Old 01-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #31  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Good morning, all. Rainy Saturday here in Tokyo. Very cold too, may be snow on the outskirts.... Ok, weather report aside, my cold took what seemed to be a miraculous turn for the better last night, which makes it seem that it was brought on by the good things I've been doing to my body, not the bad. Right now, there is NO runny nose, no congestion in my head, just a bit in my chest. Bizarre! Let's hope it continues to get better. It's been a week on the fresh vegetable juice and that is potent stuff. I have good energy but don't feel I look that much better. (Sigh.) Oh, well, just a week. The stress at work is horrible. Last night I needed three people to talk me out of quitting right then and there. I was so disgusted with things. It's the higher-ups, absolutely clueless and out of touch with reality. (Deeper sigh.) In any case, let's hope I can carry on. The challenges keep me coming in here. Last night, I had tea instead of beer mostly due to the challenges and then I came home and though it was late, got down and did the crunches, only because I hated to take a pause and ruin my perfect record. Cheers.

On a weight note, my weight is not bad. It shows a slight creep downward, but I can't get excited about it because I was doing so good back in November, when I hit 67.6 kgs before ruining it and going back up to around 71. Now, it looks to be hovering around 69, which isn't bad, but, like I said, I won't be happy till I get below my last low. Am I being too hard on myself? I feel I'll never get anywhere....

dj -- You're doing so well. I'm so happy to hear that. It's a major step to have made peace with those you know whats! Good work!

sweet -- Glad to hear you've been keeping up with the challenges, albeit stealth. Yeah, no Ben and Jerrys here either, though I do have two Bens at work, without Jerry I guess they're not dangerous. You asked about how going off sugar has affected me....it's hard to say because I have gone off it so much that I forget what really being on the stuff whole hog does to me, but let me think...I guess the big thing is the energy and the lack of cravings. I can go all day without any sort of craving, whereas when I'm eating sugar it just leads to more. There are no marked energy dips. Everything is more stable and I am more focused. And skinwise, I don't have the puffiness that comes from too much processed sugar. I immediately notice a tightening up a couple days totally off the stuff. And, I remember you asked about sweeteners. No, I don't eat any sweeteners either. When I want something sweet I go for really sweet fruit. It's amazing how your taste buds change and become sensitized to natural sweetness after being off the crack!

jolly -- I'm glad you made it past those rough spots and wish you luck getting through the circuit despite the sleep disturbance brought on by your playful pup!

CB -- Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the eating, but take heart in the fact that you are doing better with the water. Thanks for the get well wishes. They seem to have been heard! And hang in there!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #32  
Never give up

Well, actually, my weight nudged under 69 kgs this morning so I am at 68.6. That is only 1 kg (2.2 lbs) above my recent low and so that makes me feel better...I guess....I feel fat and ugly though today. My cold isn't as good as I thought....oh, that I would get some good news, something to cheer me up. Think I'll head to the gym later today (riding was rained out) and try to get some endorphins stirred up. Wish me luck...
Old 01-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #33  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I'm new here...name's Hpnotq. I'm 23 and have been married to Rick since June 2004. I'm starting with a simple challenge. For 21 days I'll have no Dr Pepper at all. This is huge for me since I usually drink Dr Pepper like it's water. Today could officially be day 1, but since I'm just now announcing it, I'll count it from tomorrow. I look forward to getting to know all of you
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #34  
Never give up

Welcome Hpnotq!! That sounds like a great challenge. Best of luck! I hope to hear lots from you. Will you make that a level 1, 2, or 3?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #35  
Follow Me to Onederland!

I'm gonna make it a Level 1...but not so much cause I feel like it'll be easy but more because I really want to get rid of DrPepper altogether. I know it's no good for me. I was gonna cut out all soda, but I think that's too extreme this early in the game.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #36  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Oh and by the way...thanks for the enthusiastic welcome!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 AM   #37  

It's summertime here and I'm enjoying being outside. That means I'm not spending much time inside on the puter. Frankly it's better for me. I spend far too much time in here when I love being out in the fresh air!!!

Today I went for my walk and then went to the supermarket and bought some chicken and salad and wine. Lovely!!! Really enjoyed it. I also did some dancing tonight which ws fantastic. Hope my legs aren't too sore tmrw

30 minutes intentional exercise, level 3
10 days completed, 1 pause taken
Start date 27 December

15 each side of side stretches level 1
4 days completed no pauses taken
start date 3 January

Jolly - ahhh you make me laugh. International exercise would be soooo much more fun Is that the same puppy (springer spaniel) or do you have another?

hynotq-

red - well done on the weight loss. I'm inspired that you have no energy dips and feel better without the sugar. I think that's far better than the impact on the scales. You can't put a price on feeling good

DJ well done on your challenges - and the donuts LOL
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:37 AM   #38  
Never give up

Cool mostly through another day....

Well, I'm mostly through Saturday and it was kind of a wasted day. Then again, I got to talk to lots of people on the phone and I did it without accompanying beverages!! I didn't get to the gym but I did do the crunches and in all fairness my cold is not that much better. I am still congested. No sense knocking myself out. So, here's where I stand. I got the juice in. It would be easy to just not make it. It's not that much work but today I just didn't feel like drinking it. But, I did! Hurrah!

Day 18 crunches completed
Day 16 no sugar completed
Day 8 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 8 no alcohol completed

sweet pea -- Good going on yet another day behind you on the challenges! Ah, you lucky, enjoying summer now. I so wish for the warmth. Hunkering down in warm pubs was so nice but I'm going to have to put it behind me except on special occasions. Then again, that may make them all the more enjoyable. That is funny with jolly and the international exercise. Yes, what would that be? I suppose you could do some sumo stretches, karate chops, a bit of line dance moves, some polka, a bit of square dancing, some Masai high jumps, it could become all the rage, really! You're right about the good feelings off sugar. And I must admit, my color is just so much better. My skin looks pink and fresh and I think this is from a combination of the absence of sugar and the good vegetable juice. But, alas, weight loss is another of my goals and one I would so like to see happen. I am tired of hiding myself, yet know I will never expose the rolls and lumps.

Hp -- You're most welcome for the welcome! And you have courage to make your challenge a Level 1. Best of luck!!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #39  

I have a vege juicer and I do enjoy fresh vege juice but I just find cleaning the juicer such a hassle. Have you got a juicer that is easy to clean? or are you more conscienscious than me?

Sometimes I have smoothies and throw in some veges. I find capsicum and cucumber blend easily and taste good with fruits. I sometimes add beetroot or ginger but capsicum and cucumber seem to be the nicest. The other thing I have tried is getting the V8 citrus splash (fruit and veges) and adding some of that to my smoothie

I get heaps of fresh fruit from my orchard so I'm having plums for breakfast and oranges for snacks. My lettuces will be ready in another week or two. I should probably water them ROFL. We have had long sunny periods. I remember to water all the pots and the blueberries but I always forget the lettuce
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #40  

p.s. the notifications from 3FC are still hit n miss even though I have changed my email address to the more reliable gmail. No idea why :?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #41  

p.p.s. Red do you take your measurements as well as your weight? Maybe your shape is changing even if the weight isn't shifting.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #42  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 8 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 8 - Exercise everyday - good - 2 pauses left

Wow, I wake up this morning and there are so many posts to read! That's great to see.

Had a decent day yesterday. A few too many calories still but I had a really good workout. I'm really enjoying my new step and the videos that came with it and so far they are challenging me, especially with a higher step. I feel like that step will continue to challenge me for some time to come!

Red - I know the weight part is frustrating and we all want to have that weight come off, but, you are doing wonderful things for yourself. Think of how much healthier you are today than you were before. I also firmly believe that with all you are doing to become more healthy, that the weight WILL start to come off.

Have you tried Sweet Pea's suggestion of measuring yourself? Remember, muscle takes up less room than fat! Changes that you can't see on the scale might be happening.

Sweet Pea - You're giving me spring fever talking about your orchard and fresh vegies and fruit! I can't wait until spring arrives here. Winters are too darn long!

Good going on your challenges! Walking and dancing, that's great and sounds like fun!

Hpnotq. Glad to have you with us and good luck with your challenge!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #43  

Good morning all. I also am not getting much done this Saturday. Two late nights in a row, puppy clean up (yes, it is the same Springer Puppy), and I have no energy to move at all. Horse, gym - all are ignored. Not good. I hope to at least get up and clean, do my nails, and be somewhat productive for the day

Everyone else, good luck with challenges. Keep up the good work. Hypnotq - welcome.

Catch you later
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #44  
Never give up

Good morning, all. Nothing to report here. It's only 5:30 a.m. Sunday and I'm getting ready to leave. The rain has stopped at last. I guess I sounded frustrated by the lack of weight loss and thanks sweet and dj for your encouragement. Yes, I watch my body and clothes' fit closely so I do know when changes are happening. Still, there's only so much change that can happen without a scale change and I'm just impatient. I know I'm not putting in the necessary effort to really make the changes I need to see. I am barely over 5 feet and do have a lot of muscle so my weight is high for my height. So, really, I need to work very hard to get fat off and it is soooo easy to put it on, especially if I drink beer, which, as you can see, has been a habit. That is stopping. I'm cutting out other calorie-dense food and will just have to be patient and, above all, consistent. It's hard and requires a lot of discipline and having a desk job doesn't help. My body NEEDS lots of exercise. I am of plowhorse stock I think. Anyhow, I will carry on. Thanks again for the support.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #45  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Looks like everyone is doing well so far. I made it through day 1 with not even the slightest desire to have a DrPepper. Hope you're all doing well...I'm exhausted and want to get some rest.