Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How often do you eat RED MEAT???
Once or twice a week 13 37.14%
Three to four times a week 16 45.71%
Almost every day 1 2.86%
Very rarely 2 5.71%
I don't eat RED meat at all 2 5.71%
I don't eat ANY meat at all 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 10:21 PM   #121  
Goddess

Red face Before I start packing. . .

. . . I just wanted to pop in one last time before I leave. what am I going to do without you girls for a whole week

More importantly, what are you going to do without me?

Kim--I have two hummingbird feeders at the house. One is on my back terrace so I can see it while I'm working on my computer. The other is out the front windowand I can see it if I'm on the sofa reading or watching TV. I can't get enough of watching those amazing creatures--even when they aren't having sex! I also have some flowers planted that attract them. Today I saw one feeding on my fuchia plant. Some Saturdays I can kill a whole day sitting on the terrace watching them.

I got the Visor Prisim this week. In three days I already don't know what I did without it! I like the idea of the to do list and the books to read and the recipies--I think I'll incorporate your ideas! I have the franklin planner software for the handheldto switching from my paper planner is turning out to be relatively easy!

Deb--I have been told all my life that I have a vivid imagination. I simply think it is due to the fact that I have been cursed with the ability to instantly imagine the worst possible outcome to any situation. You know what I mean--Jewish and Italian are pretty close on this one. Though I had fun with the dungeon--as long as I don't have to go there

Frog--I like the sound of the old beach house. They have lots of personality and you really feel like you are at the beach. It sounds a lot like the houses my family used to rent in Myrtle Beach (picture it: 30+ Eye-talians in one house for one-two weeks. Think Sopranos on speed!).

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I found out tonight that I need to take the laptop, but I'm still not sure I'll be able to connect to the internet. If I can I'll check in. Otherwise it will be the 30th before I can check in.

Love to you all!

Susan
300/238/150
July 10, 2000
Old 07-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #122  

Hi all! Had a better day today. Was able to get some things done, including some cooking. I had found a recipe for Zucchini pizza This is a fabulous recipe! I'm not sure, but it's probably on the board already cause I remember Debbie mentioning it or someone. If you've not tried it, it is well worth your time & effort to do so. DH ate half of it & said this is definitley a KEEPER. LOL If you'd like to try it & can't locate it I'll be glad to post it or send it to ya.

Now, I've been reading & making notes the past few days & I've finally caught up, so here are a few replies.

cmd4joy Sorry, but I cannot view the site with your new GD's picture. I sure hope you can be of some help to the mental anguishes of the inmates that are requesting your assistance! I'm sure they appreciate your help.

BUTTERFLY, oh, I'm so sorry! I ate the muffin before I read your request! I need to post that recipe soon cause it is really good. Your rollerbladding sounds like a real workout. I know I am not brave enough to even try. LOL Hey, I LOVE Subway salads. I always get the tuna & use the oil & vinegar instead of dressing & it's alsolutely SB legal! You asked about the water intake. I know I don't drink near the water that I should, especially since I've been home sick, but the weight is still coming off. You said "It was very calming to see the ocean so churned up. I feel a lot of awe at God's workmanship at the beach." I sooo agree with you. I LOVE the ocean & the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. I once read someone say "The ocean is like God's thoughts scattered out" That as always stuck with me cause I think it's a neat thought.

SPARKLESCAMP, I hope we don't see your new picture in the news with a headline about "ice snitching from local bagel shop" oh girl, be careful with that rude shop maid. Frog is right, it does sound like the SOUP **** episode. hehehe Great to hear that your new eating plan is working for you. Keep up the good work. Yes, 20 lbs CAN make a big difference. It happened to me last year. Kinna snuck up on me before I knew it. Doesn't take long if we let our appetite get out of hand.

FROG, Great pictures. I admire you for being able to run like that. I use Spelt flour just like wheat flour. I have substitued it for wheat in several recipes & I like it. I heard Debbie talk about it on the board. As a matter of fact, I made the "FRUIT & OAT SCONES" again today & used the Spelt in them. Had posted the recipe last month I believe. Made them with fresh figs today. Yummy

Kim, Gee, I sure hope that you're feeling better soon. I know how being under the weather STINKS! Also looking forward to seeing the pictures! Can't wait. Been hearing about your fair city in the news again. Sure hope that doesn't get stirred up again.

lDBLOND, Hang in there girl, that 153 is obtainable & will show itself again soon, for keeps. Then you'll start looking at the 150 mark because you know you can do it. Yesterday I reached my all time low of 146, then this am I was back up to 147. That's ok because I know that 145 is in sight & it's coming soon.

FILLISE, Sounds like your business is really taking shape. Congrats!! You are tooo funny girl, with your image of Bob & Kim in DEBBIE'S DETOX DUNGEON

VIV, Sounds like your vacation in Vermont was FABULOUS! Would love to go there one day. Wow, to rent for a whole month next year? You'll definitely have to bring your puter along cause we'll miss you too much! LOL Glad to have you back, & yes, I'll try not to be too talkative if I AIM you & find one of your co-workers at the keys. LOL I hate when msn is down. Week before last, I couldn't get on all week. They had lost my buddy list when they upgraded.

ROSALIE, A new bike! How wonderful. Good for you. I'm sure you will really enjoy it. I would be lost with the gears also. The last bike I rode didn't have gears. Do they still make those? LOL Your adventure with the roller blades sound just TOO funny.

LAMAP, I'm sorry to hear that the scale is going the wrong way with you. I agree with Debbie, when we're here, posting & encouraging each other, it seems to be easier to stay motivated. I also let myself get in a slump lately & it just doesn't help ANYTHING at all, believe me. Hope to see you on the board more. That workout with the engine sounds like a really dirty job, but I'm sure your son really appreciated your help & what quality time to spend with him!

Debbie Sorry to hear that you're not feeling your best today. And tree truncks for legs? Girl! LOL Hey, came across an interesting restarant in Lafayette yesterday. DAMASCUS, a Lebanese restaraunt. I'm hoping we can try it out one day soon. Will let you know when we do.

Nance, Sorry to hear that your day yesterday was so stressful. Take care.

Bob Sure hope your DENTAL work goes well & you're even able to enjoy your time there.

AMSERAPHIM, Thanks, my back is feeling soo much better this evening. The jaw hurts, but I can tolerate it. It's been a quiet day with just me & dh. My live-in sister left early this morning before we got up, so the house has been all ours. We slept the morning away, did some cooking, washing, & dh worked out in the yard, so I've been in & out of this chair most of the evening. It has taken me all day, but I'm determined to get thru these posts today one way or another. LOL Farmer Brown (dh) brought in about 12 Butternut squash & a mess of okra today. Even picked a small cantelope, but not too sure about it. LOL It's flat on one side & still kind of green, but he said it just came off the vine, so he brought it in. He just informed me that we also have honeydew melons growing in the back garden. I LOVE those.

Adams_rib/KYMN Hope you & dh enjoy your night out.

BelindaWannabe Sounds like you & Frog had a great time. It's always so much easier when you have someone to share this woe with I think. I told my dh today that I am so happy he likes things I prepare & that he is always so supportive with it. He loves when I try new things like today. Hope you'll have a great time at the pool.

SEF, Where are you??? Did you decide to go to Houston? I thought of you yesterday & today. I remembered that you had posted a recipe for the 4 bean salad so yesterday I found it & prepared it for today. Very tasty. I'm wondering about trying black beans in the place of the pinto beans next time. Just a thought. DH enjoyed it also.

RHOO, Sounds like the perfect week-end. Kids at camp, week end at the beach, perfect weather. You GO girl. God is smiling on you!

CATLOVER, Glad to see you back on the board. Have missed you. Yes, it's easy to get side tracked sometimes, especially if you loose your motivation. I think setting mini goals may be better for you, as you can attain them, then set new ones. That's how I did mine. As far as having pity parties, hey, join the club. I threw my own last week. It helped to get it out of my system. I felt bad about it later, but I needed to vent & these wonderful ladies on the board ALL understood & were very supportive. Sometimes we just need to vent, to share, to get feedback. You've done the right thing & come to the right place. We're all in this together & will help you on your way to get started again. Hey, Bob will probably even come with her wagon for you...LOL Hang in there & by all means, stay with us.

Solshine, Are you still out there? I hope that you are feeling better & able to attend your reunion. Maybe that's where you are now. I hope so.

Hi Tiggerme, Ralynne, Starchaser, Gatorgal, Kelly, & Maragret! Hope all is ok with you'll!

Hope all of you have a blessed Sunday.
Old 07-22-2001, 12:55 AM   #123  
sef

Well, I didn't die! I just was knocked out of commission. Every so often old Arthur flares up and I have to give in (which is against my priciples) and do nothing. I was in bed with him a lot. I will say my every day pain has lessened since SB. But no matter what meds I have been on these flare-ups occur.

Before I was laid low, I made a tortilla into chips, put on a little salt and plenty of garlic powder. Even gd liked them. So today I made up a whole package. If you haven't tried them do so, easy to do, tasty and seem to help carb craving w/o going overboard!
Three or four chips and I'm happy.

I really miss this Board. Another of my addictions, I bet you didn't know you are all the cause of my addiction!!! Now it is time to try to catch up.

MELF - Hope your back is better. I have severe back problems and have had operation, so know what you mean. I can pick up 10# bag this time and next time go to pick up a feather, and there I am frozen in space. Glad you liked salad, I think almost any type of beans would work. Houston? Don't know but will probably go!

NANCE - A&E tonight, Inspector Morse was on. Haven't seen him in a while, it was an episode I've seen. I watched anyway, he's nice to look at! Am I hip or hippy? Two of my friends one from Housting, the other Katy, are doing a sort of grand tour. They are going to OH, PA, NJ, NC to visit respective family and friends. Then they will be coming through Slidell on way home. They are going to stop here for a night or two. Then Marylou wants me to go back with her to Houston. I haven't said yes or no, it depends on finances. My son says to go for it, I don't spend that much there, although Marylou doesn't know about cooking! Her idea is to make reservations!! I will say she was more considerate when I was there in April. She doesn't have to worry about money and I do. I don't feel I can freeload either. So when they call and let me know when they will be here I will decide. I will fly back, or we might meet my family at the approx. halfway point, Lake Charles and I would come home with them. We'll see.

Two things I hated to do at work......staff evaluations and firing.

BUTTERFLY - Thanx for missing me! Read above for my lapse!

RHROO - Hi!

SPARKLE - Years ago I was in OA but don't remember that saying. I do know with the aging process and brain injury, what you learned first you forget last (Hmmm. I wonder when I learned sex?). That's why grandma can tell you what happened on Tuesday 50 years ago but not today 50 minutes ago. That is probably why we struggle so hard in trying to change ourselves, but our brain can learn new things, even with loss other parts will take over. So I am working, like you, very hard to change my self image and emotional outlook. We'll do it as we seem to be determined! I read your life story, you have led a very varied life style! I hope you are now with one that satifies you and comforts you. I saw about chatting over coffee, make it Kona
Coffee and I'll join you! My dd used to ship it to me.

LDBLOND - Thanx for kind words. When I write things out I am really reminding myself. If someone else finds it helpful, that's a bonus for me. Congrats on new low!!

QUILTER - I hadn't read your post before I wrote to you! Seems like you need a pick me up. Something like One-A-Day with Energy vitamins. Seems like you're really in a depression. If you don't feel better soon I would check with doctor. I hope you feel
better soon.

ROSALIE - A new biker is born!

LAMAP - How great to work with your son on the engine. My dh and ds took two old trucks and made one good one. 1949 Chevy Pickup with back cornerside glass in the cab. I used to help them. A little grease never hurt anyone............unless it's in their diet! I had a friend whose husband passed away and she literally didn't where to put the gas in the car. Before my dh would let dd get license, she had to be able to change a tire, check the fluids, etc. Came in handy when not too long after she got a flat on a 22 mile stretch of road with no services.

CAT - Did your little image atend of post have significance? Like you feel like you're mowing yourself down? But if you watch, that little flower keeps coming back. And so will you. I feel like that little flower too! We can do it!

FILLISE - Love your dungeon humor!

Noticed a lot of opinions on MW, there's nothing like it on a Jersey Big Boy Tomato! I hope I caught up with everyone. You are all so informative. I never knew Spelt Flour. I know that if using WW and the recipe comes out a little heavy, adding some WW Gluten will help lighten it up.

Take care, don't want to over do my first day up. Would like to be able to go to church tomorrow.

Take care. Remember you can teach an old dog new tricks! I'm going to sit up and surprise everyone!

sef
Old 07-22-2001, 08:04 AM   #124  
Everyday angel

Geesh it's 2 in the morning, what happened?

Quick check in:

Today makes my first week loosely following Body for Life and it was a smashing success! The only thing I did really was one beer Friday night, a calculated indulgence.

I feel like all the weight workouts I have been doing until this week have been totally aimless. Man I am getting some incredible results already, in less time than what I was doing before.

Went to see The Score, highly recommended!

Something is wrong with the engine in our car, it's spraying oil everywhere at an enormous rate. Looks like the engine is totally shot, and of course I have no cash reserves.

Been reading a new self help book, The Solution. It talks about fixing the inside problems instead of using outside controls to lose weight, which is what I realized that I am still doing.

Gotta pack tomorrow!

Chris

164/150/139
Old 07-22-2001, 11:53 AM   #125  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Oh My Gawd....I'm posting before Debbie and I'm on the west coast! Unheard of!!!! Took me half the morning just to catch up on reading all the posts!

My sister came into town yesterday and we met each other at one of our favorite shopping areas. There is the neatest town about 45 minutes from me that has the neatest shops and a MAJOR SCRAPBOOKING STORE!!!!! We were in there for 3 hours!
A little lighter in the pocketbook, we were recommended to a new Italian restaurant that was 1st rate, then we drove around and looked at old victorian homes and looked at one for sale. Sooooo cute, so me! I'm an incureable romantic, and love all things feminine. The house had lace curtains, hardwood floors, and a huge back yard. Would love to move there. Temperature is "normal" and you can actually ejnoy being outside in July! Not to mention being next to my favorite stores! Afterwards we came home, took naps, then went swimming over at my Moms and cooked Coconut Shrimp for dinner. Not exactly SB legal, but delicious! Served with Mango chutney from Trader Joes. Then I came home and watched a movie in bed and didn't get to sleep til about 1:00am. Wasn't a good movie either, but it was an Ivory Merchant movie (the people who did "Room with a View") and I thought I couldn't go wrong! Oh well,it was a great day!

Fly
Yes, you are right...the firing isn't as bad as the anticipation prior to it. Needless to say I had taken two Xanax pills prior to the deed (calm your nerves medicine). I had an incredible courtship with Dan the Man....it's long story so I'll have to post segments at a time...but the beginning was a long time ago, in a land far away, there was a divorced mother of two who loved the computer...she had 7 penpals across the USA, people who she would just chat with via e.mails. One day there was a gentleman who wanted "Witty and intelligent conversation" and feeling up to the task at hand, thought I would reply to this man. E.mail began to be sent back and forth, and after about two months of daily correspondence, these two people realized they might possibly be interested in each other in a more personal kind of way.....I'll continue later with this tale of tales. In answer to your other question the SB Book doesn't specify what type of Red wine is the best. It just states it'sbest to drink after food is in the stomach to decrease any insulin response to a minimum. Dan the Man will be gone another week....and if I'm lucky I might see him Friday night, but may not be til Saturday. Torcher with a capital "T." Now you have to share a tidbit with me.......about your romance!

Frog
Loved the pics, just think you'll be even more fit when you post your next set, how exciting. You should submit them to SELF magazine, in the fitness makeover section! SOunds like you and BW had a great time yesterday! When's your B-day? Mines 11/27/65. My job is Office Manager at a Doctor Office.

Catlover
Glad you are back posting again. I wish all of us that struggle would get on line and communicate when we are having difficulties, but instead we hide when we need each other the most! Ldblond (Lara) and I have decided to just eliminate the things we can't control completely, because if we can't control it, we shouldn't even have it. I recognize things that I can't control and just tell myself it will still be there later, but being on track is more important. Glad to hear you are re-reading the book. How were you feeling emotionally when you started getting off track?

Quilter
Isn't it crazy all the meotions we go through??? I was just telling catlover, we need to post when we're at our worst, instead of coming back to the board with our tail between our legs. We all have a weight problem to begin with because of being emotional eaters, and need to learn to communicate when we are having a hard time, so maybe we can help each other get to the root of the problem on why we are off track. No, I did not try Annie Green Springs...laughing. I just remember drinking vodka and o.j. or rum and coke in High School and getting sick like never before. Oh yes, there are some tales to tell! But they all end with Nancy hurling! ICKY!!!!! As far as I know Migraine headaches are usually severe, with nausea/ vomitting, atleast what I've seen in my office. There are so many different types of head aches....muscle tension h/a's, cluster headaches, sinus headaches.....I think sinus headaches sound more like what you might be experiencing. I actually think Advil Cold and Sinus works great when I have one vs. taking an antibiotic, not big on that!

Fillise
Have a great time...hope you are remembering to pack some SB snacks!! If you can make an internet connection, let us know how you are doing!

Sef
You are definately "HIP", not a hippy! Houston sounds like it could be fun, but do they have a PC??????????

Sparkle
Tell more more about the book "The Solution"...is it more about dealing with the emotional side of why we become overweight???
Sorry to hear about the car. Trade it in quick! Before you end up shelling out $$$$ for repair. How far is your work? Could you bike? Just a thought for a temporary solution! Haven't heard about any dates, are you holding out on us?

Debs
I'M AWAKE....don't hear the phone ringing!!!!!

BOB
Don't those relatives have a PC or are you under the drill at this moment and can't post??? Did Skeeter go with you??? I got some fresh apricots, plums and cherry tomatoes all home grown yesterday and thought of you. Hope you're coming back with a good stash of veggies!

Well, time to bond with the family. They are staying another night YIPEEEEEEEE.I think there will be more swimming and BBQ YUM!
Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs, Nancy
Old 07-22-2001, 01:07 PM   #126  

Hey, Everyone!!!

So far, it’s a great day. Stayed up late last night and then stayed in bed later. I love doing that every once in a while.

Did I tell you all about my good friends who have moved back to town. I met them back in 1982 when we were all living in Canton Ohio (up north). Well, he has gotten numerous academic degrees over the years and has taught in a couple of colleges and so they have been in about a billion different places. I lost touch with them at some point. Well, they are back and I am loving it. They now have SIX KIDS and Paul and I love each one of them dearly. They all (parents and kids) have taken to Paul and really enjoy him. It’s so great to have them back in my life. They are such good people . . . really smart, caring, and so much fun. Tonight we are meeting Mom, Dad and number 6 at a great restaurant. A very nice way to end a weekend. The only bad thing is that they live about 40 minutes from us clear on the other side of town. But hey, I’m not going to complain . . . it’s still a local phone call and an easy drive.

Finally got my butt on the TM this morning. Felt great. I only did 33 minutes . . . trying to build back up to that hour. It will come. I worked to hard to let all that go.

Nance---It’s so great to hear from you. You are exactly right about when we get into these funks, we should state them right out and get help at the best place around (this board!). Hey, this is all such a learning experience . . . I’m going to make that one of my lessons learned. When my spirits and motivation start to fade, I will try to remember this and do the SMART thing. Thanks for giving insight into the headache thing. I think you are right. And I will go and get some Advil Cold and Sinus today. We had so much rain and high humidity last week . . . that could have been it. The blasted thing finally left sometime yesterday morning and hasn’t shown it’s ugly face again yet. It’s hard to function with that. My heart goes out to everyone who suffers from the migraines.

SEF---Hey, got your email and all the funnies yesterday. You are too much, woman. LOL Funny stuff. I’ll get back to your email in the next few days. Your tortilla idea sounds really good. Will have to try when I have a carbs thing going. Yes, you are right . . . I need to keep up with my vitamins. I don’t take them religiously and really should. I don’t think I’m depressed . . . just so tired. Maybe that’s how depression works for me, but I haven’t had one crying jag and don’t seem to be bothered by anything other than NOT losing weight!!! Anyways, this weekend has been much better. So we’ll see. Could be the perimenopause thing rearing it’s ugly head. One never knows!

ROSALIE---I’ve got another author for you. Have you every read Elizabeth Berg? She’s WONDERFUL. I first read “What We Keep” and loved it. Then read “Durable Goods” and am now reading “Joy School”. These two kind of go together and luckily I read them in the correct order. So if you get them, be sure and read Durable Goods first. She has another one everybody raves over called “Talk Before Sleep.” Not quite as heavy as Ursula Hegi but still very very good. I swear I think this woman knew me as a kid because some of the things she said are straight from my life. Kind of nice to know other people were on the same wavelength as me. LOL

MELF---Thanks for your nice thoughts. With all you pulling for me, I’ll be back to 100% soon. This support system is so powerful. It’s truly amazing, isn’t it???? Yes, I guess we are back in the news. Saw a rather ugly report on The O’Reilly Factor the other night. Sigh. It’s just got to get better. There are too many really good people in this city. We have to win!!! But we are taking precautions. You just have to. It’s the smart thing to do.

JOY---Are you back??? I missed your return (during my brief hiatus) but must issue my formal and official WELCOME BACK WOMAN!!!!! We really missed you. Hope things are well. I will try to scan back and see what you have to say is going on in your life.

Well, girls, I’m sweaty from the TM so need to go take care of that. Eeeek. It’s another hot one out there today. We are getting paid back for all the 70’s days we had. Guess it goes with the season. Everyone have a fantastic day. Talk to you later.

Kim
not weighing right now
Old 07-22-2001, 05:58 PM   #127  

Default Happy Sunday All

Hi all. Went to church and finally remembered the sermon. Ben asked me last week what it was about (he goes to a different church) and I couldn't tell him. (For shame) I paid attention this week. It was about Mary and Martha when Jesus visited. I'm afraid I tend to be a Martha. Enough about the sermon. Have puttered and not done much unless you count typing as an exercise. I am quite fast!!! LOL. Anyway, down the other pound and back to 173 low. I'm changing my name to THE WATERGIRL!!!

Deb-Glad to know we are going through the same thing together with our boys! If I find a good receipe I will be sure to share--Maybe Eli will cook it since I know you don't cook . How was Ole Ole? Are you slogging through the rivers down there? If you walk stomp a few times for me. Wish I was going to Las Vegas with you all. But maybe I can hit the next trip.

Golfer Gal-You already took the 1st step to getting back on track. I think emotions are my stumbling block too. I loved your image! SB detox might be something to consider to get back on track. Good luck.

Frog-The rustic beach house sounds FAB! Thanks so much for all the work you're doing to prepare!!! I loved your hula image. And the one a day is working and I finally feel like I'm getting my energy back. Or maybe I just got all that energy I threw at others last week back. Glad you enjoyed the pool. I was by mine earlier. Wearing this great $160 suit (bought it for $60) that has cups in them. Had to lift the boobs to insert into the bullet boobs!!!! Felt like Susan. Does look good on me though.

Rhoo-Haven't been long off sugar but seems to me last TOM didn't have one blemish to fight with.

Quilter Kim-TM for 33 minutes! You go girl.. Are you going to use that heavy bread on your yoga instructor who left you in the lurch? You are the organizer! You just gave me a great idea for my mil for next Christmas. She has everything!!! If you want my experience I remember Boones Farm Strawberry Fields by the York River near Williamsburg and then another night Old English beer. I can't look at them without feeling queasy these days. I agree with you on Merlot and Pinot Noir. Two very fabulous wines!!!

Fillese-have fun on your trip!

Melf-I loved your "The ocean is like Gods thoughts scattered out" note. I know I'll think of it next time I'm there. 146! Awesome. Hummm, bicycle with no gears. Would it have had one giant wheel in front?? Or the kind that stopped when you put the pedals back? So have you been to the doc yet? I hope you're not still dizzy from the meds.

sef-Glad you are better too. Missed your wit. Showtime has a free weekend going and I'm looking forward to seeing the "Green Mile". Haven't had the chance yet. But, will have to take a nap so I can stay awake. The tortillia chips sounded great!! I do miss chips and salsa.

Nancemeister Miss---Glad you had fun with sister. So sorry you have to wait until Saturday for Dan. That's the pits. Peter just went to Taiwan for 2 weeks in May and I couldn't stand it. It's funny since some days we barely get a hug in before we die. But we just miss each other like crazy when we are separated. I like the homecomings though. Ok, here's the story. I had just broken off from a long relationship with a man that wasn't going anywhere. So I'm at my best friends licking my wounds almost nightly. Unfortuanatly I chose to drown my sorrows in beer too. So, Peter lived next door to this friend and popped over one night for something. I met him briefly and didn't remember much through the haze except they joke about a comment about dating the whole Lakers bball team. That is why I don't get drunk anymore!!! Anyway we decided later to hit a Jimmy Buffet concert (that was when you could actually get tickets) and she asked if she could invite a "friend"? Afterwards, we planned to hit her families cabin in the Shennandoah Valley. I said sure, why not? At the concert I was seated next to Peter. He loved Jimmy too which is a must for a relationship with me. He also accompanied us to the Valley. Anyway, we had a chance to talk on the four hour trip there and when we arrived about 2 a.m. I was so wired from driving I couldn't sleep. So I announced that I was going for a walk. He decided to follow me and we walked until the sun rose down that awesome tree covered lane. We had so much in common. It was like I had know him forever. We remained oblivious to our surroundings all weekend. We took a trip the next day to a vineyard called "Shennandoah Winery" that is not in business anymore. It was so romantic among the grapes. I had to apologize to her parents for being so out of it. They understood, thank goodness. He was so shy that on the way back I arranged for the next "meeting" by offering to help him with his laundry. Then, after a few dates, he invited me to New York...... To be continued........

Well all. The road is calling me. Have to go RUN!!! Probably do 2 miles again. Just one note before I go......don't drink water after eating a grapefruit. Found out the hard way!!!!

Love, fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173 /150
Old 07-22-2001, 08:10 PM   #128  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All!

Sorry I wasn't able to get on to post earlier, we started out early today and just got home from my nieces party.

Got in my 4.5 miles this morning and came right home to shower. We headed up to Broward, but it seems before we turned around, it was time to come home. Of course, we first stopped for Carbolite-mint chip and peanut butter were the two flavors I had today-loved the mint a bit more than the PB.

Went to my sisters, didn't eat too much there, not much that I would/could eat. They got my niece a little cake of her own-lets just say she will need a sugar detox tomorrow-she really dug into it, literally.

I'm VERY bloated and the scale seems to be showing this. Not what I want to see on my 16 MONTH SB ANNIVERARY today! Oh well, I should be happy that I'm maintaining my goal I guess.

Luckily, today I took the rest of the OATMEAL COOKIES I made over to my sisters so everyone could try them. They hardened up a bit after they cooled down, didn't read that in the directions. I stuck them in the freezer-they were even better than when I first tried them-BIG MISTAKE! I would of eaten each and every one of those, which would be fine since they are SB LEGAL, but not in such a short period of time-well, everyone at the party tried them, AND they LOVED THEM!!! I was asked to make them again, so I guess it's a keeper. Just want to play around with it next time, will make half a batch.

BELINDA, I have to say I have NEVER had Miracle Whip in my life. I actually don't like mayo and get grossed out when it gets on my fingers, but I will eat it in salad dressings, or chicken/tuna/egg salads. Glad to hear you and FROG had fun-I'm sure she's a blast to be around!!!

CAT, I'm glad you came back, that's the first step to trying to get back OP. I am a firm believer for those who start SB to totally forget about trying to find legal ways of eating no-no foods like chocolate, puddings and the such. I really do believe they get people into trouble. Instead, total detox from sugars and sweets are the way to go, I believe, you want to get this out of your system and the desire for the sweets, that's why I don't agree with the SB book saying the chocolate is okay-but do agree with Montignac about it being okay at maintenance. Anyhow, you are back and we're here to help, but my 2 cents say-stay away from all the junk and focuse on the whole foods, at least for now.

FROG, that beach house sounds fantastic and what a great rate! I love the idea!!!

QUILTER, that class sounds like what my cousin does. She is a teacher of English for those of other languages, and she speaks 7 fluently. Did you read my message above about the cookies? Yes, this can be split, easily, instead of making 20, it would make 10. They are too good though, so I warn you now~ I'm sure you'll find a good recipe for bread that won't be like a brick-have you tried any of the ones on the board? Hmmm, Detox Centers all across the nation-not a bad idea! LOL!! Were you able to work on the pics? No pressure, just wondering

FILLISE, if you get to read this, have a great trip, we'll miss you (and your vivid imagination)!!!

MELF, sounds like a good restaurant to try! I hope you get to go there-Lebanese/Middle Eastern food is really good-I always have a hard time trying to figure out what to order.

SEF, sorry to hear you've been in bed with Arthur! I hope you are feeling better now.

CHRIS, thanks for checking in-you make me proud!!!!

NANCE, will be calling you in a little while-figure it's earlier there and you may still be running around-so if you read this, I'll try you around 10pm, my time

FLY, have you ever given your son baked tofu? Or MORNINGSTAR FARMS corn dogs or buffalo wings-Michael likes that crap a lot-actually, they aren't bad, I like the Mexican flavored tofu too. Ole Ole was delicious-I have the recipe for their dressing, which is what makes the salad taste wonderful-I really should try to prepare it myself one of these days!!!

Okay gals, I'm outta here for now-don't forget that tomorrow is MONDAY and it's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY so if you have any words of wisdom to share with the board, please, try to post them tomorrow on the NEW WEEKLY BOARD.

Nite!

Debbie
194/128.5/129
SB since 3/22/00 (16 months today)
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-22-2001, 10:40 PM   #129  

Seems like with my back going out this past week that my mouth/jaw pain was better, but it sure did flair up today! The pain has been really bad. I'm a little anxious about my appt with the Neurologist in am.

Today was dh's BD, so I made a special effort to make it to church with him & tonight we had a fellowship. With the pain, I did give in to some dessert. I was a bad girl, but I couldn't resist.

The board seemed to be quiet today. We had some thunderstorms here this evening, so my puter wasn't even turned on all day, till sister got home tonight. The grass needs to be cut really bad, but no chance of that for the next few days as wet as it is, but at least we don't have to water thew garden LOL

SEF, Sorry to hear you were stuck in bed with Aurthur for a while. Glad that you're up & about again. Those tortilla chips sound good. I've heard some talk about them, but never have tried. Will have to do that one day.

Nance, Scrapebooking! I have had a desire to start doing it, and have even bought a few things, but can't seem to get started. It looks like so much fun. I did locate a scrapebooking store in a nearby town & I think I saw that they offer classes. When I'm feeling better, I'm thinking about checking into it.

Kim, Glad to hear that you're feeling better & that you were able to get back to the TM. Hey, 35 min is 35 min more than you've been up to lately, so that's a good start to get back into your routine. That family coming back into your life sounds like a real blessing to you. Happy for you.

BUTTERFLY, Yea, that's the kind of bike I know how to ride, the kind that you put the brakes on by turning the pedal back. I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to ride any other kind. I'm only 52, but never rode any other kind. LOL Glad you liked the ocean thought. Appt in early am, so I'll post about it tomorrow. Read your entry to Nance & love your story about meeting Peter. Anxious to hear "the rest of the story".

Debbie Happy 16 months anniversaqry Your oatmeal cookies sound fabulous. Glad to hear they're all gone or else you could have done serious damage.

Good night ya'll.
Old 07-23-2001, 02:18 AM   #130  
sef

Missed church today, God'll get me. But he's a forgiving God so let's hope He's not too displeased!

Tried to get caught up with my stitching since I wasn't able to do it for a couple of days. Then had a surprise call from an acquaintance, would I like to come over and play some Scrabble. So off I went. Had a nice time. She gave me some fresh Rosemary, Basil and Bay Leaves.

SPARKLE - Nothiing succeeds like success. So keep on truckin' girl, sounds like you're doing fine!

NANCE - I am not a shopper but the day you described sounded like so much fun! Maybe because you did more than shop. I love victorian houses. My home town had a lot of them.

About your tale "Tell Us More! Tell Us More!"

You are so right, about posting when we are down. But it goes back to not being loved because we feel we are failures and hate to admit. In truth, we are winners because we faced up to things and came here in the first place. At least for me it took courage! Also a swallowing of pride I didn't think I had!

My friend doesn't have a PC but her dtr does and only lives down the street. I am sure if I asked she would let me on to "Sign In PLease!" Friend is in denial about weight and will resent, or maybe better to say she would think it stupid to do something like this. Her attitude is like Popeye, "I yam what I yam!' and we know they are illegal!

QUILTER - Nice to sleep knowing you're just pampering yourself. So glad you are feeling better.

You remind me of the old Girl Scout song, "Make New Friends, But Keep the Old, One is Silver and The Other Gold". Neat you were able to renew that friendship.

Did I miss something in the news? What's the problem in OH?

BUTTERFLY - You are such a good girl! I missed church. After sleeping so much when I am laid low, I can't get back to normal immediately. So at 3a I'm bouncing all over the bed (Can you picture that?) and finally got up and played a couple of games of
Mah Jongg, then didn't set the alarm as I should have (I don't usually need it) and over-slept.

Did you see Masterpiece Theater tonite. They re-ran the queen, Mrs Brown with Judi Dench. I've seen it before but watched again.

Same for you...."Tell Us MOre! Tell Us More!"

DEB - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So sorry I missed you in yesterday's post. I wanted to tell you hoped your head would be better soon. MIssed the boat somewhere. THe good Lord passing out brains, I thought he said
trains and missed them both!

MELF - Funny how one pain can make us forget another. Take a deep breath, shoulders back and off to the Neurologist you go! I have been through two life threatening experiences and have decided the worst thing about both was not knowing. The doc will be able to put your mind at rest, and all your nervousness will have been for naught!

I can't take credit for those chips. It was through a post of Deb's that turned me to them. I don't know what she did, I cut each pita into 12 wedges, split them and spread out on cookie sheet, sprayed w/ olive oil, sprinkled salt and garlic powder and baked at 400' for less than 5 minutes. You have to watch them! They get golden brown and curl a little. YUM! Pass the salsa!

All this talk about people whose husbands are away. My dh had a job, home a week away a week. When he came home it was like a honeymoon. A week later before we could get tired of each other he was off. With vacations he worked 23 and was off 29 weeks. Not bad.

Story of how we met, isn't necessarily my favorite. But when we first started going together he gave me a dime and said if he ever did anything to upset me I would be able to call for help. Then he took me on back roads that din't have poles let alone
phones! Still have the dime, an old mercury back that I have carried in my wallet for 43 years!

Goodnight all. Take care.

Shirley
Old 07-23-2001, 03:04 AM   #131  

Hi everyone

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I see the board was very busy during the weekend and I have a lot of catching up to do. I went to visit my dd on Sunday. She is away camping for two weeks. She is only about a 75 minute drive from me so I went up there just for the day. Could have stayed for the night but I preferred to come back home and sleep in my own bed! She uses my trailer so I wouldn't have to sleep in a tent but it would be kind of crowded with her and her four boys, although at least one usually sleeps in a tent. I like the comforts of home. In a couple of weeks time she is planning on going to another camping area for the weekend. This will be to a park that we used to camp in when the kids were small. I'd love to go there again, it is a really beautiful park but I declined her offer to join them sleeping in tents. I suggested instead that we stay in a motel for the one night if I can find something reasonably priced for all of us. She doesn't seem to object to the idea. So when I finish here I will go and surf the net and see what deals I can find. I took my bike with me but it was too darn hot and humid to do much riding. I did have a leisurely swim for about half an hour. My eating wasn't very good to-day - I had lots of bad stuff but what's done is done and tomorrow is another day. I've been doing really good the last couple of weeks staying op but it hasn't made too much difference to the scale. The scale just doesn't want to move below that 200 mark.

Lamap - Hi, it's good to see you posting again. Sorry to hear you have been in a funk (join the club!) but glad to hear you will be climbing on the wagon again. Sooner the better so you can get the scale moving in the right direction again. WOW for you being able to change car engines. I'm sure that used up quit a bit of energy, particularly on such a hot day and I would certainly count it as exercise.

Ldblond - Two year olds are really cute, aren't they, but I bet your son keeps you really busy. Enjoy, as they grow up all too quickly.

Fly - I hope the Terminex man solved your flea problem. I used to have a cat and I can remember several years ago when the fleas were really bad I would do a hop, skip and jump down the hallway trying to avoid them. I must say though that once we started using the Advantage things really improved. I can relate to your tale about going down the hill on rollerblades. It reminds me of the first time I ever put cross country skis on. That was right on top of a hill. Soon as I had them on down I went screaming my head off. I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of the love story.

Sparkle - I've kept out of the ditch so far although a couple of days ago I had a close call but managed to stay upright. Too bad they don't make training wheels for adult bikes Anyway I must say it feels a little better each day. I'm getting a little more confident and stable. Glad you are feeling successful with Body for Life.

AR - Hope you enjoyed your night out on the town. How did your son do on his first sleepover (or how did Mom do)?

BelindaW - That Sugar Busters commune sounds like a good idea. It would be great not to have to cook every day. (What should we do with the sb'ers who say they don't cook. Shall we let them in )

Rhroo - Hope you had a good weekend at the beach. You mention that cutting out sugar is good for the skin and I have noticed a difference since starting sb. But when I really notice a difference is on the days when I have been drinking lots of water. Glad to hear that hubby is still doing well on sb. Hope he is being a good influence for you to stay op.

Frog - Glad you enjoyed your campout the other night. Sounds like you and BelindaW had a good weekend.

Nance - Firing someone can never be easy. I'm glad it's over for you. Sounds like you had a good shopping trip with your sister on Saturday. I'm eagerly awaiting the story of how you met Dan the Man. So far it reminds me of the movie "You've Got Mail" - funny thing is I just watched it last night.

Catlover - Welcome back. Sorry to hear you had fallen off the wagon. Maybe you would be more successful if you just set yourself mini-goals, something that may be more attainable. Say set a goal of losing 5-10 lbs and when that is achieved go for another 5-10 lbs. I find I do better with mini-goals.

Kim - It's good to hear that you are getting back into the swing of things again. You are so right when you say you have come too far to let things slide. Too bad your Yoga classes are on hold. But at least you have the tape to help you along until classes start again. Thanks for the book suggestions. I've never heard of that author but will be checking out the library. That's so nice that you have become re-acquainted with your old friends. Thanks for posting the site of yogabasics.com. I did have a quick look at it and it looks interesting. I'll have to go back there when I have more time.

Deb - HAPPY 16 MONTH SUGAR BUSTERS ANNIVERSARY. I think I'll have to make those oatmeal cookies soon. I made some PB cookies yesterday from my old recipe but substituted sgww pastry flour. They came out quite good but a little dry so I will have to play around with the recipe a bit - I think next time I will add more pb and see how they are.

Sef - Sorry to hear you were out of commision with Arthur. Hope things are beginning to improve for you. The tortilla chips sound yummy.

Melf - Sorry to hear that your mouth is hurting more again. Hope you can get some help from the neurologist tomorrow. I guess the only bikes that come without gears are the kiddie bikes, as Fly says the ones you have to pedal backwards to stop. I'm sure I would do much better with one like that. The old one that I had had just three gears, and that was more than enough for me. The new one has eighteen, which is really six in the back and three in the front but I haven't tried moving the front ones yet. I don't know when I am supposed to move them. So I just concentrate on the back ones. I like the sound of the Zucchini Pizza. I just did a search and found a recipe that was posted by Rhroo on the March Recipe Board.

Sol - How was the reunion? Hope you had a good time.

Fillise - Hope you have a good time while you are away.

All for now.

Marie.
Old 07-23-2001, 06:24 AM   #132  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default IT'S MONDAY!!!

It's MONDAY! Time for the NEW WEEKLY BOARD to start. Here's the link that will take you right to the NEW BOARD!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5366#post85366

SEE YOU ON THE NEW BOARD!!!
Closed Thread