Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-04-2004, 01:13 PM   #76  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon...

Just popping in to say howdy before things get too busy around here.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the birthday girls!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Monet!!!

Praying for all of ya'll in the path of the storm.

Heart..woo hoo on the new low!!!!

I hope I sneak on later this weekend, if not see ya'll Monday.

((((((((((Everybody)))))))))))

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #77  
Little Engine That Could

Happy birthday Fillise and Fruit.
Happy Anniversary Monet.

I actually got a walk in today. Between rain and wind squalls, my DH and I took about a 2 mile walk. It was HOT and humid. Eating is so so. I feel like I've been through the wringer waiting out this storm. We got everything battened down this morning and took in all the lawn chairs, etc. Same drill we did for Charley 3 weeks ago. This is getting tiresome and I feel like my life is on hold while we wait for Frances to get through Florida. Six miles an hour is S-l-ooooo-ww. That's like from my DH's office to our house, which takes about 15 min. For an hour of sustained winds, that's an eternity. Fortunately for Orlando, the storm is going more southerly, so we will miss the direct hit we had with Charley. Right now we are getting some squalls of rain and hard wind. About every 30 min. or so, we will have 5 to 10 minutes of very hard rain, and tremendous wind which makes the rain blow almost sideways. We are sitting in our living room and watching the trees across the street blow and blow, hoping we don't see any fall. We still have 2 laurel oaks in our side yard, and those are the variety of oak that tend to fall over in strong wind. So we are praying we won't have a tree on our house or over our pond again. The tree man never came to take them down, as we had asked him. I guess we'll have our new trees planted in the next several weeks.

So far we have not lost any electricity. Keep your fingers crossed. I don't think Debbie or BOB will have too much trouble because Frances is crossing north of Miami, and she will get the outer bands of the weaker side of the storm. Same for BOB, as the storm will cross north of her. We will have stronger winds and rain here because, once again, we will get more of that north-east quadrant of the circular storm. That's where the wind is the worst. Fortunately, we will not get the direct hit, and I'm hoping we won't get anything worse than 50 mph. Although my DH says it will be worse.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #78  

Just got in from dinner. It was divine. We had vegetable tempura, mixed yakitori (grilled on sticks), and a variety of sushi...including a crunchy shrimp roll and california rolls. We had mentioned to the waitress that it was our anniversary, and she told her mother who is one of the owners. So, for an anniversary present, they brought us cheesecake with french cream and raspberries on it. Oh, my gosh, it was to die for! So luscious! We ate it all. I especially enjoyed the sushi. We drank two large french presses of green tea too. They have the best green tea I have ever had. The tea room was empty but for us, and it was quiet and intimate. Much more to my liking than Pittypats Porch, which is very loud, and crowded. I think the food was better too...and I know the price was better!

So, I need to go photograph my pastel figure drawing and post it on my artists site for a critique. Will try and stop in later and see how things are going.

Am watching the hurricane news off and on....sure is moving slowly...but packing some powerful winds. Take care, GATOR, BOB, DEB, TRANQUIL....will be praying for you all...
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #79  

What?? No posts since 7 pm last night? Where is everyone??

Spoke with Tranquil earlier & she said they had lost electricity around noon & getting some winds & rain with the feeder bands coming into Jacksonville, but they are ok. She said she had talked to Deb earlier & it was all over in her area & was ok as well.

Still praying for Gator & a few other gals in that are in that area as well as BOB. Hope you all fair well.

Hope all are enjoying their weekend.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #80  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I was up until 5 a.m. this morning watching the hurricane do it's thing! While I didn't pull my big ole arse out of bed until 2 p.m. , the phone calles started at 8 a.m. with my Aunt calling from Tennessee to check on us and it rang on a regular basis until I finally had to get up!

Our winds here are around 50-60 mph with rain. We've lost power about 2-3 times in the last 1 1/2 hrs. We've been told in no certain terms are we to get out in cars, and I'm watching the local station and they are showing some IDIOT surfing out on LIDO KEY...The EYE is passing to the north of us now and we will get even more wind after that. Over on GATOR'S side, they are getting what our NEIGHBORS to THE SOUTH got two weeks ago by being on the WRONG SIDE OF THE STORM. I'm praying that she doesnt get much damage...I fear for her house this time.

Debbie called me and she had received a call that the roof on the apartment building that her Mom & Dad own was blown off and she was on her way down there....sorry...up there to check on the people. Her house is fine, and ELI has gone to work to open the store this afternoon. I'll keep y'all informed as I find out more.

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #81  

Good afternoon,

Wow, it is awfully quiet here Yesterday was a crazy day. A friend and her 4 year old dd came for a visit and that took most of day and energy. Today, we went to church in the morning, then grocery shopping and then home. I drove all the way

Early this morning, the phone rang and my FIL called to ask us to check where the hurricame was. He is in West Palm Beach and had been up all night. They have lost electricity at that time that was why he called to ask us where the hurricane was. He said all the trees in his yard were down (a lot of them are fruit trees) but the house is fine. The rain was dying down but the winds weren't. I can hear in his voice that he was exhausted since he hasn't sleep all night. I certainly wish they are here with us but am grateful they are fine. For those of you in Florida, Bob, Tranquil, Gator and Deb, stay safe!!

MONET : Glad you had a great anniversary dinner. Your Japanese dinner sounds divine. I love Japanese food

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #82  

Just got in from church and dinner. Tonight we went to The Loop, which is a pizza place. We got their burgers in low carb wraps. I did not ask for the ingredients...I did not care. James and Laura were home when we got here...they left yesterday morning for DragonCon downtown...the weirdo/geek convention. We had not heard from them since....

I spent a good bit of time this afternoon drawing. I am really enjoying getting back into it. Tonight, I think I got another recruit for the drawing group we are trying to start. Woo hoo! And one of the guys in the group thinks he has a lead on a life drawing studio, where you help pay for the model and can draw for several hours. Now if I can just create some saleable art, it will help pay for all my supplies!

Guess I will sign off and get ready for bed. I want to paint with my pastels some in the morning, while its quiet.

KENG: Good for you, doing all that driving! You will be an expert and liscensed in no time!

BOB: Hope you are ok! Thanks for the update on Deb.

GATOR: Thinking of you and praying for you....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #83  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

THANKS for the birthday wishes!!! I haven't been on the computer since the 2nd! I can't even believe that! HA! Well, I'm glad to see that my Florida pals are ok! Now we have to watch IVAN! I can't imagine what it will be like if y'all get that one too! I think I would move!!!!

Talk to you soon!
Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #84  

Good Monday morning and Happy Labor's Day!!

I did get to sleep in a little. Dd woke up around 8.45am so that was nice. I decided to make banana pancakes today and some scrambled eggs for a yummy start. Now dh and dd are playing "monster" with each other so I have some free time to myself. Nothing plan for today, just hanging out with dh and dd at home mostly. It is slightly windy and cloudy here. Today will be a good day to go out otherwise we will be stucked at home tomorrow and Wed. We are supposed to have lotsa rain (around 4 to 8 inches).

Not sure about the rest of the meals today but should be legal or at least mostly legal. Will be going out to take a walk shortly, need to walk my banana pancakes off...lol.

AS for FIL in West Palm Beach, he already has his electricity restored today. I am so impressed with that considering the damage that was extensive. He said that his neighbor's front porch was blown into his yard and we laughed about thanking his neighbor for the front porch...LOL. Well, I am glad he didn't lose his sense of humour

Some replies :

MONET : You are a women with lotsa different talents. I have no doubts that your arts will be sellable especially once you get to practice more

FRUIT : Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebrating yesterday and have a great Labor's Day!!

Alright, will check in later and Have a good Day everyone!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote