Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU ALWAYS DO THE WEEKLY POST?
Yes 12 50.00%
Only if I like the question 1 4.17%
Just come on this board to do the poll, I don't post here 0 0%
I'm a lurker and do the poll when I lurk 3 12.50%
Yes, if I come on the board that week, sometimes I'm MIA for weeks 4 16.67%
Sometimes 1 4.17%
I'm new to this board, this is my first poll 2 8.33%
No, I don't do them 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:34 AM   #136  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

QUICKIE, on my way out to a few garage sales before I have to come home and take MICHAEL downtown for his film class.

LETTY, will look for the book later for you, have lots of sources. Looked at Ebay that COUNTRY suggested, the .99 cent one is not the same book, unfortunately. The other one is being sold from the UK, but still a good price.

Toodles!

Deb
Old 02-22-2003, 06:36 AM   #137  

Default Saturday Morning

I'm up early getting ready for Tutor Training. So I wanted to take a moment and wish you all a wonderful weekend. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that we all do well this weekend and stay away from the nasty stuff. If you've already made some unwise choices, don't let that ruin the entire weekend. You have plenty of time to salvage a happy weekend with no guilt on Monday morning.

Remember the taste is only temporary, but the damage can seem permanent!!! Hang in there, gang! We will make it!!!

Catch you later,
Kim
Old 02-22-2003, 08:42 AM   #138  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

Well up and about earlier than I planned, hound wanted up early...she said she did not feel like the day should be wasted...so we are up!

I am going to start cleaning "weekly" house matters, complete my application for refinancing the house, and then head out to the movies today....

I had so much salad yesterday, salad, salad and more salad! hahaha that is all I ate.....

My neck is easing up...hopefully by the end of the weekend I will not me Quasimoto anymore!

Deb - Good luck with your garage sales, hope you find something good....

Quilter - have fun at your class!!!!

BOB - I hope you got to sleep in like you wanted!!! Oh, I watched Possession, I thought it was too long and drawn out - could have been better.....I watched Mostly Martha, German- subtitled film, it was good (also a little drawn out)....tonight is the Banger Sisters......

Crystal - Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!

JackK - Congrats on your new weight loss too!

Renee - Welcome, I know exactly where you are - and you are surrounded by some very pretty places, especially in the autumn with the change of trees....

Meesh - Fast Food: I like Wendy's because they have good salads and they have their chili....Hope your hamburger lentil stew came out good!!

Well time to get started on the house before it gets too late...

Hope you all have a good OP day!!!

Sabrina
Old 02-22-2003, 11:00 AM   #139  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING BUDDIES!!!!

I'm up and about...slept till 9a.m. Wasnt Debbie to blame, IT WAS SKEETER!!!! He's used to having his breakfast at 7:30 every morning...You would think that he was starving and hadn't eaten in days~~~~ BUT...I'm very rested and ready to get started on my housework. Not going out and spend a dime today...made up my mind....Plan to work on my room today...I've got the rubber gloves and mask out and getting ready to dive in...I've got magazines and books EVERYWHERE!!! Don't know if I've read them or not...WISH ME LUCK!!!

Kim...Cathy and two of her friends came up to a women's conference at the Sheraton Fountain Square yesterday. I hope the roads were clear..She said to tell you that she's sorry she couldn't call you, but plans to see you in April when I come..

Jackie...hope you had a good time at your party...sounds like a good one!

SUSAN....I know you'll be watching the game today...Kate is all ready for it...

Sabrina...You'll like the BANGER SISTERS...it was good...I want to see Possession...couldn't get it last week..Road to Predition is coming soon...can't wait to see that one!

COUNTRY...I'm headed over to bid on that book...can't find in at the bookstores around here at all! Thanks for the heads up!

WELCOME TO ALL YOU NEW BUDDY'S.....

BOB
Old 02-22-2003, 11:34 AM   #140  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Montignac's Book

I see a few of you are looking to buy this book but not having much luck. I bought it a few months ago with no problem, but that may be because the book is published in Canada.

I ordered from amazon's Canadian site. I just checked and the book is still available there. I hope this link works: http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/sea...490572-5481152

If the link doesn't work, go to amazon.ca and do a search for "Eat yourself slim". There is also an Eat yourself slim cookbook. I don't know if you could order in the round about way thru the Canadian site and have it delivered to the States. The book is $16.11 in Canadian dollars. Plus delivery. I don't know how it works on the American side of the boarder, but there might also be duty to pay too.

It is a good book and I'm slowly working my way thru it.

Also, I don't know if this is true where you all live, but I used to work in a library and if our branch didn't have a particular book a person wanted, we would try to get it from another branch in the system. If that failed we'd do a search for the book all over Canada. Maybe your library could try to interlibrary loan the book.

Just my 2 cents on the topic. Have a good weekend all.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:53 AM   #141  

Hi Everyone - (dd here again for Yellow Rose who is dictating this response).
I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. They were much appreciated. I am still having to take a lot of pain medication, so I am kind of in and out of it, but dd and dh have been great with waiting on me and keeping me well fed (OP of course).
When I saw my GYN the morning before surgery she lowered my dose of HRT by 1/3 which I absolutely could not believe....poor timing I'd say! So I am adjusting to that also.
I'm feeling well enough (I think) for dd and I to go for a VERY short stroll - I'm getting a little stir crazy in the house.
I hope we hear from Solshine soon.
DD and DH are going shopping and will be looking for the Shelton Chicken Pot Pie - wish them luck.
Bye for now
Old 02-22-2003, 12:13 PM   #142  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Just got home from dropping Michael off at film class. Didn't have to kill time today at my Mom's house as I usually do because after he goes to film class he'll be volunteer ushering at the Miami Film Festival until 6pm, then I have to head back downtown to pick him up, so I have a few hours. Going to take Lauren at 1pm to go see Chicago.

Spoke to SOLSHINE this morning, she's feeling dopey, but it's from the pain meds, not that she's feeling dopey for the **** of it. She's back to work on Monday and not looking forward to it. Foot is healing but still painful. VINCE is playing nursemaid and as I understand he's taking his job seriously. She hopes to get on the board soon, at which time she'll give you all the details of what's going on with her.

BOB, see, no call and you still got up early! Better luck tomorrow! The day you need to sleep in, you should have Kate make Skeeters breakfast. I'd offer to cook for him, but.... What book you be bidding on????

RENEE, don't worry, a few times on the board and you'll feel like it's old school. So you aren't far from Rochester. I love upstate NY, you all have the best garage sales up there. One year I bought so much stuff I almost had to have the kids sit up on the roof of the van and hold on to the luggage rack! My entire family is from there (I'm a native Floridian). Don't worry about natural occuring sugars, as long as you don't see any added, that's what's most important.

QUILTER, in his program, there are no brakes, unfortuntely. Still have a revolving door, his friend Alex came home with us yesterday and tonight after a party Michael has, he wants Alex and his friends Sly (yes, her real name) and Lizzie to come home and watch a movie. Not really happy about this because he was suppose to clean up his room before anyone came over. He gets away with murder! Dust bunnies-no, these were dust dragons!! It was gross!!!!!

LETTY, I would first try to see if you can get the book from your library system, but if not, don't worry, if you aren't in a real hurry, you'll find it on Ebay at a decent price, eventually, but if you are in a hurry, as you've seen, for some odd reason, they are highly price. I sure wouldn't pay that ridiculous price that I see. Read ZANNE'S post and my reply to her below.

TRANQUIL, nothing in the way of garage sales today, I think I spent not even $3.00 today. Oh well. Will give you a buzz later!

ZANNE, I go to the CA's site for Amazon sometimes-you must of been reading my mind. The books can be cheaper when the dollars are converted. This would be a little over $10 in USD, plus the shipping, which, if I remember correctly, isn't too bad, and we don't have duty here to pay. I don't know about other states with their libraries, but here, ours is so big that they just order it from another branch.

ROSIE, tell DM that we are all thinking of her. Her and SOLSHINE can be druggies together-they both seem to be dopey, but with good reason Hope you get in your stroll and get out of your cabin fever. Good luck with finding the SHELTONS, that's what I'm going to have for lunch in a few. Remember, if you are going to WHOLE FOODS, check both the freezer area and where they carry their frozen meats, which is where they carry them in my area, not in the regular frozen food section. I like the chicken a lot more than the turkey. No need to get the organic, the other one is the one you want. Feel better!!!!!!! THANKS DD for doing a great job in more ways than one!!!!

Going to go get something to eat before we go to the movie. Will check in later today at some point.

Toodles

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 02-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #143  

I couldn't stand it...just got back from BLOCKBUSTER'S

Here's your line up for this weekend

SLAUGHTER RULE
THE GOOD GIRL
RULES OF ATTRACTION
HARRISON'S FLOWERS
CITY BY THE SEA
POSSESSION

i'LL LET Y'ALL KNOW

BOB
Old 02-22-2003, 06:21 PM   #144  

Default Hello

Hi All:

The weather has been AWFUL - hot and stormy - I could hear the trees knocking up against the house, scary!!!!! My gates were blown shut and there is debris all over my yard....

BOB - I liked the Banger Sisters! Glad I rented it...I have a big credit at Blockbuster because they had some problem with checking my movies in and charging me late fees I am set to rent some more - cannot wait to see Road to Perdition, never saw it in the theater....Love Tom Hanks....

Deb - Good talking to you and sorry to hear your garage sale shopping was not too successful....finally decided on what I am having for dinner....can you guess? SALAD!!! hahahaha

Yellow - Glad to hear you are up and about some, enjoy the painkillers as much as you can!!! I too am going to start looking for the Shelton Pot Pies!!!!!!!

Solshine - Hope you are doing better and not in too much discomfort!!!!!

Zanne - (Nothing to do with woe) Do you have a LUSH Store near you? They sell the best bath stuff, but sadly we don't have one hear - the only one in America is one that just opened in San Francisco and that is just too far away to enjoy

Well, I better get going....have to take care of my critters. DS is away at his dad's, so I am alone with 2 hungry cats, 1 hungry hound, and 2 very hungry chattering guinea pigs....

Sabrina
Old 02-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #145  

Default Oh I forgot

Bob - I also saw Good Girl today - forgot - even though it was a depressing situation, I kind of liked it....how about you? Good day for movies!!!!!! Is your weather messy too?

BKM - I am sorry but I missed your post and did not get a chance to say Hi and Glad to see you post - and with good news of things moving along in your life to an even keel....That is great about your losing more weight, and I bet feeling so much better about it all too....keep up the good work, even if it is not all related to SB's!!!

Sabrina
Old 02-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #146  

Hello everyone,
Just want to let everyone know that I am alive and kicking. I have been dealing with alot of personal stuff. I have been hanging in there I did gain a little but I am doing better now. Well I have to go I will try to post again later.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:43 PM   #147  

OK...Maybe I'm just a big ole DA girl, but I didn't see a post from BKM.....WHERE IS IT????

BOB
Old 02-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #148  

Default Happy Sunday

Bob - BKM wrote a post last week - I never did reply - I am not sure what day it was....

Trying to be really good - want to eat! I have been watching movies, doing things around the house, playing computer games, etc. - kind of boring...going to get out of the house and take the dog for a walk at the park this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a good weekend
Sabrina
Old 02-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #149  

Default Sunday Afternoon

Hey, guys!!! What's shaking???? I have been a big slug today. Taught the class yesterday and it went well. But boy, was I pooped out by the time 5 o'clock came. Paul came to pick me up and took me to my most favorite restaurant. It was such fun. It's a romantic place to spend sometime together. I always feel like we are in an urban neighborhood of NYC. Anyway, I ate more than normal, but brough a sizeable amount home. Then today I did an extra 11 minutes on the TM to make up for that little food fest.

Did get on the scale this morning and was down a half pound. So I feel like I did okay yesterday.

Well, not much new to talk about. Catch you all later,

Kim
Old 02-23-2003, 07:56 PM   #150  
Goddess

Hey all--I don't know how many folks will see this on Sunday night--but wanted to pop in and say that I'm still alive!

Birmingham was hectic--and we kept having to drive in awful storms, but we got there, did what we had to do, and got home safely! Today has been busy with church duties.

Deb--So sorry I missed you call yesterday! Chicago is great isn't it? I bought the CD and have been playing it around the house!

OK--I'm going down for the night. I hope to get back to replying to everyone on tomorrow's new board!

Nighty nighty nite!

Susan
Closed Thread