Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #91  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Hi PIC's,

Petra~ hey you!! It's wonderful to see you posting today. Ya know, I really think you put into words what I've been feeling forever. It shouldn't be so blasted hard! But, it is. So we work at it. And sometimes I suppose we just need a break. You are going thru major life changes right now. I'm proud to know you for all you have accomplished.

Val~ GJ on those 4 days!!! You acknowledged your "ooops", and now you move on! ! ~ LOL I have a visual of your dog lol... Is it Boogie? Maybe they make lil doggie mittens for cold walks

Curly~ Thanks for the motivation!

ANGEL?!?!?!?! Come out come out whereever you are!

I'm doing ok too.... not getting on that bike enough yet. I made a menu (dinner only) plan for the week and we're actually following it. It really seems to help. LOL I know- if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Someday I'll realize once and for all it's true. This morning I was down 2.5 from my last weigh in... but I'm not changing anything just yet. It was an illegal mid week weighin hehehehe.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My sister and her family are coming to visit in a little over a week. I went out to B&N tonight and got some info about stuff to visit in the area. Should be interesting. My brother in law is a great cook. I wonder who will be cooking that week?

Well, it is past my bedtime and I am beat. Talk to you ladies later.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #93  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

oh geez........ i wrote this really long post and it just poofed... ok here it is in short form:

i am feeling everyones pain... i ate on program to the morsel... and what do i have to show for it?? i am up 2 lbs however i just drank 2 huge cups of tea before weighing so maybe its tea weight?

i am getting bronchitis and i dont wanna pay the deductible on an insurance that i wont have after 2/28... anyone have any extra antibiotics??? lol

so yesterday really sucked came home after work only wanting to get in my fuzzy pjs and sleep and found i was outta oil so went back out bought 5 gallons to make it thru the night ... now today gotta go to the oil company and plunk down $500 cuz they are so independent now they want cash upfront!

my landlord has the place up for sale......... STRESSSSSSS???????????? all this and a new job? i am not sressed!

just keep repeating my motto:Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #94  

That's a good motto Curly.

I had a reasonably good day. Decided to check out a few new stores in the area. I went to a health food store and was delighted to find some things I haven't seen since I left PA like greek yogurt and ground buffalo. The people who own/operate the store believe in that blood type diet thing and were trying to pursuade me to buy certain items based on my blood type. I don't put too much stock in that theory although I got the little book on my blood type just ot appease them. It's interesting, most of the things that are supposedly "highly beneficial" for me I tend to like and most of the things I"m supposed to avoid I naturally don't like, with a few exceptions. I wonder how much these diets differ from blood type to blood type. I also went to a meat store. They had some fish varieties I haven't seen elsewhere and also sell some frozen prepared foods which can be convenient. I got some prepared roast beef that was frozen which could be convenient somewhere down the line. Vegetable options continue to be limited but I hear there is a nice store in Mobile, AL (about 1 hour from me) that has a great selection. I'm planning to go over there sometime in the next month or so and check it out. That would be quite a hike for regular grocery shopping but I could probably justify it once a month. I'm trying.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:47 AM   #95  
Staying in 1derland!

i see that the fda has approved a lower strength xenical to be sold over the counter for weight loss ... ehhh think i would have to pass on that but heres a link if anyone wants to have a look it will be called alli
http://www.myalli.com
Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #96  

I'm with you on that one Curly. I eat way too much fat to try that medication.

I got my taxes done yesterday. That was an ordeal but I am getting a nice fat refund from the federal government. I owe the state of MS a few dollars but that's okay. Didn't accomplish much else yesterday unfortunately.

Today hasn't been too bad at work for a Monday and I'm on vacation next week. I have family coming to visit. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #97  

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking of xenical. I need something to give the the extra push to start loosing weight. I don't know about those side effects.

I had a good day today with a 1000 calorie deficit. I'm really hoping to hit 50 pounds lost (for the second time) this friday!

We had a huge winter storm here today. The snow is so pretty!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #98  
Staying in 1derland!

haha I can get the same effect of Xenical .. by eating 3 pcs of sugar free candy and washing it down with some hot tea...talk about a colon cleanser... TMI i guess

hmmm i got on my scale and all it said today was "LO" does that mean I have lost too much weight???? A girl can dream huh? But I am wondering if perhaps thats why I have not lost any weight but have been OP to the last drop for the past week.. guess I better get some batteries cuz I know I cant live without my scale!

Geez Val I keep asking u to take back your weather... we dont want it over here on the east coast... ice snow, and its 19 outside now with a wind chill of 8!!!!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Petra hope you have a great visit with your family...

Dee how is the biking coming along? I have really slacked, no LWE or yoga for 2 weeks tho I am gonna try to make it to LWE today...

I am just so worn out by 6 that I am falling asleep by 7 pm, mon-weds I am driving for 3-4 hrs per day then sitting in class for 8 hrs so when I finally get down the road all I want is my jammies & hot tea... also have been fighting this URI that just doesnt wanna go away...

COME ON SPRING... I AM SO SICK OF WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone had a happy valentines day!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #99  

Looks like it has been a little slow on this board lately. I think I had a "come to Jesus" moment as they say down here. I was talking to a patient yesterday who was making all kinds of excuses about his addiction....if only this or that in his life were better he would stop. I had a frank talk with him about addictions and that no matter how good his life gets, he will still have to work his program, and struggle with it every day of his life and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself too. I keep waiting for things to get "easier" here for me so that I can get back OP and you know what. I'm just making excuses. Time to clean out the fridge and stop this. I even considered whether I should try going to OA since I completely buy into the addiction model but I'm not sure I would fit in there. I think I may just need to tell more people around me what my issue is which will help me be more accountable. My poor family is going to have to put up with me while I detox off sugar again.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #100  
Staying in 1derland!

Yeah the scale wasnt any nicer with new batteries either!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #101  

Sorry Curly. Menopause stinks!!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #102  
Staying in 1derland!

HAPPY DANCE!!! 237 this morning!!!.....:

Anyone up for an easter challenge?

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-18-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #103  

Sure as long as it isn't too complicated.

I'm now on day two of sugar free living again and I have to say I think I"m a little depressed. Funny how it has that effect on you. I took a nap this afternoon and I can't remember the last time I did that. I haven't gotten my carbs back down to 40/day again but I am getting the sugar out. One thing at a time I figure.

I'm re-reading The Thin Commandments. That is an awesome book. I should just keep it on my bedside table.

My sister and her family should be here late tonight. They should be in the air right now. I have the beds all ready. Hope this is a fun week for everybody. Kobe is getting his teeth cleaned tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #104  
Staying in 1derland!

Yeah the thin commandments was an awesome book... i need to find a copy for myself.. When i read it i just borrowed it from the library. I have been on a clean up mission this weekend as well ... well i am making slow progress.. I did get the kitchen done... then the ADD kicks in and i move onto another project.

I am hoping to tackle the living room and bedroom today.... The weather man says a high of 50 tomorrow I am soooo ready for spring!!!

Enjoy your visit with the family Petra... one step at a time and u will get the sugar kicked!!

Val & Dee how is your weekend comming along?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #105  

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a couple days. I've been eating well but haven't exercised because I have a really bad cold. I'm taking work off again tomorrow but hopefully I'll be feeling better by thursday.
Closed Thread