Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #106  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Hope u feel better soon Val, I went thru that it stuck around for @ 2 weeks.. Alka seltzer plus for colds seemed to kick it outta me! Decided I am giving up all sugar for lent this will be a long 40 days

I am half way thru my training! thank goodness I am growing tired of getting up at 5 am!!!!

Hopefully I will get back down the road soon enough to make it to my class tonight... Have a great day!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #107  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hi Ladies,

Well, I havent' been posting very well either..... but I've been reading . A week ago I was going to post my new official weight. I was so happy lol... 234.5..... now I'm not . I'm back up to 238. I just totally lost control. Eating sweets, sugar, greasy oily potato chips, anything and everything that I know full well I should not be eating. Yesterday was the pinnacle for me. I had McD's ... a big ol QPw/cheese and a large FF. Granted I have not had any fast food for maybe 6 months (Thank goodness for living in the boonies- 1 1/2 hours to any of them, hehehe)... and I have been craving it. Now it's over.

My weight is as high as it's EVER been on my scale and it's time to find that place in my head where I can dive in and overcome this addicition. I have exercises I can do without equipment, and the support of my friend- who is a trainer at the gym. I'm getting rid of the bike. I'm not using it, and it hurts my back when I do..... I don't need it. I need to get off my lazy patootie and get serious again. I'm going to focus on the sweets, the sugar, the fried fatty cholestorol laden, artery blocking foods- for today.... then I'll look at tomorrow and do the same

One doughnut at a time, one chocolate truffle at a time, One day at a time.... one pound at a time....

Petra~ I hope your family visit is going great!!! If you pop in to read the board to you.

Val~ Once again keep up the good work. *sending chicken broth and healing vibes to ya* Feel better soon!!!

Curly~ Half over!! Yayyy!! Are you enjoying the change? It'll all be sooo worth it! And congrats on the loss again!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Love, Dee
Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #108  

Thanks for the well wishes. This cold is really kicking my ***. I'm taking off work again tomorrow.

Dee I don't know what to say to you. I've been having trouble controling my eating also. You really just need to find the motivation within yourself. Do you sleep ok? I think I have sleep apnea and that being tired all the time may cause me to overeat and crave sugary foods.

I've moved my ticker up another 2 pounds. Hopefully that will go down soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #109  
Remember Why I'm Here

Thanks Val,

I'm searching hard today. I have to post, to be accountable. I'll tell my boss again too. She's compassionate, but firm when I grab for the cinnamon roll or chips. LOL She'll set me straight in a heartbeat- but in a nice way... steer me to the produce aisle water instead of pastries.

As for sleep, no I don't sleep well. My back aches all night, Lee keeps me awake cuz I snore and wake him up. Last year when I had the implants in my palate, the doctor suggested I do a sleep study cuz he suspected I may have some apnea, but with no insurance that's out of the question. I know tho, that my weight has a huge effect on the snoring, the back pain and the possible apnea. Just one more reason identified for getting serious

I guess I'm hoping this will be the time it works. Kind of like my smoking. I tried many many times over many years to quit.... and every single time I failed, until the last time. I have not had a cigarette in 2 1/2 years now.

expect more of me, as I work to have less of me .
Old 02-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #110  
Staying in 1derland!

Dee... U need FIBER u need to find stuff to eat that will fill ur tummy up super full, like when u are hungry eat a can of green beans, or a bowl of oatmeal w/0 sugar ... just tell yourself when u are hungry ... u are gonna eat, but make sure what ever u eat is something that is going to be of some benefit to you and will keep u satisfied... like a huge salad and lots of protein! Protein makes you feel satisfied much longer than other foods... YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #111  
Remember Why I'm Here

ty Curly, that is great advice. I have been working on the protien idea... a piece of string cheese or HB egg or a slice of turkey or RB, or drinking some Lightfull... with 6g of fibre and 6g of protein- 90 cals..... my problem (not my excuse any longer) is that I eat for no reason at all.... or for any reason, but mostly NOT because of hunger. So feeling full is not the issue. Getting my emotional triggers under control is... and as of this moment I'm aware of it and today (tomorrow and the next day and the next day), I will remain aware. This will help. Thank youuuuuuuuu
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #112  
Staying in 1derland!

I hear ya dee.. and that was my issue as well ... i just ate becuz... so i started out saying ok when i eat just CUZ i am gonna make it something healthy and eventually u get to the point where u can get it under control or u are so full from bulky stuff there just inst any room... also u get to a point where u cant stand that full feeling anymore...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #113  
Remember Why I'm Here

That's pretty much what I did today Curly.... If I felt like eating I tried some 3 grain oatmeal (yukkkkyyy, I'll stick with regular oatmeal next time lol), string cheese, soup, water, or a lightfull . (Heh, that's a lotta "hunger"). I had a low cal/low carb wheat bagle for lunch with a piece of cheese & diet juice.... i felt almost helpless against the potato chips one of the guys offerd me but I didn't do it!!!! I broke tho, and inhaled a cookie on the way home in the privacy of my car. That WILL NOT happen again. And I had some way hi-fiber spaghetti and sauce, cottage cheese, a grilled cheese sammie and 1/2 orange for dinner. AND 2 sugarless candies for dessert.... Not the best day I've ever had, but much better than recent past . I feel good.

Alla you PIC's have a wonderful day...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #114  
Staying in 1derland!

I think u did great!!!!! your focus right now is getting things under control... dont worry about quantity ... as long as you are eating something healthy! 1 cookie is sooooooooooo much better than spiraling outta control and having like a box of cookies... dont beat yourself up for the one cookie.. in fact make a deal with yourself... "if everything else i eat through the day is healthy.. I will allow myself 1 cookie... however, its just 1 cookie no more...

this worked for me .. Now I will be honest there are still days when I feel like if i dont have a tiny portion of something sweet i wont make it thru the day... but i figure I am much better off indulging myself with ONE of something then going back to being totally outta control and snacking all day... sugar free jello seems to fill that sweet void for me and only 10 calories!!

u are doing GREAT!! keep up the good work!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #115  
Remember Why I'm Here

Thank you Curly! I really needed someone to tell me I'm doing OK. (And even a cheerleader smiley!!!!) I'm really trying to work on the healthy focus. It hadn't really occured to me to ease up on myself about portion sizes. I've really been hard (disgusted) on myself for it. I'm doing great on the sweets tho. Right now I've cut so far back ( on the "obvious" sugars anyways)... I got some beef jerky for my ride home from work. We'll see how long that can replace that ol' cookie hehehehe...

So anyways Ladies- off topic- to. We have something that's getting at the cats ... all 3 of the young cats have come home in the last week with some sort of (minor) injury to their rear quarters... first we thought maybe a kid was using a bb gun, but last nite I heard a helluva fight, and KC came home bleeding. He's eating and drinking. But we aren't able to see the wound yet. Keeping a close eye on him as he's not gone outside since. It's heartbreaking to see him in pain, and I know he's hurting.

It's raining cats and dogs here the last couple days. I can't complain too much, we really need it. How are all of you doing? Val, is it still winter there? Curly, How bout you? Any sign of your spring yet? Petra, How's your visit going?

Much love to you all!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #116  
Staying in 1derland!

I woke up this morning and at first couldnt figure out what day it is.. hahaha then realized it was sunday... thank goodnesss!

i love beef jerky!! and one of my fav bulky snacks is one of those big dill pickles... and also I drink big cups of hot tea with a lot of equal in them when they find out that stuff will kill ya I am a gonner!

But u do hit a point where things just dont taste good to u anymore like pasta & potatoes for me... if u can just re-train your mind to say YUCK when u see them... ehhh hasnt worked for cookies for me yet tho

At first I found it hard to believe the study that found that if u are not sleeping your 8 hours u are not gonna lose weight no matter how OP you stay ... BUT I have seen it in action when i dont sleep well I just dont lose!!

Val- that cold got me also I think it lasted @ 2 weeks... but I still am having a lil bit of nagging cough still... Have u tried the alka seltzer cold medicine? I used that the 2nd week and think I went thru a bottle of nyquil the first weekend!

DEE_ u think maybe a racoon? or possum is after ur kitties? They cleared the woods next to me and now I have these 3 HUGE BIG HEADED.. ferals chasing my outdoor kitties all over the place and stealing their food.. they are really mean looking!

I bet Petra has made all kinds of good food while her family is there... maybe she could email us some!!!

OH YEAH its still winter... this morning the ground is covered with little balls of sleet/snow mix
Old 02-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #117  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hiya Girls,

We have been a very quiet bunch this week! How are you all? Anyone heard anything from Angel? I miss her

I don't have any major news to report. I have not had a potato chip in a week now!!! I guess that is pretty major, huh? And the sugar thing is still going good too. No cookies I'm thinking that after taking Curlys thoughts, and making the decision that I can have a cookie if I really really want ONE- I don't really want it lmao!!!

It's a new week and this week I'm going to work on my side dishes and portions.

We have been having freaky weather here too! Sun, hail, rain, sun, rain, dark dark sky, hail....... It just got really really dark and started raining with maybe a little snowey/hailey stuff mixed in. brrrrrrrrrrrr

Cats are doing ok... KC is still very sore. He is letting us pet him nearer to his wounds (which we have not been able to look at clearly yet), but he will not lift his tail- nor can we lift it for him. He's not near as lethargic tho now. Sam's wounds are healing too. They don't seem to bother him in the slightest. I don't know what we have out there. One man I talked to says based on how my kitties are hurt he thinks it's a juvenile mt lion or bobcat. I'm a little skeptical due to the fact that all 3 cats got away. 3 nights ago tho I got woke up by the neighbors dogs going crazy, and a very loud cat fight (or whatever)... I didn't see Jack til last night. I was soooo worried. I cried when he came in lol.

anyhoooooo.... you all have a lovely day.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #118  

Hi Dee & Curly,

Sorry I've been MIA. I came down with the stomach flu yesterday. I was throwing up so much and couldn't keep any water down so the doctor prescribed Tigan suppositories. They seem to be helping a bit but I still can't eat.

On a good note (not really) I have a 2600 calories deficit as I haven't anything stay down
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #119  
Remember Why I'm Here

((((((Val)))))) I hope your feeling much better real soon.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #120  
Staying in 1derland!

hope u feel better soon val!!!! sending healing vibes.... I am here just perpetually worn out... I am looking forward to the end of training!!!
Closed Thread