Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #76  
Sonya

Default Hi All

Sorry I've been gone and not been able to post the last couple of days. Hubby had to go to Houston, TX yesterday so we've been preparing for that. We all loaded up and went with him. Boy you talk about rain, yesterday evening when we left Houston it was horrendous, couldn't hardly see the road. Took us 2 hours to get from Houston to Livingston, TX
I've dropped 3 more pounds but yesterday I drank to much diet coke I don't want to drink that much ever again. I am still staying on track and am going to stay on track. I see everyones been very busy, I think it must be catching...lol. It rained on us all the way from Houston to Louisiana and then all nite. Now thats what I call rrrraaaaiiiinnnn.

Melf-congrats on the upcoming new gran baby. That Brocc Taco recipe sounds like I need to try it. Hows Mr. Thurman doing with his church?

Bob- Have you heard from Deb lately, hows she doing.

Talitha-I see your babys doing great. As long as they can holler they are doing great My hubby couldn't be quite if his life depended on it.

Princess1122-That recipe sound so good to. I see we have quite a few new recipes since I last was on SB am going to have to print them out to use.

Monet-I know what you mean about the kids messing up the computer. We have had to ban Danielle from going into any programs other than games we pick for her. Seems like every time she got on it she clicked on something and messed up everything!!!

Pancho-Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!

Tech-I also use Frozen fruit. I put up blueberries every year in the freezer. Nothing wrong with them. I put them in my oatmeat.

To everyone else have a great great SB day!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #77  
Sonya

I have forgotten how to get the weight ticker at the bottom of our posts. Anyone tell me how to get it!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Good morning! I'm new to this forum and just wanted to join in. My name is Janet- I've posted my bio in case you're wondering- and I'm returning to SB after a very long hiatus. 1999 to be exact.

I lost my first copy of the book and had to go buy the new edition. I seem to recall that the first edition had a food plan for a few days to help you get a feel for the program. Any ideas on where I can find this?

Also, has anyone tried the tofu pasta? I'm skeptical... I have to stop at the store this weekend so I may have to report back. Is tofu OK on SB?

Man, I'm rusty...

Nice to meet you all!

Sonya: I click on "User CP" and click "Edit Signature" in the left hand column. It will say that if you want to add the clicker "click here". You select the bar (I have the dumbell) and then select the marker (I have the little monster guy) and it will give you the code. Highlight and copy it and go back up to the top and click on "User CP" again. Select "Edit Signature" again and paste your code into the box at the bottom. There may be an easier way but that's how I figured it out. I've had to change mine several times for losing then gaining back the same five pounds!

Last edited by Lafayette; 02-02-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #79  

Hello everyone. I hate to tell you how many years I've actually been lurking!
I admire all your continuing efforts and successes with weight loss and life in general.
To tell you a little bit about myself I am married (will be 25 years in June!) and have two sons. One is 18 and will graduate in may and my baby turns 16 this saturday(snif, snif). I enjoy being home but work part time at JC Penney in the window covering department. It is fun to help people figure out their color schemes etc.
Lately I have been doing a lot of that myself because we are in the midst of redecorating the living room, master bedroom and dining room of our home. However, the painter lady has snuck down and is painting in our finished basement as well. My husband is afraid she will become like Eldon on Murphy Brown.
When I got on the scales earlier this week I was at 168.5. My first goal is to get to 160.
The stress of making the decisions on the redecorating has led me to find my favorite cinnamon rolls a little to often lately!
Well I need to get ready to go to work. I'll check in later. KayeC
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies,

Popping in here b/c I'm trying to hold out 1 more hour until lunch, but I am getting very hungry. I was trying not to snack between meals, but that protein smoothie is long gone.

Got in about 45 minutes at the gym last night. DD's ankle was bothering her so we didn't get to stay long. We will go again tonight so that makes 4 days at the gym. I'm pleased with that. Wish I could do it every week.

Nothing exciting with me.

Talitha, your scale is probably ok, you will have fluctuations like that. I wouldn't worry about it. But hey, at least it is down instead of up. Hope you get a nap in sometime today.

Country, I tried Fitday, but just down't have the time to set everything up. I'm not really sure how to use it. God job getting that exercise in before the rain.

Thin, going to high school is so exciting. But those 4 years fly by.

Melf, That recipe sounds wonderful. Does the slaw take the place of the lettuce?

Gator, How was the rose society? Did you see some beautiful roses?

Tech, check on an on-line calorie counter. When you type in strawberries, it will come up with choices, fresh, etc.

Monet, sounds like the invitations will be beautiful.

Princess, have the checked for endometrios? My DD has it and it is quite painful.

Thunder, 3 more pounds is awesome. Watch the diet coke.

Lafayette, Welcoe, this is a great board. Lots of info and friendship. The reciepes in the book are for maintenance. Check out the recipe section for some ideas or most people post their daily menues/

Kayc, Glad you decided to finally join in. Ask any questions you may have. You have set a very reasonable goal. Where are you from?

Have a great day
Old 02-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #81  
Sonya

Default Hi Everyone

Got the Ticker info. Thank you so much Lafayette!!!!! And welcome Lafayette and Solly!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #82  

Princess, I need to copy your mushroon recipe. I love mushrooms & it sounds great.

Solly, Yes, I believe the slaw does take the place of lettuce. I'm anxious to try it cold after it's been refrigerated overnight. I'm sure the flavors mixed together will only make it taste better. I did store the ground turkey separate from the rest, however.

Sonya, sounds like quiet an experience of a ride home with all the rain! It was bad here around midnight. I was still awake. Thurman is doing well. Still working full time & enjoying his preaching too. He mentioned something the other night that one day he'd like it to be a larger church & I thought please Lord, I'm just now use to this small church! LOL

Lafayette, Welcome to the board! Glad you decided to join in. I had lost my first edition book also but was able to find one on ebay for $5.00! Might want to check there for one.

KayC, welcome also! Always good to have new faces to join us.

Well I was up very late last night & I've been up since early to bring Mom to Wound Care & they were pleased with the way her wound looked this am. Think I'll head for the bed for a nap.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Checking in!

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in quick and see how everyone is doing.

Thunder: I am so jealous! you and I started at the same time and you are just dropping the weight faster then all get out... Any words of advise for me?

Solly: I have had endo in the past and they checked me for it this time around also but they don't seem to think that is the problem... we will keep looking is all they keep saying.

Welcome to all of the newbies! It is so good to have you all with us

Melf: I love to crochet! I just need to find the time to work on the two blankets that I have started...

Monet: Computer issues are just the worst... we don't realize how much we use/depend on them until they start acting up... hope it gets better.

Thin: Love Hawaii! I spent two weeks there a very long time ago and fell in love with it. Have a great time!

Country: Thanks for the thinking of me... this kind of seems to be a monthly thing so I just try and make it thru and miss as little of work as possible.

Sorry if I missed anyone but have a great night all!

Princess
Old 02-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #84  

A sense of humor does many things. Not only does it make you feel less tense and anxious, but it gives you better judgement as well. Rather than being bogged down with seriousness, you're able to rise above the cloud and see things more clearly.

One of the ultimate tests of being human is to be able to wish someone else well - even when you may be hurt. If you can do this, you'll experience the magic of the healing power of love.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. My birthday wasn't too exciting. The kids and my DH made my cake and bought me a few little trinket gifts over the weekend, so everything was done and over with by my actual birthday.

Britt seems to be coming down with a chest cold again. I am sure the air quality has so much to do with it. We haven't had rain in 107 days, and that breaks an all-time record. The air quality is horrible.

I went to the gym on Tues & today, and hope to go tomorrow, if Britt makes it to school.

My eating has been good too. I was at 122.5# this morning, but will wait and see what it says Monday before I change my ticker.

Ken: Just wondering if you are lurking ever, and if so how you are doing. How is the new baby, and how is your daughter adjusting to the new member?

Heart: Are you around? We miss you popping in. Work must be busy!

Solly: You have been so dedicated to your exercise; great job!

Country: Your little puppy sounds so precious; it makes me want one.

Monet: There is nothing more frustrating than an ill computer! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sounds like this school job is right down your alley. You seem to be really enjoying it, and I am sure the children are able to share your enthusiasm.

Melf: I hope that knitting doesn't hurt your shoulder. Enjoy getting back into it. Thanks for the recipe; I'll have to try it.

Talitha: We don't have the TV on much either. There are so many other productive things for the kids to do. My girls love when they are home with daddy because he lets them watch TV and play computer games.

Princess: Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Thunder: Great job staying OP even while away!

Lafayette: Welcome aboard; we are glad to have you back.

Kaye: Welcome aboard. Glad you came out of hiding, and joined our fun group.

I better go get some things done and figure out something for dinner.

Have a great OP day.

Can you belive tomorrow is Friday already? This week flew by!

Take care,
Nat
Old 02-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #85  

Oh no, we are all getting colds. I called Travis because he left this morning,a nd he's getting it too. Jacob and Selah are both vomitting, I'm getting miserable myself. We just all got over this a few weeks ago!!!
Like I'm not tired enough form being up since 4:30!! I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get to the market tomorrow. We have no fruit or veggies. No eggs, milk, bread. Not even chicken broth or juice!! Uggghhh...Travis won't be home till Saturday morning. ANyway, I just wanted to pout.

I'm also bummed because my MIL called to say she can't go with us to the ultrasound on tuesday. It's wierd. I thought she would be excited abotu being involved. I had this perfect picture in my head of she and my mother both being there so that if they say it's a girl we can tell them she will be named after both of them. She acted like it was wierd that we invited her. It's not liek it's jsut a plain sonogram. It's the 3d cool one. ALthough she had no idea what that was so I guess she doesn't realize what she is missing... I don't know why it hurt my feelings so much.

I had a taco salad, no shell for lunch. Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I'm feeling sorry for myself so may ahve some popcorn after the kdis go to bed.

Pancho- Hope you get to the gym tomorrow. The only TV we have in the house is a 13 inch. THat in itself is a big deterent, and I purposely have it positioned so it's not so comfy to watch tv from the couch. No remote and Deffinitely no cable!! All little tricks to keep us from using it often. I so like to watch House and LOST, but didn't catch either this week. Selah mostly watches VeggieTales and Dora videos in all Spanish.

Lafayette and KayC- Welcome!! So exciting to have fresh blood

Solly-I got 15 minutes in befor emy MIL called me...sigh...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #86  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quickie to Talitha: I know how you feel...I'd feel kind of rejected from my MIL, too, if I asked her to attend something as eventful as an ultrasound involving her grandchild. And you've made it into a really special event, seeing as how you're going to name the baby after the gramma if its a girl and all. I had my parents with me and Derek in the room when we had our ultrasound with Kyle. I invited them, not thinking they'd want to go, but they did. My dad was fascinated and I really thought he'd be weird about it. After all...my parents and I'm guessing your parents are maybe a tiny bit younger than mine, but still that same generation...before our day of modern things like ultrasound and fathers being involved in the birthing process. I know for a fact that when me and my brother and sister were born, my dad would have rather been in a different zip code than know anything about what my mom was going through. And I think there's a quiet little resentment amongst some men at the men that started the whole men-being-in-the-room thing.

But what I'm getting at is not to take it to personally that your mother in law seems standoffish about going. I'd try to talk her into it, but understand that maybe it's weirding her out...like maybe she thinks it a personal thing that you and Travis should be sharing together. Try and talk her into it, because I think it's something that every gramma would love and remember forever. But these things were very personal and private back in the 60's and 70's when our moms were having babies (am I way off here with the time? forgive me if I am...I'm just assuming). It wasn't until the 80's, really, that people started getting really...dare I say 'liberal' about the whole birthing process.

Then, again, I could be way off base and maybe she's just a boring stick in the mud. But don't take it personal. You are just trying to involve her in something extremely special. Its not you...it's all her...in my humble opinion.

But my mom and dad coming to my ultrasound was sooo cool. My dad was like, "Wow...would ya look at that?" And my mom was like, "Ooooohhh...how cute..." And of course I was bawling my eyes out saying "My babyyyy...". I cry about everything. You should see me watching Little House on the Prairie...I'm a wreck!! I was a total wreck at my wedding...
Kris
Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #87  

Hello all, I'm still here. I try to read the post everyday to every other. I just don't post much. I don't know what to say really. Nothing exciting has happened. I'm still holding on to the 4 pounds lost first week and no more in the last 3 weeks.

Hello to the newbies.

I was reading some on the Sonoma post, just wondering what the difference was between that and SB. ???

I need to start excercising, and everyday I say I am when I get home. But then I fix supper I'm ready to sit in my recliner and rest after a stressful day at work.

I love reading everyones posts and I always enjoy the recipes. Both of those recipes posted this week sound wonderful. Can't wait to try them.

Thanks for missing my posting Monet. I guess I just need to jump it and just post to let everyone know I'm here.

Well I hear my recliner calling my name. Talk later, Hugcrystal
Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #88  

TECH: You are off just a bit...my first child was born in 78, and his daddy would have had to be dying, or tied up to miss it! He just about delivered #2, who arrived in 81, and by 86, when #3 arrived, birthing rooms had become standard. We were not the first wave of father's in the delivery room either...my older siblings were into it too, when they were starting to have kids in the early 70's. I think the attitudes began to change with the sexual revolution of the second half of the sixties... Just my 2 cents worth....
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #89  
Sonya

Hi all just a quicky.

Princess--I have cut out all breads and a lot of pasta unless I am eating Spagetti and meat sauce (legal of course). And I drink lots of water about 1 1/2 gallons a day. I have a problem controling how much bread because I like bread to much. I ate my first 2 pieces of bread today and will not eat any more for 3 weeks. I have also found that by not drinking diet cokes I drop 10 lbs in a week...even tho its diet it retains lots of fluids. I eat oatmeal also every morning with fresh frozen blueberries cooked in the oatmeal with 2 pieces of turkey bacon or 2 pieces sausage. Sometimes I eat eggs scrambled or fried with the same meats. I always have a breakfast meat. Its just not breakfast for me without meat.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #90  

HUG: I know how you feel about the recliner calling you! BUT, you might find you have more energy and can handle the daily stresses better if you get some exercise. Just a nice short brisk walk will do wonders! I always lost much better when I am getting my walking in. Once you get to know us all better, it will be easier to chat more often!
Closed Thread