Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #31  

TALITHA: Thanks! Now I just need to find someone with a Sam's card! We are having a movie and discussion night Friday night...with a potluck supper, and that is what I want them for. They are cheap online, but to get them here by Friday the shipping is outrageous!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #32  

Wow, 3 pages on Tues. I better hurry up ! oh I love the pumpkin..how cute.
My first two days of training were rough yesterday more so than today. Tomorrow is a break day then there is more on thurs , friday and maybe Monday Tuesday. But Im just trying to take a day at a time and keep telling myself I cant learn everything in just a few days.
Not much else has happened the last couple days. Just work and home and the usual stuff here.

Tech- gotta love dogs ! Mine are always getting ahold of socks if they can!
What a cute pic!

Talitha- I hope Jake is better

Frog- congrats on the 2 1/2 pound loss That pic is the most cute thing. I agree,, you should get it enlarged.

Susan- I hope you are feeling better !

Bob- drink that water !

Im heading to my second areobics class at the gym tomorrow night. I hope this steps things up a notch for me cause last weeks was sure a killer !
Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #33  

Hey Y'all! Just doing a quick peek to see how everyone is doing. The Tad had her 6 month check-up which means "Shots said the doctor, shots said the nurse, shots said the lady with the alligator purse." Including a flu shot. She was very brave today.

Thanks for all the comments about my sweet girl. I don't mean to be an obnoxious gloating, doting mother, but I'm soo very much in love with my DD. Mr. Frog may possibly be more smitten than I am.

The scale was down another pound this morning but I won't record it until I see that number several days in a row.

Heat wasn;t working last night and there was quite a nip in the house so I pu the Tad in the bed with us to stay warm. It was sweet. Repairman, also our neighbor, came today and I don't know what he did in the 5 minutes he was here but now we have heat. The $60.00 service call was worth it, but good grief! Perhaps I should go into HVAC business.

I've read through all the posts and am up to speed on how you all are. I don't quite have time before bed to post individually, so here is a hurried synopsis post to let you all know I'm thinking about you :

All this talk about is making me want some! YUM!

To those of you who survived the hurricane safely

To you LOSERS

Save the Kitty! =^..^=

Love the dog pick!

For all the sweet comments about Miss Baby Perhaps I should get her an agent!

Promise to read and more when I get a chance this week!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #34  

I have good news and bad news. First the good...I brought Muffin and his sister into the kitchen last night for a while. They are starting to eat canned food and LOVE it! Then we put a bell on the end of a black piece of yarn to see what they would do. Well, Muffin followed it and batted at it and tried to attack it while his sister looked at him like he was crazy. He was so funny! He either can follow it by hearing it, or maybe he could see the shadow of the black yarn against the light floor. I don't know. He did not do well with us changing the direction too quickly and would just keep on the same track till he realized something was different, but it was his first time "playing" with us and we had a ball! The bad news is Mama moved them last night and I hope I can find them this afternoon to take him to the vet. I think I will get a new litter pan and just keep them in when I find them. I need to find "sister" a home before she starts getting wild on us! Anybody need a kitty? She's cute!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #35  

Good Morning Bustin Buddies!!!

I'm feeling Sooooo much better today and so is Jake. The only issue left is that it will take a week for the excema all over his body to go away. I'm keeping the Arboone baby lotion all over him, and using the baby oil. It worked wonderes last time, so I'm hoping it will be gone by Nov 1st, when we get our family picture taken. His whole face is broken out. Poor lil bubbie.

Only have a minute. I've got to go hit the Y. Haven't been sinve Thursday and it's killing me!

BOB- Drink your water today! I find it very amusing that after forgetting your water for 3 days, you want to eat fish

Monet- Ironically enough, I have a Sam's club card and actually need to get some things on Friday, too. I'm out of diapers, and there's nowhere else cheaper Do you want to go with me after the DFM? I usually go to Clairmont, but it may be easier to go to Lawrenceville?

Cindy-Thanks. Jake is much better.

TECH- JAke is allergic to peanuts, too. And Wheat, Dairy, Soy,Tomatoes, Yeast, Baking Soday, Rye. I couldn't eat any of it while I was breastfeeding. It has been very difficult to get used to, and now that he's getting older it's so hard to deal with being around other people and their food. What am I going to do once he starts walking? I'm really overwhelmed by it. The DR tells me to buy these allergy tags that you pin on their back to list what not to feed them. I say it's easier to just maek a sticker that says "DON'T FEED ME".

Off to the Y!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #36  
Goddess

Default Good Wednesday morning!

Hello all!

Mmmmm, cool mornings here have prompted me to begin making one of my favorite breakfasts--hot oatmeal. I make it with milk, agave, cinnamon, and the last two mornings I've thrown in a handful of blueberries--YUM!!! Also very filling. With the agave and cinnamon it tastes like maple syrup and cinnamon.

I went to my spa last night for a complimentary peel. This morning my face is a little red and tight--we'll see how how it progresses over the next day or so. The treatment is usually about $125.00, but they wanted to introduce their clients to it so they had a "peel party."

Monet and Talitha--we'll have to look at Fridays over the next few months, I'd love to do the Dekalb Farmer's Market!

Thin--Hope you find the kitties! Mamma likes to move them around doesn't she?

Frog--We've all witnessed people being obnoxious about their kids--you aren't even close! Besides, we've all fallen in love with Miss Baby too!

Cindy--Thanks--I'm feeling better. I hope the training goes well. You know what they say. . . slow and steady!

BOB--Drinkie ye water! Fish will also wring the water out of your system--don't know why, but it will.

OK--I'm getting to work now. I'm on the road tomorrow and Friday, so probably no posts until Sat.

Have a good rest of the week!

Susan
Old 10-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie to let you know I'm alive. It has been nuts here. I've been out of the office most of the time and crazy busy when I'm here. Won't be here much more until Friday afternoon.

I quickly skimmed the posts. Glad everyone in Wilma's way is ok.

Hoping next week is back to normal.

Take care.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #38  

Just a quick post while I have time. I got out of work late and rushed home to get dinner started cause Im meeting DD at the gym for a step class at 5 and then I wont be home until 7 or later then who knows what time I will have before bedtime.
Today was a day off the training and tomorrow it starts again. I have to go in at 8am instead of 6:30 so that just means I get home later, bummer. But its only for 4 more days so I can handle that. Im such a early person and hope I can sleep in a little extra tomorrow. I was thinking maybe I could get up and do my exercises before work. I dont exercise in the mornings so that should be interesting to see if Im up to doing that. Ill see how I feel tomorrow when I get up.
Thats about all I can think of for now. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week !
Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #39  

Flying by. School today went pretty well. The head of school was giving a tour to a prospective student's mother today and brought her into the art room. They ended up staying for about 15 minutes. It just happened to be the first grade, which is one of my best classes. The kids really listened to what I was saying and all of them are working hard. Their work shows it. It is way beyond what a normal first grader would be doing and the mother was very impressed. Of course, its not me, just the curriculum, but the head of school seemed very pleased. Oh yeah!

My shoulder is aching really badly, and I am just wiped out today. My kitchen is a wreck and I just broke one of the five rules and ate a substantial snack. I think I will call it dinner and not eat anything else. Just drink! I may get in a walk tonight too. I went for one last Wednesday with my son and it was actually kind of fun.

Off to get some stuff done! I will be back later!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

This has to be quick- just flying by to let you guys know I'm still here. First time I've been on the computer in awhile. Just don't feel like getting on the thing after being on it all day at work. As far as my eating goes, it's basically the same story. I have good and bad days. My weight was in the lower 160's the last time I wrote, now it's back in the upper 160's(HUGE sigh). So, I'm back trying to get it back down. I'll try to catch up later, right now I need to give Boogie a bath and do some stuff before it gets too late!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 PM   #41  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Just a quickie to let y'all know I'm drinking my water! BUT...Had to leave work at 11 a.m. to go to the Doc about my leg. The swelling is not going down and my feet look like FRED FLINTSTONE'S!!! He has ordered a VENUS ULTRA SOUND. He's looking for a possible blood clot, but when he check my leg, there wasn't any sorness redness of any kind. Just a tightness that is unexplainable! IF he gets the results that he's hoping for, then I can go back to work..YUP..I'M HOME WITH MY LEG ELEVATED AND WILL BE LIKE THIS UNTIL HE DECIDES WHAT TO DO WITH ME! IF HE DOESN'T GET THE RESULTS HE'S LOOKING FOR....Then on Friday I have to have a CT PELVIS and he will be looking for anything that is causing the problem..right down to tumors etc...FINGERS CROSSED PPLEASED LADIES!!

I'll be checking in so don't think I've deserted y'all!

BOB
Old 10-26-2005, 09:54 PM   #42  

Evening everyone! I just got in from a 1.5 mile walk. That brings my step count up to about 12,400. I actually remembered to wear my pedometer today!

I skipped dinner tonight, after eating a substantial snack when I got in from school. I did not however, skip my wine. I am sipping my port now. James and Tom suggested that I henceforth only allow myself my Wednesday port if I have had a walk too. Sounds like a plan!

I was going to be carless tomorrow, but Tom found out that the part they need to fix his truck is no longer made! The shop is going to try and find either a substitute, or a kit, or a used one. So, I don't have to sit at home without transportation tomorrow. Yay!

I got two new shirts today from Avenue online. They were on sale for half price, plus I had a 20% off coupon. I like them. I think I am pretty well set for school clothes now.

Oh, and the bummer of the week? They accidently paid me for one week twice! So, they are docking my next paycheck to correct it. So this next paycheck will be half what it SHOULD be.

THIN: I sure hope you find those kitties! We had a mama cat who kept moving hers, and lost one each time. She started out with like seven, and ended up with two. It was pathetic. We adopted her, and got her spayed. She was an awful mother! No more kittens for her!

BOB: Goodness, what ARE we going to do with you? I hope and pray the leg is ok soon, and its nothing serious.

TALITHA: Thanks for the offer on Sam's. The admin from the church went and got me a box of the bags today, as I had emailed him last night, and he was going today anyway. You go to Sam's when its most convenient for you, ok? 10 am on Friday? I can't spend too much, as payday is not until Monday for me!

FROG: Congrats on the loss! With a child as precious as your daughter, you are entitled to gloat, and be as obnoxious as you want! We don't mind! I certainly don't! I LOVE kids. That is why I teach at this Christian school. I certainly don't do it for the $$!

Ok, I am off to knit some before bed. I am SO behind, I am not sure I will be able to catch up and finish everything by Christmas!

Sweet dreams!

Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #43  

Oh, Heartmom, its great to see you! I hope you can check in now and then. We miss you! How is the job going?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:21 PM   #44  

Yeah! I found the kittens! With the help of Buddy our dog! He knew just where they were, imagine that! I put them both in the carrier and we went to the vet. She says she has never seen anything like Muffin. She's not sure if she has eyeballs, but there does seem to be something dark in there. She also is not sure if he can see shadows or not as he does not run into walls, but may just be sensing when he gets near. No other health problems at all. So I guess we will try to make him happy. Her opinion is if he's eating and drinking well and seems happy, he probably is. I have them in the house now. Muffin was out exploring around the house this evening, got lost and started meowing. His sister called to him from their bed and helped him find his way. They are so cute! Now dh and kids want to keep her too! I don't want to end up like one of those cat ladies you see on TV!!

Well, I better head to bed now! Goodnight!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #45  

THIN: Two kittens, especially where they are litter mates and one is blind and the other is helping it, hardly makes you one of those sick individuals who have lots and lots of cats...like even SIX! ( Like ME!) Keep them both...its not hard to have two. No more difficult than one, and in the circumstances, the sister will be a great comfort and help to poor blind Muffin.

Night all!
Closed Thread