Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #16  

Good morning lovely ladies I'm forcing a good mood today, because my belly feels really gross. I hate morning sickness...

THe kdis are feeling better so I'll be off to the Y in a few minutes. I'm a little to overwhelmed to do a FULL menu for the week, so I just wrote a few things on the fridge that I know I can do easily and I'll pick which one to do ever morning for dinner. Tonight will be a roast.

We got our tax notice for the house. They raised our taxes for the eyar so much that our house payment will go up $250 a month!!!!! I'm totally panicking. They raised it $100 last year and that was a problem. We are looking at refinancing anyway. I'm about to get the settlement from my car accident, which will be able to pay off some debt and hopefully pay for the baby. WE are trying to sell our car so that $350 paymewnt will be gone. It's just crazy. I feel like everything is in limbo.

I think I am goign to get one of those 3D/4D ultrasounds. I have $100 from christmas and I've always wanted one. I'll go in about 3 weeks and they'll be able to tell me what we've got I'm DYING to know!!

I didn't get my blood test done. Drove all the way to Mom's house (45 minutes, so always a last resort) and realized Travis had thrown away the paperwork for my blood tests! So I called the OB office. It took them 2 hours to call back. By the time I got over there it was 3:30 and the lab closed at 4. Then I drove around and couldn't find the lab becasue it has moved. I was so IRitated!!! All that gas wasted. I did get to lay down and snuggle with Selah at my mom's house for a little nap wile waiting for them to call.
How did my little girl get so big? She kicked my butt at Candyland last night and Trav's too!! I can't believe she is big enough to play games and KNOW what she is doing!! I need to get some other games for her. SHe has Chutes and ladders. Any suggestions? NOTHING electronic...

Ok, Gotta go. I'm gonna be late for my class....
Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #17  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

After being away for two weeks--lots to do to catch up. Just going through the mail was an all afternoon chore.

At least the scale seems to be back moving in the right direction!

Talitha--Sorry you got the run around on the lab test! I know what you mean about limbo. This is the time of year when I'm trying to get clients to sign contracts. . .

Monet--Have you tried the Crystal Light Peach Tea--YUM!!!

Melf--I almost did the Chinease Buffet on Sunday--stopped at the mexican Restaurant instead. One is as bad as the other for me.

Fruit--Congrats on the Op Day!!! I bet that little one IS keeping you busy. I hope it works out for you and for her. It sounds like she will be much better off with you than with her birth parents.

Aiyana--We all struggle with the weekends. Try not to beat yourself up too badly and just get back OP--which it sounds like you have done!

Muncher--Those holiday pounds are the WORST! Just get back OP and they will be off before you know it. A lot of it is probably water anyway.

Jailene--WTG on the 3 lbs lost--for good this time!

Pancho--I have a pack rat at my house too--unfortunatley it's me!

Crystal--WTG--6lbs!!!!

Gator--You are so disciplined! Exercise is my downfall. I just hate it and therefore never do it.

Solly--WOW, I don't care if it is all water--15 lbs is awesome! I guess you ARE feeling better.

Good Simple mean--Black beans over brown rice. Low fat, low glycemic and very filling. I had it for supper last night and am not hungry yet (9 am).

Have a good OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

My gym experience was cut short. My DD was feeling sick and she stuck it out as long as she could. I got 21 mintues on the bike and a couple wt machines. About 35 minutes in all. I had planned to get on the TM when we got home, but had to fix dinner and then wash a load, etc. Just too much too do.

Since it is Tuesday Tips Day, I read something interesting in a daily paper we get:

Simpled laws of lasting weight loss:

1. Carbs don't matter. Calories do.
2. Focus on food over exercise. A little food can wipe out an exercise session.
3. Pump up the volume. Foods rich in water and fiber ar bulkier, but less caloric. Fiber is a dieter's best friend.
4. Consistency rules. Eat the same numbe rof meals each day.
5. When you eat, that should be all you do. Don't get distracted or multitask.
6. A serving is smaller than you think.
7. Occasional meal replacements like Slim-Fast or Lean Cuisine willhelp.
8. Don't crash diet. You will lose muscle in additon to fat.

BF: 2 hard boiled eggs.
Snack: grapes (about 12) and 6 carrots
Lunch: salad with chicken
Dinner, Spaghetti and meat sauce, salad, ww bread.

Gator, Congrats on your 2 lb loss. They only way is down this year.

Country, :dance" 6 lbs is awesome. WTG passing on those brownies, that would be so hard.

Nat, did they catch that pack rack yet? Yuck! I love your little tips.

Jailene, Congrats on your 3 lbs gone.

Much, time to get back on track. That scale can be so shattering. Hope your back is better.

Aiyana, jumping right back on track is the secret. Then those weekend trips won't hurt you so badly.

Missy, One day legal under your belt. WTG. Hope today is number 2 for you and many more to follow. You can do this. Just remember why you are doing it and that will help you. No 15 was not a typo. Can you believe I can retain that much water. I take 3 diuretics a day and sometimes on the weekends, I don't take them, and that's what happens.

Melf, Congrats on your one day under your belt. Now make it 2.

Monet, corn chips? You said you were not going to cheat. We are watching you.

Talitha, Another oldie good game is Hi Ho Cherry O. Pretty easy for young ones. That's a big increase. I think I would check into refinancing too.

Susan, glad you are back. I hate mail from vacation. Actually, I hate it every day. Plus it is always bills. But I just hate sorting through all that stuff.

Got to run, have a great OP day.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #19  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone. Strive for a good OP day today!

Solly, I LOVED your tips. So true. I agree that it is 90% eating and 10% exercise. Although I DO exercise, because that is for the rest of my body--heart, bones, etc. I am a big believer in strength training because that develops stronger muscles, which up the metabolism rate, and also are good for fighting some of the problems in aging. I don't love exercise all that much, Solly, but I force myself to do it. That's one reason I wear the pedometer. I set a goal and it helps me be faithful in reaching it. My DH wanted to walk this morning, so we hit the streets at 7:30 a.m. and got in a little over 2 miles, or 6600 steps for me. Takes about 40 minutes.
BTW, Solly, what's up with the 'Cats? I'm really surprised!

I have cleaned the kitchen, cleaned myself, ready to study some French, and will play a little golf this afternoon with my DH. So will sign off now.

Monet-- what about those corn chips?!!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #20  

Sigh..... Selah threw up and they both still have seriously runny noses, so no Y today I'm really gonna panic if I don't get to exercise some. I may try to find a workout video for pregnancy or something, just for days/weeks like this.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #21  

Default blew my eating

i went 200 calories over my limit yesterday, go figure on APPLE JUICE, LOL. DARN THOSE CRAVINGS!

hit the gym last night, and i am stiff today, thank goodness its yoga tonight, i could use a good stretch.

i resisted the temptation to weigh last night at the y. i have to weigh too often, it discourages me, all the normal homonal ups and downs, does anyone else feel that way? once a week or so is about all i can manage.

thanks gator for the walking tips. 40 minutes, huh? will try that tomorrow night. no way with short order cook and school bus duty that i can fit another thing into my morning routine. I have kids leaving the house between 6:30 and 7:45 and all different times, i am up by 6 to shoo the teenagers off, then i have three in elementary, at two different schools, and one of them has track, so i have to take him early. no time to walk in the morning AT ALL! sometimes there isnt even time for makeup.

i love all the tips. they are awesome! thanks ladies.

my eating is wayyy off today, barely got any cereal this morning (box was EMPTY, I LOVE MY CHILDREN, I SWEAR I DO).
Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #22  

Howdy ho all; I wrote a post with replies to all yesterday and my computer froze up so I lost it all. Hope that doesn't happen today. For some reason I weighed two lbs. heavier yesterday. I was so disappointed and don't know what I did wrong last week. But I'm back trying again. Its raining here and has been all night. Boy does Missouri need it. Better try and see if I can post this one...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #23  

Just a fly by. I ate chili with cheese and sour cream for breakfast. WHAT was I thinking? I now feel all bloated and yucky. In a few minutes, I need to take my son to work, then come home and get ready to go to school. I already took one nap today, and I am feeling like I need another. I just took Laura over to pay her overdue fee at the college so she can get online and try and register for some classes. I may try and get her to take her brother to work...hehe...

The weather is absolutely gorgeous here. It would be a perfect day for a walk, but now I don't have time. Grrr.

I will try and get back after I get home from school.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #24  

TALITHA: Check into whether you can contest your taxes in Fulton. I know you can in Gwinnett. We did and got it lowered a good bit two years ago. They raised them again last year, and when Tom contested it again, they overruled and we had to pay it. BUT, we did get one year of reduction. $250 a month seems extreme...and if you present it as a burden, they ought to be willing to work it out for you. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #25  

Good Morning ladies--

I didn't make it yesterday, or the weekend, but then I don't plan on the weekends as I hardly ever even turn on the computer. But I do want to get here every week day. Eating was great all last week until Saturday night. Ate totally on plan at our weekly Saturday pot luck, then came home and ate 2 cookies. Go figure...... Then on Sunday, I snitched a couple of Doritos.

Went into town with my Mom yesterday. I took in my Family Calendars to get them bound at Staples. I take pictures every Christmas day at Mom's, and then put them on a calendar that has everyones birthdays and anniversaries on it. And with our combined family, (Ted"s and mine) this is quite a calendar. And my Mom loves it because all of the pictures are her kids and grandkids!! I have made them for all the relatives, but that gets to be a pain, because when I ask for their pictures.......half of them never get them to me and then I don't know what to put on them. If I just do them for Mom and my brother and sisters, they all have the same pictures on them!!

Here is yesterdays menu:
B-- 1/2 grapefruit, Lite 85 yogurt
L-- Chicken fahitas, refried bean..... with no tortilla or rice.
snack--peanuts
D--Leftover meatloaf, 1 cup coleslaw, sf cheescake.

Todays menu--

B-- Venison hot link, 1/2 grapefruit, Lite 85 yogurt.

L--ham, coleslaw

snack--orange

D--Stir fry with a salad.

Talitha-- Wow, 250.00 more per month,that seems really extreme. There should be something you can do to check and make sure that there hasn't been some kind of mistake.

Fillise-- Hello, nice to see you.

Solly-- Sorry your gym workout was cut short, but heck, 35 minutes is nothing to sneeze at!! The tips were great, especially # 2!! How easy it is to say, "oh this little bit won't hurt." not realizing just how many calories were in that little taste!!

Gator-- Hello, nice to see you again.

Jailene-- I have to fight myself to not step on the scales every morning. I am trying to only weigh once a week. Just have to remember to make it on Mondays!!

Toni-- Boy, I wish you could have our rain.......We had about 22-23 days that it stayed below freezing, then when it warmed up we have had nothing but rain. And it is in the forecast for all week again this week. I am beginning to think that I should grow webs between my toes. The ground is just saturated, and there is mud everywhere.

Monet-- I sure wish I could get out and walk. I am planning on riding the stationary bike this afternoon, but I hate it compared to walking. (Plus I get to take my Buddy with me when I walk.) And he loves our walks as much as I do!!

Well gals, I better go get busy!! See you all later.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I have been thinking about Monet's challenge of preparing a menu for the week and I realized a couple things I wanted to pass on especially to the newbies.

This diet works if you do it. But it works easier when you plan ahead. Plan you menu, plan what you will eat when you go to a party or have a party. Plan and prepare ahead. I have been boiling 8 eggs every week so we have them fo breakfast or protein in our salads. I fix my salad dressing ahead of time. Cut up veggies so when you are hungry, they are on hand and you can grab them instead of no-nos.

If planning a weekly menu is too much for you, just plan your dinner. That's what I do. I know what I'm having each night (main meat, etc). Now my sides may vary but that is ok. Then each day I know my dinner and then I work backwards and plan my lunch, then my breakfast. If I don't want a carb for lunch, then I can have it at bf. That way I have something to start with every day and can easily and quickly plan the rest of the day each day.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Gator, I don't know what's up with the Cats. We'll see if they get any better with Morris back tonight. I'm really not looking forward to playing you guys.

Toni, sorry the scale was up for you. Hang in there. We are getting all that rain here to today.

Jailene, I weigh everyday, but I realize the ups and downs with hormones, etc. I guess if you can handle it ok and if not, once a week. After I read your posts, I feel like your Avator. I think it is perfect for you. Stretched to the limits.

Monet, that was a strange breakfast. Don't think I could handle that heavy food so early.

Teensy, what a cut idea. I may suggest that to my niece. She always has a camera in her hand at all family functions and could do that easily. Don't let those little slips mess you up. Get right back on track.

Have a great day.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #27  

Unhappy Omg!!

I am soooooooooo sore! Can barely walk! LOL! Have to go to the gym later instead of earlier today.
I envy you fast typers. I am the world slowest hunt-n-pecker. Sad..isn't it! Never took typing in high school or college. My little notes take me forever and then I see ya'll with these long novels. Man...this takes me forever to type as it is. I'd be looking for letters on the keyboard ALL day, if I wrote like ya'll.
I had oatmeal and apple today and decaf coffee with sf hazelnut creamer for breakfast and a ham/cheese hoagie and sf chocolate milk for lunch. Leftover Pork Roast , grilled asparagus and brown rice for dinner. SF ice cream with sf almond roca on top and Red wine if I'm lucky.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #28  

Good Morning:

There was a huge accident on the freeway today, so Britt was 15 minutes late to school; she hates to be late. After I dropped Lane off at school, I went to the gym and then to have lunch with Britt. We are now home for awhile. Britt starts her guitar lessons tonite, and I have a Reunion meeting.

Lane is playing a computer game right now. I don't let her do it often, but it amazes me how well she can navigate the mouse at 3 1/2 years old. She does really well, and she is learning a lot.

Eating has been good, so far. I had a legal bowl of cereal for BF, a banana, apple, and an In & Out Burger for lunch. I had a few sips of hot chocolate, but not too much. I will be eating at Red Robin tonite, but will be able to find somethng o.k. there.

Muncher: I hope your back feels better soon! I have a bad lower back, and every once in awhile, it really bothers me. That is why I am really trying to build up my core muscles.

Fruit: Way to go being 100% OP; you're an old pro at this...you can do it. We used to have a blue/gold macaw, but got rid of it when Britt was a baby; he was too dirty and LOUD! Is the baby feeling better; is her ear infection cleared up? What is her name again?

Melf: Way to get right back OP.

Monet: What would Tom do without you? You take good care of him! Do beans usually upset your stomach...or do you think it is the dairy?

Talitha: How frustrating on the bloodwork ordeal; I would have been upset too. How old is Selah now? Lane is 3 1/2, and loves the matching games. She also has Hi-ho Cherry O, and got a Littlest Pet Shop game for Christmas that she really likes. We also have Charades for kids, and it is great for Lane and Britt. They have pictures of the words for the little players and words for older players. So, Lane looks at the picture and acts it out, and Britt reads hers and acts it out.

Fillise: Glad you are getting settled back in. It's good to see you!

Solly: No luck yet on that rat; we got his tail though. The exterminator put down some pellets that will make him die, apparently. Great ideas for the newcomers. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Jailene: Lots of people only weigh in once a week. I weigh daily, but am maintaining my weight and not losing, so I try to keep a close eye on any gains.

Toni: HOWDY!!

Teensy: What a neat calendar idea; it sounds really nice.

I gotta go get re-showered, after working out today.

I'll check in tomorrow sometime.

Take care,
Nat
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll!

Good afternoon Just a quickie post. I'm over a moma's today visiting my sweet grand baby. My tip for Tuesday is an old one...journal. I've really enjoyed putting down each ingredient and food into my fitday journal. It really helps me to see what I'm eating.

Aiyana...hang in there. As you practice more and more you'll get faster.

Solly....Sounds like you did a good job with the time you had in the gym. 35 minutes is nothing to sneeze at.

Teensy....don't let the cookies or Doritos get you down. You didn't eat a half a dozen cookies or the whole bag. You are doing great. Those are just some minor slips.

Monet...Enjoy the great weather. It's been a great year for us. Much warmer than normal. It's a bit chili today but we are hoping to get out anyhow.

Toni...don't get discouraged. It's probably just some quirky water weight. If you are eating well and moving you are doing the best you can do. The scales were up a tad for me this morning also.

Jailene...hang in there. The best thing about a new day is you can start fresh.

Talitha....aww poor babies. I'm so sorry they are still feeling down. Sometimes when I can't my walk in I make up reason to get up and down. Example: if there are two things to pick up I pick up one and put it away. Come all the way back and pick up the other. Or make three trips to the dumpster instead of one. Wow on the tax increase. That's a lot for one year. I agree with Monet. I would check and see why they increased it so much and try to protest. We were able to do that year before last. Mine just went up but it was only 100 something for the year. I can't imagine it going up so much per month. Praying God lets you find favor and you don't have to pay that much.

Susan...thank you. ((hugzz))

Fruit...thank you. Now to prepare for the slow down this week. I wish they could all be big weeks. WTG on your no cheat day!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Gotta run.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #30  

Breakfast today was 1/2 c each of Fiber One, cotttage cheese & frozen raspberries

snack.. 4 quamquats

Lunch...1 WW Pita with Gyros, lettuce & dap FF sour cream

snack...orange or yogart

Supper will be left over Auromatic lentil & chicken
Closed Thread