Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many servings of dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc) do you have in a typical day?
None, I'm allergic to dairy 1 3.85%
1 serving 5 19.23%
2 servings 7 26.92%
3 servings 9 34.62%
4 servings 1 3.85%
5 servings 3 11.54%
6 servings 0 0%
lets just say, I could be mistaken for a cow, I eat so much dairy! 0 0%
I haven't a clue! 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 06:37 PM   #61  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Thought I'd get in a quick post before Eli gets home.

The local news had two things that I found a bit unsettling, one was a terrorist who is dead, and they didn't say when, who, or how-could of been one in the plane for all I know, lived in Kendall, where I live, still would like to hear more info on that. The other is that they have a BOLO (be on the look out) for a rental car with 2 Middle Eastern men who stopped and asked for directions to Turkey Point which is just south of here and is a nuclear power plant!

I picked up a couple books at the library, one is the SB for KIDS, just to see what they have to say in there, and another is the GLUCOSE REVOLUTION LIFE PLAN-will give you a review of both when I have them read.

Did good with my water today, didn't yesterday, so making up for it today-praying I'll see a loss on the scale soon, it seems not to be going much in either direction, but I would like it to go in the southern direction!

AMSER sent me a site that has a wonderful poem about what happened on Tuesday, written by a 17 year old. It's worth reading, so here's the link:

http://www.minibite.com/wtcpoem.htm

KAREN, loved the article you posted on the scale! Thanks so much! I answered yes to all 3 questions in the first paragraph!

FILLISE, that's a wonderful and powerful piece you wrote, thanks for sharing the site so we could read it.

BOB & LAMAP, seems you both are going to get some nasty weather from Gabrielle-let us know how things are with you two!!!!

Okay, going to start some salad-I'll try to check in later. I hit the hay last night around 9pm, I think I was more emotionally tired than physically. Hope I can stay up a little later tonight!

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Debbie
194/126.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Last edited by Debelli; 09-13-2001 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:01 PM   #62  
sef

wHO CAN TEAR THEMSLVES AWAY FROM THE TV? I FIND I CAN'T. I GO ABOUT DOING THINGS AND HAVE TO RETURN TO SEE THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS.

IT IS ONLY A LITTLE THING, PERHAPS. BUT TODAY MY HEART HURT FOR ONE OF THE RESIDENTS AT THE NURSING HAPPEN. TODAT WAS CURRENT EVENTS AND BOY WAS THERE INTEREST!! oNE LADY WAS SO UPSET BY IT ALL. HER SON WORKS AT NASA AND SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIM AS "THAT'S WHERE THEY MAKE ALL THE ROCKETS AND THINGS, WHAT A TARGET THAT COULD BE!"

SHE FINALLY GOT TO TALK TO HIM THIS MORNING AND SHE SAID SHE FELT BETTER BUT STILL WAS WORRIED.

TO ME, IT BROUGHT HOME THE FACT THAT EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE WEREN'T AT GROUND ZERO, THERE IS A RIPPLE EFFECT AND IT REACHES US ALL. YOU CRY WITH THE FAMILIES SEARCHING HOSPITALS AND CENTERS FOR LOVED ONES, WITH THE RESCUERS WHO HAVE FOUND SOMEONE ALIVE, WITH THE RESCUERS WHO RAISED THE AMERICAN FLAG, WITH CHILDREN WHO HAVE SEEN THE EVENTS ON TV AND DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE ACARED AND WORRIED, THE PEOPLE WITH REPIRATORY OR HEART PROBLEMS THAT HAVE EXACERBATED BY THIS EVENT. THE LIST CAN ON AND ON.

BUT WE WILL SURVIVE! wE ARE AMERICANS!!!

SHIRLEY

Sorry I got carried away with my thoughts, a senior moment!
Old 09-13-2001, 08:10 PM   #63  
Mel

Default Thursday

Oh, please not nuclear power plants- that's the only thing near here that my ds pointed out could be a target (25 miles away).

Gator- Glad you enjoyed Southeastern Pa. I live about 5 miles up the road from Baldwins Book Barn, one of my favorite places. I remember as kid racing through the place from floor to floor, hiding behind the rickety shelves. As an adult, I went there less because my kids did the same thing and I was afraid they'd fall through the floors! To add some local color- Ted Baldwin is in jail now (or maybe recently out) for augmenting his income by masterminding a scheme to steal platinum from a local precious metals reclamation plant. It worked for a few years before he got caught. I grew up in NW Wilmington and went to school with a lot of the Montchanin, Greenville and Chadds Ford folks. A lot were named Du Pont. They had some great birthday parties! It really is a lovely area.

Karen- The scale article was all too true. I was devastated this morning that my 1 lb loss had reappeared even tho I'd done a great weight workout and a run yesterday and eaten really well. Felt depressed all day- tho there are plenty of other reasons for that! But the article rang all too true.

Thunder- WELCOME This is a great community. I'm new here too, but the support and inspiration I've received has been invaluable.

Deb- Eli's story sounds heartbreaking but I'm sure he's and incredibly strong person. One of the things Fillise said made me think that so many of the people in this country are HERE because of forms of terrorism in their or their ancestors' homelands. My family fled Russia and Germany in the early 1900's when Jews weren't real popular there. Not sure there ever was a time when Jews were real popular there....Speaking of which, how in the world am I going to make an SB legal latke??? It seems doubly unfair that people who have fled one place because of terrorism, persecution and injustice now have to live in fear again.

Here's a recipe I found on another 3FC board- someday when I'm really bored I have to try it. It's not entirely SB legal, but sometimes allowances have to be made!

BAKED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brush chicken well with melted butter; salt and pepper.

Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan in oven.

Listen for popping sounds; when chicken's *** blows out the oven door
and flies across the room, chicken is done.

I guess you could substitute olive oil for the butter

Mel
Old 09-13-2001, 08:58 PM   #64  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!!

Still sitting here STUNNED!!! Still can't believe I've seen this happen in my lifetime....here on American soil!!
What's to keep them from starting a war over here? I'M MAD..DAMN MAD
Did you all see on the news what the Queen had the band do at the "changing of the guard" today? She had them play the STAR SPANGLED BANNER!!

SUSAN & GATOR NO GAMES AT ALL THIS WEEKEND...[b]GATOR, they are saying that we might not even play our game...that there might not be a need for it. Evidently they might wait to see what's going on at the end of the season...
So, unless you're just going to sit and have a picnic or something at the stadium Saturday....don't make the trip...stay home and sit by that beautiful pond in your back yard..

MEL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT GOOD LAUGH THAT I JUST HAD COURTEST OF YOU!!!! I definately needed that!

LAURIE Be careful...this is supposed to hit us first but get worse as it moves up the coast..

WHERE IS ANN???

QUILTER Glad to hear from you. Say hello to Paul and Andrea for me....and give MADDIE GIRL a little rub behind the ears will you?

KAREN Just hold on, we'll make it...this is a LONG HARD JOURNEY that we have undertaken...the road is long with a lot of BUMPS!!!

DEB I hope that no one has said or done anything to ELI...I know he can hold his own, but there have been some really big problems with that kind of thing all over today..
RAINING here as we speak....100% tomorrow....70% on Saturday and Sunday....LOVELY WEEKEND I MUST SAY!!! It's a good thing my house needs cleaning!!!

I'm off to lurk in other places.....STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!

BOB
Old 09-13-2001, 09:19 PM   #65  
karen3000

BOB - I'm glad you are on your way! Don't know if I can hold out much longer!

Karen

Old 09-13-2001, 09:48 PM   #66  
viv

Just a quick note...

Mom is still in Chicago - OHare has not yet been opened.

Our schools have been gathering supplies for the Salvation Army and it was heartening to see all the bags and boxes we all brought. And it's also nice to see all those flags beginning to fly outside homes.

Hope everyone's friends and families are well.

viv
Old 09-13-2001, 10:04 PM   #67  
Little Engine That Could

Hi Karen2000--Yep, we enjoyed Wisc. immensely. I think I wrote a post to you a couple of weeks ago all about it. I forget what I said by now. We had pretty good weather except for one day in Door County, which was a great place to visit. The American Club in Kohler was fine. I had a facial and a pedicure there. Almost fell asleep during the facial.

Debelli--I agree with you when you say that we would be just as bad as the scum who did this to us if we trash someone just because they are Arab. I personally don’t understand how anyone could worship a god that gets pleasure from the killing of innocent people. It seems that that kind of god just gives permission for men to act out their depraved natures that came when sin entered the world. That kind of god is a false god, no better than a piece of wood or carved piece of stone.

Meliris--thanks for the “local color” regarding Baldwin’s. It makes it even a more fascinating place. Yep, the duPonts really have added to the area. We spent a day at Winterthur. I LOVE that place. I arranged for two private tours, one on Penn. dutch folk art, and the other on china ware. Very interesting. We saw a great fireworks show at Longwood. I highly recommend it if you ever can go. Tickets were $22 but worth it. I got them almost 6 months ago.

BOB--We got the news this afternoon about the game. We had invited friends, had a cottage reserved at a great little B & B in Gainesville, and I had my menu all picked out. But we’ll have to wait. I wasn’t sure if we would get to play UT at all. Hope so. Guess we’ll spend the weekend around the TV. It is supposed to rain anyway, like it has done all day. I even flew my American flag in the rain. I was determined to fly it. We invited our friends over for dinner tomorrow night, so we will do something else instead of going to the game. I have to admit, I can’t imagine cheering very heartily at the game. After all of this, a football game is not all that important. Actually, it was not all that important before, but just FUN.

Gotta go and clean up the kitchen. Take care all, and pray for our country.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:17 AM   #68  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default Still in shock

Sorry for being so remiss in posting, but I, too, have been glued to the tv when not doing the job hunt stuff. It's been 3 whole days since this happened and I don't feel any better than I did when the attacks first happened.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone here is safe and that families are all accounted for. We have a family friend who was a wine steward in the WTC restaurant, but, thankfully, she had quit recently. I'm sure she lost a lot of friends, though. One of Vince's co-workers has a brother in law who owns a company with almost 1000 employees who all work out of the WTC. The owner decided he didn't feel like going to work on Tuesday so he didn't. He escaped the horrible attack, but is now desparately trying to locate his employees. I'm sure all of us have stories like that. It truly is a far reaching attack.

BOB, I did see a tape of the changing of the guards this morning and got tears in my eyes seeing all those people gathered around the wrought iron fence crying and holding articles about the attacks.

It is certainly hard to get "pepped up" for interviews this week. I had an interview Wednesday with a company my dad used connections to get for me. It's a sales position, though, and I'm so darned tired of sales - that's why I became a computer geek. After much deliberation and stress I decided to withdraw my application and sent thank you letters to that affect. (They will probably be relieved as I'm sure I didn't come across as an enthusiastic sales person with all that's going on and my ambivalence about the position.)

WIW was good to me - back to 197. I see Marie is now 1 lb. ahead of me. We'll cross that 180 lb. mark together, I'm sure!! Keep up the good work!

DEBBIE - I wondered how Eli was doing with all this going on. I hope he doesn't run into any ugly situations. MSU is where many, many Middle Eastern men come to study engineering since we're among the best in the nation. I think small town mentality can be the best or the worst depending on the people (thankfully, nothing bad has happened in Starkville). Hopefully Miami and other big cities have enough diversity for people to realize that you can't pigeon-hole people.

Thanks for all the support and condolences on my job search. There sure isn't a lot out there, but I keep telling myself I only need one! I do have a great lead on one job that would be with a great company. I turned in application information and am waiting for them to check it and get back with me about the next step in the interview process. I sure hope they hurry! COBRA is expensive as sh**, but I've got to continue my insurance with all the meds I'm on. Unemployment doesn't pay much, either.

I'll write individual replies when I can. Gabrielle is going to come see us after she leaves BOB and LARA's neck of the woods. They said to expect 6-10 inches of rain today and lots of tornado warnings.

Today is the 5 year anniversary of Vince and me getting married. The stinker bought a beautiful flower arrangement and the sweetest card for me yesterday since he's working today. I'm fixing to go to Publix and get a card and some cookies and sweets to take to the police department. Women like flowers - men (and their co-workers) like food!

have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-14-2001, 08:47 AM   #69  

Default God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home

I am still here, but I've been permanently changed. I have been obsessed with the news to the point that I've taken my portable tv to work the past 2 days.

PLEASE PRAY for our nation's leaders, the heroic acts of people who are rescuing and recovering victims, and those who've lost loved ones. Pray for our enemies that they will see the error in their thinking. I pray that none of you were impacted by the terrorists' acts. I pray that future attempts to terrorize Americans will be thwarted. PRAY for PEACE.

I have family members who are former military who are eager to return to service immediately. My first thoughts are NO! But I must realize that this may be what it takes to return peace to this world. Support our Patriots who will defend the flag and the nation without regard for themselves. If you have a flag, please display it.

Please give blood if you can, donate money and/or volunteer at releif agencies, do whatever you can. I am going to the Red Cross to answer phones. It is the first thing that I believed I could do to help. I will keep looking for ways to assist, I hope that you will too.

As much as I love chatting and reading with you all, I am having trouble making posting here a priority. I'm sure that you are all feeling similarly. Let's try to continue to touch base with each other when we can.

As always,

PEACE,
Frog
Old 09-14-2001, 09:01 AM   #70  

Good Friday Morning Everyone!

It's an ugly morning here in Miami, but probably not as bad as it is up were BOB and LAMAP are-they are going to be a lot worse today. After I took Michael to school I went for my walk, exchanging my water bottle in the holder for my umbrella. To say it was dark out there was an understatment. BUT, as stubborn as I am (sometimes), I went out, half way through it started lightening and then 3/4 of the way started to rain lightly and the winds picked up. I wasn't even in the house 10 seconds when it started to down pour and the electricity flickered-lucky to make it back when I did. Even through that, it was a great walk/jog!!!! I had a NEW SECOND BEST TIME!!!!! I did it in 49:29, just 8 seconds slower than my best. BUT what I really was proud of was that I did some of the longest jogs ever! After I dropped Lauren off at school I went in the car and measured where I had jogged-1 time it was over 1/2 a mile!

Still more news on our Nation's tragedy, so many connections from Fl, it's scary. Not sure what to believe anymore, seem all the nuts are coming out of the woodworks now. I continue to pray for those who've lost loved ones and for those that may still be trapped and alive in the ruble.

I have to run and get in the shower. My Mother needs me to sit in for her at her building today and I have to be there at 9:30am, so I have to skiddadle. I'll be back later this afternoon and will reply to everyone then. Just wanted to get in this quickie that I had a chance to write before I had to take Lauren to school.

I hope you all have a good day today despite the chaos that's been happening. Just remember, tell those you love how imortant they are to you while you're here, we never know when our time is up in the world. And on that note, you all MUST KNOW just how important you are to me To those who've I had the pleasure of meeting in person and to those I've only had the chance to know via e-mail and this board, no matter what, you're all important to me in my book!!!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Later!

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-14-2001, 02:07 PM   #71  
Goddess

Default Friday

I just finished watching the national prayer service. It comforted me--a small victory because it means we can begin the long healing process.

I'm not much in the mood to talk about food today--but so far so good. I did go out with some friends for Sushi last night, but I needed the night out. Sushi rice is like the highest GI for rice, but I made sure that rice was the only starchy carbs I ate yesterday--everything else was protein or veggie. No difference on the scale today, but sometimes it takes a couple of days to show up if it is going to. I'm back OP today--and hitting the protein hard again.

I'm going to workout in a little while too. That will get my third session in for the week--so on that level it's been a good week.

Sol--Happy Anniversary! Vince sounds so thoughtful--get him some delicious cookies!

Frog--Know what you mean. I come back here to keep myself grounded.

Gator--sounds like you have good alternative plans. It sure seems like the SEC was shamed into postponing this week's games.

Susan
Old 09-14-2001, 07:16 PM   #72  

I got sent this, this morning and have my candle burning here in NZ.

http://www.top-greetings.com/cards/298/

Am thinking of you all as is the world, well those that deserve earth space anyway IMHO

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won.
There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall --
think of it, ALWAYS.

~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-14-2001, 07:47 PM   #73  
Golfing Gal

good evening ladies.
Hope those that have or had to contend with Gabrielle are fairing okay.

Still glued to the tv. Still cant believe it happened. Glad to hear that no-one on this board lost or is looking for loved ones. I just cant imagine what those people are going through. I pray that the good lord eases their pain , and guides the President in making his decisions on retaliation. Deb read those articles from Mr. Pitts and the article from the canadian. I am going to print them out and do something with them. I also agree with you on not taking out agressions on people who might be the same nationality but not the same religions as the cowards who attacked us. Hope Eli doesnt come across any of those kind of idiots.

Welcome to the newbies. Glad you found us. You will soon learn we are a caring and enthusiastic bunch. Deb is awsome. Quite an inspiration to us all.

Sorry I didnt check in WiW but nothing new to report. Weight has stayed the same. Havent been exercising, so my Sept goal is shot. Did manage to mow the front yard earlier. Golfed Sun,Mon,Tues and Thurs, so I guess that counts as some form of exercise. At least I get my water in.

Well ladies its time I say goodbye for now. Have to get my dinner ready, and get tuned back in to Cnn to catch the latest.

Will catch yall later.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:56 PM   #74  

Hi everyone

I managed to see some of the memorial service to-day (while at work) and am sitting here at home with my candle burning and thinking of you all.

There've been a few problems in TO to-day with people verbally abusing moslem women and children. I just hope people can keep their sanity and this behaviour doesn't escalate. Too bad that the women and children are targeted , but the moslem women are easily identifiable as most of them wear the hijab (headscarf).

Solshine - Happy anniversary. Yes, we will keep each other company on the way down to 180!

Deb - Congrats on your second best time. Didn't I read this yesterday? At this rate you will soon by surpassing your previous best time. Glad you got home before the storm really hit. Hope all is O.K. with Eli.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

Marie.
Old 09-14-2001, 09:35 PM   #75  

Evening All

Not much new going on down here-life's a bore, but I guess that's not such a bad thing sometimes.

Poor Eli is bushed, working long hours and going in so early-I told him to go to bed at 9pm, gives me some time to get in my post.

SEF, I couldn't agree with you more, this has not only affected those who's lost loved ones, not only those who live in NY & DC, not only Americans, but the whole world. To see other countries on TV singing our songs and showing their respect, it shows the whole world, at least those who have a heart, that have all been effected by this tragedy.

MEL, had no idea you were a member of "the tribe". I never thought about Turkey Point much until this happened to our country. I can't obsess over things like that though, it doesn't help, I'm not moving, at least not right now-if it's my time to go, it's my time-I truly believe everything is destined. Don't worry about a SB legal latke, it CAN be made with sweet potato, or you could even make zucchini latkes! I've postd a wonderful recipe in the past for Mandelbrot-it's too good!!! Interesting recipe you posted

BOB, did you get bad weather there? Are you and Skeeter treading water??? Let us know what's going on there!!!! No one has said diddly to Eli, anyone who knows him wouldn't think of it anyhow-anyone who doesn't know him, well, you know how he can play games with people-crap, he could say he's French if he wanted to, he speaks fluent French, so who would think differently. I'm not worried, he's not worried. We had falafel today-thought of you

VIV, has you Mom come back yet?????

SOL, glad to see you are down another pound-CONGRATS! I think you and ROSALIE have broke through that stinking plateau finally! Eli's doing fine, nothing said to him and I doubt anyone will say a thing anyhow-he feels the same way about the extremists as we do. Good luck on getting that one position you'd like to get. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY-hope you had a wonderful day with Vince celebrating it.

FROG, thanks for checking in, I know the board's not a big priority, but for me, it's what's keeping me somewhat sane and focused on not giving in to letting those *******s (aren't I putting it nicely) the upper hand of obsessing over what they've done, or what they may do next.

FILLISE, I'm not sure about the rice being as bad as we think. I just got the Glucose Revolution Life Plan book from the library and glanced at different sections, one with rice-I'll have to post the info another time, maybe we can make sense of what it says about the different rices-plus, I wouldn't worry so much about it, I'm sure the protein that was in it brought the GI of the rice down a bit.

BEE, thanks for posting that site, it was nice It's so nice to see people all over the world mourning with the US!

CAT, those were powerful pieces I posted and I know the one by Pitts has circulated all over the US, and probably the world. Eli's fine, no one better mess with him!!! Why throw out the baby with the bath water? Meaning, why say your goal is shot for the month? Just reaccess your goal, make a few changes and make a new goal, you still have more than half a month

MARIE, there are Moslems here as well who are afraid to even go out now. It's sad, but I'm not surprised, there is ignoramuses everywhere! Yes, you are correct, I did post my second best time the other day, but beat it today! I hope I can beat my best time ever soon-which shouldn't be that hard to do once the weather starts to cool down a bit. I may of been able to do so today if it wasn't for the rain and wind. I never thought I'd be jogging in my life and I thought about why I was doing it now (besides doing it to boost my metabolism), and I thought, BECAUSE I CAN!!! One day, I won't be able to do it, but I can now, so why not! I've NEVER been able to run in my life. I remember when I was in elementary school and we had to run a lap, I couldn't do it and almost died when I tried-it was terrible back then, but now, at almost 40, I CAN DO IT!!

Ladies, I'm outta here. Hope to catch a few garage sales tomorrow, but there's not many, so I'm sure I'll be back home quickly.

Have a good weekend!

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread