Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When choosing an item to eat, what do you look for first in making your choice?
Calories Per Serving 0 0%
Fat Grams (including saturdated fat grams) 2 6.67%
Carbohydrate Grams 4 13.33%
Protein Grams 0 0%
Fiber Grams 0 0%
Sugar Grams 14 46.67%
Sodium or Cholesterol 0 0%
Ingredients 4 13.33%
How it rates on the Glycemic Index 6 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 03:28 PM   #46  
Sonya

Talking

Hi all

Well the day started out great and is still great with the 1 lb lose for this week. Got a spiral perm this am. Haven't had one of those in 10 yrs . Feel good about myself better than I have in a long time. Glad to hear everyones doing good. Hubby comes home in the morning . I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the morning . Seems like hes been gone more than 3 weeks. I will post a picture of myself as soon as the hubby gets home and shows me how. Haven't taken any since I started losing weight. But I'm 5 lbs smaller than when we got married almost 7 yrs ago. My husband wants to go buy me some new cloths when he gets home but I told him to wait until I hit the 50 lb weight lose mark. I will probably have to sew up the seams of the clothes I still have until then . Well better go now everyone have a great day.

SB since July 1, 2001 264/230/155ish
Old 09-19-2001, 05:12 PM   #47  
Mel

Default WIW

Well, somehow I managed to legally sabotage myself on Tuesday for wiw and the scale reflected it 175/157/130. Same as last week, despite 6 great days of eating, tons of weight lifted, and miles and miles of jogging/running/walking. What's going wrong here?? How can 5 almond stuffed olives and a handful of triscuits undo a whole week? I don't want to go back to the starvation method cause I know I sure can't live like that anymore!
The worst part is, I had to buy smaller bras, but the weight stayed the same. That must mean my butt is bigger!

Deb-Thanks for the email about the Yarzheit candle- I will definitely do it. I'm not observant at all either, I usually describe myself as a "gastronomic" Jew. Also, at the risk of being repetitive, try some weight training. A pair of 5 and 3 lb free weights are all you need to start. Rent a video on bodyshaping (NOT BUILDING) and you'll see and feel a difference in very little time. It gets really addicting when you can look down and see real defined muscles in your arms, thighs, and someday (I hope to live this long) abs. YOU DON'T NEED TO LIFT HEAVY!

Thunder-YOU'RE DOING GREAT!! Wish I could catch some of that!

Amser- congrats on your low, and forget about the party pound! You need to post a new picture, the only one I've seen is the one Deb posted a few days ago.

Fly- I "solved" the sock problem by buying everybody socks that were exactly the same. That way if/when one dissapears who cares? There are still 9 more white socks with a grey toe!. This technique probably works best with 5-13 year old boys, but also on my workout/running socks and my daughter's hundred pairs of workout socks. Also, I was startled by your saying you at one point wished you were Jewish. I grew up in an area with very few other Jews and spent half my life afraid to tell people!

Kim- I hope the surgery went well. A friend of mine had what sounds like the same last spring. I know the first few days were really hard, but she was playing tennis and beating me again in a week and a half. My thoughts have been with you.

Viv- I loved the dress. I had the opposite reaction because I'm scared that if I wear loose dresses, someone might think "boy that lady is really old to be pregnant!" Wear what feels good, you look great. I'm glad you've found so many ways to contribute. I got turned down for giving blood because of meds I take, and I was in England this year. Because of job situations we can't contribute financially, so I am really at a loss as to what to do.

BOB- Glad you are drying out. Sounds like you had an exciting unplanned holiday. If you can believe it, I've got the sprinkler going here to salvage what little of my front lawn is still green.

Shannon- Welcome. You're right, the SB Board has gotten really nasty! I just glance at it every once in a while, but hardly ever post.

Enough for now- gota head out to soccer practice. Maybe I'll jog around the track while the team scrimmages.

Mel
175/157/130 SB since 7/24/01
Old 09-19-2001, 05:30 PM   #48  
Little Engine That Could

Meliris--That’s good advice you gave Debbie. Debbie, you listenin’ , girl?
Re being Jewish--It’s because the Jews are really and forever God’s chosen people. The ORIGINAL chosen ones, with the potential of a very special relationship with the Lord. The Christian Bible says that Christian gentiles aare “grafted in to the vine” but you guys are the original branch. Any Christian who would be prejudiced against any Jewish person is sinning against God and against His chosen ones, and they definitely don’t know anything about the Bible. The interesting thing for the Jews is to understand what they were chosen for. And that is succinctly explained in Genesis 12:1-3.

And don’t worry about the weight this week, Mel. Maybe you’re at a little plateau. Just give the scale a rest and check in with it in a couple of weeks. Don’t let that little number sabotage you.

Well, I ate a chicken breast for breakfast, and clam sauce on one oz. spaghetti for lunch, trying to get the protein grams up today. I had other things, also, but so far am doing better. I will be having spaghetti sauce with meat over zucchini “spaghetti” for dinner tonight, along with a salad.

Kim--Hope you are feeling better by now and that the surgery was a success for you.

I have French class tonight. It seems like months since I’ve been in class, but it’s just been 2 weeks. Gotta go and grab my dinner before I leave. Take care, all.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:27 PM   #49  

Hi Everyone...I have missed you.

Well I have "let myself" go just a little too much so I am back on the straight and narrow. I was doing fine maintaining until the stress the past couple of weeks got to me and I quit walking and started eating like I had before. My lowest weight was 132 and I am at 147 today. So I have hit the trails, cut back on the sugar, reduced my calorie intake to below 1700 and thought I better get back to you guys so you can keep me straigh.

As some of you know I work for the Red Cross and this past Dec. there was a huge tornado in Alabama. Since that time my workload and responsibility has really increased. During the summer I was on the road all of the time and having to eat at meals that were chosen for me. The events of the past week have really affected me. I never had time to be shocked, sad or grieve but immediately had to put the response for our state into action. So I really lost it and even had lots of donuts, chips and dip etc. Well I have started to physically feel bad again and that can't happen. So here I am. No matter how bad it gets I will take time to say hello to ya'll and get my priorities back in order...

I may not have a lot of time to personally respond but I will try. I did scan most of the post and glad to see my friends are still here.

Anna
222/140/147
Was at 132...gott get back there soon.
Old 09-19-2001, 09:18 PM   #50  

Default Just peeking

Hey y'all. Spirits are lifting and I am feeling slightly more optimistic. DH says that he will not volunteer to return to the army, they will have to call him up. With that announcement, the constant diarrhea ceased. As far as the nation is concerned, I am still concerned.

I have peeked at page 1, which is all I had time for tonight. It may be Friday before I have time to read and respond to all. WIW - I think I am down a pound from last week, back to 152. Went to the doc yesterday and we discussed my meds. Said that he had never heard of anyone gaining on this medication. I had gained 8 pounds since my visit 7 weeks ago. Hmmm. Y'all tell me! He did lower the dosage and I hope that will help. I have been trying to decrease my fat intake and up my fruits and veggies. I'll keep you posted. Doc did say that he had had other patients say that they had more vivid dreams; something that I've experienced.

QUILTER - My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you never miss that ol' thyroid!

NANCE - Keeping positive thoughts for you and Dan. LOVED the pictures of you and your beautiful family.

DEB - Loved the pics that you posted. More on that later.

BOB - So glad that you are with power again. Hope it stays on. I was watching BB2 last night and wondered if you were watching it too.

To all of you that I did not say hello too, please forgive me and understand that DH is calling me to come spend some time with him, so I must say adios for now.

Please continue to pray for peace.

PEACE

FROG
Old 09-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #51  

Hi Girls!!!

I survived! Got home this morning about 10:30. Doing pretty good. But my neck is a bit stiff. Looks kind of gross, because they have a clear handiwrap style dressing on it. Yuck! Anyways, thanks for all the kind thoughts. I'll write more later. Sitting at the computer doesn't feel all that great.

Thanks for the prayers. Everything went smoothly and everything tested was benign. You all are wonderful in support, that's for sure.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
Kim
Old 09-19-2001, 10:49 PM   #52  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All!

Taken me all night to get on the computer-Michael has a lot of homework, which of course, comes first-can't say that I don't have withdrawls during these long periods of time that he is on though.

Had a nice day out with Eli, went to Ole Ole for lunch then to the indoor flea mkt., wanted more of these really thick socks they have and luckily found them. Bought some fruits and veggies there as well. Hit Carbolite on the way home, yummy coffee and vanilla! A medium at that!

I told Eli what I had posted on the board, about the scale, etc. etc. He said "you can't lose skin and bones" what he says I now look like-a big exaggeration, to say the least! I think he'd rather have me a little heavier, but too bad, so sad!!!

I heard from Paul and QUILTER is just fine, which is good news. Here's his e-mail:

Kim had her surgery yesterday afternoon. She stayed overnight at the hospital for precautionary reasons. She came home this morning and is taking it easy. Everything that DID get removed has been tested and is benign, so there is no need to worry. The doctor did leave part of her thyroid in so the body can continue to produce the iodine needed for operation, which means she will NOT need medication to suppliment the
function of the thyroid.

I am sure she will be back on email very soon.

Paul

GATOR, if you can do what I wish I could do and keep the scale hidden for a month, I give you a lot of credit-not ready to do it yet, but I'm getting there! I do wish weight training would take care of these trouble areas, but unfortunately, it won't, my skin has lost it's elasticity and surgery is the only help for me.

VIV, I have some old WW stuff too, another reason to start back on Ebay I guess! Read my post to GATOR above yours, will explain about the WT issue. That's nice what your DH has decided to do. I do agree with you about too many organizations now collecting funds, not sure who's legit and who's not sometimes-too many of them sprouting up since this tragedy happened.

FLY, you go girl, and I mean that literally, you were doing it all today it seems-kudos to you! Ummm, I've had a basket of socks for years too-thank goodness I now know I am not alone in doing this. I don't want to look anything like a media image, but it sure would be nice not to see a puddle of skin next to me when I lie down in bed!!!! No weight training will ever help that!!!

AMSER, of course, you know we've missed you on the board, glad to see you back and posting again! Again, I congratulate you on your new low, you'll get back there again, just as I plan to get back to my low-it will happen for us both, but it's harder as we go down on the scale. Don't worry about whinning, as you read, I did my share this morning! That's what we're here for!!!!

THUNDER, congrats on your loss this week! Spiral perm, I bet your DH isn't going to recognize you upon his return!!!! He sounds like a dear, wanting to buy you some new clothes! I agree, wait til you hit a big milestone, I tried to not buy anything as I was losing, did have to buy a couple things, they got big real fast!!!

MEL, one day of eating like that won't make a difference on the scale, esp. overnight. It can be for many reasons-I saw the same exact thing this week as you did, stayed the same despite being OP 100%-it happens. Long ago, in the past, before SB, I would get so discouraged by this happening, I'd give up-not til SB did I learn that there are many reasons besides going off plan that will make you gain for no apparent reason-esp. hormones! I'm mid cycle and I definitely see the scale go up during this time-I just wait patiently, and it goes back down

BEACH, what a joy to see you on the board!!! I know the stress of what's going on must of gotten to you and I knew you were having a hard time of it before all this happened last week, but I'm glad you are back, back with us, back OP and more than likely, feeling better. I know work is hard for you right now, but just a quick hello once in a while and feeling somewhat connected back to the board, should help you get rid of those pounds you temporarily found.

FROG, glad to hear you're doing better. Did you tell the Dr. you found info on the web about weight gain and the meds?? Let's hope this dosage decrease helps you lose what you gained, but in the meantime, is still effective for you. Vivid dreams, huh-that could be interesting

QUILTER, I left the above, started this post longggg ago, but wasn't able to get it posted until now-just wanted everyone to hear what a doll Paul was and how he let us all know you were doing well! {{{HUGS}}}

SHANNON, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! We're glad you've decided to join us. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions, we're all happy and eager to help out in any way!!

NEWBIES Just a reminder, if you'd like to have your message for the board appear on this board, make sure you hit NEW REPLY and not new thread For those of you who are lurking and reading our boards, jump on in, the water is fine!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess that's it for me for tonight. Again, a reminder that TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY!!! I'll get a few recipes on here sometime tomorrow.

See you all in the morning!

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-19-2001, 11:45 PM   #53  
Goddess

Default Wednesday night

WOW! I got on the board this morning and there had been no new posts lince I logged off last night--but tonight--everyone has been here! Well, everyone except BOB--and I say if Kim can drag herself off her sick bed to pos, you've got no excuse gal!

WIW---Dadgummit--exactly the same! AARRGGHH! I'm with Gator--I want to get rid of the stupid thing. I like my tape measure so much better--it's down another 1/4 inch in the hips! If I were really really strong I wouldn't weigh again until next Wed. Guess what. I'm not that strong. I'll be screaming at it in the morning--despite have read Deb's wonderful post. According the fitday in the last three days I've burned some 3700 more calories than I've eaten---that should show up as a pound lost tomorrow. I guess this is why the SB authors recommend NOT counting calories. I think the calorie theory has a SERIOUS flaw! Everything I've eaten over the last week has been OP and in appropriate proportions.

Kim--so glad to hear that you are safely through the surgery and that everything was benign! Take it easy as you recover and remember we are still holding you in our thought and prayers!

Frog--good news about DH. Also good news about the meds. I sure hope reducing them helps with the weight loss. When it comes down to it you've just gotta have faith that you are doing everything right and know it will eventually pay off!

Beach--Welcome back! I guess you have been busy! I'm going to try to give blood in the next week or so. I thought I'd wait until the crush subsided because it will still be needed. My first job out of college was with the American Red Cross--I was director of Blood services for our chapter. They just called me vampira!

Congrats to the losers this week! I'm looking to you for inspiration!

Susan
300/237/150
July 10, 2000

YOU MEAN i CAN REALLY THROW AWAY THOSE SOCKS?
Old 09-20-2001, 08:11 AM   #54  

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my walk/jog-felt like going a bit more than I did yesterday-got in my 4.5 miles with 17 jogs, no pushing me today, did it in 54 minutes.

If I was mad yesterday, I must be fuming today, or at least you would think! The scale is up 2lbs from yesterday! That's 4lbs from my low-and here I thought I had something to b*tch about yesterday! But, thinking in prespective here, this is day 14 of my cycle and again, I know I am doing everything just the way I have been, and I am confident the scale will show a loss in the next few days-if not, you KNOW I will be on the warpath!!!!!

SUZANNE & JENNIFER have posted an announcement. If you haven't seen it, I've copied it below. PLEASE, if you want an update on what's happening, please make sure I have your e-mail address. If you are listed on our BIO BOARD, then I have it-but if you are a newbie and haven't posted your BIO on the BIO BOARD yet, please do, that or e-mail me directly and give it to me. Here you go:

Moving servers, will have brief outage (09-19-2001 until 10-20-2001)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're preparing to move to a new hosting company. The move is necessary as the new host is less expensive, but we will actually receive more ram and processor speed, so this will benefit everyone

The server should be ready by Friday, and then we will begin installing our software and transferring our files. Once this is ready, we will have to close the forum and transfer the domain to the new server. Domain transfer can take from 1 to 3 days due to dns propagation around the globe. Some of you may be able to access the new server before others, so don't panic if your friends say they can see it but you can't.

We don't know the exact date of the closure yet, and due to the speed at which we will have to move, we may not be able to give warning other than this notice. We hope to begin the transfer this weekend, especially since the forum is not as active on weekends.

If you visit the forum or the main site and receive a 'website not found' error, please don't be concerned, it will only mean that things are moving along and you'll be able to reach us within a couple of days after that.

Thank you all for your support, understanding, and patience

Suzanne and Jennifer

Let's just hope and pray we have ALL of our boards from the past on the new site-I haven't had any time to archive anything and I'd hate to lose all this info. I know our archived boards are safe, at least they're suppose to be!

QUILTER, how are you feeling this morning???? {{{HUGS}}} for a speedy recovery!!

FILLISE, I tend to disagree about the calorie issue, from what I've read, the calories definitely count. But I think it's how ones metabolism deals with those calories that makes how each of us individually burns them. If someone were to follow the suggested SB MENU in the book, and they were, say, use to eating 3000 calories a day, they'd lose (at least fora while), without counting, because it's such a reduction of what they were eating previously. Anyhow, that's one of the big controversies I see over on the ST board that many people seem to "fight" over-here, at least we discuss it civily! I always say, whatever works!!!! Hey, I propose we send all our single socks to a hand puppet maker! Actually, when I come to think about it, couldn't some one use good clean one-of-a-kind socks???? I hate throwing anything away!!!

Well gals, I've got to get ready to take Lauren to school in a few. I'll be back on later, after CROSSING OVER is done.

Have a good day!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-20-2001, 09:02 AM   #55  

Hallo everyone

My name is Hensa van Niekerk, I am 32 year old, living in the sunny South Africa, married to a wonderful man for 11 years (my school sweetheart). Unfortunately we don’t have any children (I had a hysterectomy a few years ago because of PCOS) I have a problem with my weight since I can remember.

Since the 16th of August I have been on the Atkins diet. I had good results up to now.

Starting weight 216 came down to 205 it this 5 weeks.

BUT I went to my gynecologist on Tuesday for a checkup. (I have PCOS) I told him about the diet I am on and that at last I am seeing results. He is worried about my cholesterol since I fall I the high-risk area. He want me to have some blood test done and suggested that I follow a diet for diabetics. I miss the fibers that used to keep me regular……. But regardless of that little problem I cannot complain about the Atkins diet, I love the fact that I don’t have any cravings for sweet stuff, and I am not hungry all the time. The diet is easy to follow…..some times a bit difficult not allowing any bread, and limited amounts of fruits.

This is the first time that I hear of Sugar Busters

You see I am kind of an impulsive dieter, so many times I have started with a certain diet then, when I hear a success story I run of buy the book or make a copy and try that one…...

I am currently posting on the Low Carb thread. Could you please tell me more about Sugar busters, what is the difference between the two diets….

The results that you girls have is great!!

Greating
Old 09-20-2001, 09:22 AM   #56  

Hi Hensa, and WELCOME TO OUR SB BOARD I am glad you are looking into an alternative to the Atkins diet, and I'll leave it at that as I don't want to bash a diet that so many people believe it, but my personal opinion, well, I think I made my point, subtely.

With SB, or any low glycemic diet is that NO FOOD GROUPS are off limits, which is nice-we can eat fruit, though there are a few that are high on the GI that we aren't allowed to eat, there are a few veggies (mostly root vegetables), that are off limits, no white or refined flours, but whole grain flours are acceptable, etc. I would say, to get a good idea what this WOE (we hate calling it a diet) is to check the link below, which was done by someone who is following SB and she gives a good overview on it:

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters

I want to say, you are the FIRST person I have ever come across who has been so honest about admitting being a "impulsive dieter". I think we've all been guilty of that at least once in our lives. This WOE is a way you can follow for LIFE-I don't think you can say the same about many other diets out there these days. Another thing I like about SB, no special foods you have to buy to follow this plan!!!!

Please, don't hesitate to ask questiosn, we'll be happy to answer them as best we can.

GOOD LUCK!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-20-2001, 09:51 AM   #57  

Hallo Debbie

Thanks for the quick responds.

It is also not my intention to put a diet down, (as I said I had very good result with the current WOE, but what work for the one person doesn’t mean it will work for the next. I need something that I can follow for the rest of my life and don’t feel deprived every single day. And I believe in keeping a balance between the food groups.

I looked into the website you advised.

Is there a program that you follow on SB, like an induction for 2 weeks, or do you just eating the foods that are allowed?

How quick do you see results?

Will I gain weight if I ad whole grains, and fruit to my eating plan?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:56 AM   #58  
aka Zippy LiverFace

DEBBIE, VIV, MELIRIS – L' SHANAH TOVAH

NANCEMEISTER – You are absolutely adorable!! I love your hair! Beautiful family!! So glad Dan the Man doesn’t have to leave. How’s the job going? Are you looking for another job? Ya know there TONS of nursing jobs here in Orlando!! They all appear to pay pretty darn well also….and we alternate between desert situations and tropical forrest siutations. AND one of my hottest job leads is at a hospital right now…..If I get the job I could certainly start the NANCEMEISTER CAMPAIGN to get you hired.

BOB – I was relieved to hear that you are okay. Glad you were only minorly inconvenienced. I also immediately thought of Skeeter when you said your baby was preggers. Since it’s NOT Skeeter will he be helping you knit some booties?

FILLISE – Congrats on the tape measure going down. The scale will surely follow. That working out is paying off!! I hate counting calories, sugar grams, etc. too! I did use Fitday religiously for a while, but then things got weird at work so I quit going on even at lunch. When I get home the last thing I want to do (or have time to do) is log my food. Thankfully I did it long enough to learn a lot about my ratios and total intake values. It really does help, doesn’t it?

TW (That’s Thunderwoman shorthand) My name is Sonya also! Don’t know if I welcomed you to the board, but I’ve been reading your posts. WELCOME!! I’m originally from Mississippi with lots of relatives in Winnfield, LA and Baton Rouge. We have killer thunderstorms in MS also. Here in FL we have lots of lightning, but not always the thunder that goes with it. I used to love sitting on the porch with my daddy watching the storms blow through. The rain is very comforting to me.

VIV – Your pictures are great! You look like as much fun as you sound on this board. Glad your family is safe. We’ve heard lots of stories of people in our ministry and their families surviving the tragedy because they were late for a meeting, had sales calls in the morning, etc. One man had an office on the 84th floor of the 2nd tower and his boss had sent him out to buy a tv so they could watch the coverage on the first tower in their office. While he was out getting the tv the 2nd tower was hit. Just amazing. I wonder if the towers weren’t abnormally more empty than usual on Tuesday. Hearing so many wonderful stories of people esacping the tragedy it certainly seems like it. Praise God! Is Hubby home now? Would we see him on TV or is it local news only?

MARIE Way to go getting out there still feeling yucky….when I don’t feel good I don’t do ANYTHING!! (Vince will agree! ) I sure hope you are feeling better soon! I hope WIW was better for you than me – I’ll have to catch up with you!!

MELIRIS Those wonderful compliments from people are enough to keep someone on plan, aren’t they? I LIVE for people to notice sometimes, but my losses have been every so slow and, therefore, very difficult for even me to see. Maybe when I break 190 it’ll be more noticeable. My resume is posted on monster.com and brainbuzz.com. I also check some of the local job boards daily and buy the Sunday paper. I’ve contacted a few friends to see what they know of the market. I actually got a call from a head hunter who’s working on getting me an interview with a company around the corner. They are re-organizing their upper level structure as their head guy just moved to the HQ further away. Filling his position is a little more important than the one I’m applying for at the moment. I hope things look better for you up there! Gotta be rough having both of you looking. Has your brother been called out? They just showed a bunch of Marines being shipped out this morning.

KIM I hope you’re relaxing and enjoying the healing process!! Looking feaverishly for news from Paul to Deb. (Okay, got it! Glad you’re doing well!!!)

GATORGAL You are TOO NICE!! Thank you! Maybe you could add boiled eggs to your salad for the extra protein? You could take the yolks out and just eat the whites. We buy protein powder (KITT can recommend some of the best and probably get you a good deal on some if you’re interested). I mix a scoop of the protein powder with an 8oz. container of nonfat plain yogurt for a mid-morning snack. It’s very low fat and good source of protein that keeps me filled to lunch time.

RHOO Glad to hear from you! It’s nice to have that private time, isn’t it? I don’t want to share it with ANYONE when I finally get it – being a mom it’s probably way more rare than it is for me. I understand having to get away from the tv. We rented 2 movies recently and we hardly ever rent movies. We watch them in 30 minute increments so it takes so long to watch them.

FLY So glad to hear from you and that things are going well!! Isn’t it nice to have people notice and not thinking well it’s my “DIET”, but rather “how I’ve changed my eating habits…..permanently.” Congratulations!! If they start the draft again Vince may try to get a fake id that says he’s young enough to be drafted If he had connections he’d probably already be over there doing covert operations to take out those cowards. (Part of me wishes we did have connections and part of me is so glad we don’t!) I am looking forward to the INFINITE JUSTICE being meted out!

CATLOVER – Way to kick butt on the golf course! I know that must be an elated feeling that lasts for days.

DEBBIE – My heart goes out to you! You have come A LOOOONNNNNGGGG WAY!!! You’ve been “fixing” areas of your life – your woe, your emotional eating, your physical fitness and more than we probably know about here. Remember how the smallest change can make a BIG DIFFERENCE in how we feel about ourselves? I know you feel like there is so much to change/improve/tuck that it isn’t worth looking into, but I disagree! Really you won’t know unless you talk to a PROFESSIONAL who knows what’s available and what a realistic goal is. Plastic surgery and the like are much more affordable than they were say, 10 years ago. I had suction lipectomy in my thighs and hips when I was in college. I weighed 186 lbs. – had a size 6 waist and size 18 hips. It looked like some cruel person had fused 2 totally different bodies together. EVERYTHING I owned was taken up 8-10 inches in the waist. It was very expensive and inconvenient to buy clothes. I would have guys come up and flirt and talk with me when I was sitting down or standing behind something, but when I moved out the change in their facial expressions was obvious – not just a paranoid observance. I worked out 6 days a week – HARD and got down to 155 lbs. to be able to have the surgery. I didn’t lose but 5 lbs. in the surgery (back then they couldn’t take out as much as they can now, but I became proportionate! I could buy size 8 and size 10 clothes and not have to have them adjusted too much. It made a HUGE difference in my self-esteem. It was not an alternative to losing weight, it was an enhancement after losing the weight. I’d do it tomorrow if I thought it would help my self-esteem. I say make an appointment with an approved Dr. – check their credentials very thoroughly – and tell him/her what your concerns are – the areas you want to improve – and see what they say and recommend. Worse case scenario? You decide that you don’t want to do it. Maybe just taking care of one of the things you mentioned would be enough to make you happier – maybe he’ll tell you something you can do that none of us knows about to get the results without surgery. I’m all for it!!

AMSERAPHIM – So glad to hear from you!! Sorry to hear about your gm. Are there others in her apt. complex her age or also lonely that they could get together? We had some who played cards and just stood on the sidwalk talking to each other in our old complex. They also had continental breakfasts once a month in the office and all the retired and elderly people would come there to hang out and see each other. Also, there may be non-profit organizations who specialize in visiting the homebound people. CONGRATS on reaching 120!! You’ll reach your goal, I Just know it!! Thought about you yesterday as I was planting blue plumbon (some bush with blue flowers – I spelled it wrong, I know.) Vince said I planted them too close to the house so I get to move them out today! Planted some marigolds and basil and parsley around the mailbox. The mailman got a kick out of the herbs being used as decorator plants. Really that’s the best place for them to get the sun they need and the marigolds are supposed to keep the bugs away from them. We’ll see – our yard is mostly sand and I don’t know if I mixed enough potting soil with the sand.

ANNA Thanks for checking in with us! You’ll get back down to your 132 – I have no doubt about that! You and DEBBIE are 2 of the most determined women I know! Look at how far you’ve come – you won’t ever go back there.

HENSA – WELCOME!!! You’ve picked a good one coming on here! When my endocrinologist diagnosed me with PCOS she immediately put me on the SB diet. I feel this is the most realistic diet I’ve seen so far and it’s completely “doable” and, more important to me, doable for my husband also – I don’t have to fix “special” meals for myself – everything we can eat is good and good for all of us and tastes good! You’ll be glad you’re here!

Well, I’ve been on too long and must run. WIW wasn’t too good for me – up 1.5 to 198.5 lbs. yesterday. I haven’t been drinking my water like normal and my eating schedule is way off whack since being out of work. I’ve been indulging in too much SF ice cream too. I know what I need to do – just need to do it! I don’t want MARIE to get too far ahead (below) me and not be able to cross that 190 line with her!

have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-20-2001, 11:07 AM   #59  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

I'm late for work but wanted to get in a quit general post. The latest is Dan the Man hasn't been called in....still on a 2 hour notice to get to the base at even given time, but so far he's been in bed with me everynight. I have a "test" to take for a new position I'm applying for over at the local school district for an Adminstrative Assistant position. I take the test at 2:00pm tomorrow and if all goes well, maybe I'll get an interview and then can really razzle dazzle them! Having been doing great on plan...stomach and dokie problems...I think from nerves, hopefully that will all settle down SOON!

Thank you all for the nice complements on the fam mug shot. Thank goodness you all got to see a DECENT picture of me before Debbie posts the one she took here while in Ca.

Gotta scoot. Touchbase soon!!!! XOXOXO to all!!!
Old 09-20-2001, 11:18 AM   #60  
Goddess

Default Thursday Morning

Scale still stuck! It's like the needle is glued to the 237 mark. I doule checked it against the balance scale at the gym yesterday--which says the same. Sigh, so I know the scale isn't broken.

The more I think about it the more I think Gator has the right idea--Deb, Frog, we know that we are doing what we are supposed to--why not try to weigh only once a week and see if it helps to put our attention on letting being OP be it's own reward?

Hensa--Welcome! SB has changed my life! After years of yo yo dieting and then years and years of having given up completely, SB is a WOE (way of eating) that I can live with forever. I've been following this WOE for 14 months now and I've lost 63 lbs. As you can see frommy earlier post--I'm in something of a stall now, but I'm working out regularly and my tape measure is showing progress--even if the scale isn't! Moreover this is a healthy way of eating. There is no food group that you cannot eat--even sugar because you are eating it as it naturally occurs in foods. Your body will get enough of the nutrients it needs. If you haven't done so, I strongly urge you to buy the book (Sugarbusters: Cut Sugar to Trim Fat). Or even the new Sugarbusters! for Kids--because it explains the essentials of this WOE so well.

Sol--Nice to hear from you--I'm starting to hate WIW!

Oh well--lot's of work to do today. I'll try to log back on tonight!

Susan
300/237/150
July 10, 2000
Closed Thread