Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #46  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I posted about my surgery about two weeks ago, but MONET was the only SISTA that caught it...I have a cyst in the VULVA area that has to come out and because that area tends to bleed excessivly, she wants to do it at our Cape Surgery Center (out patient) because she will have to cauterize (sp?)
I just got home from the lab work and was so glad that the 1st stick did the trick! I just hate it when they have to go digging. Anyhow, that's the scoop.
The word SURGERY is bad enough, but when it's GYN related, that's even more nerve racking to me!

Here are your MOVIE PICKS for the WEEKEND:

END OF THE SPEAR

RUNNING SCARED

THE SISTERS

As always, I'll let y'all know

I'll be back a little later...I've got some things to do this afternoon.

BOB
Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #47  

Whoa...its been a marathon day. Laura and I went to Big Lots, Publix, then home for some lunch. After lunch, we got their car from Justin's work, and took it to get the brakes worked on. While she was driving there, I stopped to get gas. It was awfully crowded because they were one cent cheaper than any other gas station. Then we went to the liquor store, and to Leslie's Pool supply where I found an indoor/outdoor clock to use for my water workouts, then we picked Justin up from work and came home. I have not been home all day it seems.

My glucose levels are STILL high, and I need to get some exercise in to bring them down. I guess the walking at Publix was not good enough. It often is. My system is all out of whack from getting up at 4....and my feet still ache from yesterdays three miles. I am bummed...physically, I can handle it just fine, but just my feet complain!

I am starving now...so I think I will find something good to snack on. Later!

Old 06-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #48  
Addicted to potato salad!

Monet: Well, my mom and dad taught me early in life that when you have conflict...keep it quiet and eventually it will blow over. My parents idea of handling bad behavior of ours was to ignore it and it will go away. If I have problems and I talk to my mom about it over the phone, it worries my mom too much and then my dad has to deal with my mom worrying and then for about a month, my dad screens my calls when I call my mom to be sure there isn't anything wrong before he lets me talk to her. It's that bad. So, when it comes to my sister and I not getting along, they ignore it and hope that we will magically get along and everything will be fine. I have had such a hard time expressing my feelings to people all my life because I've been so trained to keep it to myself...or talk about it to everyone that will listen except for the person I'm having conflict iwth and actually solve the problem. I'm working on it, though. But let me tell ya...if Kyle or SHelley ever treat the other like my sister treats me...

So, I went out at about 11 to mow the lawn. It took about four pulls and the stupid thing finally started up. I got once around the perimeter, when Shelley comes out with my cell and my friend from Rochester was on it telling me that she had to leave early because her husband was having migraines...so then she gets off and then DH calls and starts to talk and talk and then I said I really jsut wanted to get the lawn mowed before Tarzan comes swinging through (its only been less than a week!! I hate how fast it grows this time a year), but by then, the gas in the engine of the mower had drained out or something and it wouldn't start back up. I even pushed it to the nieghbors to see if he could pull it, but he had gone to the store. So, I left it ofr an hour and went back and it still wouldn't start...so I took Shelley to band practice and then went to my mom's to visit for an hour while I waited for shelley and then got in the car and didn't bring in my cell phone to my moms...so I called DH and he got mad because he said he'd been calling for hours and why does he pay for a phone if I'm not going to have it on me and he's not going to get up set because it just gets him upset and so I'm talking to him iwth the phone to my ear because SHelley has a friend in the car that I'm giving a ride home and they have the windows open and radio on and along comes a cop...you aren't supposed to talk on the phone while driving...so I just drop the phone and then come back to dh and said, sorry there was a cop going by (he kept goign, thank God) and I kept saying, can I call you back? I'm dropping off the friend, I'm waitign for Shelley, etc...so when I finally call him back because I have a five-minute window, he says, so NOW you have time for me? THis just gets me so mad. So I get home and try the mower again and nearly blew out my tampon trying to pull the friggen thing (sorry, too much info...but its the truth) and so now here I am pouring it all out to you guys so I can get it off my chest. Okay...so now I feel a little better. The lawn is still not mowed and now it probably wont get mowed until Monday because we have to go to this thing tomorrow.

On the up side...I got my order from Bidz.com...a beautiful Mystic Topaz ring, a nice diamond (Cubic Zirconia) necklace and two pairs of earrings. I'm off ot have some iced tea. Maybe I'll be back later on...I have to relax.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #49  

We went for Sean's final follow up today and everything is good. They removed the final stitch in his septum, so they snipped it in one nostril and pulled it out through the other! He has no more restrictions, play and swim as fast and as hard as he wants! We have a few more days of sinus rinses to do, but that is no problem. We don't have to go back to see him for 4 months, other than our weekly allergy shots, but those are just nurse visits. Our next stop is seeing the neurologist on Tuesday. I think he is planning to wean him off of the daily preventative Topamax that he is on. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Monet-Hope your feet stop hurting soon!

Tech- I'm enjoying myself and kids off for summer too! Goodluck this weekend!

Heart-Have a good, relaxing weekend!

Bob- Hope everything goes well with your procedure!

To everyone else I missed! Have a great weekend and don't forget the "Fathers" in your life!!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #50  

TECH: I can kind of relate to your family situation. I think I may have mentioned that when my mother died, my brother and one sister ganged up, stole everything of value or sentimental value from the house and have not spoken to me for ten years now. At first, I was pretty devastated, but now, I don't care. My other sisters were in and out with them...and I imagine they will all be in eventually, but I will still be out. I am thankful I have good friends at church, and my own family, so I don't feel too alone. Its been long enough now that it doesn't hurt as much as it did. I hope the party goes well.

THIN: That is awesome that Sean is all back to normal! I hope he can get off the Topamax too. He is going to feel like a new man!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #51  

Well I started getting sick Thursday afternoon and by yesterday morning I was miserable. SPent the morning on the phone with my Dr and My OB's office, then the whole afternoon in Urgent Care. Apparently Jacob gave me whatever he had. Still not sure if it's WHooping cough or not. Just feels like a really bad case of Bronchitis to me, which I get often. I'm having a hard time breathing, using the nebulizer and I'm on antibiotics. Gotta get better quick. Baby is due soon!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #52  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone.
Talitha--Hope you get better soon. And hope its not whooping cough. My DM had that when she was a child, back in "the olden days." It was a dreaded disease then, because you'd almost literally cough yourself to death. Just take care of yourself, gal. You've done so well through this pregnancy. How much was the grand total of weight that you gained?? I remember being amazed at how great you have been.

We took our walk this morning, my DH and I. I don't know how far, since I was not wearing my pedometer. Probably about 1.5 miles. We went to the farmer's market and got some veggies, and then walked around the village of Winter Park for about 30 minutes. We had tons of errands, and we also wanted to get away from the house for a bit, since they are reroofing the built-up part of our roof. It was beginning to leak badly onto our new "porch." We have a pickled pine ceiling in the new room, and several boards were starting to show some bad leaks, and when it rained hard we had to put buckets to catch the water. It has only been doing this for about a month, so not too bad a problem. They replaced the bad boards up there, and are retarring, rerocking and rerolling it with tar paper. Should last another 35 years! We'll probably have to have the shingle part of our roof done in about 5 years.

We got some jumbo head-on shrimp this morning and will use them for dinner: sautéed shrimp with garlic and parsley over pasta. Plus a salad. If it is late enough, we may eat out by our pond, because by then it will be cool enough to be outdoors.

Tech--Hope you read this and are not MIA totally this weekend. I am so sorry to hear about your woes with your sis and your mother and father. It reminds me so much of the "relationship" between my DS and our mom. The sad truth is that you really don't have a relationship with your mom. When you cannot be honest with each other, then you all are just playing at being "family." My DS was always the "dutiful daughter" and put up with hurtful events by my mother all these years by "stuffing it down." She never really said anything about how she felt when my mother was too busy to go to the grandchildren's graduations, or soccer tournaments, or, or, or . . . . So when you never say anything about how hurt your heart is when you are flagrantly ignored or excluded, then there is a lack of honesty and a lack of intimacy between y'all. My mother now realizes that there is something missing between her and my DS, kind of like there is an invisible wall between them. She doesn't know what it is, or why it is there, but just that it is there. My DS politely just goes on, stuffing down her feelings, just to not rock the boat. But the truth is, my relationship with my DM is much better, much more intimate. Even though I tell my mom some hard stuff and express some raw emotions, at least she knows where I am coming from, how I feel, and "who I am." We can discuss things through, and even though we may disagree, we see better into each other's "soul." So, when you avoid talking about "the big elephant in the room" and everyone carefully tiptoes around the elephant of hurts, exclusions, children being left out, sisters being domineering, etc. etc. then some sort of phoniness in the relationship exists. Actually, the "relationship" is not really a relationship, but more like very long-time acquaintances who are polite to each other.
My suggestion, like Monet's, is to speak to your family, both your parents and your sister. But speak the truth in love. Don't accuse, do name calling, or point fingers. Just state the truth of what happened, and then tell them how that affected you and your family. Tell them how you were affected in your relationship with them and how you felt in your heart. Do all this with a loving attitude. Avoid arguing with them. They probably will try to justify themselves--especially your sister. Don't respond to what she says. Just stick to your message of how their actions affected you and how you and your family felt--and keep it all with a loving attitude toward them. Hard to do, but better in the long run. Good luck to you and we all hope it will work out.

Food today:
B. raw oats--1/2 Cup--with fresh fruit and 1% milk
L. 4 oz. hamburger on 2 sl. WWSG bread with condiments. Iced tea
Dinner will be the shrimp, garlic and parsley on pasta, salad, iced tea.

Hopefully they will have finished reroofing by dinner time or we will be eating to the aroma of eau de tar.

BOB--We'll be thinking about on surgery day. I know that it will be a "piece of cake" for you, but the worry beforehand is always worse than the real thing. At least you won't have to worry about having a scar! Could have been worse if they had to cut on your face. Just trying a bit of levity here, girl, to make you smile. Keep us posted. I do remember your mentioning earlier about surgery, but as the weeks go by it is easy to get confused about what week it is and what's happening to everyone when. Do post the exact day and time the "event" will take place and we can pray for you then.

Monet--Keep up the good work with the exercise. It sounds like you still need to get on a regular plan, say, for walking x number of miles each morning and then swimming for x number of minutes at noon or in the evening. When school starts you will have to be more vigilent to get that exercise in and stick to a regular plan, rather than doing the catch as catch can plan.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #53  
Little Engine That Could

Default I know this is late for Friday Funnies, but here it is!

I thought this was funny. Hope it makes someone laugh. The Texans on this board should get a laugh.

Are you a Democrat, Republican or Texas Republican?
Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
children. Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around
the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah,
raises the knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a Glock Cal 40, and
you are an expert shot. You have only three seconds before he reaches you
and your family.

What do you do?
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor! Or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Republican's Answer:

BANG!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Texas Republican's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG! click...
(sounds of reloading). BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG! click...

Daughter: Nice grouping,
Daddy! Were those Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?

Son: Git-r-Dun, Pop! Can I shoot the next one?

Wife: You are NOT taking that to the Taxidermist!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #54  

Afternoon! I got in my 30 minute walk this morning, then Tom and I had espresso before heading out to meet two single guys from church for breakfast. When we got home, I got in 30 minutes of water aerobics before Laura's party for Justin started. His birthday is in the middle of December, so this is a half birthday surprise party for him.

Breakfast was three eggs over easy, ham, two cups of coffee with cream, espresso with cream. Lunch was a smoothie with strawberries, and a pear. Dinner will be a grilled hamburger, and some salad.

TALITHA: Feel better soon. I hope you can get some rest.

GATOR: I am not sure what you mean about me having to come up with a more regular plan for exercise? My plan is to get in at least 30 minutes a day, or more if my blood sugar levels need help. Most days I get in more like 60 minutes...30 walking in the morning, 30 water aerobics in the afternoon or evening. If they are not good, I might do two sessions of water aerobics. Usually, the blood glucose levels are good, but they can be effected by stress, in addition to amounts, or types of food. I have found that Margaritas are not good for glucose levels! Unfortunately the two I had the other night effected my bg levels for several days. I was not expecting that. I am still figuring out how I respond to some foods. For instance, whole wheat pasta is not something I can handle. It causes a spike in my glucose levels, but a friend of mine who is diabetic can handle it fine with no spikes, or anything. I figure it will take some time to understand how I react to food and life situations. Unfortunately, its VERY expensive to buy the supplies to figure it all out.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #55  
Sonya

Hi everyone,

I have been so busy I haven't had a lot of time to post or read. Went to the zoo monday, worked at moms 2 days, picked 4 gallons of blueberries in 2 days, garden is starting to come in, 7 loads of laundry this week, rearranged my bedroom and the girls. Need to clean my refrig. Hubby leaves monday nite for 2 weeks. I haven't had time to read or post. I am still on track. Haven't lost anymore. Got redbugs from my moms yard...yuuucckkk. Been putting bleach on them only have one still itching. I will kill it to! Other that that its just been plain busy around here.

Bob-will be saying a prayer for you. Hope everything goes well.

Monet-Got your email...sorry!!!!! Hope your bp levels go down.

Everyone have a wonderful SB day!!!!!
Love you all.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #56  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll

Okay, I know I snuck out the backdoor without so much as a good-bye. Here I am again sneakin' back in. Yours truly thought she could live with a weight gain as long as she got to eat. And boy have I been eating. I've gained a few pounds and almost a whole pants size. And I'm not as okay with it as I thought I would be. I did raise my goal weight from 145 up to 150I told my hubby I need you guys to help me stay on the straight and narrow. It will take me a while to catch up on things but it's good to be back. ((Everybody)) I

Love and hugs,
Crystle
235/168/150
Old 06-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #57  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOODAFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I've been so busy this weekend and the heat is terrible!!! Today is laundry day and I'm no where close to being finished!!!

Hope everyone is having a great WEEKEND!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL DAD'S LURKING!!

BOB
Old 06-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #58  

Hi all I'm back! We got back from Maui on the 11th but it has taken me a whole week to get back in the groove.
Not my eating of course tonights dinner was deli roast beef, mustard, cheetos and a wine spritzer
Tomorrow will be another day. Thank God
I will have the digital pictures put on a cd this week and will try to post some.
It was a wonderful relaxing trip and the highlight was seeing wild dolphins in a out of the way beautiful bay.

Bob if you don't mind I think I'll post the hummus recipe I use that is a cobbled together one from my sister and a cookbook. It is topped with green onions and extra virgin olive oil. We love it!!! Will do that this week.

Tech, My mother lives 3 hours away from me and has been known to come into town for doctor appointments and never even let me know she is coming to town. I have come to terms with this but I can't say her behavior doesn't hurt. But I've decided the only thing I can do about it is take note of everything she does to hurt me and not do these things to my family or friends. We can only control ourselves.

Monet, Sorry about your hours being cut. I just recently told my manager when things settle down at work (vacations and maternity leave over) I want to cut back my hours to 15 to 18.

Will talk to you all later. KayeC
Old 06-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #59  

KAYE & COUNTRY: Good to see you both back!

What a day! I am exhausted. I will try and post in the morning, but I have a doctor's appointment at 10:45, and will need to leave here by 10 to make it. I want to get in a 30 minute walk at least before I go...

Closed Thread