Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #76  

Hey! I am on dh new laptop he bought today and I'm trying to get used to it. He has had his eye on one for a while, but couldn't find just the right one. He had a class in Stone Mountain today and went by Frye's. He liked this one so there you go!

We had steaks tonight with a homemade mushroom sauce and broccoli casserole. I also had a baked potato and am totally stuffed now . I am thinking about going for a long walk now since I was not totally legal, but I'm not sure if I can walk or if I just need a push to roll down the street !

Bob- Send me that recipe when you get a chance. I think I will search for one on the internet and see what I come up with!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #77  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey friends!

Well, TGIF! That’s all I can say! I was so happy when the last kid left my room today I think I could have done a cart wheel! Today was ok – I’m just really tired. For supper tonight we had pizza. A local pizza place here makes a WW crust and they don’t use a lot of sauce (hardly any) so we got one from there. The crust wasn’t as good as I remember it to be…it was very thin – kinda like cardboard! I don’t mind a thin crust but this was WAY thin! I had 2 slices – 1 small, 1 medium sized. So, I didn’t do bad.

My sister is coming over to babysit for Alexis tomorrow. We had a sitter lined up last weekend so that Terry and I could go out to celebrate our anniversary and I ended up sick. So, we just paid her to come and help Terry. It’s our niece so she was more than happy to help. So, we are going tomorrow to meet friends at our favorite watering hole! I will allow myself to have 1 daiquiri and that’s it. I had to laugh when I got sick – I said you see…I had my blowout planned before I started my diet and I got sick – now I’m starting my diet and then I’m going to go out and blow it! Well, I won’t blow it – I worked to darn hard this week to do that! Then on Sunday we are going to a surprise party for 2 of our friends but I’ll be back on plan and I won’t cheat! PROMISE!

MONET: That’s how it works huh? I never knew! Laura and Justin live with you? If so – you will be spoiling that baby to pieces! I’m sure she will appreciate the help! Hope you are feeling better soon!

THIN: Clear out that space sista! We have some free weights upstairs that I can work with too once I start really getting in the groove! I’m just waiting for someone to shove me up the stairs!

TECH: I’m no expert on growing things but my dad grows tomatoes every year. His problem is the squirrels – they are ruining all of his plants. He set up rat traps on the trees to try to kill them – isn’t that horrible??! He tried to shoot them with a pellet gun but his shot wasn’t that great so he has resorted to the traps – I don’t think those work either. He mentioned something about them just getting stunned!! HAHA!

SOLLY: What’s the injection for again? I would like to be able to reach my feet comfortably to be able to give myself a pedicure – but – until then, I’ll just keep paying for them! I got a very nice note from the parent – apologizing for his behavior – can you believe it? I heard this parent is really “good” so hopefully we never have a difference in opinion! We’ll see! As for my OP weekend – I will have 1 daiquiri and that’s it. I used to have 4 so 1 is an improvement!! I haven’t had a drink in so long – 1 will probably do me in!

TALITHA: How in the world are you going to have time to homeschool with a new baby? Don’t you think it will be rough? What made you decide to do that? Just curious!

Well, I'm heading out for now! I'll try to check back in tomorrow - if not - I hope to see you Sunday!

Missy
Old 08-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #78  

Hey everyone! Its been a long frustrating day. Laura, Justin and Kaeleb still are not home. The insurance company is refusing to pay for his heart monitor. The hospital claims there is a physician's order that he can not be discharged unless he HAS one, and Laura and Justin can't afford one without insurance. They are telling Laura she can go home, but she can't bring the baby. I am glad I am not there to hear her. She is not one you want to tick off! He has to have a monitor because SIDS runs in Justin's family. He had a brother who died of it, and he had to wear monitors when he was a baby. I can't believe the monitors are so expensive that the insurance would refuse to pay for it. It might save his life! So here it is, 10:45, and they have not left the hospital yet.

Ruth and Erik came for dinner, hoping to meet Kaeleb, and just left. They will come back tomorrow. They live 45 minutes away, so they really wanted to see him tonight.

I fixed enchiladas for dinner tonight. We had cheese dip, refried beans and guacamole too. I tried not to eat too much, but I am sure I over did it. I don't feel sick from my shot, which concerns me. I am willing to bet it did not work well, and my glucose levels are now too high. They are like a roller coaster- high and low then high again. It is kind of frustating.

I had planned to write replies, but now I am exhausted, so I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully by then the drama with the baby will have been solved and he will be home, safe, sound and monitored.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #79  

Monet- I hear you on the crappy insurance. We pay about $700 a month for our insurance, but we now owe over $5000 for Lucas' birth that they don't cover. It's crap!! There go my dreams of a car that runs and has space for all of us.

I'm not eating so well. I made a big bowl od popcorn last night and ate it by myself. I took the kdis to a party down the street and I was so good not to put one thing in my mouth. I even only drank water. Then I come hoe and pig out on popcorn

Missy- I was homeschooled my whole life, and DH was homeschooled in middle and highschool. We've always known we wanted to homeschool our children. There are such amazing resources now and tons of local support groups and activities. I'm really excited about it. I'm actually starting a year early with Selah. She's only 3 1/2 but she can already read 2 letter words, count to 20 in English and Spanish,m knows tons of colors and shapes. The other day I was driving and she yelled out "Mama, the stop sign is an octagon!" How the heck did she get so smart? Anyway, I feel like it's worth a shot to get her going a year early, so that I have a bigger gap between ehr and the boys. It's be easier with a newborn than a toddler, right? Then, if later on she needs to back up a year it won't be a big deal. We may not get a full year ahead, but it'll be something.

ALright. It's 10 am and I haven't had breakfast. I'm going to go make a smoothie. I'll have a salad for lunch with chicken and boiled eggs. Then who knows what is for dinner. We have another birthday party to take the kids to tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm up to it or not. We'll see.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #80  

Happy Saturday to all.... Just finished a breakfast of a green banana, two soft boiled eggs and a piece of ww toast. I need to get busy and clean the kitchen next but thought I would pop on here first. We're having stir fry tonight and I want to cut up my vegetables so it will be easier. Its kind of overcast here today. Other than that a lazy day is planned. Hope you're all enjoying your week end...
Old 08-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #81  

Hello everyone! Laura, Justin and Kaeleb finally got home last night around midnight. I stayed up and fixed them some dinner, held the baby while the ate, and finally got in bed after 2:30. I slept until 7, or 8, then went back to sleep until about 9. I guess I slept ok, as I am not falling asleep sitting here.

Ruth and Erik came by this morning, saw the baby and picked up James to go out to Dim Sum with them. I hope they bring me back some bean curd rolls. I fixed breakfast for the new parents, and held the baby while they ate. He has been rather fussy off and on, but that is to be expected.

Not much going on here...its raining and the thunder is scaring the cat. He is such a wuss! We need the rain, but I am hoping it ends this afternoon so I can get some exercise in the pool.

I hope everyone is doing well.

TALITHA: That is outrageous about your insurance! I really think the whole problem is greed on the part of insurance companies. Give my sweetie Selah a hug and kiss from me. Jacob too. I don't want to leave Lucas out, but he has not met me yet!

TONI: You are doing great with your treadmilling! Yay! I love making stir fries. So healthy and fast! What do you put in yours? I love simple ones, like beef and broccoli, or beef and asparagus.

FRUIT: Happy Anniversary, a bit late! I hope you have fun. Enjoy your weekend! You are so awesome to teach those little ones. It takes a ton of patience to get them 'trained' to the classroom.

THIN: I would love a laptop! Watch those baked potatoes!

To everyone I missed, Hello!

Old 08-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #82  

I got part of my basement cleaned out and it looks so good! Now for the other 2/3 or so... Maybe next weekend I will tackle a little more.

Talitha and Monet-I hear you on the insurance deal. I just got a statement this morning for lipids that the kids had drawn a couple of weeks ago. They were both done at the same lab, same time. They say they will pay for Sean, but not Rachel. Go figure? I will call them on Monday and try to find out what is going on. I also am still sorting out problems with Sean's surgery and at least I have help from the ENT/allergist for this one. Insurance needed them to prove that parts of the surgery were medically necessary and not just cosmetic. Is it cosmetic to be able to breathe?

Every one else-Hello Have a great weekend!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #83  

You're not going to believe all of the CRAP I've eaten today!!! I'm so mad at myself, but I'm still sitting here and feel sooo hungry!!!!

Breakfast- FIber shake and 1/2 a WW Banana Nut Muffin (it was pretty small)
Snack- 1/2 a banana, 2 squares 75% organic chocolate
Lunch- Personal size frozen pizza, an apple
Snack- Popcorn, 2 more squares of chocolate
Snack- 1 Peach, 3 Newman-O's Ginger cookies

It's only 6pm and I'm still hungry!! i've eaten crap all day. Wait, somewhere in there I ate a clementine, too. I'm going to eat a salad for dinner, like I should have had for lunch. I'm going to make scrambled eggs with spinach and goatcheese for the kids, so I'll have a little of that for protein. And I definitely need some detox tea. I have got to get control or what I'm eating!! This baby is breastfeeding liek a hoss, but I need to eat healthy food to make up for it, not cookies and chocolate. And all of that fruit with no veggies, ugh...

Ok, rant over...

Monet- GLad they got home ok!!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #84  

TALITHA: If you are not eating enough to heal and produce milk, you are going to binge. EAT! Eat good stuff and plenty of it. Do NOT worry about limiting your portions just now. You need nutrients very much right now. The only crap I saw on that menu was the cookies, and at least they were better crap than Chips Ahoy! The chocolate was legal, and the popcorn is iffy..the pizza was probably white flour, but still not terrible for a woman who just gave birth and is breastfeeding. Don't beat yourself up!

I need to go finish up dinner and serve it. We went to the Mall of Georgia tonight, and Tom got some shoes for work. We stopped at the store and the liquor store and ran into a few young guys from church. So dinner is late..and everyone is hungry.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #85  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

It's a HOT ONE here on the GULF COAST OF FLA!! No breeze, but a few clouds moving in and we can only hope for some rain!

Just got in from the grocery..just needed veggies today..I'm going to throw a beef roast with all the trimmings in the oven for supper. I'll throw together some slaw and that will be it..

OK THIN..Here is the recipe!

CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE

3oz 1/3 less FAT PHILLY CREAM CHEESE, softened
1 C milk
2 large eggs
1 carton egg beaters (equal to 2 eggs)
2 C 50% less fat shredded chedder
1 10oz pkg frozen spinach (chopped) thawed and squeezed
1 C frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeeze that too!
1/2 small onion, chopped
5 fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt

IN MIXING BOWL, BEAT CREAM CHEESE. ADD MILK, EGGS AND EGG SUB, SALT AND PEPPER. BEAT UNTIL SMOOTH. STIR IN REMAINING INGREDIENTS. TRANSFER TO A 10IN QUICHE PAN COATED WITH NONSTICK COOKING SPRAY (A PIE DISH IS FINE)

BAKE 350 DEGREES FOR 45-50 MINUTES OR UNTIL A KNIFE INSERTED NEAR THE CENTER COMES OUT PRETTY CLEAN. SERVES 8

I pretty much follow this recipe for the base of my quiche. I sometimes add whatever I can find in the fridge to throw in it including sausage or bacon...or whatever meat you have available. I also double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan to bake in...cut into squares freeze and you've got breakfast for the week!

I'm off to get some things done...

BOB
Old 08-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #86  

Good afternoon... I've spent most of the week end sleeping. Guess my body is resting from all the company. I finally made myself get up! Had a wonderful sandwich for lunch of avocado, turkey and tomato. It was so filling and yummy.

Monet- I'm not very good at cooking stir fry but the one I made last night was steak, broccli, snow peas, green onions, ginger, garlic and bell pepper. It was so good and we really enjoyed it. Wish I was better at it.

Thin- Oh my gosh cleaning the basement! BIG JOB!

Talitha- I'm sure things will settle down soon. You'll get back to eating right soon.

Bob- That recipe looks so yummy.....

Better finish up here...
Closed Thread