Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 1/23 - 1/29

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1095951#post1095951

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 01-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  

Lightbulb Challenges!

CHALLENGES!!

1. How did you do with the challenges last week? Pick one you did not do, and figure out if you can do it this week, or if it just does not apply to you. If it doesn't apply to you, come up with one that does, and share it!

2. Drink your water!

3. Get in at least three days of exercise.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday All!

Good morning ladies...

I sure hope that everyone had a great weekend... my mom and I had a good time we did some shopping although we were not able to find the Agave but I will keep looking. I was able to find the steel cut oats and an eager to make some of them.

I need to get caught up on all of the posts over the weekend so I know what is going on with everyone.

Ok, MMM, I am not sure what all we need to post here or about the challenges so I will just post a couple of things and everyone can tell me what I am missing.

Weight loss: Down 7 lbs.
Exercise: Did not get any in last week at all. I really need to work on that area but my main goal this week is to stay on plan and get in at least three sessions of exercise.

I will check back in later on, Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 01-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #4  

Good Morning! It's a rainy day in Georgia! Another gray, overcast, moist morning that makes me want to crawl back in bed! I started the boards last night so I could sleep in, and I did. I just woke up and I feel refreshed. That doesn't happen very often! The best thing is that my neck is almost all better.

I actually remembered to hop on the metal monster. My first try said I had gained half a pound. My second says I lost half...so I will of course take the second! I think it would have been better if I could have been able to get my weekend walking in. The rain messed me up there. I should have gone to Wally world and walked...except it gets awfully expensive!

My biggest failing on last weeks challenges was making a menu. I really need to do this. I am going to go downstairs, have breakfast, make some espresso, and check out what I have in the freezers and make some lists, then make a menu for the week. I have a few challenges in doing that. One is that I am supposed to carry dinner for about ten for my team meeting at church Tuesday night. Two nights this week, Tom will be gone as well. I really need to get into the swing of this though. I hate spending money on groceries that are lovingly turned into garbage! My cabinets are rather full too. Its time to work this out.

PRINCESS: I am glad you had fun with your mom! The agave can be hard to find. You could ask your favorite health food store to carry it. It is easy to order it from Sweet Cactus Farms. They have their own webpage, and the price, with shipping, is about what I pay for it off the shelf anyway. You can get half light and half dark, and see which one you like best. I prefer the dark on waffles or pancakes, and use the light in tea. In coffee, I use whichever one I can find first!

I will be back!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #5  

OK, Last week I was two pounds above my ticker weight, but this week I've made it back down and now I match! Which is good, but I was really hoping for more.

I got out my food diary that I "made" myself and I'm trying to start with that again. I think it may help me with portion control. I got it from low fat recipes.com and tweaked it a little to fit my needs. I keep up with fat, calories, carbs and fiber. It has worked for me in the past, just need to keep up with it.

My goal this week is to get out and exercise more. I did walk once last week, then we ran into rainy weather. There was one day, maybe Wednesday, that we could have gone, but I forgot all about it till I was cooking supper and then it was too dark. Maybe it will click and I can get into a good habit!

Hope everyone has a good day! (and this rain clears out soon! )
Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Ticker Test

Just trying out my ticker tape ladies...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #7  

Default weigh in

after last week, i HATE THE SCALE!

down one more pound, which (by the new scale) puts me at 224. i am finding it hard to stay on program during the weekends, this is two weekends in a row i have eaten leftover NOT FOR ME foods, eaten on the fly, which usually means from a fast food place, or omg 7-11. although yesterday, we sped thru a 7-11 on the way home from the beach, and both my daughters made healthy choices, salad and vegies with ranch, which made it easier for me to be happy with my banana.... any suggestions for keeping me out of the junk on the weekends?

today:
BF: one hard boiled egg, one pear
Lunch: Triscuits with cheese and jalepenos, and an apple.
dinner: questionable.........
Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #8  

JAILENE: I think if you plan out what you are going to eat on the weekends, it might help. That way, you KNOW if you have what you need, and can make sure you have it before the temptation strikes. If you keep legal on the go foods around, you will be able to grab them fast, and not blow your program. For instance, lean luncheon meats, low fat cheeses, precut veggies (which reminds me, your menu fails to mention veggies...) legal crackers, such as triscuits, Ak Mak, RyKrisp, etc. Some folks on here carry a legal protein bar in their purses for such an emergency. If you have good stuff for you, it should be easier to make the right choice. If you are forced to get stuff at a 7-11, nuts, beef jerky, 100% fruit juices, even yogurt or milk, are good choices. For that matter, carry your own bag of nuts, or make beef jerky. (its really easy...use 1# flank steak, cut with the grain into 1/4 inch thick pieces. For each pound, mix in well 1 T fajita seasoning. Lay the strips on a wire rack over a pan with sides. Bake in a very low oven - 175 degrees or 200 at most - over night. Drain on paper towels and store in an airtight container). One thing I noticed was you said you ate a banana. Bananas are NOT legal. They are ok in an emergency IF they are still green tipped, but they have a very high Glycemic Index, and raise blood sugar levels rather quickly. An apple, orange, pear, nectarine...would be better.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #9  

Good morning my buddies. I'km of to my OB appt, and trying not to be late. I jsut hads to hop on and say hi. WIsh me luck on talking them into a sonogram. I'm not scheduled for one, but if they do one we should be able to know what we've got!!!!!!

I'll be back on later

LATEST BOY NAME UP FOR DISCUSSION:

Gailen Cole Seibel

No, I'm not worried that kids will call him gay. WIth the names of by friends kids, it would be quite tame. (Fisher, Fin, Ransom, True, Joa, Dorian, Pheonix) SHould fit irght in

SO other than that, wnat do you think? IT's a male version of my MIL's name, which will be the middle name if it is a girl (Lucienne Gaylene).
Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #10  

TALITHA: Let me think on that Gailen a bit. I DO like Cole though. One of my favorite students at school is named Cole. How about Cole Gailen? Then you can call him Cole...and there would be no chance of him being called Gai, Gay, or whatever cruel kids would make of the name Gailen.....
Old 01-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #11  
MJ

Talking Good morning!

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday. I guess Louisiana is in that same weather front as Georgia because we are gray and misty as well. But at least it’s warm! I saw it snowed quite a bit in the old hometown of Chicago, so I’ll take misty rain and 65 degrees any day!

I made it through my first weekend on program! It really wasn’t too bad. The thing is, I am a GREAT dieter! I follow the rules and stick to the straight and narrow, until I just decide to chuck it all. That is my problem. I do well and then quit for no apparent reason. That’s why I really need to focus in the lifestyle change! If I keep thinking about it as a “diet” that I am either on or off, then I will fail!

Having said that, my metal monster showed a 7-POUND LOSS! And it has only been 6 days! Woo hoo! If I am about 50% water, there must have been excess somewhere!

This board is awesome and thank you all for your input and support!

Princess: Congrats on your 7lbs! We are weight loss twins today!

Monet: Making a menu is hard for me as well. I looked in my freezer this morning and wasn’t in the mood to cook anything I had in there! I took some steaks out and will make those tomorrow. Today I might have to stop at the store and get something. DH asked for meatballs and mashed potatoes yesterday so maybe I’ll get some ground turkey. We can conquer this challenge!

Thin: Congrats on being able to even START a food diary! The closest I get is posting my menus on the board. I am at a place right now where I really cannot focus on counting anything. I just need to concentrate on staying legal. I don’t really eat between meals or after dinner so I figure if I just stay balanced and eat til satisfaction (not full or stuffed), I should come out alright!

Jailene: Weekends ARE hard! Although it sounds cliché, you really have to plan ahead. Have triscuits, legal fruit, legal deli meat and cheese sticks in the car in a little cooler. That might help. Also nuts might be good to have. We all struggle with it!

Talitha: I really like Gailen. It’s kind of a unisex name, but it sounds regal! I can’t believe True, Phoenix, and Ransom are boys names!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

It's been a long time since I've lost weight three weeks in a row. But I'm down another 3 pounds this week to 163. I think tracking even my little bites here and there is helping.

Monet...thank you for your challenges and setting up the board. It is really amazing how much difference it makes to have some where to go and share ups and downs in this weight loss journey. I think I'm turning into a knitting junkie...LOL I haven't made anything yet really but I'm having fun making up designs. I did make one scarf and I have a feeling if I don't run out of yarn the thing I'm working on now will end up a scarf. I'm so glad your neck is feeling better. Good luck on making and following your menus this week.

Talitha...what a neat name. Our neighber had a little boy names Cole and he was such a sweetheart so I'm biased to that one. Praying they let your have your sonogram.

Jailene....hang in there. I think we've all had our times battling the weekends. Monet had some great ideas. Just this weekend we had to take the kids shopping. By the time dinner time rolled around I realized I hadn't really eaten I threatened to gnaw my arm off. We went to Taco Bell. one of my favorites. I ate the taco salad minus the shell and some beans. I try to keep water on hand too. Sometimes I can trick my stomach until we can get somewhere to make better choices. By the way down one pound is GREAT! Just think it would even be more on the other scales. You are doing an awesome job.

Thin...Awesome being down two more pounds!! Good job on starting to journal again. I truly think it makes a big difference.

Princess...woo hoo 7 pounds is great!

Time to feed the kiddos and get them started on their lessons.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/140/163
Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Mj...

MJ...we were posting at the same time. Seven pounds is GREAT! And you are so right. It has to be a way of life and not a diet. April will be my five year anniversay of switching to Sugar Busters. You are doing awesome and as the pounds continue to come off you'll be hooked. ((hugzz))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #14  
Goddess

Default Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

It is dreary and rainer here too. I had class at 8 am and it was pouring. I had a surprisingly good turnout for the weather.

Dad is home from the hospital and it will probably be 6-8 weeks before the do the bypass. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday was good eating wise. I went to the store and stocked up on salad greens and spinach. Kronger had avocadoes for 50 cents each so I got some of those as well. Last night I made one of my favorite salads--greens, cut up avocado, cut up apple, crumbled blue cheese and a lime vinageratte (homemade) dressing. Yum!

I haven't made a menu for the week yet, but I did remember to take some chicken breasts out of the freezer to thaw!

Miss Belle has decided she wants to snuggle--and I'm in the mood for a little purr therapy so I'm going to snuggle with her for a little while. I'll try to get back later!

Susan
Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #15  

Good Morning ladies.....

I did remember to step on the scales this morning......I am still the same. So I guess my binges the last few weeks either got used up exercising, or my calorie count is still a bit low. Either way, I am not complaining. I thought I had gained during Christmas too and did not. I was on the run so much then, that it was almost impossible for me to stay on plan. But......I am doing well now. I did have a couple of beers yesterday.....the first ones for about 3 or 4 years. Football all day yesterday......and I ate some wheat thins.....not legal either, but at least I didn't dive into the sweets again. And the best news of all is that our SEATTLE SEAHAWKS are in the superbowl this year. First year ever!!

I did some extra cycling this morning after my upperbody workout, so hopefully I will see a loss this week. I am planning to walk as much as weather will allow this week too, besides the strength training on the TBT.

Congrats to all you losers this week, Princess, Mj, Crystal, Monet, Thin, Jailene, you gals are awesome!!

Hope to get back here later......have to go get some breakfast, I have already been up for over 2 hours......shame on me!!
Closed Thread