Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #31  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Y'ALL HAVE GOT TO SEE TRANSAMERICA It is so good....funny and some serious parts, but mostly funny. I really enjoyed it. Felicity Huffman is such a great actress!!!

What's everyone got planned for the Holiday Weekend? My Brother arrives tomorrow and will be here for about a week. They are staying over on the beach, so I'll be over there some and will proably be burned up! I'm so fair skinned that I can't be out long before the burn sets in! If all my freckles would run together, I would have a great tan!

I'm off to fix supper...I'll be back in a little while!

BOB
Old 05-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #32  
Sonya

Howdy Bob,

Don't get to fried now...lol. If you stored the pic of Curtis and us send it to Monet. I had so much trouble sending it to you that I will let you do it...heehee.

Monet-I sent Bob a family pic of us. So glad to hear your leveling out..Like I told you it takes a few weeks. Have a great day!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #33  

Good evening. I had a Crazy day... Water aerobics, Chiropractor, Midwife, Farmer's Market and then home for a nap. THen up to clean the house and feed the kids dinner.

Eating wasn't very good today

B-COffee Protein Shake YUMMMMM
L- Chickfila Chargrill Sandwich on the totally not legal Honewheat bun. Even ate some of the kiddos fries, sigh...
S- Brown Rice cake and some dried pineapple
D- Rotisserie Chicken and steamed broccoli, A few dates.

Are the Luna bars legal? what are the bars that everone eats? I need to do better at having snacks in my purse so that I'm not tempted to, oh... eat at chickfila? I was too starved to make it to the Farmers Market to eat lunch. DIdn't get there till 1:30

So, I'm still at 11lbs weight gain so far. I'm guessing I'll be about 18 total by the end. Not bad at all. Speaking of the end, I've got sooo much to do before this baby comes. Baby may be breech again. I'm trying not to worry about it. It was really strange. He felt like he was head up, but his hearttones were such that it would be really strange for him to be. SO I may ahve to have another Ultrasound to find out, which I REALLY don't want to do. I cna see it now. Since they are already doing one, they'll want to do a weight estimate, which will say my baby is huge (and will be crap, of course) and then that means another reason to press a repeat c-section. NOT happening. I'm goiing to tell them that they absolutely do NOT have permission to do an estimate. IT would be stupid anyway, my babies have been small (6lbs and 7lbs 4 oz).

Ok, off to give the kiddos a bath.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:34 PM   #34  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Sonya,
I don't have it anymore. After all that trouble, I should have framed it! Try sending it to Monet and see if she gets it...SORRY!!

BOB
Old 05-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #35  

Good evening...

Forgive, for I have sinned. I ate corn on the cob, two hot dogs, one with a bun, one without, and about 2/3 of a burger on a bun. That was a PILE of dinner and I am seriously dreading checking the old blood glucose level. I did not get in a walk after dinner, or even a swim. You all may hear me screaming from here!

Laura had the two kids she babysits for over to swim after school today. Their mom picked them up here, and I invited them to stay for dinner. It was nice, the kids are crazy and the mom very nice. I enjoyed it. We ate outside at my birthday patio table and chairs. I really like having them.

THUNDER: Send the pic to me, and I will post if for you if you like. If you want to do that, just send me a private message and I will reply with my email address.

Ok, off to get ready for bed, and stuff like that.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #36  

Default Have you ever wondered if exercise REALLY helps?

Its a bit late for Tuesday tips...but here is a tip from me. I will start with a story.

There once was a woman with Type 2 diabetes. She stupidly ate too much at dinner...including a big no no, corn on the cob! Two hours later, as recommended, she checked her blood glucose levels. They were horrible! They were two hundred twenty five! (normal would be about one hundred twenty for after a meal like that, or 80 to 90 for before a meal) So, this stupid woman put on her bathing suit and went and jogged in her pool in the dark for 30 minutes.
She then checked her glucose levels again... One hundred nineteen! That is an awesome drop of one hundred and six points in thirty minutes! The moral of the story: exercise is crucial to normalizing blood glucose levels and helping your body utilize insulin properly. Better use of insulin, less insulin, easier weight loss. Less risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.

So, my dear friends, if you are not getting any exercise, find a way to work it in. Even if you can only get in 10 minutes. Park a few spaces farther away from the door of the store, plan your shopping to criss cross the store, just for extra steps. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for listening. Good night and sweet dreams.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #37  
Sonya

Bob, Bob, Bob, thats ok I will try to send it to Monet. Have a wonderful nite!

Monet-I sent you a private message with my email addy. Stay away from that corn. Pure sugar when it hits the blood stream!!!!!

Love you all, sweet dreams!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:04 AM   #38  

UH oh. I thought we are allowed corn once in awhile? Was I wrong? I've had it jsut maybe twice in the last month. and one time was 1/2 an ear. SO should I avoid that? I jsut bought more at the market yesterday, but I can feed it to the kids. The looovveeee it.

So, you know the little toe fungus guy that pops up on thise site? Jacob (16 months) has started roaring at it every time he sees it. It's so cute. I've never said a thing about it, but if he's playing next tome and sees it on the screen he pops straight up and starts to point and roar like a lion. I love my sweet little guy.

Today I'm off to the park with the kids with the church group. THen I have to make a meal for a family that had a baby. Is it bad that I'm just not into it? I don't feel like cooking at all, even for us. I don't know what I'll make. Maybe I should give them my corn on the cob...

Monet- Do you use leg weights when you jog in th ewater? I jsut ordered some for my water aerobics class. I'm so excited!! Maybe I should go over there and just jog in the ater for 1/2 an hour before the park. I never thought of that. I've never gone on my own becasue I wouldn't know what to do.

Ok, I'm done with my smoothie (Strawberry banana today). I guess I whould go check out all of the stuff I bought yesterday for some inspiration...
Old 05-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #39  

Good morning! I got my espresso and am contemplating my day. I have a lot more cleaning to do, but I did get something done yesterday.

TALITHA: NO, corn is NOT legal! Popcorn is what is ok now and then, but corn on the cob should be a once a year when it is in season thing. If even then.... It was requested by Justin, so I served it. I ate it and man, it just was unbelievable what it did to my glucose levels. I have not been over 200 in weeks! Another few points and I would have had to be concerned about ketones again. Seeing the impact foods have on glucose levels is VERY motivating! I am going to be eating salads today! Oh, and be careful with the bananas too. They are high glycemic as well.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #40  

I do 1/2 a banana in my smoothie sometimes. Not even once a week. I'm supposed to make sure I get enough potassium, so I thought that would help. I can drop that, too
Old 05-25-2006, 08:43 AM   #41  

TALITHA: No, I would not drop it if the doctor wants you to get enough potassium. It does happen to be one of the best ways to get it...that and lite salt, which I can't use due to my bp meds.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #42  
Little Engine That Could

Thanks for your story, Monet. I will now put on my walking shoes and take a two mile walk, even though I don't want to. Great motivation.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I Have not deserted you. Still crazy here at work. times flies so quickly. Hopefully next week things will be better. I miss chatting you all of you.

Monet, watch what you eat and take care of yourself. No food is worth that.
to everyone else.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #44  

Smile

I just got out of the pool. Man, I LOVE doing water aerobics! It lowers my bg levels, and just feels so effortless, and I can do it any time of day...cause it doesn't matter if the sun is hot! I got a book on it, and I am going to see if I can find another one that is simpler. I need to get TALITHA over here to teach me what they do in her class at the Y!

Ruth just left. We got a good bit of cleaning done.

The phone just rang.... It was the DOCTOR! Just calling to tell me how impressed he is with my drop in blood sugar, and all the exercise, etc. He is going to add Metformin to my meds in hopes it will work well enough to phase out the other drug and hopefully help me to be able to lose weight. Oh yeah! I am not crazy about taking drugs, but at this point, I am more concerned about getting the bg numbers down...and hopefully get the insulin levels down too. If I don't, I will never lose!

Time for me to think about dinner. I am trying to attach a picture Thunderwoman sent me of her family...if I can't get it to attach I will try again later. Her and her hubby are standing in the back, seated in front of her is her brother and wife, and her girls are in the front with her step aunt. (Sonya, correct me if that is wrong!)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thunder and fam.JPG (24.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #45  
Sonya

Monet you are correct...thanks so much. It is so blurry I thought I had edited it I will try to send it to you again edited.
Closed Thread