Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 6/12 - 6/18

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...74#post1294874

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 06-12-2006, 06:39 AM   #2  

Smile

Challenges! Challenges!

Get in at LEAST three days of exercise. Four or five would be better. Moving helps do more than just burn off more calories. It helps maintain healthy joints, heart and reduces stress. Move it!

Share something that has motivated you recently to stay on plan, or to get out and move more.

Look back over the past few months, and identify something you have achieved that you are proud of. Share it.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #3  

Default MMM- Metal Monster Monday...

Its Metal Monster Monday...or weigh in day! I have been ignoring these, due to medication frustrations. This morning though, I have a good report, so will acknowledge it.

I am down three pounds this morning! I think what helped was that I have been trying very hard to eat dinner earlier and to make sure it is a very light meal. This just works for me.....

I hope MMM is good to everyone!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  

Good MMM, Ladies!

I'm car-less.Now that JAke is better enough for me to go to the Y, I have no car!!!! Grrrrr. I still should ahve a couple weeks of being able to do my water aerobics. Hopefully the car will be done by tomorrow...

Jacob is doing much better now. We are down to 2 breathing treatments a day. Hoaven't gotten the results back on his bloodwork yet.

So, I'm going to force myself to pretend that I'm feeling like 'Nesting' for the day. I don't but if I'm having a homebirth, I need my home presentable to some extent or it will drive me crazy. All of my birthing supplies arrived on Thursday, so I'm ready to go.

Monet- COngrats on the loss
Old 06-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #5  

Good Morning,

Week-end was pretty boring.......not much going on. Went to Mom's for our normal potluck, managed to eat very well. Played a few games of cards and lost my $2.25. That was for 3 games......oh well, easy come, easy go......
Today I am cleaning house. They are calling for some severe weather this afternoon, thunder, lightening, hail, and torrential downpour. So I am going to get Buddy and walk him this afternoon incase it lasts into morning and we don't get a chance to walk. That is what happened last Thursday......no walk!!

Monet-- WTG!! Three pounds is fabulous!! Maybe the medication has hit it's mark, and things will just start going down from now on. Yeah, WOW, and good job!!

Talitha-- Just pretend the car is out in the drive and you just don't feel like going anywhere!!

Okay, ladies.......I am going to get busy and CLEAN!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #6  

Goodness! Where IS everyone??? Its been a long, tedious day. I just checked my bg levels and they are really bad...but then I deserve for them to be! I had some white basmati rice with dinner and ate a small piece of cobbler. I am about to go put on my swimming suit and get some water aerobics in before bed. It was Laura's birthday so I fixed what she asked for, and none of it was good for me.

I have been on the run all day, and I am actually pretty tired. I hope I don't fall asleep in the pool!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:11 AM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'm here. But I've gotten a crappy cold. I don't know where the heck I picked it up from, but I"m suprised because I take so many vitamins, I can't believe it got past the Vitamin C! Imagine if I hadn't been taking them...I think I'd have pneumonia!!

I've also been working on some collages for my parents' 50th anniversary party this weekend in Rochacha (rochester - that's what I call it when I don't want to go there...which is most of the time. I call it other things, too, but this is a family forum :s ) ... I have four poster boards filled with pictures...one is of their wedding day, the next is of them with all us kids and grandkids...one of them over the years as a couple..including one of their first date!! And one of them with their friends over the years and doing the things they loved doing. It's been fun.

I'm also working on finishing an afghan for my niece, Katie, who got engaged on my birthday last year!! She and her fiance are moving to NC this summer and I made her a going-away/engagement/graduation afghan. It's turning out to be one of my best!! Except I went to Walmart to get one more skeen of yarn to make it just a bit bigger and isn't it jsut a tad off in color?! So, I decided to use it as a boarder...three more rows at one end, then along the edge for one row, three more at the other end and one more along the other edge.

The dog it driving me nuts...be right back...

Okay...he's barking like an idiot and is acting all bothered and he looks like he found some mud puddle to play in. He's so gross.

Anyhow...Shelley's last day of school is tomorrow. Thank God no more getting up at 5:30 and waking up the hibernating bear, otherwise known as my husband. The stress can be overwhelming for first thing in the morning with him beign a grump and her not wanting to get a move-on. And here's me...

My new truck is awesome. Except the check engine light came on. I refuse to believe that its something to worry about. I have a month to have these things taken care of, so I'm not really worried. We also bought an extened warranty for 3 years/36 months.

Anyhow..my parents are going to be here in a minute to check out my posters and Dave Ramsey is on the Early Show...so I'll be back later.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #8  

I just got in from the grocery store, where I purchased two large bottles of 100% juice cranberry blends. I did not drink enough water yesterday, and I was ready to die last night with UTI symptoms. They have eased somewhat with all the water I have been drinking, but gosh, I have SO much to keep up with I am ready to scream! Yesterday was Laura's birthday and I spent a good part of the day trying to cook her requested dinner, get her present, go for my lab work, etc. I just plain forgot to drink water all day. duh!

TECH: I had a good chuckle over the hibernating bear comment. Used to be that I was the bear, and Tom got up at the crack of dawn and started doing things. For the last year or so, he has switched places with me. I can't sleep past 7 usually, and he wants to be left alone until 9. I used to like to lay there and pick at him, you know, run my fingers over his laugh lines, kiss his knuckles, smooth his hair. He tells me now to take a picture and play with it in the kitchen....

Old 06-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

Wow. The board is really quiet this week. Yesterday was so "chargé" (French for overloaded) that I didn't have time to get to the board. I hit the ground running when the workmen arrived at 7:30. By the time I got "on the same page" with them and their plans for the work for the week it was an hour later. I then had an 8:45 appt. to get my braces tightened (Ugh) and then I was off to lift weights. Then I went to my DH's office to sign my new will, and then lunch with my DH. Then laundry at home, grocery shopping, etc. etc. etc. I did not lose anything this week. So MMM was a wash-out. And we had a washout here with the tropical storm going through. I discovered how bacly the roof over my new porch/room is leaking. The rook guys were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, but are running behind (naturally) and so we have some bad leaking. I have decided to just get a new built-up roof done on that section. The rest of the roof is asbestos tile or whatever they make roofs with now-a-days. I finished yesterday by going to my french language class, getting home about 9 pm. A long day.

Congrats, Monet, on your loss.

I'm gonna check out right now. My computer has downloaded something and I need to restart it.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  

Good Morning,

Where is everyone?? I know that school is winding down most places, so are there a lot of graduates out there?? Or is everyone just busy??

Buddy and I got a small walk in yesterday just in case the weather was crappy today. The big storm that they were calling for missed us. And it hasn't started to rain yet this morning, so we were able to get 4 miles in this morning also. Yeah....... I am starting to feel really good about my eating again. I am pretty much back on track, and if I do eat something that isn't, I am trying for good portion control. I am finding that if I let myself eat some of the "forbidden fruit" and eat just smidgen, I am satisfied. If I deny myself and then cave......I eat it all and not just a small bit. So the lesser of two evils is to just allow myself a taste.

Monet-- Isn't Basmati rice legal?? Or is it only brown rice that is legal?? What about wild rice?? Maybe I have been eating some that I shouldn't have. I found a mushroom flavored Basmati and Wild Rice that is wonderful. Is this a no no??

Tech-- If the check engine light is on, please get it checked. It is on for some reason, and you don't want to start having other things go wrong because of it. Even with a warranty, some things may not be covered. Better safe than sorry!!

Okay, that's it for now.....I am hoping to get back here to post a picture of one of Brant's last rodeos. He made a magazine cover!! Chow........
Old 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Our golf tournament is over and I am beat. I was so wired yesterday, I got 3 hours sleep last night. I can hardly keep my eyes open today.

Eating has been horrible and the scale proves its. Got to get it under control, it is hard when you know you will be going on vacation soon,but then even harder to fit into my clothes.

Talitha, good thing you got all your birthing stuff. Now you are ready to set back and wait for the time. Try to enjoy your day at home.

Gator, gosh with all the repairs to your house, it will look like new. Be safe in the hurricane. Hopefully it will not come to that.

Don't know how much I will be here, we leave on vacation in 10 days and I have tons of work to accomplish in that time.

Monet, congrats on the 3 lbs. Hopefully that new medicine is working.

Tech, I agree, get that light fixed before the warranty runs out.

Teensy, how neat to have your son on a magazine cover.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I was sooooooo sick yesterday I got a stomach bug and spent the day in the bed when I wasn't throwing up. Today I am back at work but feel drained. I didn't do good over the weekend. And I haven't exercised since last Thursday I will start back in the morning, probably no more than 30 minutes in the AM. I think I will stay away from the scale for a few days. Seeing that number puts me in a foul mood. I'll just let the mirror and the way clothes fit be the judge. Well, I was just checking in...oh yea, let me post my menu:

Pre-bf- ate some grapes and strawberries.
Bf: 2 boiled eggs and 1 sl ww toast
Lunch: legal lean cuisine and sf yogurt
Snack: sf yogurt
Supper: Spaghetti(no noodles) and salad.

I know I don't need the spaghetti so soon but I will rinse my meat after browning to eliminate extra grease( I always do this anyway). Alright, I need to go....
Old 06-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #13  

Well, I'll call about the truck...it's jsut this cold...I really wanted to do four things today...work on my collages...finish my afghan for my niece...plant a little flowerbed for my leftover impatiens and mow the lawn. I'm so wiped out from the cold medicine...I don't dare fire up the lawn mower, I might end up mowing over Junior!! And then my best friend from Rochester is coming to visit tomorrow morning. We're going for pizza with them later in the day and then I wanted to take the kids to the movies Thursday and I am afraid they're going to say they have to keep it for a few days and next week would be much better for me. But, I suppose I should just call and get it overwith.

Monet: I'm laughing at you and Tom in the morning because I do that to Derek, too, and he looks at me like I just dumped a bucket of water on him. They're just so cute and peaceful when they sleep ...

Laurie: You sound like me...a few good days on plan and then WHOOPS!...a few days off plan with a vengeance. I get so mad at myself.

Solly: But you had fun, though, right? And that's the main thing...

Teensy: Glad the storm missed you!!

Gator: I'm exhausted just reading your post. I imagine being a general contractor if Florida would be very lucrative...there seems to be a shorage of them these days!!

Talitha: Did I miss something? What happened to Jake? How are you feeling, by the way?

I really needed a nap a little bit ago, but with Kyle home with me, naps aren't on my list of things I can do...so I got a bright idea and had him read me a bedtime story on my bed with me. So, I got to close my eyes for about 15 mins while he read to me and brushed my hair back on my forehead and 'took care' of me. He's so sweet...he really makes my heart melt.

Okay...I'm going to call the dealer. I have to take Kyle and Junior for a walk to the post office. I'm so dizzy, maybe it will help. If I feel safe driving, then I may take it over...but only if I don't feel dizzy.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #14  

Well I've joined our group of sickies! I've had a horrible cough and been down since last Thursday. I've slept so much over the last few days. Today I feel a bit better but still weak. Anyway heres hopeing I get better everyday. And so do the rest of you ill ones. Eating has been awful. I just eat what suits my tummy right now. Need to go lay back down. Have a good day...
Old 06-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #15  

Okay...welll....I started a hurricane thread over on the support forum because you guys know what a geek I am when it comes to weather and all...but nobody seems to want to talk about it much there.

Anyhow...I was just looking at a radar view of Alberto as he plowed into the Plywood State and that thing was REALLY getting organized before it hit landfall. It would have developed into a hurricane with no problem if it hadn't encountered land...I hope all you guys down south didn't toss out your plywood from last year...if Alberto is any sign..we're in for another active tropical year!! I hope I'm wrong...but this is so early for these things. I know the official start of hurricane season is June 1, but its still so rare to see one that's that spirally looking this early.

If any of you guys in Florida are thinking of moving..I suggest Northern New York...the only thing we use plywood for up here is for ice fishing huts!!
Closed Thread