Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #76  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Kemp, nothing exciting from me except I can walk pretty much without the assistance of a crutch or cane--pretty exciting huh? I just sent pictures of Lulu, a dog belonging to Lost director Jack Bender who was at the shoot yesterday. She hangs out with the crew. According to my sister, the scene shot yesterday was done with the character "Juliet" (Elizabeth Mitchell). I don't watch the show so I'm not in the know.

Thanks for mentioning taxes...I just found a document I needed for my interest dividends so I can bring everything to our accountant. I hate doing taxes

Anywho, here at work trying to get motivated to do something.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Ladies!
I have to say when I got on the scales this morning I was very HAPPY!!! I lost another 4 pounds! When I first started on this I was at 189 on January 1, so that makes it a 15 pound loss so far!! I know my ticker says start weight at 185 but that was what I was at when I found 3FC! I have never got this far before and I know it is because that I have all you ladies to cheer me on! I've lost 10 or 12 before but have never hit the 15 pound loss. So now I'm really motivated to keep going and I know that with the help and encouragement from all of you I'm going to lose the last 49 pounds that I need to.

So now I need to get busy and go WALK, WALK, WALK!!

Have a GREAT DAY!! Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

Way to go Karen!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #79  

What a great job Karen!

You are doing great. i told you that you weremy motivation. Now you know why.

I actually woke up earlier than I normally do and Joe and I went to the gym. It felt good too. I had to work for about 2 hours but now I am done for the day. I have to return a few things to the mall but I am not complaining about that at all.

Anyone else have anything fun planned today or over the weekend?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #80  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies...whew, I am beat! I just endured 3.5 hrs of P/T. I went to my WI this morning and get this, gained 2 lbs -- but I had to eat breakfast before I went so I could take my pain medication before therapy, which was right after the WI. I was bummed, but really, my leader said that since I ate before I weighed in, I could now eat before each WI and track my results like that. Whatever... made sense, but it doesn't make me feel better. But there was no way I was going to P/T w/out my meds Oh well, I just have to do better next week and eat right after WI.

Kempy, it's me and Rick's 12th anniversary on Sunday so we are probably going out to dinner and a show tomorrow so we can sleep in on Sunday. I can't believe we made it to 12 years, we've been at each other's throats lately There's an ebb and flow to everything right? The main thing I guess is that we keep finding each other again. I have no idea what I'm going to get him as a gift yet. I have to sneak around the mall and go shopping.

Well, that's all around here.

Karen, I forgot to ask you, what did you think of American Idol last night? Any favorites yet? I like Lakisha for the girls, and Phil for the guys. The girls are in such a different league than the boys though... what do you think?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #81  

Good morning girls. It is a balmy Saturday out. It is a good day to clean the house. Joe went to a local resturant where he met the owner and is now friends with him. He went over there last night and had their crawfish and said that they were not good. So, the owner asked if he would go over there this morning to teach them how to do it. That is just up Joe's alley.

Noelle that is great that you guys have been together 12 years. I remember some of the "issues" that you 2 have had. Joe and I have had ours too. But, that is what makes marriage fun and diffrent. I think that if it was the same thing day inand day out it would be boring. At least both of you have grown together and that is what it is all about. I think back to when we first got married and we are both so diffrent now. All of the things we have been through have brought us closer. I cam only imagine what is going to happen in the future. Do you know what the traditional gift for 12 years is? (silk or linen, I just checked) Maybe you can find him something made form that. I try to do that for Joe, I think it is fun.

Karen did you have any idea what the 3 secrets they revealed where the other night on Lost? I watched and had no clue. I was still not sure what was going on. Of course, I am going to watch this week but I wanted to see if you had figured it out.

Joe and I have a deal going on that we both lose 10 lbs by March 24th. We are going back to Ponchy to visit and we both want to get back to there. Well, last night I told him that I broke down and had a few chocolate covered pecans and now he is trying to make a bet with me. Does he think I am stupid? He always loses more than I do so there is no way that I am going to fall for that. I am just going to work hard to make it and let him do his own thing. Boy, he sure is competitive sometimes.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #82  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning So what's on tap for Saturday? I am going to go shopping and hopefully find some nice gift for Rick. Kempy, I was thinking about getting him some silk boxers or maybe a linen shirt. Or if I can't find anything on short notice, just grab a new set of silk sheets that we can both enjoy.

That is cool about Joe doing the restaurant thing, there's nothing worse than wanting to eat something you really like and it just isn't the way it should be. Good luck on your 10 lb challenge. I think Joe should have to lose an additional 5 lbs to make the challenge fair. Have you seen that commercial where the cartoon lady says something like "My husband and I switched to diet soda and I lost 1 lb, he lost 10!" It's for a diet pill I think.

Think I'll get some laundry done today. I'll let you guys know later what i end up buying for a gift. I hope I can find something good.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

I had to come back and say that we went to see the movie Ghost Rider last night. My gawd! Nicholas Cage has a great body! I never thought of him as handsome (because I still remember him from Peggy Sue Got Married or Raising Arizona) but this man has definitely gotten hotter with age. Oh, pretty entertaining movie and I thought it was OK for an 8 y.o. to watch (mine anyway).
Old 02-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #84  

Good Morning!
I didn't do the WATP's yesterday but I just finished today! So it looks like I only have about 78 minutes left on my exercise ticker to meet my goal for February. I feel pretty good about that.

Noelle, I'm not real sure about the American Idols yet!! But I do like Lakisha and Phil also. And I really like that guys voice who has the really "FUZZY" hair! I can't remember his name. I don't think by his looks that I would call him an Idol though!! I think in the next couple of weeks the guys had better step it up or they may as well just go home now!

I have no idea what the 3 secrets were in Lost!! And I've been watching it since day one!! Good Luck to you on the 10 pound challenge!! That sounds like fun! I couldn't do that with Tim though--- he is 5'11" and weighs a great big 142 !! If he lost 10 pounds he would blow away!! But yet he is the one who has the high cholesterol and high blood pressure!! My blood pressure is always on the LOW normal side. In fact, when they check mine they say we know you are alive because you are sitting here!! He's been having to take blood pressure meds for about 10 years now.

Well, I decided to put a turkey breast in the crock pot this morning and it is really smelling good! I can make turkey sandwiches with the leftovers for his lunch and mine.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day and I'll catch you later.
Karen
Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #85  

I had a nice relaxing weekend....until today, that is. Ashley was playing this morning with a friend who spent the night last night. I had her get ready for church and we went. As we were leaving she said her head hurt and I noticed that she looked like she didn't feel well. When we got home I took her temp and it was 102. I gave her some tylenol and she went to bed. She said she was so cold (the fever I know) and she just wanted to stay in bed. I looked at her throat just now and she has white spots....that means strep. I guess I'll be taking her to the dr tomorrow. My neighbor said that strep is going around at her school. Her fever is down a little now (100.9), but we'll see how she does tonight.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #86  

Good morning. I don't have to help at the office today so i am going to take my butt to the gym and then do my taxes. I have put them off long enough.

Karen I said it once and I will say it again, you are so much of a motivator to me. I just don't know how you can get yourself to do all of those minutes each month. I really should take a lesson from you. What stinks about the 10lbs thing is I am holding water right now so I think I am gaining. I am just going to tkeep drinking that water and telling myself it is ok.

Cal I am so sorry for Ashley. I had strep once and I hated having the doc test for it. I thought I was going to lose it all over her. I hope she feels better soon. I know being around mom when you don't feel good always helps.

We work in the yard all weekend. surprise, surprise. Karen I am usually MIA this time of year. We do lots of yard work and we love it. That is our thing. I planted flowers and I bought 2 ferns for by the front door. I had to leave all of my plants with my friend in LA so I need to start the process all over again. I know that she will take good care of them though. She has always rented homes so she never really got any plants. So, I am helping her out in that department.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #87  

Good Morning,
I had to change my exercise ticker this morning from 1600 to 1800 minutes!! I did the WATP for 6 miles this morning. I just decided to add another mile and if I can do it again tomorrow OK if not, I'll still do the 5 miles. I think that I will change the exercise ticker to miles for next month. I'm thinking that I should at least be able to do 125 miles in the month of March. I hope! I haven't done any of them with the weights yet--- maybe I will try adding that in once I get comfortable with the extra miles.

Kempyd, I jealous that you are planting flowers and such all ready!! We still have 2 foot snow drifts in the yard and this morning when I got up it was 5 degrees!! Now they are talking about another storm coming in on Wednesday night. I'm wondering if all this snow will even be gone in MAY!!!

Better get busy-- I've got laundry going and need to get that finished up. Talk to you all later. Karen
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #88  

Karen don't be too jealous. You will be having wonderful temps and we will be boiling. That is why I am usually in the yard this time of year. I have the windows open right now too. I wonder when the humidity is coming though.

I finally finsihed the taxes. I got the state donw too so now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the money. I love getting money back but it stinks at the same time. The government has had my money for the year and paid no intrest onit but if we owe, WATCH OUT!! We have to pay intrest and penalties. Now that just doesn't sound fair.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #89  

I actually woke up at a normal hour and I am dressed to go to the gym. I wanted to pop on before I left. The 10lbs thing is not going too well but then again, I just started today. So, maybe it will be water weight. I will TAKE THAT! I am giong to do my 45 mins again today. I sat in front of the puter all day yesterday so maybe today I will get more things done.

For some reason the dogs do not want to go outside today. I let them out and htey just stand there and look at me. I have no idea what that is about. I am going to let them stay in while I go to the gym and maybe they will change their minds once I get back.

I hope to see everyone post today.

I had emailed Angie a few weeks back and I still have not heard from her. I hope she is ok.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM   #90  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. I just rolled out of bed and thought I'd hop on here before starting my day. I am going to try and stay off the computer while at work because I seem to get stuck on it and then not get any work done

Well, our anniversary dinner was nice even though we were late for our reservations--heavy rain and terrible traffic (we left an hour early), and when we got there no parking . We parked at the next hotel and walked over. The food was good though. You know, I went shopping and hunted high and low for something to get for Rick--we were together-- then he walks into a surf store and finds a SKATEBOARD. We just bought Michael one for his b-day and Rick wanted one so he could ride with him. So that's what he got. Not anything silk, linen or any sort of gemstone....a freakin' skateboard. Well, I waited til the last minute and it was something he really wanted, so that's what he got I know, crazy huh? I hope he doesn't injure himself.

I have been thinking about Angie too. I wonder if things are just too hectic for her right now. Miss ya girl, pop in if you can.

Karen, that is awesome about your exercise goal and shooting for more in March. WOW! And all indoors! I am really impressed by that. I am an outdoor walker (when I used to be able to ) and I really struggled with the days the weather was bad. You are amazing!

Cal, how are you doing today? Is Ashley feeling any better?

Kempy, hey, thanks for still chatting it up here while you're in your gardening mode. I remember you used to go MIA some seasons Oh yeah, I feel ya on the taxes! We have had to owe for the past few years so I always wait to file until the last minute. Let them wait some more for more of my money.

Anyway, hope you all have a stress-free day . Off to get ready.