. Oh well I will try harder this week.

Diana - YOU DO NOT WANT TO QUIT. I promise you that. Not even for a break. I have been at this plateau for almost 3 months and know that it is because I have not been trying quite as hard as I was but I am trying really hard to get the "committed" me back and you can too.

Well ladies I gotta run.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #54  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick fly by for tonight. I had a rough weekend eating wise, I wanted to eat everything and anything that wasn't nailed down. I'm hoping for a better week and hope the cravings leave!!!

Saw the eye doctor on Friday and he has refered me to an eye surgeon. I have a cyst and a wart next to it on my lower eye lid that needs to be removed. Can't get into the surgeon till April, maybe it will go away by it's self.

Diane...Do not quit!!! Take it from someone that is old enough to be your mother. It is much easier to loose the weight now than when you are in your 50's or older. I'm not saying loosing weight is easy, cause it's not, but your metabolism works better. I first started Weight watchers four years ago and quit after I reached my 12th week. I thought I could do it on my own. It was a Big Mistake! I gained the 30 lbs I loss, plus some more. We all have days where we fall off plan, but Tammy gave you some very good advise. Start back on program with the very next meal. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Tammy...Thanks so much for the excellent advise you gave Diane. I have taken it to heart.

Cheryl
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #55  
Domestic Engineer

Feel like I had a good day. Watched portions and had lots of water. Also had an excellent treadmill workout...over 2.5 miles (37-38 minutes?) mostly running. Felt good today.
Kicking myself though. All of a sudden it's less than a month until spring break and my trip to Portland, OR. And I'm losing weight I already lost! But at least I've turned it around and I can be back down close to where I was by then. I've got 4 weeks (less 2 days)- hoping for 205ish.

Jana- congrats on the loss! You should be excited

Robbin- I'm sorry you are still frustrated by that dang plateau! Somethings got to give eventually...hang in there!

Cheryl- I hope your eye gets better w/out the surgery!

Linda- I'm with you hating the time change. The Fall one is actually harder for me, but it still messes me up. I shut off the alarm this morning and went back to sleep until 7:30!

Well, off to catch some yummy Jack Bauer er, I mean 24!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #56  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy ladies! Well as i said i was going to be honest with myself and with ya'll so slap a big hipocrit (i know i didn't spell that right but oh well) over my face and let's move on. I had a complete binge yesterday and gained 4.2 pounds because of it! YIKES!!!!! Well staying true to my positive attitude that day is gone and today is the first day of not doing that again!!! Today i will make the right choices and will move forward and not wallow in my poor decisions! I am going to try to not weigh again until friday morning and see where i am then. I really thing my obsessive weighing works against me!!

Linda - thanks for the root beer, i am going through about a case a week of diet A&W! Is a mall crawl actually shopping or is that the name for all the folks who walk the mall for exercise everyday. I know around here they are hardly crawling!

Robbin - so glad to hear you are not eating paint!!! TOM can really mess with your appetite for sure! Not giving in is a huge accomplishment! Better than i did for sure! I find the one day crash fixes are worse on me than just getting back to or sticking with the true plan and also for me i have to avoid breads past and rice like the plague!

Cheryl - good to see you! My daughter had some Molluscum (sort of like warts) removed from her eye lids back in the summer and she did fabulous, made a huge difference to her eye she was constantly having goopy yucky looking drainage and that stopped within a week of the surgery.

Emily - sounds lik you had an awesome day! I hate when a goal sneaks up on me like that, where does the time go??? I am sure you will hit that 205 without a problem if you keep going like you did this day!

Well gotta run, hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #57  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies...yes, I'm still here. I've been lurking about, just too busy and no time to post....awfully cruel thing to do after my last post, huh? Sorry....really, I am! I've read each and every post and all I can say is WOW! You guys are the greatest....I've stayed on, I've hung in there, I'm still moving in a healthy direction. Not, obviously, because it's what I necessarily want to do, but because it's what I know I have to and need to do. Everyone who "had something to tell me" had an impact....I'm not just saying that. I don't know what that "mood" was in my last post....I guess we all get there sometimes, I dunno. But I needed to "hear" everything that you guys said to me. Again, I've done halfway descently at staying on track and may show a very very small loss for the week (today is weigh in). This, by far, has been my toughest week. Thanks to everyone one of you for helping me hang in there....I'm tellin' you, you guys are my rock!

I have to say this, though....Robbin, I think you probably amaze me the most....your "staying power" during your current plateau and your unwillingness to be stupid like I was and whine about it is completely awesome to me!! You should feel very proud of yourself! I know I'm very proud of you!!!

Hopefully things are going to calm down for me a bit now and I'll be a poster instead of just the lurker I've been for what seems like forever!! Thanks again, EVERYONE! You guys ROCK!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . gang . . .

Afraid I'm running late this morning . . . not sure how come . . . just one of those days that seem to get away from you. Just about to rush out to pick up a few things I forgot to get yesterday. BTW, my version of 'mall-crawl' really does mean shopping, but, luckily, it also counts as exercise.

Anyway, you all just keep on keeping on, gang . . . I'll be back later.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #59  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Hello my ladies, Hello my darlins'..hello my one time gals (is that right?) LOL! I know it's an old song, but I don't remember the words! Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop in here yesterday. It was one of those days like Linda is having today. Time just got away from me between running errands and having hubby home for a distraction!

I really need to catch up!

Linda, my mom phoned me one day to tell me that she saw this little quiz to find out if you're a carb lover and she said she could answer yes to all of them. I'm like "duh" when you're from the east that's all anyone eats is bread and tea!! Needless to say, sandwiches can be as threatening as chocolate is for me. You're a strong woman to only allow yourself a wrap once a week.

Emily, glad you had a good time in Calgary. I'm leaving friday morning, so not looking forward to the 9hr. drive but I'm going shack whacky!! It's cool that you're friends are into health as much as yourself, it makes it so much more easier when you don't have to fight yourself internally to make the "proper" decisions"!

Jana, wooo..you go girl! Congrats on the loss! That's the way to do it!

Erin, wow..so proud of you coming in here and owning up to your binge. Getting it out in the open makes you feel much more better and actually motivates you to do better. Now, is this a good time to say "practice what you preach"??? hahaha!! Only teasing you!

Robbin, wouldn't it be great if one of the "side effects" of TOM was excessive exercise and not excessive appetite! Woo! Wouldn't that be something?! Keep doing what you're doing and hang in there girl!

Cheryl, this is your week girl! Turn those cravings away and make choices that'll better suit you days after. seems we're all fighting cravings here lately.

Diana, glad you're still here and maintaining the fighting battle. We all feel we don't have choice in this matter and know exactly what you're going through. It's just a good thing we don't all take dips at the same time! LOL! Glad you could come here and get exactly what you needed.

I've been rather slow last week getting my rear in gear for a loss, but I've already been grocery shopping for my menus and hopefully I'll get a chance to move that ticker soon!! Have a great day all!

TTFN!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #60  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Default Could end up being a long post but hopefully not boreing.

I think I have figured out my problem and Diana I want you to read this to see if maybe it makes any sense to you, cause I know you are haveing a problem with a plateau and motivation. Most of you know I have been having problems staying on track once weekend hits. Well I have contributed my 3 month long plateau to my bad weekends. I think I now know why I am having such a hard time on weekends. It all comes down to the fact that I have become lazy with my food, I have become the most boreing eater I know. Monday - Friday I eat the same things over and over and over. Oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch and grilled chicken with veggies for dinner. I mean it, that is about the only thing I eat during the week. Once weekend comes I am dieing for something different and go crazy with "bad" food, by Monday my scales are up anywhere from 1 - 5 pounds and it takes me all week of my boreing food to get rid of the weekends gain, just to turn around and do it all again. Can you say self sabotage? I have not made a weekly menu since the beginning of December. I just run through the grocery store every week picking up the things I know I do not have, frozen chicken breast, frozen veggies and salad fixings. I can also now see why my family has become so cranky at meal time. They too are eating the same things for dinner over and over, hamburgers, grilled chicken, french fries and grilled cheese. Why have I done this? I guess because its easy, I don't have to think about what I am cooking, I know what is on my acceptable list and thats what I eat. Well heck I can make almost any recipe "healthy" I have done it with lots of recipes, it just takes some time and thought, DUH! This week I made a menu, and everything on my menu sounds so yummy, like Chicken parmesan and instead of using spaghetti noodles I will use spaghetti squash. Why have I not been doing this .

However, can not blame the whole plateau on the foods, I have to also put the blame on my lack of exercise, but I also blame that on WINTER. But I think I can also blame it on my eating. I think if I am happier with my foods I will be happier when I exercise. Does that make any sense?

At one time in this thread we each would post helpful food ideas off and on, I think if we started doing that again we would all benefit from it. So I will start it off with an idea I got from my low-fat cook book. I don't know the exact calories or anything like that but it is a much healthier version of pizza pockets. Instead of pizza dough use wonton wrappers. Brown and crumble some turkey sausage, add some onions, green peppers, mushrooms, any veggie you want. Lay out a wonton wrapper and put about a tablespoon(maybe less) of no sugar added spaghetti sauce down the middle then a spoonfull of the sausage mixture, wrap it up eggroll style using water on the edges to help seal it. Lightly spray each one with pan spray and pop them into the oven at 400 till browned. I have made these before and they are great.

I also want to tell all of you ladies thank you for holding my hand these last few months. You all are what have kept me going. And Diana thank you so much for your kind words, we will get through this together.
Closed Thread