Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 1/31 - 2/6

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...736#post766736

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #2  

Good Morning! It's challenge time!

First, congratulations to all who achieved three or more days of exercise last week! It's great to see the posts in the exercise thread! Let's do it again! At least 3x this week, get in your exercise and post it!

How did everyone do on water last week? Remember to drink your water!

Did everyone get their Xs and Ox last week? Let's go for it again this week...stay on plan as many days as you can, and give yourself an X or an O in red on your calendar so you can see your progress.

Monday is Motivation Monday. Please share today something that motivates you. What is it that makes you continue when the going is hard, or the scale will not budge?

Ok, go out there and make this a great week!
Old 01-31-2005, 07:42 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

The ice storm is only a memory of small patches of snowy looking areas in the shade. The large limb of the maple in front of the house still hangs on the tree, broken. Yesterday's 50 degrees were a welcome way to clear the ice off the streets. Back to the real world. Tom has already left for work, and I am plotting what I need to do today. I handed out the three invitations for the Chinese New Year banquet last night at church. Now comes the planning and cleaning. I keep finding recipes I want to try. I better not forget to clean out the freezer!

Eating over the weekend was so so. I was not off plan, but just not very careful about starches and such. Weight this morning is holding and I would rather have seen it down a bit.

I am off to make the bed, get dressed and make some coffee! Will check in later.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 AM   #4  

CINDY: I just read your post from yesterday about the bagels...you are totally correct that the enriched flour is NOT legal. I found Thomas 100% whole wheat ones. They are ok, I think the sugars are 5g, but better than the others. The Sara Lee ones are whole wheat, but the sugars are so high in them! Too high and they are too soft! I like a chewy bagel, and the Thomas ones seemed more like that to me. Thomas also makes a 100% whole wheat English muffin that is really good, if you can find it.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning Ladies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful. Eating was 90% legal but like Teensy, the scale is rapidly increasing. I am up 10 lbs today from last Tuesday. Granted some of it I could understand, but 10 lbs? It's a little discouraging. But not to dispare, I am on a mission this week to reverse the situation.

Monet, I got my 5 x's for the week and my 3 exercises and my water (mostly). So I'm game for this week again.

Susan, thanks for posting some pics. We have been anxious to see them. You are looking beautiful and Ms. Belle too!

Bob, sorry your leg was bothering you. Hope you got it rested this weekend and it is better now.

Julia, so glad you felt like posting. we have missed you. Hate that you have been so sick. I hope it gets better each day. You will do fine with another baby. After one, there is no difference, two, three, Really, you will do great. And Jess will help out a lot I'm sure.

Cindy, I eat the Thomas WW bagels. I only eat 1/2 of one as it would count as 2 starches.

Toni, hoping you are back to normal today.

Monet, thanks for starting the boards. Glad your ice has melted away. I was thinking about you and Susan and Julia all weekend. I hate that stuff. Glad you didn't have anymore damage from the tree. I knew you could convince Tom to let you have the CNY. You are amazing.

Teensy, glad you decided to hang in there. I don't understand this either.

Got to get busy. Going to have my bagel and peanut butter. Had half a grapefruit earlier. Lunch will be egg salad on 1 piece of bread, pickle, orange. Dinner is a big chicken salad.

Be back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #6  

JACK: I hate that you and Teensy have joined the 'two steps back turtle club' with me. I am getting desparate. I am seriously considering going to a naturopathic doctor to see if herbs will help where the pharmaceutical companies have not. I understand how you feel finding a ten pound gain where you should not. I have gotten four of those 8 I gained off, but it has been slow and difficult. Right now, I am up 33 pounds from my low back in June. I hope working out four days a week at Curves helps. I don't want to give up, cause I am afraid of how much I would gain if I did not stick to the program!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:37 AM   #7  
Goddess

Default Good Monday Morning!

Morning everyone!

Finally some sunshine here--all the ice has melted so we are good to go.

Eating over the weekend stunk--no x's for me! Woke up this morning and made WW SF blueberry muffins--that will keep me in breakfast food for the week. I can take the muffins with me tomorrow and Thursday to have with my coffee before my class. I have to get there by 7am to get a parking space! So I go to the cefateria and have coffee and breakfast before my class.

Monet--Thanks for starting the board. Glad you ice has melted too. Y'all got far more than we did. When is the Chinease New Year? Your dinner sounds like fun!

Jackie--EEEK! So sorry to hear about the big jump--maybe it will jump back down as quickly. I've found sometimes that a big jump when I've been good goes away as quickly as it comes. Now when I haven't been good. . . that's another story entirely!

Will have some of my cheesy veggie soup for lunch and I think some baked chicken tonight.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone!! Happy Monday!! It's ten degrees outside!! ABOVE ZERO!! You know, after such frigid temps, it feels downright balmy!! The sun is shining and after lunch, I'll be taking Kyle for a walk to the bank and post office and probably to the store as well to get some well-needed fresh air. And I think it's also high time for a new snowman!!
:sman:

Anyhow...I did a very bad thing yesterday and had a filet-o-fish from McDonalds . We had to go to Syracuse and we only had a few bucks on which to feed the family and with the kids getting happy meals, I got the 2 fish sandwiches for $3 and split it with my husband. I just can't afford the salads at mcdonalds. So, after picking it appart, I guess the only illegal part of it was the bun and the breading (right?) and so, maybe it wasn't too terribly evil...but it is loaded with fat and calories...

But, no sense crying over it...just get back on the wagon again today, right? So, I've done my 20 mins on the airdyne and I've had for BF a half a grapefruit and only one poached egg on 7 grain bread. And coffee with splenda and half n half.

For lunch will be salad with chicken on top or a tuna sandwich. Hubby went to Albany for the week, so I think I'll have the salad and chicken for dinner.

I also had a slight gain. About two pounds. So, I've come up with a theory. You know over the course of evolution, our bodies have to deal with it's natural reflexes to do things for survival...like store fat when it gets cold so we survive the winter months. Right? So, is it possible that we're having problems losing weight because its cold? Maybe we'll all have breakthroughs on weight loss when it warms up? Just an idea. Wishful thinking actually...

Well, have to run...will do replies later on...

Kris
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 AM   #9  

Smile

TECH: I am SURE there is some truth to your theory. I have read that our metabolisms slow down in cold weather. Hypothyroid patients have a lower body temperature than normal...so it figures that when you are cold, you burn less calories. We will just have to wait for warmer weather to see if it helps!

FILLISE: Chinese New Year is February 9, and it is the year of the Rooster, 4703 according to what I found. The dinner will be fun. Right now, I am working on the menu and hoping and praying the six I invited will come. I want eight at the table, so if any of them can't, I will have to come up with an alternate. I am about to go to the Asian market again, to get a few items to use tonight, when I experiment with a few new recipes. Tom is going to love the working up to this...hehe.

Gotta go get some stuff done around here. Later!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #10  

Default Good Monday morning!

Hi everyone! I didn't get a chance to post over the weekend, but I did manage to get more exercise, drink my water, eating was pretty good too.
We went snowshoeing yesterday, which was lots of fun.
What keeps me motivated is not feeling crappy and looking terrible(like I used to). I feel so much better, I have more energy. I love going to the gym and getting the muscles going. I really think I need to increase my cardio again. I have time today, so will spend some extra time on something cardio later today.
We watched Miracle(the 1980 USA hockey team movie) which we have seen before and enjoyed. Also saw Woman of the Year for the first time(Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn), very funny, but subtly funny.
menu:
egg, bacon, cheese on homemade rye toast
orange
celery/carrots
apple
whole wheat mac and cheese for supper
and another snack not sure what yet....
and I'll hit the gym later on.

The gain weight in the cold theory makes sense to me too. It's always easier to lose weight when it's warmer(at least for me).
Back to work I go....

Barbara
Poughkeepsie, NY
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Hello everyone,
Hope y'all have a good week. I watched "Supersize Me" yesterday. That was an amazing film. And I guess that would be my motivational suggestion. Watch that film. I could not get over one of the extras on the DVD where they showed how long it took for various items from McDonalds and from a "real" restaurant to mold or go bad when put into a glass container and left for 2 months. The french fries did not change one bit!!! No mold, no breaking down of the potatoes, no nothing after 2 months. They looked like the day they were ordered! Yuck. Wonder what the fast food restaurant industry does to potatoes to change those French fries into a non-food item?

I got up and walked this morning and so far have 7182 steps. BTW, in the segment in "Supersize Me" that dealt with exercise, the man was wearing a Digi-Walker pedometer. I just ordered one for my DD for her birthday. $25 for the one that counts steps and distance.

I am trying this week to pay very careful attention to eating only when I am hungry. And I think I need to learn again what that feels like--to be hungry. I realize that I like the feel of food in my mouth. It is comforting. So I need to get off that treadmill of eating when I need comfort or some other emotional need met.

Jackie--Just hop on the wagon and eat healthily and you will start losing. Another thing I noticed in the film "SS Me" was the meal that the girlfriend fixed her BF right before he started on the month of fast food. It was all veggies--a lovely green bean and red pepper tart, a fresh green salad, some quinoa with veggies en casserole, and one other thing. It looked so yummy and healthy. I wish I someone to cook for me that would fix like that. I need to be Oprah to have something like that, (except when I go to France in May, where we will have a cook!!!!)

Monet--Good luck on you CNY dinner. If we lived close I'd come over and help you cook. I LOVE to cook Chinese food. As I mentioned, my DH and I took Chinese cooking lessons for several years. My favorite dish is a totally deboned but still whole chicken, stuffed with sticky rice and other stuff, baked and glazed with a soy/sugar glaze. It comes out the color of mohogany. I also have a good duck recipe that is baked--and not greasy at all--that you serve with small homemade buns on which you put little pieces of duck meat--and crispy skin!! Sort of like Peking duck, but in my estimation, better. I have tons of recipes, and we used to cook Chinese all the time, but not as much any more.

I have to quit and go study French. I get my test back tomorrow, I think. I have homework and have not even looked at my book all weekend. I also have a Bible class tonight. Too busy!! My DH is out of town for a couple of days. He went down to south Fla to play golf with one of his big clients. They do this golf thing every year, and every year it annoys me.

Have a great day. Pancho, I hope everyone is getting well in your family. Teensy--stay warm. And you too, tech.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #12  

Good afternoon all- Here it is Monday already. I don't feel I'm doing to good right now with SB. I sure haven't got my water in and I've had some cheats over the week end. We had some pre made barbequed ribs yeasterday that weren't legal and I made some pretty good stuffed mushrooms with them. Hope I can just keep on and get straightened out better this week. That hospital stuff has kind of threw me a bit. My DH wants me to wait one more week till I start back on the TM so guess I'll do that. B- peanut butter ww bagel. Haven't had lunch yet so don't know what it is. But dinner will be chicken breast and a salad.

Monet- thanks so much for starting the board today. Your chinese new year dinner sounds wonderful. I would be so excited at coming. I wish we could get the Thomas bagels here but as yet I haven't found them. I was so excited to find a ww bagel. Maybe someday.....

Jack-K- Hope the weight stuff turns in the right direction this week. I know what a downer that can be...

Fillise- Your pictures were great. You looked so pretty.

Techwife- Brrrr! To cold for me to walk. But have a good one and stay warm.

Woodfrogs- Wow snowshoeing. My DH used to do that allot when he was younger. Bet thats great exercise.

Gatorgal- good luck on your french test!!! I'll bet you do well.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:15 PM   #13  

Susan, looks like you are on track with your muffins made already. I need to make something like that except maybe with cinnamon. I don't like BB.

Monet, I haven't exercised since Wed so I don't know if that has anythign to do with it or not. Going to Curves 4 x is a good start for you.

Tech, don't beat yourself up about the fish. Count it as your breads for the day and go on. At least you didn't have FF. I like your theory, I just don't want to wait until it warms up to start losing.

Barbara, snowshwoing sounds like lots of exercise to mee. Congrats on a good weekend of eating and exercising.

Gator, I wish I could get over eating when I'm bored. It is slow here today and all I can think about is what I can eat and I'm not hungry. Got to see that movie.

Toni, don't worry about the TM right now. I think you probably need another week too. You will get back on track. Don't you just hate it when you are going along to well and something like that throws you off track.

Just thought I would check in. Things are really slow here today and I am thinking of food. I really enjoyed my egg salad at lunch. Need to go do some filing. Yuk!
Old 01-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #14  
Little Engine That Could

Jackie--I bet a lot of us eat from boredom, fatigue, depression or whatever emotion is our "favorite." If we could just not do that. All the thin people I know would NEVER eat when they are having an emotional letdown, or worry, or whatever. They do something else, and the emotions seem to turn off their hunger. So I guess that puts us in the category of "abusers." Horrors!! Do we abuse food? I guess so, if we are using it for another purpose than for what it is intended. If anyone has any good suggestions re. this, post it.
I guess I should go out for a walk when I want to eat even if I am not hungry. Just never felt like doing that. My worst time of day is about 4 pm. I could eat anything then.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:44 PM   #15  

Gator, I know this is trite and true, but they say if you know your rough time, then have things on hand (like veggies an dip, fruit) to keep you from eating the bad stuff. Yeah we all could go for a walk, do some exercise, but it boils down to we don't want to do that. Yes, we probably are abusers. I know food it too important to me. I need to find something to replace that focus.