Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 01:11 PM   #166  
karen3000

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday!

We finally have a beautiful day here and it got me thinking about clothes to take on our trip to Myrtle Beach. I dug out some things I was wearing when I was doing a lot of walking 2 summers ago. Most of it fit! I've lost 13 lbs and was really glad to see that it was making a difference. So now I'm much more motivated, especially during the time left before our trip. It's time for me to really push the water and exercise and keep with the program. So, that's my pep talk to myself, down in writing for everyone to see.

I have learned, though, that I can't have the legal chocolate in the house. I was so excited to find it, but I won't be buying anymore until I have more control over these urges. It should be my TOM, but I'm not always regular. This may explain part of the reason I lost control, but I can't have that stuff around.

I'm sorry I don't respond more to each of you individually. I read everyone's post and intend to, but don't do a good job of it. It's so nice to have a community of caring people who don't bicker, like on some other boards! Everyone should be proud!

VIV - I especially wanted to make sure to say hello to you and tell you that we're thinking of you. It's so hard when you don't live close by to be able to help or watch over someone. I hope that you have a good support system, besides this board, to help you through the tough times.

Have a great day everyone!

Karen
207/194/?

Old 03-18-2001, 01:29 PM   #167  

Default Hi

Good afternoon to all

Ok I am confused and have a question. I want to try baking some of the stuff on the recipe board....what should I use as the sweetener???? I know that Deb likes the Agave nectar, but I have to order that online-right. And some use frutose- but some that I found was corn frutose. One package I was yesterday said it was made from corn but not from corn syrup....so is the legal? Maybe I just to forget baking??

I am getting ready to take some of the clothes out of my closet that I can't wear anymore. Cause they are TOOO big . What a great feeling. and a great motivator.

Hope all has a great day. Laurie
Old 03-18-2001, 01:36 PM   #168  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise-- The answer is EASY! If the Gators and UNC meet in the tournament, ALWAYS pull for the SEC team. It's a no-brainer. We ALWAYS want the SEC to look the best, and so even if another SEC team is an opponent in football (which half of them always are!!!) then you don't pull against the SEC team, unless they are playing your alma mater.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:55 PM   #169  

Default Hey Everyone

I just returned from Church and ate a little tuna for lunch. I'm off for that big half mile hike. Hopefully sometime during the end of the week I can extend that a little more. That's my goal.

It looks as though everyone had a great week and is doing well. Can't wait to start week 3 with you guys.

GATORGAL: Hope I didn't offend you with my football post, darling. I was just funny!!!

See ya'll later
StarChaser
Old 03-18-2001, 02:07 PM   #170  
Little Engine That Could

Star, I never knew about the "earthquake" game at Baton Rouge. That must have been something. We LOVE to go to the LSU game there. We spend a few days in NO. Usually we go with friends. We took a barge trip one year, going down the Miss. just a little ways and then back into the bayous. Don't, I repeat, don't ever take a barge trip. It was a boring 4 hours. Actually, it was not called a barge trip. It was called a bayou tour, but all we saw was barges going down the Miss.

We are pulling hard for Ole Miss (they beat us in the SEC Bball tourney!) and for Ky, and of course, for the Gators. The Rebels barely pulled out their game yesterday. It would be great to see an SEC team in the finals. We actually had 6, count 'em, six teams in the Big Dance, but Big Orange and I have been crying over Tennessee's and Georga's and Arkansas' loss in the first round. We want our guy's to WIN.

Fillese, Gainesville doesn't have an ordinance like that. If they have any similar ordinance, it would be to pull for Auburn in every game except when they play UF. We went to a number of games up there. It's a really pretty campus. Isn't that the one where they have the "Tiger Walk"? Is theat where the team walks through the crowd to get to the stadium? Sounds pretty neat. We never made it to downtown Auburn because we parked on the Interstate side of the campus. Walked almost to the little downtown, but never got to explore. Heard that it was a typical cute college town.

It's cool here today. Actually, I'm cold. It's overcast and looks chilly outside. The Winter Park art show is quite a large one in the south. It is tradition that even though March is normally beautiful, it is always poor weather on the weekend of that show.

All you exercisers--you go, girls!!
I have been doing poorly in that area. Unless yard work counts.

We have a get together tonight--our usual Sunday night group. And one family will be attending that often is not there. They usually bring the best "goodies." That's why I started taking salads. But I must confess that I am getting a little tired of salads, especially on a cold day. They just don' warm me up. Any suggestions?

Big Orange, how were the movies?

Debelli, will Eli get to go to some shows while he is in Las Vegas? That is my favorite part of that town. They shows are really good.

Well, gotta go. Might try to work on a shirtwaist dress I've been meaning to sew.

Take care, everyone.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:08 PM   #171  
VR

Good Morning... it's a beautiful day here in California!

Looking for SB strength going forward into a new week. I have really found it hard to stay on plan over the last
few weeks (maybe even a month). There were just so many changes going on in my life and they seem to make a good excuse not to follow this WOE.. (you know how we try to kid ourselves).. This glorius day reminds me that Spring is only a few days away and this is not how I want to go forward...

I really feel that in order to "refresh" the SB pioneer spirit, I need to make an effort to post at least once a day. The board in the past truly gave me the feeling of being a part of an effort to get healthy together.. So this is my promise to myself this week .. to stay tuned and stay active on the board.

Laurie: Have you thought of using Splenda for your baking?
Old 03-18-2001, 03:57 PM   #172  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GATOR: We have the VOL WALK in Knoxville. The team comes from their dorm down VOLUNTEER BLVD to NEYLAND STADIUM As a general rule, there are hardly any visiting fans in the crowd that gathers though. If they let you stand in the crowd with your GATOR GARB on, you were lucky~

I've watched the CONTENDER and NURSE BETTY so far.
The other two I am saving for tonight...AS USUAL, there is nothing worth watching listed!
The CONTENDER is WONDERFUL and might be one that I would buy to watch every now and then. Nurse Betty is funny, but I wouldn't watch it again.
I'll let you know about the others tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon. The clouds are moving in from the Gulf, and the rain is supposed to begin later on...HOPEFULLY, the forcast is correct and it will be a steady rain for two days....

Later GALS

BOB
SW FLA
Old 03-18-2001, 04:32 PM   #173  
Little Engine That Could

I've been to Neyland stadium the first year they changed back to grass (1994) and then again in 1996. Had a wonderful time. It's a great stadium, with a fabulous view of the river. It's a bear getting in to the stadium, though. Too many people in too few entrances. We didn't see the Vol Walk, but did go to the SEC museum that they have on campus, along with the 1/2 field indoor football practice field. Now that's fanatical. We were jealous!!! Great museum, BTW.

The Gators are stinking up the place and won't make it past this round in the NCAA. Temple will go instead
We're hoping that the Ole Miss team and the Ky wildcats can win theirs and at least two SEC teams will be represented. So far the big 10 have 3 teams still in the running.

Well, gotta go. We have a meeting and we leave one minute ago!

Here's a pix of me, a sad little gator.
Old 03-18-2001, 04:47 PM   #174  

Default An Experiment

I keep getting the email notifications everytime someone posts after me, and I'm trying to NOT get them. So I've edited my options in my profile. Will try again and see what happens after the next post. The box is unchecked below so that would make me think I won't get anything. Can anyone else think of something to be checked or unchecked?

Bye.
K
Old 03-18-2001, 05:14 PM   #175  
Goddess

Default Sunday afternoon

Meeting is over and everyone is gone--whew! I love entertaining, but also am happy when everyone leaves.

Gator Gal--well sorry about UF. Auburn is a beautiful town. Next time you are up you should walk around. We do have the Tiger Walk. It's pretty neat.

The scale is still moving down--another pound today. That makes four since last Monday. I want y'all to remember this, so that when it stalls you can remind me that it goes in spurts.

Susan

300/256/150
Old 03-18-2001, 05:44 PM   #176  

Default I'm Back!

Oh my Gosh! What a week with this computer! Somehow the whole hard drive crashed and I have been reformatting and loading hardware and software for days! Thank God for Gateway Tech Support!

I learned a lot about computers!

It was really tough staying OP without all you guys for support - I guess I did ok. I am still losing very very slowly though... oh well, better than gaining.

Barbie: sorry, didn't get your phone # til you called. i called you back today and left message with your OH. But, I have been on the phone with Tech support since!!!

Deb: finally tried the hummus recipe - yummi. Got a question.. in the Glucose Revolution it rates Kavli as really high GI - isn't that what you said to dip in the hummus - strange to be high as they are whole grain...

Everyone else: I have missed you all but have been playing with the computer for days now, so not real into writing now. Will write tomorrow. Love you all!

Annette
Old 03-18-2001, 06:05 PM   #177  

Hey Everyone

It's pretty day here. Went for my walk and I feel so so good.

Just wanted to put in another plug for excercise. EVERYTHING I have read says the key to losing and KEEPING the weight off is regular excercise. My philosophy is to just do SOMETHING for at least 30 minutes a day. So everyone get motivated and get out there and JUST DO IT

Have a great day everyone. See you tomorrow.

Anna
222/137/140
Old 03-18-2001, 06:37 PM   #178  

Can anyone say "pig out"??? I ate a lot today. All legal but, whoa! The shower was a success. The guest of honor called an hour before and said "I can't come over today (she thought she was coming to a stamping party) because my feet are too swollen." Yikes! We had to tell her to come over b/c we were throwing her a shower. It worked out fine. She got so many great things.

Great food! I only ate Triscuits but oh what I loaded on those triscuits! Crab and cream cheese, artichoke dip, hummus, mexican dip. I feel really full. And I must have eaten a pound of corned beef yesterday!! I don't dare step on the scale until WIW!!! I can feel the water I'm retaining from that salty corned beef. This was, without a doubt, the worst weekend I've had since January (concerning food). I can't wait for the discipline of going back to work, packing a lunch and planning what I'm eating. Uggggh.

I'm going to clean the house a bit (that should burn some calories!) and do some schoolwork before the Soparanos come on tonight.

I'll be back later to see what's happening!

Ashley

P.S. Hope and Quilter...stamping is soooo much fun. Let me know if you want some pointers on how to get started!! ) I know Quilter has seen my stamping web site but if you're interested Hope (or anyone else) it's http://stampcreations.homestead.com You can get some good examples of the versatility of what you can do with rubber stamps!!

Last edited by overcome; 03-18-2001 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:38 PM   #179  
Little Engine That Could

Default Ashley's URL

Ashley, I was curious about your web page. Your graphics here are so cute. Anyway, I did not find your page at stampcreations.homestead.com. It said there was no such site. I DID find Ashleys stamp page at http://homestead.com/stampcreations
It was a nice web site, but I could not maneuver to any of your pictures. Maybe I should have registered or something, but it would not let me do anything more than enter the first door. I then ended up at your site on geocities.com
Interesting, huh!
Old 03-18-2001, 10:18 PM   #180  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default I'm Pooped!

Hey Everyone!

I'm exhausted, our guests just left after a full day. I am really pooped and don't even have the energy to read the board tonight, so, tomorrow morning I will respond to you all Hope you understand, this old body just wants to give out right now!!

See you on the new board in the morning!!!

NITE

Debbie
194/135.5/129
Miami, FL
Closed Thread