Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:09 PM   #76  

I just typed a big ole reply and it disappeared when I hit submit and Im too tired to go and remember what I typed so I will just say hi for today.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #77  

I just got in from movie night at the church. The adults watched The Apostle, while the kids watched The Great Muppet Caper. Guess which one Monet watched...yep..the muppets. BUT, she was bad bad bad! Skittles, M&Ms, and potato salad, chips, and Chic Filet chicken fingers... There was very little that was legal...

I am beat! I am about to go crawl in bed, and call it a night!

BOB: Keep us posted on the tests and stuff. Are the diuretics helping?

CINDY: I hate that! You spend all the time typing, then lose it. Grrr. How is the weather up there?

Ok, I am off.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:52 AM   #78  

brrrrrrrr.. cold... here Monet... 29 right now.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #79  

Good morning! Just got back from yoga. Now I am just cold!!! It is like 30 something out this morning. I guess winter is coming . Oh well.

TECH- OK- I also grew up in Rochester. I know Hilton very well. My dad lived there for a few years. Only one signal light in the town- wonder if that's still the case. I grew up in the city, then we moved to the suburb of Greece. AND my hubby and I lived in Cheektowaga for 2 years after we first got married. Small world. Also (if that weren't enough) I have a new found relative that lives in Massena (near the 1000 Islands-) and have been visiting there a bit. It is so beautiful there, you are right! What a wonderful place to live!! Don't like NYC much either. For me, its even too stressful to visit. I was there 2 times- that was enough.

BOB- Thanx for the welcome. I enjoy a good rowdiness. I will be happy here!

MONET- I'm glad you got a kick out of that story- it was a funny sight. Art teacher, eh? One of my favorite teachers in school was an art teacher. You guys are not THAT weird!

Well, I am off to take my kids to the mall to go trick or treating. Dora, Sponge Bob and Blue will be there. I would like to try and hug Sponge Bob if he lets me. I wonder if he's squishy????????

Hugs, MUNCH
Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #80  

Morning! Just flying by. I would have slept ok, inspite of eating junk last night, if the stupid cat had not decided to try and sleep on top of me. She walked across me three times...I should have gotten up the first time and thrown her out of the room and closed the door. I am such a sucker.

We had our Saturday morning espresso, and I am heading down for brunch when I finish this. Then we might go for a walk, then I need to head over to the art supply store and find a few odds and ends I need. Tonight, we are babysitting for a young couple in our church who live near here. They have a one year old, so its an easy job!

Old 10-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #81  

Welcome Munch. You're going to love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I live in Missouri in a small rural town. Population 600. We have a mobile home 3 miles out of town right next to the river. Its about 50 today and beautiful with all the leaves turning. Had a crew out here this week and they put new windows in. I couldn't believe how fast they worked. By noon it was all done. Got my grocery shopping done Friday. This evening we're going to barbeque. Have to do that while we still can before that old man winter sets in. My eating has been awful and hopefully this week I can get a handle on it. I was sick the past couple of weeks so it was hard to stay OP for me. DH did allot of the cooking!!!! Well better get to that mountain of laundry awaiting me....
Old 10-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #82  

Welcome Munch. That was one of the things I was posting that I lost earlier.
60's here today so we are going to mow moms yard hopefully for the last time this season the taking her to dinner.
I did a no no and bought some macadamia nuts and cant keep from grabbing a few here and there. They are my down fall and thats why I dont buy them anymore so why did I today?

Monet - Today I got this organic flour by King Arthur flour. Says it is milled from organic red wheat and is not bleached or bromated ( does say on the front of the bag "all-purpose flour). It is white like regular flour . I mean you wouldnt know the difference looks just the same made a tad bit more not white in color. The ingrediants say"organic wheat flour,organic malted barley flour. Do you think this is legal? I want to make some oatmeal cookies and I hate using the WW flour , just makes them to heavy and I saw this and thought Id try. Of course I did not know what it looked like until I got home and opened the bag it came in. I guess I was expecting something different.

Last edited by Cindylcing; 10-29-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #83  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SATURDAY AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

IT'S SEC FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST TODAY!!!!

AUBURN VS OLE MISS....PUT THE "MISS" in OLE MISS!!! AUBURN IS WHOMPING UP ON OLE MISS.....GOOD GAME SUSAN!!!

DAWGS VS GATORS.....JUST GETTING UNDER WAY!!!! ALL THE FANS ARE DRUNK TURNING THIS INTO AN INTERESTING GAME!!!

VOLS VS THE VISOR MAN....7:45 P.M. CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE TO START!!!!

MONET...I think the fluid pills are working, but without the results of the CT, I can't go back to work...I'll keep you posted!

HEY EVERYBUDDY....IT'S FOOTBALL SATURDAY...SO A WILL HAVE TO DO!!!

BOB
Old 10-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #84  

MONET....I BELIEVE THEM "DAWGS" STOPPED OFF AT THE

BETTER CALL YOUR COACH>>>IT'S HALF TIME, HE'LL BE IN THE LOCKER ROOM WAITING ON THE TEAM TO ARRIVE....GIVE HIM A PEP TALK!!!

BOB

OH WAIT...IT'S FOOTBAL ISN'T IT?????

OH WAIT...THAT'S THE TAILGATERS OUT IN THE PARKING LOT....

THERE WE GO...NOW TURN ON THAT TV AND GET THEM DAWGS GOING!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #85  

CINDY: If it is not 100% whole wheat, its not legal. That is all purpose flour, and has the bran removed in the milling process. It is healthier than bleached flour, but about the same actually. I can understand how you would find the whole wheat flour heavy in cookies, as I agree totally. Whole wheat pastry flour might work better, as it is milled from softer wheat.

BOB: I noticed the Dawgs were not doing well. I am not surprised. Without Shockley to QB, and Tereshinski, or whatever his name is, starting for the first time, well, I did not expect too much.

I just got in from a run to Dick Blick art supplies for school . I found out they are part of the organization that gives schools a discount, so I got it for the supplies I needed. Yay! Since I am a teacher, I get a discount too. Too cool!

On the way home, we stopped at Fresh Market. Its interesting, but I like Whole Foods better. I got a rotisserie chicken for dinner, they had about five different flavors, and I got a white wine and herb flavored one. I can't wait to try it and see if its any good. It was only $1 more than Costco, but the chicken looks smaller. My neighbor, who was with me, got some whole wheat rolls. I found some wheat free crackers to try, but they sure were expensive!

Off to get some stuff done before we have to babysit.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #86  

MONET, WE'LL CRY IN OU BEER TOGETHER....1 DAMN POINT....YES, I LOST TO THE VISOR MAN!!!! I CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITWAS A LOUSY GAME! MY GUYS PLAYED WELL IN THE 1ST QUARTER, BUT THEN THEY FELL APART! SO HERE'S TO US!!! WE'LL HAVE TO HAVE ABOUT A CASE, BECAUSE GATOR WILL BE ON HERE BRIGHT AND EARLY RUBBING IT IN!

I'm off to bed now....dreaming of BOWL GAMES that MY TEAM WILL NEVER SMELL THE GRASS ON>>>>>

BOB
Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #87  

GET UP ALL YOU LAZY HOUND DOGS!!! BOB'S UP SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE TOO!!

Don't ask me why I up, but I am...happens every time we change the time..no matter if it's forward or backward!!!

I'll be back later

BOB
Old 10-30-2005, 10:26 AM   #88  

Morning! I have been up for a few hours, but was fixing espresso, and breakfast. I made a breakfast casserole with brown rice bread, and it had a weird texture. I did not mind it, but Tom was not crazy about it. I am on my third cup of coffee and beginning to feel awake.

Tom is making lots of 'lets go for a walk' noises, so that will probably happen soon. I kind of don't feel like it right now...but I guess that is not a good attitude.

We babysat last night. Easy job. They put the baby down at 7 right after we got there, and we never even heard a peep out of him. We watched Miss Congeniality 2, which was cute, but no where near as good as the first one. We also had popcorn, and though it was good, I felt really bad eating it. The past week has been worse than the week before, and I am NOT going to weigh tomorrow. I know it will be bad. Instead, I am going to re-read Rosedale, the chapter on the Leptin diet, and try and psyche myself up to get back on the program and quit messing up. I know I can't tolerate wheat, so I need to quit eating anything with wheat as well. You all keep me accountable.....

Ok, off to get some street clothes on. I can't walk in my nightgown!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #89  
Little Engine That Could

Hello from a very happy GatorGal.
It's amazing how bad a poodle can look when beaten by a handbag. Almost took the hide off the ole mutt.

OK, OK, that's all I will say, (still smiling), but I will tell you about our party in the parking lot at the WLOCP. The game started at 3:30 pm. We have gone to the UF/UGA game for years in Jax. I would always bring some good food, and our friends we stay with would also. In fact, she would cook all week, fixin' stuff that was go-o-od. Often the husband would take his Weber grill and we'd fix ribs or chicken, or whatever. Anyway, her 3 sons grew up there in Jax. attending the annual tailgate before the game. Now, they are all grown and they run the tailgate party. And it has gotten better, if you can even imagine that. They rent two port-a-potties and bring them in on a small flatbed truck. They rent about 18 parking places, one for the generator. They bring in a huge TV and a bunch of tents. Then they cook: roasted oysters, low country boil (shrimp, sausages, potatoes, corn and spices). there are baked beans, hot dogs and burgers. Fried chicken, all kinds of salads and dips, chips, etc. Lots of good desserts. Several kegs and every kind of booze a well stocked home cabinet would have. Someone even brought a huge flat of strawberries and whipped cream for dunking. It was all g-o-o-d. On the way to the game you have to drive down a main road, alongside of which are parked lots of Dawg fans. They are pretty bad, to put it politely. One year one of them had a mechanical hand, a big one, with a mechanical finger that would go up and down as Gator cars came by. You can get the idea. Many have toy gators on ropes and they throw them out in the street so your car would run over them. Har, har, really funny. I mean, GROWNUPs are doing this!! Everyone is screaming either "Go Gators!" or they are "barking" and yelling "hunker down dawgs".Once when we were walking to the game a bunch of UGA folks surrounded my DH and in unison bagan barking at him. Har har, it was weird. Even the women "bark." There are a lot of rude T-shirts being sold. Many, not just by UGA fans but at other schools we play, spend a lot of effort being "Gator Haters" rather than fans FOR their own school. The Gator T-shirts had mostly to do with "owning" Georgia, since we've won 12 out of the last 14 now. UGA still leads the series by 9 games. The grossest T-shirt I saw was a pro-UGA one and had a detailed drawing of a bulldog's backside, from the rear view, with all anatomy included. And, as usual, groups of cheerleaders from various local school go around and solicit money if they do a cheer for your team. Our friends told us that the RV lot started filling up this past Wednesday. So, for everyone who has never been to the WLOCP, you can see that it is serious business. We had a lot of fun, but it definitely is more fun when your team wins.

To get into the game you had to get what I call "felt up." They were not just checking purses, jackets, etc. but they had separate lines for men and women. They would paw you all over to make sure you were not sneaking something (I don't know what) into the game. It was horrible! I was disgusted and I HATE any stranger touching me!!!!! It makes me a bit angry and prejudiced against the people who bomb others. They are causing all the rest of us to go through disgusting things like this!!

Re. the game, the stadium is divided exactly in half, with the UGA fans sitting on the east side this year, and the Gator fans on the west. Flying over in an airplane, anyone could see the stark contrast--Red and black vs. Blue and orange. Of course, there are always a few UGA fans in the Gator section and vice-versa. There was PLENTY of drinking outside the stadium and so I'm sure there were people in those stands that were drunk, but I really didn't see any problems in the area I was in, about 55 rows up on the 30 yd. line. Oh, did anyone see me? I was wearing orange! Anyway, everyone was very good natured, and there were even a coupleUGA fans 2 seat down from me. My DH went around the parking lot before the game and took pictures of some of the crazy things going on. I'll check through his pix later and if there is anything unbelievably amazing, I'll post it later. The weather was COLD, and my friend and I left near the end of the 3rd quarter to go inside the club section to warm up and watch almost the whole 4th quarter on TV. We went back out for the grande finale.

Now that I gave a detailed picture of a very unique event, I will say that my eating was terrible. I had a rum and diet coke, and some wine, and some chips and dip, and some cake, and, and, and. Today is a new day. I'm back on the wagon.

BOB-- We read about the UT-USC game. We were at a restaurant so did not get to see the game. My heart is with ya, gal. How terrible. First the dawgs kicked your guys at home, and I hope you got some solice out of our kicking the mutts around a little for you. And now the Visor man disrespected your place! We play them up at USC in 2 weeks. Will you pull for us to teach him a lesson? He needs to be taught a little humility! If you watched the UF-UGA game you saw that the Gators don't have much offense, which will be a HUGE disadvantage against Darth Visor. But, thankfully, we had more than the curs. I guess that's all ya need. SOS's defense always was an overwhelming offense. Just score, score, score. Y'all kept him reined in a little bit, but I'm so sad to see that your offense is almost Gator-like in its non-existence. So keep pulling for us to get some retribution for them thar' Vols!!! I see y'all play ND next week. Wishing you much luck.

Fillise--In the same vein--you all can be the spoiler by beating the Dawgs when y'all play. It should be a great game. I'll be pulling for the Tigers!!!!

OK, I've written a ton about football. It's that time of year, ya know. But I did do a lot of studying on French on Friday and Thursday. I just have to review and memorize before my class tomorrow night. I also have to get back out there walking. My cold finally left me Friday night and I am feeling much better. So am ready to ramp up with the exercise. So I will be out there trying to get my 10000 steps in every day. And eating right. I think I want to wear a St. John knit dress at my DD's wedding in March, so need to really watch it if I don't want to look like a battleship.

Well, I'm gonna go. It's nice to see all the chatter while I was gone. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Last edited by GatorGal; 10-30-2005 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #90  

Loved your post Gator. Made me feel like I was there. Its rained today and I've stayed in cozy warm still in my robe. Making beef tips, brown rice and a salad for dinner. Tomorrow I get up bright and early to go get my flu shot. Hope everyone has a nice evening....
Closed Thread