Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #106  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I'M HOME....MY BODY IS WORN OUT, BUT I'M NOT SLEEPY!!

TALITHA...Cathy is sending me two tubes of the cream. Her MIL is a breast cancer survivor, Cathy's Mom died from breast cancer as did her GM and her GM'S TWO SISTERS, and my Mom's MOM died from BREAST CANCER...None of us are supposed to take estrogen. SO..since your product is all natural, I'm going to give it a whirl. Linda (Cathy's MIL) swears by it. I can't wait to get my hot little hands on it. She sent me a catalog and the print outs about the product. Very interesting reading. I also want to get Dr Lee's book. Have you read it?

HUGCRYSTAL....stick with the SB way of eating, the SONOMA DIET would be VERY expensive to follow..also, those people out in California don't eat much so I would think you'd be hungry!

SOLLY...I've got some LUNESTA coming from my drug company (mail). I've been out and just forgot to order it. This little blue pill does WONDERS!! It absolutely just shuts off your brain so it doesn't race.

THIN...get yourself some GLASSES!! OR..better yet..if you're bent on buying a new scale, pick up one of those with the magnified numbers~!

MONET...if you go by the book, immediate family on both sides. out of town family and friends (but you don't have too). His family pays so when they decide on how many people are invited, then y'all split the number for invitations. You can do it three ways and include the kids friends, but that's not really necessary since their bridesmaids and groomsmen should be there.

KAYEC...WELCOME to our little corner of the board! Glad to have you!

JAILENE...get on back here..we miss having you around!

MELF..Glad to hear your Mom is adjusting well. CONGRATS on the baby!

PRINCESS...

SUSAN...

I'm off for now...stopped and picked up some more movies:

LORD OF WARS
THE RIVER KING
THE MAN

Later

BOB
Old 02-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #107  

Allow me to clarify on the rehearsal dinner thing. Here, it is family that is invited, and perhaps out of town guests. That would mean, and cousins, aunts, uncles etc. that are invited to the wedding are invited to the rehearsal dinner. And of course, the wedding party and any significant others attached to them. Laura was holding to that view. For her older sister's rehearsal dinner, it was the wedding party, family members, and a few out of town guests, like my good friend who is single and drove down from Virginia for the wedding. It was mostly family...Tom's siblings, my siblings and cousins. The minister and his wife were also invited. I wanted the photographer there, but his mother was eager to keep it small since she was paying for it. Ok, for THIS wedding, the groom's mother thinks only the wedding party and parents are invited. NO family. So, by her way of thinking, (and she agreed when asked this) my son is not invited because he is not in the wedding. My son in law is not invited. He is only married to the Matron of Honour and not IN the wedding...my mother in law is not invited. She is not IN the wedding... She says where she is from (Vermont) that is the way they do it.

Thanks for the opinions so far. Keep them coming...

I SHOULD be cleaning, but the invitations are for the most part done, and I feel like chilling a bit.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #108  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--Yep, that's the way it was, with the wedding party and immediate family just relaxing a little bit after the actual rehersal. Now a days it has gotten to be such a big deal, with everyone feeling like they are supposed to be invited. I guess if the MIL is springing for the money, she has some say in what will happen. If she is gracious, she will start being easy to get along with right away and take your dd's desires into consideration. For us, we are not even calling it a rehersal dinner, because without any bridesmaids or groomsmen, there really is no rehersal. I think the minister is coming over and running through the ceremony with the couple, but that is it. So we have just invited all the people who have taken the time and effort to come from out of town, plus all close family members in town. There will be about 20 or so, and my sister and her husband are actually giving this as a gift for the wedding. The grooms mother is way out of town, and on a budget, so we decided to make it really easy for her and she can just have fun when she is down here.

Monet--Yes, we should have gotten on the phone about 2 am. and chatted. It would have been fun.
Re. the RSVP non-responders and post-moderns--I still have trouble with the concept for those who are Believers. It certainly is not living in accordance to God's principles--not treating others like you wish to be treated, and is presumptious and not even being a good Steward of God's resources. I don't see how they can justify themselves. We are slowly getting responses, and have had 40 yesses, which are 5 more than I thought we'd get. I'm figuring that some of those yesses will be, in practice, no-shows, but who knows now-a-days.
BTW, my DS is a total post-modernist who won't commit to ANYTHING. It drives me nuts, too. I just count it as total selfishness.

I went for a "refresher" make-up lesson this afternoon. I took off all my make-up and sat in front of a mirror with the instructor at my side, and then I reapplied everything under her watchful eye. She gave me pointers and pointed out things I needed to do a little differently. It was really fun and very helpful for this old dog who is at the age where every trick in the book is needed to hold back the "ravages of time."

Solly--Hope you get to see part of the game tomorrow. I think the Gators will be playing one near the end of the season up there. I hadn't heard what the spread was. Hope the Gators can pull it out without two of their top players. One of our guys fell off his bike last week and separated his shoulder. Freaky! He is our big 3-point shooter.

KC--One of my friends with 3 boys had one of their bedrooms painted BLACK!! because that is what he wanted. I guess if that is the only odd thing they want to do, it is OK. He was a great kid.

Well, my DH just called and he is on his way home, so I'll sign off. It has rained fairly hard all day today, but I'm hoping it will clear up tomorrow. We want to finish up in the garden so that we can have the mulch company come and blow in mulch in all the beds. The florist is also coming to look around and make suggestions about how I should decorate the arch we will have on our patio. Hope her suggestions are easy!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #109  

Only have a minute, but have to respond about the Rehearsal Dinner. It's been 4 years since I gave up my wedding planning business, but I remember a little at least!!

Usually wedding party, immediate family and out of town guests. Cousins, aunts and uncles are depending on the budget and how 'touchy' it is. As much as it swould be nice to invite everyone, if she's paying you can't invite 100s of extended family. If it's jsut a few though, you may want to offer to pay for them to be included? Spouses and Significant others should absolutely be involved. See if she can compromise on it. How many aunts uncles and cousins are you talking about?

Do you want to borrow some of my wedding ettiquite books? Ok, kid screaming on my leg, be back later......
Old 02-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #110  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--I concur 100% with Talitha. It would be unspeakable rude to exclude the spouses. You could tell her than in Atlanta people would be horrible offended to not have their spouse included, even though they do it that way in Vermont or wherever she is from. What does her son say? He should be able to speak up to his mom! Talitha's idea of your paying for the extra more distant relatives is a good one. Out of town guests should also be included. What if HER relatives came and had to fend for themselves that night?! Not a good idea. There are also good wedding etiquette sites on the internet that could respond to this question.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #111  

Ah, the tune has changed a bit. Now HER sister, brother in law, and father are planning on coming, as well as the groom's father's relatives from Pa. Now we are including more....
Old 02-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #112  

Happy Sunday everyone...

We had the big 16th birthday yesterday and he liked all his gifts and is looking forward to getting his driver's license with his Dad tomorrow. My inlaws just left and part of the family is now watching Ferris Bueller and the other part will soon be working on the grocery list. Can you guess which is which!?
Here is one of the recipes I'll be making this week.

Pumpkin Curry Soup

2 tb butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 (15 oz can) Pumpkin
1 (12 oz can) evaporated milk

1) Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.

2) Add broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook,
stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. Serve warm.

bye, KayeC
Old 02-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #113  
Goddess

Default Hey!

I got back about 10 last night. The workshop was great, but I was soooo exhausted when I got home (I was on my feet from about 7 am to 6 pm and then had a 4 hour drive home). I crawled straight into bed and didn't get out until NOON!

Monet--In all the weddings I've every been involved with, Rehersal dinners are for the wedding party and out of town guests. The thinking is that you need to provide something for the out-of-towners to do during the evening. There is, however, a geat compromise. When my brother got married my parents threw the rehersal dinner for the wedding party and out of town guests. After dinner several of my SIL's friends threw a dance and invited more folks. You could do something similar and have a small dinner for just the family and wedding party and then have a party afterwards and invite the out-of-town guests.

Got to go to the grocery store. I'm almost out of food and Belle is completely out of Fancy Feast (that's the crisis--she has plenty of dry food and treats, but if there is not a stack of FF cans, she gets very nervous).

Susan
Old 02-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #114  
Sonya

Default Hi all

Hows everyone on this beautiful Sunday? Its been so nice this weekend after all the rain moved out. Haven't been able to post we have been so busy with the kids and hubby helping build my step-dad and moms new house and will be doing the same this coming week. I am still hanging in there. This makes 3 weeks I've been back on track and I am so enjoying feeling clearer in the head...lol... My mom has already noticed the difference and is trying to do the same but failing because they cannot stay away from the sweets and white bread. She gets me to pick up the legal stuff then goes right back and picks up cookies donuts and makes cobblers. I told her it will not do...lol I have not been on the scales in a couple of days I am trying to not get on them until tomorrow. I have a problem with scales I would be on them every morning if I didn't make myself not...lol Hope everyone has a great weekend will do the weigh in day before I leave in the morning.

Take care everyone!!

Old 02-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #115  

Hi all. I was trying to get to post all weekend but saw it was "closed" for posting until just sometime today. I had to work 1/2 day yesterday but no ot this coming week and only about 4 hours of it the following week and hopefully thats it for a bit.
I feel like I have had a terrible eating weekend. Ive been so out of control eating just bits of things I shouldnt . I know all those bits add up. I just dont know whats up with me as of late. Tomorrow is a new day though. I slacked a little on my exercises last week just due to be so tired after getting up at 3:30 am all week. But I think its good now and then to back off a bit and maybe get the body unused to the norm. So back to my schedule starting tonight. Im so ready for spring/summer. I miss riding my bike and mowing , trimming the yard. I love all that extra exercise. I even notice my slim dog is getting a little thick over the winter. During the warm months he just runs and runs in the backyard. And in the winter goes out about long enough to do his thing and back in so Im sure he will be happy with the warmer weather too.
Does anyone know anything about sewing machines? I just ordered a Brother SE270D Sewing/Embroidery Machine from overstock.com. Its like $999.00 new but I can get a refurbished one for $299.00. Ive read the reviews on it and it sounds great! Im so excited to get started on my sewing.

Monet- back in my young days..lol... rehearsal dinner was always just the wedding party parents and mates of the wedding party. But, I know things have changed a bit since then. Of course back when I was in high school prom was a inexpensive dress and in your dates car unlike now with expensive dresses and limos... How things change !
Old 02-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #116  

I got a new scale last night, and I love it! It is a digital one that also measures your BMI and hydration level. It supposedly is guaranteed accurate to .5 lb. I will have to wait and compare it to my dr. scale when I go for bloodwork on the 24th. The only problem is that it took my weight up 4.5 lbs. from where I thought I was, but I'm going to update my ticker by also increasing my start weight, so I don't lose any of the pounds I've lost. (hope this makes sense to ya'll!) If my weight holds for tomorrow morning, I have had a great week! Maybe something finally clicked!

We're looking for snow tonight!!! I live about 50 miles north of Atlanta and we're expecting up to two inches overnight! Hopefully we can get a snow day tomorrow! I know that sounds ridiculous to you northern girls, but we get snow so seldom down here that they only salt the major roadways and we live out in the boonies. So, it is more economical to just take a day or two off and let it melt! The kids love it though!
Closed Thread