Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How often do you eat RED MEAT???
Once or twice a week 13 37.14%
Three to four times a week 16 45.71%
Almost every day 1 2.86%
Very rarely 2 5.71%
I don't eat RED meat at all 2 5.71%
I don't eat ANY meat at all 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 12:24 AM   #106  

Hello everyone! I was really busy yesterday and today have hung out with Frog most of the day...we shopped at our favorite $1.00 stores, laughing at all the marketing rejects, and taking advantage of overruns (like the Paul Newman's Caesar salad dressing)! Did a grocery store run and then went to Froggie's and cooked up a great SB dinner! Wish I could eat at her house every night....might be really easy to stay on this plan! Hear that Frog?...can we just all move in to a little Sugar Busters commune and take turns cooking? hahaha. I'm enjoying reading all the posts, but am still getting used to who is who!

Deb: You asked about my previous experience with SB...well...Fall of 99, we were getting ready for a Christmas trip to Disney World and I just felt lousy...lots of joint pain and general misery. Went to a chiropractor that friends recommended and he told me to go get a glycemic index and eat things below 50 on the GI. Also gave other nutritional tips. I went hunting for the GI and couldn't find it , until I picked up a copy of SB book in the bookstore and leafed through...lo and behold, there was the GI right smack in the middle of the book...so I bought it and started the plan...losing 15 pounds from late Sept. or early Oct., until our trip in December...I felt SOOOOOOO much better, with more energy and enthusiasm for the trip! But...sad to say, once I got home and Christmas holiday eating took me off the plan, I didn't return to it. So I have no experience with getting to my goal, and maintaining that loss. But I do know that I felt good and it worked, without me feeling like I was going to chew somebody's leg off!!!

Frog: The NC trip of course sounds great to me...anyway I could help with it, please allow me.

All others who have offered such a warm welcome, thank you...I am really pumped about staying with SB this time....and checking into this board will keep me focused! Thanks!
Old 07-21-2001, 12:49 AM   #107  

hey! quick one before i go to bed. Just wanted to check in I won't be around this week end going to bring the kid to camp and stay at the beach wooo hoo nice weather here too! Anyway nothing has changed except my eating has gotten better since the water park. Today was better than yesterday-who knows what the week end will bring probably won;t go to weigh hubby but he is soooo good on this plan so i will try to join him! i am always on the look out for sugar free soft serve though!
I forgot to talk about this the other day. Last weeks poll thingy! I put my tummy, but after going to the water park i think its my thighs! lol I really do hate my body and its jiggles! when do we start to like it? Actually i have been thinking about these thighs and the jiggling and as i watch my excersise videos their thighs jiggle too sooooo i guess i should get over it!! Do you all have those days when you just feel big? I have those little days too-just goes to show its all in our silly heads! just a thought!

I heard on the radio that cutting out sugar is awsome for your skin! so keep it up we will look younger! woo hoo! has anyone noticed a difference in theirs?? I have expecially right after i started sbusting. I am rambling!

Deb-my son is going to camp for a week when he comes home my oldest goes for a week! i should have got rid of them both the same week but didn't want to do that to those people! LOL I think it goes by fast anyway! Can;t wait to chat with you guys on tuesdays. Looks like the layoff is next week (its a seasonal job) I can't wait!

Quilter!-missed u glad your are back among us!

frog-loved the pics!-we must have the same goal! your getting there girl! your so commited and it shows! you are losing at an awsome rate keep it up and keep bringing in the recrutes!

sparkle-yours are awsome too! i have some i need to scan one with hubby in it! keep up the great work with the body for life. I have scanned the book. I love doing the weights i can see a big difference in my body since i started in Febuary! keep it up girl! 149 here you come woooo hooo!!!!

adams-hope you had a nice night out!

iblond- Hey!! thanks for missing me!!!

rosalie-hows the bike????

iamap-hang in there you will get back on track! I have days like that and they turn into weeks! Just a little pitty party for ourselves! keep up the excersise that shows you want to be healthy just get the food thing going again you can do it!!!

O.k gotta go nighty i know i missed a bunch of u but you are in my thoughts always you sugarbusters!!! Melf,. nance, bob, viv, kim, see i can even name a few!!! and a hug

Rhonda

201.2/139/1350-30ish?! lol guess?
Old 07-21-2001, 08:15 AM   #108  

Default Saturday Morning Post

Well hello everyone! Just came in from camping out in the back yard. It was a great night to do it too. The temperature was cool enough that we needed some covers! 59* was the low in our area.

Getting ready to head out for a run, then to breakfast and over the BW's to lounge by the pool for a few afternoon rays.

Will post later or tomorrow and reply to you all.

Have a great Saturday!

Peace,
FROG
Old 07-21-2001, 09:04 AM   #109  

Angry

Hi everyone...don't know when I'll get time to post again on this GORGEOUS Saturday in NC.... I've invited all of the ladies in the group that Frog and I are in to my pool...anytime today and tomorrow afternoon...don't know who might show, but know that there will be a little amphibian in my pool around noon by the name of Renie. One of the girls and her husband were hanging out with us last night and told us of a dip she had in Miss. last weekend called Mississippi Mud and of course Frog and I immediately thought (OH NO< don't even tell us....sounds like marshmallows and chocolate!)....Then she proceeded to name the ingredients and they were all LEGAL....black eyed peas, cheese spread, etc. She may bring it for a snack today, so we'll check it out and post it on the recipe board if it's yummy. Have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 07-21-2001, 09:20 AM   #110  

Default Happy Saturday

Good morning ladies!!! I was looking back through the posts for an answer to my question and my question wasn't there. I must not have hit enter. Alas. Basically I had queried if anyone thought my 2 lb gain had to do with the lack of water I was drinking? I am determined to drink more water today and will post for a while my water totals for the day to help me stay on track. Anyway, I'm back down 1 lb today. Did drink more yesterday though not the 6 8oz glass minimum. My mini-vacation was fun but not as usual. The boys couldn't swim because of the high waves. It was very calming to see the ocean so churned up. I feel a lot of awe at God's workmanship at the beach. No wonder artists chose that often as a source of inspiration. Ok, back to reality. Going to be working in the yard all day. My neighbors will be so relieved! Caught up on my sleep so I feel on top of things again. Not one flea bite since Terminix man here. Peter and I laughing at our "vegetarian" who's not eating any vegetables!! I fix him veggies and he leaves them in the fridge. He's living on vitamins (my insistence), ramen, vegetarian baked beans, bean burritos, and all the no-no carbohydrates out there, and my protein enhanced smoothies. I respect his decision but he's still my baby. At least he looks healthy still.

Rosalie-Have fun on your new bike!!! Glad to know you are not intimate with the ditches. I think you will like the bike you chose. Your first rollerblade experience was like mine. Extra hilarious.

lamap-Good going with the exercise. And will we be seeing you on the "Junkyard Wars" show? My whole family loves that show.

idblond-How's my Miracle Whip buddie? Balogna & cheese---yum. Don't listen to Bob-she's just delirious from dental woes. You'll make up for your lack of outdoors now this winter when we are freezing our butts off.

Chris-I read your journey thread. It was inspiring. I know you'll have fun in D.C. Your legs will be awesome in a couple of more days. Just because you are stronger.

Deb-I had a mental pic of your foot stuck. It was soo funny.

Bob-I missed you. Glad your back. I definitely agree about the wagon theme song but maybe not before coffee. I'm not a morning person. Hope your dental woes are over soon. You have a buddy on the antique shopping run.

AR-Hope you had fun last night. I, too, cried at son's first sleepover. Then, 1st time to school. 1st time to middle school. 1st time in a CAR!!!!!!!! Now that my two youngest are up later and we can't stay awake as long. We look forward to sleepovers so Peter and I can have some time alone. It doesn't happen very often. So I find myself not caring where just want to be away someplace for a little bit. I'd even go to Debbies Detox Dungeon. I don't want to give the wrong impression though. In just 5 hours I would be missing them.

I can just imagine Debbies Dungeon. A crackly speaker saying "You will use Agave Nectar".....

BW-The dollar store is one of my favorite spots too.

Rhoo-Have fun at the beach. Hope to beach it your way sometime in the future. The shells there are much better than here.

Well, gotta "fly"
Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/174/150
Old 07-21-2001, 09:23 AM   #111  

p.s. hope sef, melf, nancy, and fat cat are fine too.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:31 AM   #112  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Saturday Morning

I finally survived yesterday! Ugh....Had to terminate an employee. No fun! Had two, not one glasses of red wine last night since I was so stressed! Glad it's done and over with!

Fly-I will have to look for the Two Shillings Wine. Like the name already, so it must be good. Maybe theycarry it at Trader Joes. I'll have to check it out. I was never into reds, but now I love them!
I'd love to hear more about the beginings of the Fly romance with the hubby...sounded very romantic. Reminded me of a time when
I went to an outdoor concert and there was a huge full moon, it was so cool, but was with freinds, not my sweetheart at that time. They have concerts at the park here on Thursday evenings. People bring chairs, quilts, etc. and enjoy music under the stars, not a bad deal!

Quliter-Glad to see your posting again. You were about to get buzzzzzzzzzed from the gnat, so it''s a good thing your fingers found the keyboard again. What happened, why did you loose your motivation. I'm seeing a pattern with people, when they don't post, something has usually gone wrong....very wrong.
In a Dairy-Queen, Ben and Jerry kind-a-wrong way. Are you still doing your yoga?

Ldblond-Sorry I didn't call you back. I was sooooo stressed yesterday, but things are better now. I hired a nurse for the back, and we had to let Connie go. Things should get better now!
How's your weight status post flu? Are you still at153?

SOL-WHERE ARE YOU????? Don't you have any access to a PC???

I need to go get some java, and come back on line to finish posting. I hate it when I don't take notes, and there are things I want to respond to and can't remember who said what. Senility
at age 35 GEEZ!!!!!
Old 07-21-2001, 10:43 AM   #113  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Saturday Morning!

Yea! We had rain here last night! It looks like we might get some rain today as well. The flowers on my terrace look like they appraciated the rain!

Fly--YES! The lack of water can really contribute to a weight gain. When your body isn't getting enough water it starts holding on to what it does get--hence water retention! So hit the water bottle girl!

BW--hey let's all get together at your pool! Let us know on the Mud stuff.

AR--hang in there with those workouts--they will do you so much good. I always feel better when I can work out!

BOB--Good luck with the Dentist (ICK!).

I'm leaving tomorrow for my conference. I don't know if I'll be able to get back on the board tonight, but I'll try. I have a party for a friend who is moving away. I'll miss y'all next week.

You better miss me too!

Susan
300/238/150
July 10, 2000
Old 07-21-2001, 11:51 AM   #114  

Glug.....glug......glug. Yup, that's me downing all that h20!!! Downed 24 oz so far and still going strong!!! Taking a break and covered in gook. Need another drink. Since even newbie I have noticed the notpost and nonop trend you're going to get sick of me!!!! But, seriously, I love you all. You are the best!!!!

Nancy-well, I will go into the details when I have a little more time to post. It was a wonderful start to our romance. But....If I share I expect to hear your story too. Glad the firing is behind you. It's never as bad as we imagine is it? But the stress from the pre-event does take it's toll. I don't mean to discount the event. I know it was tough. I may try Cabernet's they are sb legal too? They weren't too specific in the book unless my memory is going too. I'm going to read the book again just to be sure. Dan home yet?

Fillese-Is the dentist fading to a distant memory yet? Thanks for the h20 boost.

BW-I'm interested in the mud story too.

Sol--missing you too. Is the reunion this week? Maybe that's it. I forget.

Have fun. Gotta go back to work.

Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/174/150
Old 07-21-2001, 01:02 PM   #115  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All!

Hope you are all having a great weekend-I started this post yesterday and are revising it since I was dead to the world BEFORE 9pm last night. I couldn't stay up for nothing! Thank goodness I went to bed when I did because I woke up with Eli this morning at 5:15am! I thought about getting in a walk, but said NAH! I deserve one day off!

Not much going on here-did get a new (but old) cookbook. Tried a new OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE from it, seemed easy. They taste great buy I have to play around with it as they didn't bake the way they should of-Michael liked the taste-that says something!!!! I've eaten too many already, so I need to get rid of them, and fast! Also got another new book that I have been wanting, would you believe, natural Jewish cooking! It really has some great sounding recipes in it. I found it in the library and pages and pages were missing from the one I got, so went to another branch and got another copy-same thing! I couldn't believe how people mistreat the books. Anyhow, I was able to find a perfect copy to buy which made me happy since this book was copyright in 1983!

Went to garage sales today, not too many and not too much out there, but did find a really nice hand made decorative glass bowl, white and clear swirls, quite big too - $2.00. Did find the tortilla warmer I had been looking for, at least one until I can get the plastic one, this one is styrofoam and I melted mine on top of the toaster months and months ago-I use it to soften the frozen pita bread in, keeps in nice and warm and doesn't make it hard like when you put it straight into the microwave-so I was happy when I found that!

Tomorrow is my 16 months SB ANNIVERSARY, can't believe it how time has flown when you're having fun!

Going to my sister's house tomorrow, she's having a party for my niece Madison who just turned 1 on Tuesday. My Mom is making her TACO SALAD which I love! I just get mine out before she puts in the Doritos. Probably do something with Eli in the daytime since he's off-most likely a trip to Ole Ole will be in the works-followed by a trip to get Carbolite

FILLISE, can't wait to see your drop! Funny how you can know your body that well. I'd like to see a drop on the scale as well!!! You really have me thinking about that hummingbird sex now!! LOL! I was laughing at your vivid imagination of the dungeon, it's almost like you are clarivoyant, your description is almost right on!!! BOB will surely have some stories to tell when she goes home!

FLY, yes, not enough water can keep you from losing, and even gaining. When you don't get enough, your body will hold onto whatever you do give it. I'm no better some days-it will make me gag, but others, I don't have any trouble. 99% of the time, I only drink water, rarely tea, unless I go see Eli at work. I have a ton of teabags, but remember, I don't cook so I rarely make tea. Try increasing the water and see how that goes, but don't fret if the scale is up-remember, WATER WEIGHS!!!! I've had 50 ounces so far today, and the potty isn't calling me like I think it should, so I may be retaining a bit Oh, when a headache strikes, I strike back with 222's-in a half hour or less, I forgot I even had one! I love that stuff!!!!!!!!!! My son is a lacto-ovo vegetarian, decided one day after school when he was 11yrs old, came home and told me this news, thought it would last a day, MAYBE a week at most-he'll be 15 next month and there's no end in sight-makes me hate cooking that much more-having to make him something different-but, at least the quiche is good for us all, that's only one dish I have to make that we can all eat!

SPARKLE, loved the pics! Scuba diving-I bet it must be beautiful in Hawaii to do that!!!

BOB, you'll be so near my Grandparents in Hendersonville! Do you know, they have a FRESH MARKET there, right off 64! That's the first one I was ever in, never heard about them before that time. Eli will be happy to cook for you! Hummus and quiche, boy, you are easy to please!!!! No problem! Yes, let me know the details...hoping you can be down here Thursday night and stay til whenever. You'll have to let me know your route of choice for coming down so I can get you directions.

AR, hope you enjoyed your night out on the town!! How did you son like his first sleepover???

BELINDA, I too would love to come to FROGS for dinner every night! I say we all just move in until the WDW Marathon!! Sounds like you two can get into quite a bit of trouble at the stores! Thanks for sharing a bit more about your past weight loss-we have to now figure how to keep you and many of the others OP during the holiday-people drop off this board from the week before Thankgiving til after the New Year, many drop out of sight, never to return again!!!! Hope you get that recipe if it's good-sounds yummy! Have fun with FROG today!

RHROO, yep, I feel big many days, and as far as jiggling, everything on me jiggles!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!!

FROG, so we are moving in! What's for dinner?? LOL!! WOW, 59*, how I'd give anything to see that down here right now! It's sooo hot, 87 with the clouds! Have fun in the sun today with BELINDA!

NANCE, you must of been up quite early-missed you on the computer and the telephone! Hey, do I get to bring my DUNGEON items with me to your house?????? Hope to get in contact with you somehow to discuss my pending inspection, I mean visit

Okay, I'm a gonner for a while-I'll try to check in with you all later1

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-21-2001, 06:29 PM   #116  

Hi everyone...had a great day out by the pool with Frog and another one of her "recruits"! We had a little 4:00 afternoon SB smorgasboard of snacks...I had baked ww tortilla triangles and we loved them! The "mud" girl didn't come today...hope she will tomorrow and I can fill you in on the taste test!

Idblond...I have to offer some support on the Miracle Whip! I LOOOOVE it! Grew up on it...nothing better in this world than MW and bologna sandwich or a summer homegrown tomato and MW sandwich! Wheweeeeee....MmmMmm. But I too have caught alot of flack in my life for loving it! Most people either love it or HATE it!...I'm with you though....Maybe we need to write the company and see if they can come up with a sugarfree version?????

I'm off to eat Mexican tonight, but will avoid the chips since I got my "fix" this afternoon! Later!
Old 07-21-2001, 06:55 PM   #117  
Golfing Gal

Well gang Im back. here. I have a confession to make. Since I have been off this board I have gained the 5 lbs I lost weeks ago. I am having a really hard time staying OP. This is one thing I did not want to fail at. All my life I have always started something and never finished it. I am really disappointed in myself. I did really good the 1st couple of months. I ate right, exercised everyday and watched the lbs. come off, I was even getting to the point where I was almost a size smaller. Then something clicked and I just lost all motivation for this woe. I'm even embarrased to come on here and post.

My goal was to lose 30 lbs by November , my 10th wedding anniversary. Maybe I set myself up for failure with this goal, I dont know. My main problem I think is saying "NO" to the SF chocolate candies, SF puddings etc. My husband is on the woe and manages to stay on it and he tries to keep me honest, but when hes not around I just kinda go berserk. I guess what I need is to figure out how to get my motivation back. I really want to succeed at this. Any ideas out there?

I need to try and set some mini-goals, ones I know I can accomplish so I can feel successful.

Im glad you guys are here, maybe you can help me be accountable. Im going to reread the book tonite to see if it will help put me in the right frame of mind. Then tomorrow will be a new day with new goals which I will list.

Thanks for letting me throw this pity party for myself.

I see we've added quite a few newbies,welcome to you all, and congrats on the lbs you all have lost.

Im off to mow the front lawn for a little exercise.
Old 07-21-2001, 06:59 PM   #118  

Thumbs down Back from a Bake at Belinda's

The pool was great today. BW has a beautiful pool and deck. It was a nice crowd of 3 and I was glad to have it that way. BW fixed us some nice SB snacks, including baked WW torts for dipping in salsa. YUM!

I talked to my friend with the beach house at Atlantic Beach, the rustic beach front one. She said that we could get the house next year and that she could assist with the reservation. We would have to make a date between April and Nov 1. The family gets first dibs on the dates, then they open it up for friends, scouts, churches, etc. They do not rent it through commercial rental companies. The rate is $125 for the week. The house is like a summer camp, built in 1940, is sturdy, and has withstood many hurricanes. It is very "Church retreatish, sleeps 36 people." It's Wonderfully FUN! and is a house with good vibes! But if we want deluxe accomodations we may want to consider something else. She does have a connection for a house that is very north on the OBX at Duck, NC. It is newer and nicer, but not the same. Not old fashioned and endearing. The rate would be much, much more, but I don't know how much exactly. Let's continue to talk about it some more.

DEB - You early bird. I ran past several yard sales this am. and thought of you. One looked like it had some pretty good stuff too! Bikes, camping gear, etc. Thanks for the answer regarding the spelt flour.

FLY - Keep on postin'! Sittin' at the computer posting and ready is better than eating! H2O is critical to weight loss. Keep it up. Thanks for the honorarium in the form of the green ink! Gald you enjoyed the pics. Time to take some more.

NANCE - Glad to see that your bad day at work is over. What a joy that must be for you to have to fire someone/ What type of work do you do? BTW - We are the same age.

RHROO - I think that I have seen some improvements in my skin since beginning SB. Beach sounds great!

FILLISE - Love the dungeon thought. It made me laugh! How 'bout Atlantic Beach vs. Wilmington in the fall? If there should be a storm, let's hope that it doesn't come our way! My neice was born the day Hugo it!

BOB - A Biltmore Dairy Shake is a ! They are good though. There is a really great Mexican Restaurant (La Paz) near there too. I am not worried about a hurricane, even in the fall. I try not to worry about things I have no control over. Ya know what I mean chickie? I agree with you totally that Cashiers and Highlands could get pricey. But I just remembered that I know someone with a home there. I will ask if they rent/loan it. This is someone that I have known for a long time. He married into part of the Coca-Cola family fortunes and is set for life! Amazing story, especially considering his roots. But goodness prevailed and now he is living the good life.

CHRIS/SPARKLE - Glad you got the emails. The green shirt I have on in the marathon picks was a Christmas Gift from my sis and family. Hubby liked it because he could spot me easily on the course. He ran it too but was usually way ahead of me. The next one will also be at Disney in January 2002. Thankfully hair is more strawberry blonde than red. It will fade to more blonde I know. Good info regarding "running on empty" 'cause that is what I do! I am ravenous by lunch time too! I always eat breakfast and usually a mid-morning snack on the days that I run. BTW - Loved the pics. I can see the progress on you!

Well, time to check on hubby and what he is up to. Hope you all have a happy Saturday evening!

Peace,
Frog
Old 07-21-2001, 08:12 PM   #119  

Default HAPPY SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!

Hello everyone!

Today has been an okay day. Went to a 9-12 class organized by my office. But the beautiful thing was I didn’t have to teach it. Could sit and listen and learn. It was for teaching English to speakers of other languages. (Deb, you should have been there! HA!!!) It was really good. The teacher was very passionate and had YEARS of experience with tons of good ideas. Then this afternoon came home and got to reading this board. I know that I have missed a lot but have tried to pick a point to catch up from.

Must say WELCOME to BELINDAWANNABE!!!! Sorry I missed your joining. (It was during my funk.) Hope you are finding it helpful to be among this great group of women. Aren’t they super??? And luck you to get to be around FROGGIE all the time. She is so wonderful and such an inspiration to me. Anyway, sounds like you are taking to SB like a fish in water. Good for YOU!!!! I look forward to getting to know you better. Your pool party sounded devine.

ROSALIE---Thanks for the welcome back. I have missed you all too. Yoga is another thing that has fallen by the way side. Our classes have taken 6 weeks off because the teacher was taking a vacation. Imagine . . . the nerve of him! And then I stopped doing my a.m. routine. It’s no wonder that I’ve been a wreck with no energy lately. All the things I do to feel good are missing. I did get up yesterday and did the am and felt much better. Hey, I did find a new yoga website. It’s www.yogabasics.com. Wonderful site. They have everything! Even music and mp3’s of people giving you instructions on positions and meditation and stuff like that. When you have time, I think you would enjoy seeing it.

DEB---Your oatmeal cookies must have been GREAT! That’s a good sign if Michael liked them, right? Anyways, when you get done playing with that recipe, you know we will all want it. I’m thinking that it might be a good idea for me to make a teeny tiny batch of cookies. Like split the recipe in half or in thirds or quarters. Then I’d only OD on a lesser amount. Do you think you could mis up the whole batch and then freeze or refrigerate part of it before cooking? Just wondering. Speaking of baking . . . I tried to make WW bread yesterday with a new recipe. My friend had a great recipe for french bread (used regular flour of course), but the thing that attracted me was that she used her kitchenaid mixer to do all the kneading. I decided to try the same recipe but switched wwpastry flour for the all purpose. Plus used sf maple syrup instead of regular. Anyways, it’s okay but REALLY dense. Like you could use a loaf as a weapon. I’m going to start looking for good ww recipe that will work with my mixer. The bread machine takes too long. You crack me up talking about your cooking!!! I’ll bet you do better than you let on to us. Hey, maybe you could open a Detox Center!!! We could have 24-hour motivation and reading from the SB book being played from overhead speakers.

FILLISE---Thanks for the welcome back. You are too sweet. I missed everything about the hummingbird sex except your description. Now I can say that we have truly talked about everything on this board. How funny!!! Do you have a feeder that attracts them to your yard? It sounds like a Hbird Singles’ Bar. Quite the atmosphere for romance I guess! LOL

LAMAP---Wow!!! I am really impressed with what you and your son are doing. That is great!!! I wish I could change my oil and that sounds downright piddly next to what you are doing. Do you have one of those cool boards with the wheels that lets you lie down and roll under the car? I always thought those were neat when I saw them on tv. I’ll wager that you sweat buckets doing all that “hard labor” in the heat! Take care and don’t overdo!!! Hey, I had to LOL at what FLYGIRL said about seeing you on Junkyard Wars! That would be too cool!

LDBLOND---Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I do feel like I’m getting back in the swing of things and the funk/haze is lifting. I like your idea about tackling one thing at a time to get me (and the scales) going in the right direction. First thing . . . TREADMILL!!! That has to be my priority. Then I’ll work on Fitday to keep track of the intake. BTW . . . I was raised on bologna and miracle whip sandwices. Yummy . . . then. But my family always added a “healthy” covering of margarine to the bread before adding the miracle whip. Doesn’t that just make your stomach turn. Like there wasn’t enough fat in there already . . . let’s add some more!!! I can’t remember the last time I had bologna. Did your family FRY it? My mom did (of course using the same margarine in the skillet) and we thought we were really living it up! LOL

FLYGIRL---Had to relate with the Huge Calf and Huge butt wagons. I am there with you on both. Went to college in East TN and walked those hills everyday on campus. I have “strong like bull” calves. The water may be the issue with you. I know that when I don’t drink the water, I am NOT going to lose. Sometimes i feel limited to drinking only a few glasses because my schedule has me running all over the place and no where near a potty. Also, one of my cousins told me yesterday that she knew a guy who lost every bit of his weight by just drinking 64 oz of water a day. Oh to have it that easy, but I think it’s still a good point. Let’s flush the fat, Fly!!!

SPARKLE---Thanks for the words of encouragement. You make a good point about monitoring the length of slumps. And I have to agree with you. Yes, I still slump, but I do get back up and do what needs to be done. I think this is a HUGE thing to grab hold of. I guess I have always really guilted my way into staying slumped for a long time. When all I really need to do is acknowledge the slump and go from there. Don’t you think that sometimes we all have this picture of perfection and then whoops, here comes a curve or a slump and we fall to pieces? I know for sure that I do that and in the past would totally give up and go back to a defeatist attitude and them be really miserable. So I’m naming my slump “The Funk” and moving on. Muchos gracias!

ORANGE---I’m glad to see you are concerned about our safely. We are fine, but there is still tension in the air. Shooting number 78 was yesterday and sadly it was a toddler that got hit. Last I heard the child was still in critical condition. It’s pretty depressing. We still have to be downtown a good bit, but I don’t feel threatened or anything during the day. By the time night falls, I’m usually in my bed. I feel so bad for the innocent people who live in the high violence areas. They are trapped and can’t “get away” like we suburb babes do. Yes, I need detox and bad!!! I’ll go with you and be your roomie.

FILLISE, SPARKLE---Who’s all talking about Palm Pilots???? I got mine two Christmases ago and LOVE it. It has a sizeable chunk of my brain in it. Yes, when Paul bought it, that brand was the only available so he paid out the “you know where”. It scared me to have something that expensive in my purse and even now I have panic attacks as I rummage through my bag looking for it. Besides addresses and the usual calendar stuff, I’ve also put a lot of recipes on it so when I’m at the grocery store and want to know what is in something, I have it right there. Also have lists like “Books to Read and who recommended them” and “Movies to Rent”. I have all family and close friends’ birthdays listed and they repeat every year with an alarm five days before that tells me to go and buy the card and mail it. Pretty cool, now if I could actually carry all that out, it would really be swell!!! Didn’t know if somebody was thinking about getting one, buy I’d highly recommend it. I am a former Franklin planner person so was used to keeping a very detailed book with me.

RHROO---I like that reminder that our skin hates sugar too. I want to look younger. Am afraid that if I lose all the weight I will have a crepey, folded neck. Eeeeek. Hope the beach was heavenly!

NANCE---Sure glad I got back under the buzz-wire. Whew! That would have been nasty. Miss Maddie has been “in my face” for days. Are you sure you or Skeeter didn’t send her a message. She seems to be at peace now that I have the 3FC window open. You are right about posting being part of the solution. It’s just so hard to catch up when you miss a few days. I feel like I’m being rude when I can’t read everything, then comes the guilt. Then comes the avoidance. That’s a vicious cycle. Hope you are doing well. Like you I have really changed my taste in wines. Used to be a sweet wine gal . . . zinfandels and stuff like that. I call them koolaid wines. But now I love the reds. Merlot is one of my favorite. There is a great red table wine that’s called a Syrah and it’s made by Georges de’ Beoough. (I know I screwed up that spelling!) To remember it I have to think George of Beef. Anyways, it’s REALLY cheap (like $5 or $6) and so tasty. Also enjoy the pinot noirs too. I don’t know that much about them . . . just what kinds made me smile. Hey, did you drink Annie Green Springs when you were young and doing it just to get drunk??? Just had to ask. We weren’t much interested in bouquet or color, just what would “do the trick.”

VIV---I don’t know what you meant in your post to me about my email address. Are you getting messages returned as undeliverable? Just wondering. BTW I am going onto my bio and switch my address to the one that I know is absolutely positively right. Okay? What’s this about me emailing your picture to you BEFORE I post it??? Do I need permission from you before I put in on??? If so, I’d better not even scan it. Even though I think the picture is GREAT and DEB thinks the picture is GREAT, I can hear you finding something wrong with it and saying “NO WAY!!!!” Just kidding, friend, I’ll let you see it first. But I can’t promise that it won’t be on here someday. I’m terribly forgetful at times (peri menopause here I come!) and I may “forget” what you said about it. LOLOLOLOLOL This might be the time for the evil laugh FILLISE mentioned Bwha-ha-ha-ha-ha. (Did you ever watch SCTV with Andrea Martin playing Edith Prickly and her laugh??? That’s what I think of with that laugh!)

Well, girls, that’s it for me. I’m heading off to read and fall asleep. The headache is FINALLY gone, but am still wiped from it. Question: Does a migraine have to be SEVERE PAIN or can it be a dull constant pain over a few days’ time?

Okay, I’m hitting the road. You all take care. Hope I haven’t missed anybody. If I did, sorry and I’ll catch you on the flip side!!!!

Kim
Old 07-21-2001, 08:31 PM   #120  

Default AN OFFICIAL APOLOGY

Hey, I just checked my BIO and my email address was TOTALLY WRONG on there. Ooooops. (Imagine my embarrassment!) So it's fixed. And I hope it hasn't caused too much grief for any of you. That goes especially to dear VIV. You've been telling me for weeks something was wrong and I should have done something before about it. So very, very sorry.

G'night!
QK
Closed Thread