Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #31  

Good morning.

cal I remeber those days. In fact I remeber being in college and whining about my grades. HHMMMM I wonder if it was b/c I would go out and party and not study. Once i got older I did much better. My focus shifted from drinking to studying. Amazing how teh grades got better.

Noelle it is great to see you. I have never had to take pain meds but my brother did and he siad he can totally see why people get addicted to them. I wouldn't worry about getting hooked. He was on the the whole time he was in the hospital (5 weeks) and then some when he got home and he is fine. It is amazing but he has noneed for them.

I am stuck at home today. Joe took the truck in to work so that he could leave early. We have another pool person coming today. He wanted to be here for that. So, I hve no excuse but to finish my curtain project. I went and got 3 gallons of paint to start our spareroom. I am goin to strip and paint some furniture that we have. I figured we have it so make use of it instead of spending more money on new stuff. I just hope it looks as good and it does in my head.

Cal I would post some picks but I have no idea how to make them smaller. We got a new camera and it isn't as easy as the old one.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #32  

Hey, Karen Good for you!!!!! I love those drops on the scale. Did you take your measurments when you started? I try to do that so just in case the scale doesn't move I can see a diffrence.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Kempyd,
I didn't take my measurements but that is a good idea! I will do that. A friend of mine brought me over the new weight watcher books with the points listings and the slider to calculate. I think even though I am really counting calories I may keep track of my points and see how they compare. Any ideas for weight watchers? Is it kind of difficult to do? I really don't want to join and go to the meetings since the closest meeting is about 25 miles from here. But I thought I would see how it works. Take care. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #34  

Just a quick hello to everyone.

Noelle: I sure hope you are feeling better. We really miss you here. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Kempy: I, too, haven't figured out how to post pictures from my camera. I with I could. Ashley has decided that she wants her room painted. She wants a "Hawaii room"...(whatever that is).

Karen: I've done the WW points thing for a little while. I started it several months ago, but didn't stay with it. I'm back now and hoping to get down a few pounds before our cruise in June. Noelle has done the points also and did very well with it.

Hey Dips: How's school going??

Hello to Cherie, Angie, and anyone else I may have missed.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #35  

Hello Everyone, Well, I did it today-- I finally did the 3 miles Super Fat Burn Walk and then added the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started. Plus the 150 crunches on the ab lounge. I've been wanting to add at least the one mile walk to the 3 miles that I have been doing so felt like today was a good day for it! Now I just want to keep it up through all of this coming week. I figure if I can add a little bit more each week it has to do something good!!

Noelle, it was good to hear from you and will be looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

Everybody take care and I'll catch you later. Karen
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #36  

Man, what a busy weekend we had. I swear it flew by. We did all sorts of things around thhe house. I am so proud of Joe, it got all of it done. I even started to paint the spare room. We ahve a chair rail so I did the bottom one color and I am going to work on the top today. I tis the same color but a tad bit lighter. I really need to see if I can get the camera to work. Or c=should I say I need to figure out how to make them smaller.

Karen you ROCK!! I have been so lazy about hitting the gym. I have been doing thigns but not like I should be. I should take after your example and just go.

I might have a part time job soon. I talked to my realtor and I think of her as a friend now. She said that one of the ladies at the office needed an assistant and she said to her that she would ask me. That would be fine with me. I need soemthing to keep me busy during the day. That way if I have part time I can get a check and still have me time.

Noelle I hope you are feeling better today and can come out and play.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #37  

I just finished the 1st coat of paint and I am beat. I want to kill the person that thought it was a good idea to texture the walls and ceilings. I couldn't just cut in a normal line I had to be VERY slow and then go back over the same spot and dipple in the paint to make it go into all of the lower areas. ARGH!! I still need to put on a second coat and I am keeping my fingers crossed that is goes faster.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #38  

THE SUN IS OUT!!!!! Yeah! I have not seen it since Thursday of last week. It is nice outside. A little chilly but I am not complaining.

I am trying to get myself moving to head to the gym. Karen you are my motivation for today. Now that I am finished painting the room I don't have a reason not to go. I am going to turn that room into a mini workout room. I have an extra tv and dvd player so I thought it would be nicer to set it up in there than do it in the living room. I ahve never had a space like that before.

What is going on today? Am I the only one running this show now?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #39  

Good Morning, Kempyd, you must have stollen our sun because today we have snow and cold again!! We are supposed to warm up again by Friday though.

Yesterday I did the 3 mile super fat burn walk and then I added the one mile muscle mile one and also my 150 crunches. I plan to continue with the 4 miles this week and then hopefully make it 5 miles next week! I am going to try to up the crunches too--- just haven't figured out if I want to do 25 or 50 more yet. Guess I'll just have to see when I start it how it goes.

I am so anxious for Springtime to get here. Of course once all this snow starts melting we are going to have a real mess with mud!

You have a good day and we'll chat later.

Where is everyone else???? Karen
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #40  

Well Karen, the sun is gone again. I have no idea what happened. I guess the front that is coming through covered it up.

Do you do any other sort of exercise for your abs. I don't know if you know this but your muscles have memory. If you do too many of one thing they will get used to it and stop responding the way they should.

I went to the gym and walked for 45 mins. Joe wants me to go with him tonight so I fugured while he was on the bike for 25 mins i would hit the elliptical. I love working out with him b/c he pushes me and he always does moves that I forget about.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #41  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I'm back in the office. Kempy, Karen and Cal, thanks for keeping the thread going. I was sooo having withdrawals from you guys. It shows too because over the weekend I felt like I wanted to snack non-stop. I didn't go to weigh in on Fri or Sat. because I couldn't drive. I am trying to rein myself in this week so I can at least show a maintain and NOT a gain. If I do though, I can use PMS and the surgery as an excuse right? You should see my leg--it's still swollen and much bigger than the right side, it's comical!

I went through my first Starbucks drive-thru this morning. I am walking w/one crutch and am off my pain meds, but I didn't want to have to get out of the car and have difficulty carrying my coffe and opening the door with one hand, etc.... plus I'm lazy right? I went to my first therapy session yesterday and it was almost brutal. I had to ice my knee down something fierce yesterday. Well, as luck would have it when I can finally go up and down the stairs my home computer is acting up so I can't get online. I think it finally may be on it's last legs. I am going shopping for a new laptop though so I'm not totally heartbroken.

We have been having some chilly weather here during the day, sometimes not even up to 75 some days. That's weird. The sun is out now though and it's nice and cool. Hope you guys can get some sun where you are.

Karen, congrats on your 3 lbs lost! You are doing great with all that exercise too.

Kempy, it's always fun to have your husband tweak your memory w/moves you forgot about That's great about the p/t job. How soon will you start?

Cal, I use a photo program I downloaded for free to resize some of my pictures. I will look it up and see if I can find the name of it. It is pretty easy to use and then you can upload your pics here.

Well, it's my first day back so I guess I better get some work done. Chat later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #42  

Hehe Noelle I didn't think about it that way.

Did you happen to watch Rules of Engagment last night? I really like that show.

When you find the site you downloaded post it. I want to get it too. I was looking on my puter and the only thing they offer is shutterbug and I really don't want to download everything to that.

I don't know if I have the job actually. My realtor just said that her co-worker might still have an opening. I am not really getting myself worked up, it will happen if it is meant to be.

It is good to hear that you are out and about. Do they think this will be what fixes your knee?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #43  

Hi everyone, I've been missing in action again. Trying get caught up on how everyone's doing.

Noelle, I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you, but glad your back. I've been going to the WW meetings, but seem to be playing with the same couple of pounds. Still having trouble getting motivated with the exercise thing. I long for the day when exercise used to be such a habit, that if I missed a day, it felt like something was missing from my day. Unfortunately, those days have been long gone for a while.

Karen, Hi. I've been on this site for about six months now, off and on. These ladies are the greatest, but I'm sure you've already figured that out. A little about myself: married 18 years, 24 year old son, 15 year old daughter, and one two year old granddaughter (who is the light of my life) with another grandchild on the way. Oh yeah, and I can't forget my baby, my 3 year old Pomeranian named Nala. She's all black with a little white patch on her chest. I agree with Kemp, you are the motivator right now. keep up the good work.

Kemp, sounds like things are going good with the house. I'd love to have a mini-workout room. I started to have one of those when I first got married, but it became my junk room, and now is my daughter's room. My workout room didn't last too long.

Dips, I hope school is going good for you.

Cal, how's your foot healing?

well, better go for now.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #44  

Hi cwneeds2lose, Nice to meet you.. I agree with you this is a really great group. I feel like we have been friends forever. So you have a pomeranian too!! I love mine to pieces and they are both spoiled. Ginger the red one, I got in July of 2004 from the local shelter. She just turned 4 on January 9. And Sissy, my sable one I rescued from a puppy mill in December of 2005. She will be 3 on July 12 this year. They each have their own car seat and I just got a stroller for them (ME!) a couple weeks ago. I am hoping that one of these days it will quit snowing and I can join the walking group in Woodland Park!
It's nice of you to think of me a a motivator because I really have never been and that just motvates me more! It's nice how that works!

Noelle, glad that you are feeling better. I know that you will be up and going again in no time.

We have a sun room off of our bedroom and I have my treadmill and ab lounge in there. I love it because I can be in there and watch the deer and elk when they go past our house. I have several pictures of deer that like to tease Ginger and Sissy through the fence because they know they can't get out!

Hi Cal, I too am looking forward to not having all this weight by Summer time. I first made my goal date of June 15th but have changed it now to July 1. We usually go on vacation in June but I think we are going to go later this year. I hope I am down at least to a reasonable weight by then. I'm still going to shoot for 125 though!!

Well, guess I'll close for tonight. Take care, Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #45  

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES!! It is a balmy 1 degree here this morning! I have already received a phone call from my oldest brother this morning asking me how it feels to be officially a "senior citizen" today!!! I told him GREAT now I can get all the senior discounts at the stores!!!

I hope all of you have really great days today! And enjoy!

Take care, Karen