Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When choosing an item to eat, what do you look for first in making your choice?
Calories Per Serving 0 0%
Fat Grams (including saturdated fat grams) 2 6.67%
Carbohydrate Grams 4 13.33%
Protein Grams 0 0%
Fiber Grams 0 0%
Sugar Grams 14 46.67%
Sodium or Cholesterol 0 0%
Ingredients 4 13.33%
How it rates on the Glycemic Index 6 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 10:25 PM   #76  

Good Evening to all.

I am not sure if this is the new board or the old, but I am trying it anyway. I am watching the special that is on all the channels tonight and feel like I want to reach out to people that I care about. I hope that everyone had a good day today and that things this week were easier than last week. We need to be strong cause no one knows what is coming in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

I have been thinking as much I as would love to go help in New York, that is impossible, so what I can do is win the war that my body is waging with me and win this battle with my weight. This will give me the mind set that I can win other battles and I will be stronger and ready to be emontionally supportive for the future. I suppose that this has a very selffish outlook, but this is a real war I have going with my body. It just does not want to give up control it has on the fat that is attached to me.

Fillise....I have to agree with you about set points. I am at a weight that I was 10 years ago and stayed at this weight for a long time, before gaining at least 75 more pounds. I have been trying for several months to lose the one or two pounds a week like I was and things are so so so slow to move. I am hoping that once things start it will be a progress that gives me the boast like I had when I started. So good luck Fillise...and let me know if you find the key to the set point thing.

I started something new this week. The Y in town opened a new building and I joined and started with water aerobics. Went twice this week, the class is an hour each time. What a work out, and, of course, it is up to me how hard I want to make it, so I go toward the deeper water. And I slipped and almost went under. But it was still fun. Plus I like meeting new people. I have had the tendency to seperate myself from others. I have closed off my life from people because I was so afraid of getting hurt by others again. SO I ate my way to a size that I was sure no one would want to be around. Well, now I have worked so hard on these problems and I am ready to let people in my life, cause I know that not eveyone is gonna hurt me, and now I have lost some weight and I am getting healthy and I want to be around people. But after having a wall around me for 10 years, it is so hard to meet people. So the Y is great for me. But I am still walking on the days that I don't go to the Y.

Well, I guess I have rambled on enough. I wish you all a get day tomorrow. Keep smiling and stay strong.
Laurie
Old 09-21-2001, 10:37 PM   #77  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

(I started this post in the morning, before the board was off line)

Good Friday Morning Everyone

Woke up this morning and did my usual "hopping on the scale" routine. Again, I was mad, still up today! I hmmmed & hawed about going out again today-wondering, "why bother?" Part of me wanted to go out, the part that was feeling sorry for myself didn't, but I decided to go anyhow. Figured I'd do 3.5miles, but ended up doing my full 4.5 miles in 53 minutes flat with 17 jogs. I thought to myself, if I hadn't walked, I was spiting no one but myself! Just like in years past when I would get mad I'd eat something very fattening-who was I hurting, only me. I also realized really just how far I have come with my emotional eating. I know I've conquered this demon, esp. after recent events in our country-the old me would of sat down with a 1/2 gallon of ice cream (or a bag of cookies, or bars of candy) and some tissue and eat and cry-now, I just cry-this is what it's like to be normal, I guess (some are going to argue-me normal-lol!).

CLAUDEL, I think you have overcome other "addictions" you've had, ones that are harder to overcome than this ice cream, so I'm sure you can cut back on this dessert as well. I have a feeling this "ice cream" you describe is much like the Carbolite I eat about twice a week. Depending on what it's sweetened with, this could be causing you trouble with the weight dept., if it has Maltodextrin, this can cause you to gain weight. Despite that, knowing you have a problem is part of the solution, it's those who won't admit they have a problem who have the most trouble. I would say you should try to make a pact with yourself and make 2 days a week that you will allow yourself to have a serving of this dessert. Just stay clear of the place and know you will be able to have it in xx days instead of today-give yourself something to look forward to, make it was it should be a "once-in-a-while" treat, not something you expect to have every day. You CAN get this under control easily-anyone who has taken control of other areas within your life surely can do this!! Let us know how things go and what you do decided Hey, and CONGRATS on those 25lbs!!!

FILLISE, good for you to attend you HS Reunion! I haven't gone to a single one of mine-was way too fat. Really missed going to the 20th (ugh, I really am getting old!). I tried to lose weight and have the desire to go, but it didn't work out as I had wanted, so I missed out seeing people from my past. I swear, if we're all around for the 25th, I'm sure as heck going! You may be somewhat correct on this "set point" theory, but I think it's more of a plateau. No, you aren't off your rocker to think this, your body can remember that you were at this point for quite a while, but in time, you will start losing again. It's when you get close to your goal weight that you will find a true "set point" and it may be higher than what your actual goal weight is. Just be patient and I'm sure the scale will start going down again. Who know's, maybe this 128 is my set-point! Hope not though!

HENSA, you can try AMAZON.COM to get the SB BOOK, see how the shipping and costs compares to your book store: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...285752-0312705 You have the basic idea of SB from what info you read. We do not have GI listings available on our foods here, not sure if anyone does. You "learn" this from looking at the GI charts, and there are quite a few on the web. One of my favorites is at this site: http://www.nutrinews.com/public/reci...ndex/index.cfm BUT, you must remember, you also have to look at the sugar and refined ingredients, not just the GI-like a candy bar may seem lower GI than a sweet potato, but we don't eat sugars, or other stuff that's in that candy bar. Reading labels for the ingredients is very important, you don't want to see a food that has sugars, or honey, corn syrup, etc. SB "rules" state you can eat a food that has 3 grams of sugar or less PER SERVING-personally, I won't buy it, expect for SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE that I do now partake in. Pineapple is another fruit we don't eat. Corn and any corn products (corn starch, popcorn, etc) we don't eat. Whole grain breads, sourdough and real pumpernickle breads are acceptable. Sourdough because of the way the fermentation takes place. There's also the fact that when you put a high GI food with a low GI food, it gives you a medium based GI food-it's a lot to comprehend it seems, but it all comes in time. No one has learned this their first day, or even week. Here I am, 1 1/2 years later, and I'm STILL learning! I would suggest you get the little pocket book that's THE SUGAR BUSTERS SHOPPERS GUIDE, that will help a bit. Butter, olive oil, etc are all fine, in moderation. SB is NOT a high protein, low carb, etc. diet, but a healthy balance. It's suggested that 30% of your intake from fat, 40% from carbs and 30% from protein-like the ADA recommends, I believe. Don't say you are sorry for asking questions, that's why we're here!!!

BEE, I believe there are very few in this vast world of ours who haven't been affected by our tragedies here in the States-most probably because people realize that if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere. Please, don't NOT post because you are afraid of talking about your ups and downs, and other things you think are frivalous-if I don't come on this board a hundred times a day and say something, anything, I'd go mad. We need to get back to our normal lives here and all over-we all have our problems, individually and collectively-this is a support board, not just of our weight, our accomplishments, but our friendships as well. We all need each other more than ever to get through these tough times-please post, and post, and post-no matter WHAT the context may be

BOB, thanks for the heads up-I probably wouldn't of checked the board until tomorrow if it weren't for you and ROSALIE alerting me that it was up-thank goodness, I was ready to go into my second withdrawl symptom!

ROSALIE, thanks to you too for the heads up about the site Geez, bad enough not having TV, but no internet connection-that's REALLY bad! Glad to see you back though. I'm so happy for you, really, 196, even though there's no loss, it sure beats the heck out of being at 200! I'm sure you'll have one of those mystery drops on the scale soon

LAMAP, yep, you have the right board! Congrats on joining the Y-that's wonderful! You really are moving in the right direction, in more ways than one!!

Well gals, I'm glad to see the board up and running, though not sure if there will be anymore outages this weekend or not-lets just cross the fingers.

I send {{{HUGS}}} to you all, have a wonderful weekend!!! Hey, tomorrow is my 1 1/2 year SB ANNIVERSARY!!! Should I celebrate?? Thought about having a tiny piece of my favorite chocolate, it's been sitting in my cupboard for a year now, actually, expired in May-should I?????? Votes please!!!!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Last edited by Debelli; 09-21-2001 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2001, 09:54 AM   #78  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEBBIE!!!

Does anyone know if we are going to have to link to a new pathway to the board? I'm not too computer savy, so when it comes to knowing what to do, I'M A BLANK!!

OKAY...MY TEAM IS IDLE TODAY....THE WAREAGLES AND THE GATORS ARE LOOSE IN THE CONFERENCE TODAY>>>>HOPE YOU BOTH DO WELL although, I gotta admit that I'll be pulling for KENTUCKY against the GATORS

WHERE IS MISSY???? GO TIGERS!!!!

Marie... Thanks for the lesson...I learned a few things myself. I don't have that particular book...at least I don't think so..I'm about to clean my room, so GAWD knows what I will find...I've already found my other SB book and sent it to my niece.

I'm off to start my cleaning...if you don't hear from me soon, send in the DUST WARRIORS!! to rescue me...

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 09-22-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2001, 10:09 AM   #79  

Hi, thought I'd do a different size today. It looks really funny compared to the other posts though. I've been up and lazy listening to CNN and checking out internet. Gearing up for the big push to clean my greening pool (we don't close til mid Oct because of warmer weather at time) and going through Ben's closets. They must be done separately from room or I'd be buried alive Then I'm playing with the boys and of course running. Doing 4.5 in honor of Deb, our continual inspiration! If you haven't checked it out on email check out the pictorial. It was very moving. Today is the Autumnal Equinox. Any significance? And Yom Kippur is upcoming. What does that mean? Deb? Viv? Is it another party?

Deb-Does this happen in your house? A child is on keyboard of computer IMing friends with a phone hooked to his ear???? This is a common phenomenon in my home. I remember having a cauliflower ear when I was his age. That was before pc's for the masses. I have a feeling I'd be guilty as well. Congrats on 1 1/2 years anniversary! I vote eat that chocolate during your next walk. I don't know if I could resist all that chocolate if it was around. I'll have to experiment when I'm ready. Had salmon last night. Yum,yum,yum. Can you believe it? I had called Peter and requested a grocery stop on way home and told him my day was stressful. (4 bus loads of children on a Friday) get the picture? Anyway, he shows up with a bouquet of flowers! Those of you who get flowers regularly don't know how floored I was. I've been YEARS without flowers from Peter at times. Begging for him to bring some to me. I've stopped begging. Pitiful wasn't I? So I was deeply touched. I predict tomorrow you'll have a postive scale post to make. Glad you didn't succumb to your feelings before walk. How was the garage sales?

Fillese-Congrats on 25th reunion resolve. Are you wearing red? You may have something there. Remember all that whining I did around 175? I remember being there a really long time. Trying to lose weight too. I think I skipped the 160's I seem to be breezing through this 10. Probably get stuck at 159. I remember the 150's. We'll see. I'll be glad to help you test this theory. Had fun in Montgomery?

Hensa-Whew! Glad Rosalie and Deb came to my rescue. When I read your posts I went to find my Sugarbusters book and couldn't. I move it around to refer to and well, I'm a bit forgetful. Glad the rains are coming. What is your area like? I'm soooo glad I found this board. I can't wait to hear about your continued success.

Bee-I'm going through conflicting emotions myself. I have steeled myself to continue as normal because I don't want the terrorists to reach their goal of instilling fear in my life.

Bob-Loved your reunion story. I love how you stay so positive. Go big orange! Did you rub Skeeter yet?

Rosalie-I have to admit I didn't exercise yesterday. Thank you for the encouragment. I do plan a run today 4.5. You'll know if I'm successful if I post it later. You are an angel to post all that info and links. What would we do without you? I love all the newbie questions because it reminds me all the rules too.

lamap-I find that I have a personal war myself with this weight. I have struggled with it for over 30 years. I find it is a "civil" war mostly too. I am soooo grateful to Debbie, Rosalie, Fillese, and all you others who are so committed to helping others. I can tell you that mentally I was ready to just quit and join the over 200 crowd. I'm being honest. I was so tired of fighting it and not winning. That is why I know that God heard my prayer when I prayed to take this away from me for a final time. I was there. I couldn't go on another moment without a significant win. Maybe that's why I am successful right now. Because it was either win again or utterly fail. There you go girls. Getting a picture of my black and white thinking I tend to do. Thanks for the patience with my droning. I applaud your efforts to overcome your barriers. That is a stuggle for me as well. So we'll do this together ok?

Nance-Patrick (my 6th grader) had a dance last night. He looked so adorable. I had to get prescription pads with amoxicilan (sp?) for his beginning fight with acne. If you all remember my older son just finished his first round with Accutane and with his severe nodular acne. This is unfortunately heriditary on Peters side. I'm hoping my genes may prevail (just a few pimples in puberty) and keep the other two from going through it.

Well-off to clean, run and have fun!

Love 'fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/161/145(for now) 24 down, 16 to go.

Old 09-22-2001, 10:32 AM   #80  

WHOOPS!!!

FLY Sorry...I've not been too good at addressing everyone that I should lately...
YES!!! Skeeter really appreciated that little rub...I caught him while he was on his back...those little back legs were just a
kicking!!

I agree with your civil war action...I've been battling this weight thing all my life...well since I was in 1st grade anyway...
Debbie and I think we have it figured out , and it's up to me to take the next step to conquor and divide!
One of my problems is that for so long I have listened to all the wrong people and tried EVERY DIET that hit the shelf! My
body is so screwed up that yes, I can lose a few pounds, but then everything comes to a screeching halt....THEN I pick up another book and start that (not giving the first one time to work)
and dive right in to that one...Honey...I could go on and on...but we all know the end of the storey....we've all been there...some of us are there now...WE JUST HAVE TO GET A GRIP AND DO IT!!!!

I've got to go to the HOME DEPOT and BJ's....perfect time to stock my freezer with correct food

LATER....

BOB
Old 09-22-2001, 11:49 AM   #81  

Good Saturday Morning All

Seems the board is working for some, and not for others-hope these little kinks get ironed out, and quickly.

Garage sales sucked again this week, spend $2, definitely spent more in gas-should of walked instead! My one day off this week, guess I deserve it-though from the looks of the scale, I should of walked, then again, I've been walking and it's not done me any good this week-am I rambling enough for everyone?!? The scale is STILL up today-not very encouraging. I think not only has/was it mid-cycle, but I think it's the stress of thinking about what has happened with our country. I am one that will say "don't let things like that bother you, there's nothing you can do about the situation, so try not to think about it", but I think I can't convince myself of this and it may be stressing me out and not really realizing it. I saw the scale go mysteriously up back the end of May/early June when there was a stressful situation-I stuck it out and it came back down, so I am hoping the same will take place, and soon! I had an EOM of goal of 123, I highly doubt that's going to materialize at this point. I'll continue on, be patient and pray for more than the scale to go down.

AND, now how in the world can I justify eating a tiny piece of chocolate? Esp. since the scale is so up? This little bar is like the size of 1 twix bar, but lighter, it's flakey, best I can describe it, and has 4 little sections, like an inch each-I was going to try and eat 1 inch of it-but why? Just because I made it to 1 1/2 years? Because I've never cheated? Definitely an inner struggle-not something I really desire, yet, will I ever give in to anything? Enquiring minds want to know (esp. Eli). I'll let you all know if I do indulge-I think I'll figure out the caloric info before I do-who knows, that 1 inch may prove to be SB LEGAL!!!

Since the site has moved to the new server, all our links to the other boards that I have in the first post are no longer valid, so this Monday I will have all the updated links. Until then, you just have to find the individual boards on your own.

My sister just called to see if I would be willing to rub her butt-meaning SHE'S PREGNANT, AGAIN! I'm the official butt ruber in the delivery room. This will be number 5 for her-better her than me, though I hear my Mother is NOT happy about this at all-oh well, not much she can do about it, so she better get over it. My sister really can't afford another one, and the little one just turned 1 in July, this one will be due around May. I think it bothers my Mother that she doesn't give herself time between the children to spend "quality time" with them before she has another one. My nephew from her first marriage is almost 14 then the other 3 are 5 and under, so this will be 4 at just 6 and under, since my oldest nieces 6th bday will be in May as well.

BOB, however you are getting to the board now, just keep that link and I think that will be permanent.

FLY, thanks again for walking in my honor! Yom Kippor is known as the Day of Atonement-of course, being a non-religious Jew, here's a site that gives a brief explanation: http://www.holidays.net/highholydays/yom.htm Oh yes, I can relate to the children being multi-phonunctional-they can type I/M's, talk on the phone AND watch TV at the same time-multi tasking children at such a young age! Do you mean I should walk and eat the chocolate at the same time-make me work for it?!? LOL! That was nice for hubby to surprise you with flowers. Eli hasn't done that in a long time-use to do it all the time-such is life. Knowing him, I'll probably get some for my birthday.

Well gals, I'm gonna go-the kids are being picked up in about an hour, Eli's working late and I'm going to do NOTHING much today-back in my nightie, probably take a nap, clean up in the house a bit-who knows, it's my day all alone. I'll check in with the board later.

Toodles

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-22-2001, 12:22 PM   #82  

Default One more try

I AM SO MADDD! This is the third post I've tried to get on the board. My laptop is being really ornery. That's such a good Texas word .

The first post was right after Presidents Bush's speech. It was wonderful and I was so proud he was finally able to show the world just the kind of man he is. Those hugs, handshakes, and words of appreciation on the way to the podium were genuine. He was my govenor for 6 years and I lived in AR for 9 years with another former President as my govenor for 7 of those. I know the difference.

Bee - Thanks for your concern. I understand your feelings about posting at this time. I had a very hard time putting anything down. But this board has helped me put things back to some kind of normalcy. The thought of war is scary. My son will be one of those fighting if this lasts as long as some are saying. He graduates in '04 and will have to go through a year or so of more training. But if this lasts longer than 4 years, he'll be fighting. That's not something we ever thought would be happening. He was supposed to do his time, then apply for a job with NASA. He wants to be an astronaut. I hope, no, I pray now, that he gets to see that dream come true.

BOB - Cleaning!? Wish I could get the gumption. My dh has been working at home and it's so hard to do anything while he's here. I do much better when the house is empty.

Kim- Hope you continue to recover from your surgery. I'm so glad it was successful.

Thunder - Way to go! Does your husband work offshore? I'd definitely take him up on the offer to buy something new. You should reward yourself after so many pounds off. 10's a good number. And facials are a wonderful treat!!!

Hensa and Lizery - Welcome. You will love this board.

Fly- Ditto on the IM/phone phemon. My dd took over our extra phone line when we went DSL and I've seen her with the phone glued to her ear while typing to 5 or 6 different friends at the same time. I'm surprised she hasn't pulled a muscle in her shoulder .

Marie - What wonderfully shared information. It does us all good to read it put down in such an easily understandable way.

Laurie - Isn't water aerobics wonderful? So soothing as well as a workout. Our Y enclosed the pool a couple of summers ago and now we can exercise year round.

Deb - I'm right there with you on the scales. They took back those two pounds and now I've been stuck for several days. Probably has something to do with not exercising daily. I admire you for sticking to your exercise program. It takes lots of discipline.

Fillise - GO. HAVE FUN. CELEBRATE LIFE.

I finished my poem. Here is it. I needed to yell at someone so I yelled at Satan.

You thought you could destroy us
You only awakened us
Your darkness could not cover us
Your evil will not win.

We are a mighty people
Founded on one God
United we will stand against you
We will not give up hope.

Our God will be exalted
He reigns forever over us
His love will never fail us
His awesome might prevails.

He hears our fears and worries
He knows our heart of hearts
Today we stand and tell the world
Always in God we trust.

Jeanie Colvin, Sep. 19 2001

I'm signing off now to listen to the Navy/Boston College game. Navy's up 7 -0 in the first quarter. GO NAVY!
Old 09-22-2001, 02:24 PM   #83  

Thumbs up HOUSEWORK????

AFTERNOON EVERYBUDDY!!!

BOB has not TURNED HER HAND today..I've been glued to this T.V. seeing things I didn't see during the week..

I am, however, getting my laundry done...SO at least BOB WILL HAVE CLEAN UNDERWEAR!!! for the coming work week.
I know my co-workers will be glad of that!

Haven't heard from KIM since I called her. Hope she's doing ok.
KIMMY...if you're reading....just click out and I'm OK will you? Or, have Paul pound out something....

OH, OH, that's two babies in our group in ONE WEEK!! what's in the water?

I'm off to ATTEMPT to pick up a few things...

BOB
Old 09-22-2001, 02:40 PM   #84  

Default Hi everyone!

Feels like ages since I've had a chance to actually read the board & respond. I'm off today & have the house to myself. DH is on call & had to go in to work. My sister has moved back home after 5 months, & my dd who was here for a few days visiting while I was working has gone back to Texas. So I slept till 10AM & then have been sitting here reading & replying since then.

I got on the scale to find a loss this am, I am down to 141!! I'm so excited. Congratulations to all you losers this week! For those that have gained or maintained, HANG IN THERE!

Debbie That was some talking to you gave yourself about being mad at the scale, etc. I can relate. Sometimes we just have to find something to blame, but truth is that we are the fault & cannot seem to focus in on that. At least that is the way I see it. Thanks for sharing with us what was on your heart & mind, cause we all needed to hear that we are not the only ones that are batling with these kinds of thoughts. I also have flabby arms & bought some 3 lb weights, but they don't work unless I take them out of the box! I could not get to the new board with the link you sent, but went back to the "top of forum" of the that page & it brought me here! Thanks.

AMSERAPHIM, Glad to see you back on the board. Hey, that 120 will be back, just hang in there. Giving yourself till Christmas to loss that extra 5 is probably a good idea. That sounds like an attainable goal. I hope you all find a solution for your gm. I know that is a concern for you.

Bob Congrats on being a new-aunt-to-be!!! Hope you are drying out ok.

VIV, I so enjoyed seeing your pic!! You are so thin & look really young! I try to imagine the faces of those on the board that we have not seen a oic of & somehow never seem to be any where close to the actually look. I pictured you taller & older.

FROG, So sorry to hear that you have gained 8 lbs in the past 7 weeks due to this med. I have been fortunate not to be having a problem with it. My pain has been (for the most part,) under control. A few twinges here & there the last week or so with the added stress, but manageable. Good news that your dh is not enlisting & that the diarrhea has ceased. I'm sure that's a load off your mind!

QUILTER/Kim, So glad to hear that all went well & it was benign!!

BEACHFAN, So glad to see you back on board! So sorry to hear of all the stress you've been under & that you have gotten off plan, but you are right to head back here as quickly as possible! You will soon be back on program & those extra lbs should come right off. Hope that you don't work too hard with all that is going on right now. I admire you for the work that you do. The Red Cross is such a valuable agency in times of crisis. I remember when we had help from the Red Cross back in 1980 after having a foot of water inside our house for over a week. Clean up would have been so much harder without their help.

TVthatsME Glad to see you back. Hope this new dose of thyroid medication helps. I agree, if bodies are found, it will be more of a closure for those families of the victims. Even when there is a body, it is hard enough, much less when there is none.

Shannon, I guess I must have missed your post, but I saw from Debbie's post that you are new, so welcome!! Hope you will find lots of encouragement here. You couldn't have found a better home!

Hensa, welcome to the board! Sugar Busters! is definitely the better diet, or we say way of eating (woe)! You are not so deprived of fiber & carbs, just have to watch WHAT carbs you eat. And yes, you will find many success stories here. Debbie will steer you in the right direction.

CATLOVER, Congrats on the 2 lb loss & the success on your golfing game. Sorry, I know zilts_nada_zero about golfing!

Solshine, How's the job hunting going?? Good to hear that you're holding below the 200 mark. Hey, sounds like the yard will good good when you're done planting. The mailbox area sounds really cute. I have herbs growing amongest the flowers & the garden plants, usually, but we have had sooooo much rain lately that the garden is gone. Just okra still making.

Nance, Loved the picture Debbie posted of your wedding! Nice to finally put a face to your posts. Sorry to hear that Dan is on alert. Maybe he won't be called out, or at least not to a danger zone. Good luck on your test for the new job!

FILLISE, Sorry to hear that the scale is stuck for you. Just hang in there & it will be moving again. It seems like it takes me forever to loose now to next next lb, but it eventually does! Great for you on your decision to go to your reunion!! I know you will be glad you did once you're there. You've worked hard to get where you are now, don't let anyone or anything make you feel bad about that.

BUTTERFLY, I at your battle with the missing socks. Made me reminese of when the girls were young & still at home, but now the are fighting that losing battle themselves with their youngens! LOL I always thought that those missing socks were under the beds, but I guess it was the washer that would eat them up. Don't seem to have that problem with dh's socks, or maybe it's because he helps with the wash that I just don't notice as much. Hey, those flowers must have REALLY made your day!! I love getting flowers, but I'm afraid it doesn't happen nearly as often a it use to around here. LOL Oh well, sae la vie! Also, I applaude your honesty in you post to LAMAp regarding this battle with weight. God does hear us & all too often we fail to recognize that the directions & answers we get actually DO come from Him. Thanks for the reminder.

lizery wow! looks like you've got a good headstart on the weight problem. Good going! Welcome to our board. Looking forward to getting to know you. Will go check out your BIO next.

Thunder, :LOL: sounds like it was a wonderful reunion for you & dh! Keep it up girl.

Meliris Wish I could send you some of our rain. We're just about to float off to the gulf here it's been raining so much. Since we're below sea level here, that would not be hard to do.

Claudel, Welcome to the board! Glad to hear that you have made some necessary eating & life-changing habits. You will certainly benefit from those. Now, you say you just need to get a handle on this frozen yougart habit? First of all, is it SF? If not, lose the directions to that place you buy it. LOL I have learned to allow myself 1 scoup of SF ice cream as dessert each night as my reward for sticking to plan each day. It has not happered me from losing. I enjoy it & only if I have blown it really bad that day do I omit it. This has worked for me. Good luck!

Bee, I was just thinking about you when I came across your post. I had not seen you posting, but then again, I have been MIA for the last week also with my heavy work schedule. Hope all is going ok with you & dd? Bee, we do need to hear about the food worries & all the other worries that we have everyday to get our minds off the BIG worries of the world. Those will not go away in the near future, but we do need to keep our minds & our bodies in shape. Feeling better about ourselves is the only thing we can control right now & we certainly need to feel like we have control over something! Thanks for your thoughts & prayers for our country. You are right in that it is not only our country that is at stake here, it is all of us in general.

ROSALIE, NO INTERNET?? NO TV?? OMG!!! LOL We have been having alot of thunderstorms here the last few days & have had to unplug the puter alot, but also without electricity a couple of times in late afternoon, so I sympathize with you. Glad to hear that you are holding at 196. Better than gaining. I seem to stay at a certain wt for a couple of weeks alot before dropping to the next lb. But at least it's not a gain.

LAMAP, I totally agree with you on the view point of winning our own war against our weight & not letting ourselves be defeated with the worries of our nation's battle right now. I addressed that in my post to Bee above. We have to stay focused. Glad to hear that you have gone out & joined the Y. That sounds like a winning thing to do! Don't work too hard. Take some time for you!

j red, Yes, I agree with you! We have a wonderful president now & I think he will do the right thing for all of us. I agrre that he should not just jump into action, but carefully plan out each & every move, because his decisions will affect the whole world, not just our country. What a well written, beautiful poem!! I agree, this act was not just one of terrorists, it was one of Satan, & God IS victorious! We just have to trust in Him.

SEF, Where are you??? Hope that you are ok. Is Arthur visiting again? I hope not.

RHOO, How are you? are you enjoying your time alone with the little one at school?

Gatorgal Hi there, sounds like you're still hanging in there. Will you be traveling to BR for the big game this year? One of the nurses I work with has been in an uproar cause the first game of the season was canceled & it's all she talked about for days! LOL

KAREN, How is your mom doing? Are you getting some cooler weather your way? We sure could use some here.

WOW, I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS POST TO BE SO LONG, BUT I guess that's because it's been so long since I have had the opportunity to respond! It sure feels good to be able to finally catch up. I don't know if any of you have missed me, but I sure have missed you all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-22-2001, 03:10 PM   #85  

Thumbs down

Back and sweaty and happy. Boy 4.5 takes a loooonnnng time. Took me an hour. Guess I didn't powerwalk. Ok I was going to run but.......

Miss Bob--Hows the game? Never apologize, never explain. I don't know who said it but I thought it when you apologized. I'm just happy to hear from the two of you. And I loved the wagon train. Can I ride shotgun? And I also have dibs on the jacuzzi. But I will share.

Deb-Butt rub.....hmmmmm. I wasn't a believer until had a massage therapist do it. Now I use the massager my dh got me for Christmas. Congratulations to your ds. God bless her. She must have incredible patience and a great family. I know her sis is special. Thanks for Yom Kippur link. I like the idea of feasting then fasting and of course, asking for atonement. I forgot about kids & tv too. Or as Bee says "telly". What cards these kids are. I didn't think about you working for chocolate but I know how you're struggling with scale so I thought you could work it off while you're consuming it. Ugh. Just took the 6th message for Ben. Isn't parenthood grand. "Ben's not here, may I have your name and here's the cell phone # he has. " Oh, I bet I can put social secretary on my resume now or at least when all three are getting messages. Found Author's Choice Sugarbusters brand Angel Hair pasta at my grocery store. 16 oz for $3.19. I didn't even think they had a Sugarbuster product anywhere. I'm having spaghetti tonight! They have a terrific receipe for Angel Hair pasta with Sea Scallops that I'm going to try out (on the side of the box). There's another new thread from another newbie. You have a great afternoon. Time for the closets!

Jred-ornery. Loved that. Keep throwing those Texas phrased. I agree with you about George W. If you really want to know a man-watch his actions. I don't think his hoarsness was fake these last couple of weeks. I have the boy challenge too. Next year my dear Ben graduates. I will steel myself to accept whatever he decides or God decides then do a lot of praying. I loved the shoulder muscle. How do they keep that many phone conversations straight? And what will our grandchildren be doing at that age?

See ya later.
bye, 'fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/161/145(for now)

Last edited by VAbutterfly; 09-22-2001 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2001, 03:24 PM   #86  
Everyday angel

Debbie, I'm just popping in to let you know I found the board okay. That was awesome of you to keep in contact while the server move was going on. Some other posts of yours I wanted to respond to hope I can find some time before it's way old news.

To everybody else, your plugging on in the light of recent events is very encouraging.

I've been doing pretty good; under a lot of pressure at work because of the panic and stock market decline. Yesterday I was so wound up that one small kindness from my roommate and I burst into tears and couldn't stop crying for 2 hours. (Fortunately in private) I think I needed to do that; feel much better. I'm going to get my hair cut in a minute and that's always a pick-me-up.

Gotta run!

Love,

Chris
Old 09-22-2001, 03:30 PM   #87  

Melf!!!! Sooo happy for you 141 hoooray! What's your goal? I loved your sf ice cream plan. Maybe one day I'll venture into ice cream territory. Too skiddish right now. So glad the pain has diminished. We must've been posting at the same time. Take care and enjoy your day of leisure.

Jred-Sorry forgot about the poem. It was wonderful. Can I copy & put on my fridge?

Bye all. 'fly
Old 09-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #88  
Mel

Default Back on but not sure who I am

Whoa-Posting has been a trying experience( I've been trying, and trying, and trying...). I've even gone through an identity change. At one point, I could only get on by creating a new username so if you see any posts from melgum , that's me. But I think they all got lost.

Haven't done a darn thing today since kid soccer at 8:30 am. Yesterday I raked more dead lawn and shredded my hands, and I guess my muscles were really tight because when I stretched this morning, it seemed like something stabbed me in the back with an ice pick. So much for stregnth training!

So all I want to do is EAT Dh is out in Columbus visiting dd and wiring up computers for the 5 girls (OK- how bout this- they all live in the same house, and are complaining that they can't IM each other and shouting down the hall is too much effort!) So far I've stayed legal, but ds is lobbying for KFC for dinner. I think part of the problem is I've now reached half my goal and I know it's doable. Some of the challenge is gone. Deb and others at or near goal: How in the world do you do it? Here I am only half way there and I'm loosing it. But only mentally. Enough whining!

Jred- The poem was beautiful. I printed out a copy and put it on my night stand.

Melf- CONGRATULATIONS! I hope I can join you down there. Good going. Loved the weights in the box line. GO PICK THEM UP! Then you'll have great muscle tone like me so you can pull your back raking! Just kidding- I'll never stop using the weights. Even if the flab is still there, it just feels so much better!

Frog- I think I missed something probably about 250 posts ago. What meds are bothering you and pain? Don't mean to pry if its not for general consumption. Hope you are feeling better.

Melf (again)- you too?

Sparkle, Bee and everyone else I haven't addressed, welcome back.

Sure hope this post works.
mel

Last edited by meliris; 09-22-2001 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:01 PM   #89  

Evening All

Thought I'd get in a post before Eli comes home in about 45 minutes. Just mixed up some falafel mix for dinner, going to make the taratour (sauce) for it soon-yummy! I swear, sometimes I wonder if I was Middle Eastern in another life!

Well, I made a big deal over this Kinder Bueno candy-just to find out that if I kept it at that small 1/4 of the bar, it falls under the SB guidelines as far as sugar grams, (though none of the other ingredients do!) so, I had a piece-honestly, it wasn't as good as I remembered it-could be my taste buds, could be that it expired back in May Anyhow, I just took that tiny piece (and I do mean tiny) and put the rest away for another day.

I didn't do a darned thing today-which really is awful-my house could use sprucing up, but I just have no desire to do anything-only took a nap, nothing that requires much on my part. Geez, I couldn't even muster up picking up my water bottle and drinking-I need to get some liquid into this body of mine!!!

I haven't heard from my Mother since my Sister called her-I'm sure I am going to hear an earful from her (my Mom). I think she must still be in a state of shock.

JRED, again, thanks for sharing your poem and thoughts with us. People have found so many ways to express themselves during this unfortunate tragedy - it's good to see all the positive in life.

BOB, **** if I'm going to be drinking anything but bottled water! LOL! Thank goodness, clean bloomers, I was wondering where that funky smell was coming from when the wind blew from the NW!!! What did you think about Will winning BB?

QUILTER, I second what BOB said-where and how in the heck are you feeling and doing? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

MELF, CONGRATS!!! We need to hear wonderful news like that-WOO HOO, 141!!! Hey, you don't have to take those weights out of the box, but it would be easier to get a good grip on them that way. I've been toying with the idea of getting a rebounder (mini-trampoline). I posted on an exercise forum on another site and someone saw my question and ordered one, so far she loves it. I told her when I see how she likes it after the first week, I'd make a decision-maybe treat myself for my bday-the list is getting longer!!!

FLY, 4.5 miles in an hour, that's a good walking pace. The fact is, you got out there today, and I didn't-but my butt WILL be out there tomorrow (unless it's raining, which I don't expect it will be). LOL! My sister really doesn't have the patience, but she'll have to surely find some! Isn't it nice how we take messages so well for our children, yet, when someone calls for us, esp. when it's important, we find out days later, if that! Honestly, I wouldn't bother with buying any SB BRAND item, not worth it at all-it's packaged by one of the larger pasta companies I believe, they just put the SB name on it. Just regular WW pasta is fine to buy. Hope your recipe turns out well

SPARKLE, thanks for popping in, we miss hearing from you!! I think we've all had some crying spells this past couple weeks. I know besides the tragedy, watching this John Edwards show, Crossing Over, I cry almost every show!

MEL, I think we can all relate how you feel. I think what my prespective would be is you've won half the battle,(weight) but not the whole war (getting to goal). You have to stay focused, otherwise, the opposing troops (pounds lost) can cross the line and start infeltrating your side (pounds creeping back). I'd say you understand where I am going with this, right? If you start to give in and cheat a little, and you don't see that it changes your weight on the scale, somewhere in the mind, you let it happen more and more often, and before you know it-whoomp, you're gaining, and *****ing and getting really mad! For me personally, I know me-if I cheat, there's no stopping me, I'm like a runaway train headed for a collision, and in knowing this, this keeps me on track-also, hearing the horror stories of people cheating and getting sick has also helped-I get sick enough without cheating, who the heck needs more of that!!!

Guess I should get off of here for now. Will check in before I hit the hay tonight-hope there's some decent TV to watch this evening.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-22-2001, 07:22 PM   #90  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Talking

Good Afternoon Girls!

I'm being lazy and doing what I call a "general" post! The skinny is......The Nancemeister aced her test. YIPEE!!!! I have to go back Monday and take a typing test, and if that goes well, then I will be granted the priviledge of an interview. We had an hour and 45 mins. to take the test, and I got done in one hour. I think I was one of the first five people to finish. Get this...there were 50, yes, you heard me right, 50 people testing for one position! I'm telling you, those state jobs are like gold! Hopefully, I can make it to the point of actually interviewing!

Having a nice relaxing weekend...Dan and I got up early and got all the cleaning done, so we could relax this afternoon. He's got something good going on in the crock pot, and my Mom and brother are coming over for dinner. Kids are busy with friends, dogs are napping, and I'm just kicking back.

South Africa Sugar Buster friend....Welcome!!! Try going to a web site called"Half.com" and you can order a used copy of Sugar Busters from there. I've ordered books from there and they have been in great condition at half the price! Debs told me about it!

Fly-I will have to hear all the details about Patrick "first dance" Faris went to his first concert last night and saw "Blink 182" and then got to saty at the Marriott in San Diego....It's a rought life, but someone's got to live it. Like Dan says....well at least if we can't afford to take him to do such things, at least he has friends that can! We're hoping he'll marry rich!! he he he he! Have your
doctor try Patrick on Tetracycline instead of Amoxicillin. It's better for clearing up cystic acne and better on the system in my opinion, and it's less expensive! I can order it at cost, for like $5.00 a bottle for 100 capsules if you want me to get him some!

I've gotta check something in the oven and then will come back!!
Closed Thread