Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 12 27.91%
Very confident 13 30.23%
Somewhat confident 3 6.98%
A bit confident 5 11.63%
Not so confident 4 9.30%
Not confident 2 4.65%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 2 4.65%
Other/No Opinion 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #196  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Just a quickie to let you all know I haven't up and died on you, just busy these past 2 days. I'm hoping to have some free time tomorrow morning after my walk to catch up and make a mega post. I haven't even had a minute to read any of the posts from the past 2 days-I feel so out of whack!!!

I'm off to bed-pooped from being up extremely early, running to garage sales and pressure cleaning the front of the house-another chapter in "WHO NEEDS A MAN!!!!"

BOB, OLD GAL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!

Hope all is well with everyone

NITE!

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-20-2002, 10:09 PM   #197  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB is back from dinner out with the family...went to JOHNNY LEVEROCKS...for SHRIMP!!!!
Went to the mall today to buy a sweeper for my Nephew and his
Intended.... AND WHILE I WAS THERE
I found some really good bargains...$165 Italian leather purse for $49...$75 Italian leather wallet for $23....TWO bottles of perfume
one originally $65 for $19.99 and the other originally $54 for
$17....travel case for my jewelery with removable tray $10
Pretty good haul, and couldhave gotten more, but I had to get home and get ready for dinner. THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW!!!!

DEBBIE CALLED ME TODAY and wanted me to let you all know that she's ok...but hasn't had a chance to get on the board for the last two days. She found a $2 scanner today for her computer at a yard sale and Michael was downloading something for it that is taking 7hrs!! She will be back on the board just as soon as she can.

TONI...I have that book and absolutely love it. It is a WEALTH of information..

LYN...where in NC are you ? Hope you can join us at the beach.

FRUIT...got that email...of course I had to change it just a little before I sent it on... I loved it...and I'm sure that all the TENNESSEE FANS that I sent it on to will love it too! Can you guess who I changed TULANE to? You in the SWAMP????? NEY YOU SAY!!!!

GATOR...go ahead and put your song on the board...I'm waiting to see it....I can only imagine what it says!!

SUSAN...This old FART just loves being
27!!! I had all the college aged boys checking me out today at the mall!!
Hope you figure out what the problem is...I bet it's something you ate...you know...us older women ....our systems change at the drop of a hat...
You can bet on your Aunt blessing that precious baby for the whole 24 hrs before he was born..The Lord works on his own schedule...and it's his way or the highway...

GRACIOUS...I'm just an old fashion gal with old fashioned ways and beliefs...I have people who work in my office who have NEVER been to church, and neither has their children...I was raised in one and truley FEAR GOD...and just can't believe it when people say they don't!!!

KIMMY...think you could run out and have a CONEY in my honor? BKM's got me wanting one BAD!!!!

BKM...Guess what I found today????? SCOTTY BEANIE!!!
I went into the store at the mall where they sell them and just looking, I didn't see any of them. The owner just happened to be there (she lives in Ocala) and said they have some up there at that store and she would be glad to send it down. I asked her how much $$$ and was prepared to pay around $20 and no more..she said or I've marked them down from $24.95 to $6.99 In the meantime, the girl there at the local store found one and told the owner that they were selling them for $9.99...the owner said to let me have it for $6.99...I thank her and handed the girl my check card...didn't realize until I got home that she charged me....$5.99
Hello to your clan...be sure and tell Sarah that I found what I was looking for...

FROGGIE...Glad you checked in..Your house will be BEAUTIOUS when you're done...Even the animals won't recognize it!!!!
Hope you're feeling better...nothing worse than the dumps!!!

SEF...thanks...I've passed that right on up to my family in SC...

MEL...Glad you're back on track...keep it up...

Well, I'm off to lurk in other places...

THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES....You all are the BESTUS!!!

BOB
Old 04-20-2002, 10:13 PM   #198  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DANGIT DEBBIE....WE WERE POSTING AT THE SAME TIME>>>>
Old 04-20-2002, 11:11 PM   #199  
Little Engine That Could

Sheann--My heart goes out to you as I know you are terribly worried. I'll keep you and your son in my prayers.

Fruit--Gainesville is a typical university town. The university IS the town. The hotel that is the easiest to get to everything, where you won't even have to drive to the stadium, right across the street from the university is the Holiday Inn on University Ave. and 13th St. You won't have to worry about parking staying there. There are all the other major motels in Gainesville, most of them out by the interstate, and from which you will need to drive and find a parking place for the game. Comfort Inn, Hampton, and all the regulars. There are also some B & B's in Gainesville: Sweetwater Inn on E. University Ave. and a new one which is very nice, The Laurel Oak Inn on SW 7th St. It is right next door to the B& B where we always stay. You'll need to drive to the game, but you can walk to all the best restaurants downtown.
I would suggest reserving a place ASAP. Normally people book a room a year early. Let me know if none of the ones I mentioned work out and I'll give you more names. There's a Marriott, a Sheraton, and a good number of others in town.
From NO to Gainesville should take 10 hours at most. I'm guessing here, because it's been a couple of years since we drove to NO, and that was from Orlando. We stopped a little less than 2 hours from NO to spend the night, but I think we stopped early. So, I'm guessing 10 hours. From Orlando to Gainesville, door to door is exactly 2 hours.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:29 PM   #200  
Goddess

Red face Evening All!

Hey!

It's been a busy day here. My Sr. Highs at church are having a spaghetti luncheon and silent auction tomorrow to reaise money for their summer youth conference. We feed more than 200 people. We cooked the pasta today and went shopping tonight (that would be Wally World, sef) for the sauce fixins. I have to be there at 8:00 tomorrow to start on the sauce. I've got some old newspapers clippings from WWII of my grandmother cooking spaghetti for her church fundraisers. I like to think of this annual event as a way of honoring her.

BOB--sounds like you had a great day! You 27 year olds sure know how to party!

Heartmom--Happy Birthday!!!!

Sheann--I am keeping your son in my prayers. I hope the appt. is frutiful on Tuesday! Let us know.

Missy--sorry, of course you are an LSU fan!

Attention: Ok so which one of you is the Miss State fan??????? I know there's one here somewhere!

Sef--HA!HA! I was borned in SC! I'm fixin to go to bed in a few mintues. I'd love to wake up to some biscuits and gravy--but that's a no non on SB. In fact, I have been to Mullens SC--have been stuck in traffic there. The only thing you forgot to mention was that the family renunion is a week at Myrtle Beach!

Yellowrose--where in NC are you! I love just about anywhere in that state. Well exceptin for one place. Anybody where want to venture a guess as to the one city in NC I don't cottin to?

OK--got to put the old folks to bed (that includes me).

nighty night everyone!

Susan
300/230/150
Old 04-21-2002, 07:40 AM   #201  
Bustin' Buddy

Good morning!

I'm up another pound today - but it's a brand new day! My Friday night splurge took 2 days to kick in I guess! The DUNGEON MASTER called me yesterday and gave me a good pep talk! Now - I've got my head on straight and I'm gonna quit screwing around!

DEB: Thanks for the call! It was wonderful to finally talk to you! Funny how we have "known" each other for 2 years now and we have just spoken for the first time!! All that you said really opened my eyes - THANKS! I really needed it!

GATOR: Thanks for the information - I'm gonna get on it and I'll let you know our plans!

BOB: Glad you had a good day

Well, let me run!

Missy
Old 04-21-2002, 07:44 AM   #202  
super mom

I have a bruised butt!!! I am so sore after yesterday's horseback riding episode. It was a great day for the Boy Scouts but for me and the other adult … We had beautiful weather and the thunderstorms stayed away. I actually got really nervous before we went out. The group that went out before had a problem – one of the hoses got spooked by a train and threw one of the riders off. I didn't want that to happen to me but I was more concerned with it happening to one of the boys. They all did so well. Only one of them had ever ridden before and the owner said she has never had such a good group of first timers before. The boys asked all the way home when we could go again. Ugh!!!! Maybe I could talk them into waiting till Mr. Pooch gets back so he can go.

I turned my AC back off and opened my windows this morning. It smells so good in the house now. We are only supposed to hit 63 today which is quite the change from the high 80's and low 90's we've been having,

Kimmythekid – I like Point of Grace too. I usually buy the WOW CD sets.

Sef – loved the SC stuff – my first 2 kids were born there but most of the one liners could be said about Michigan too J

Yikes – just looked at the time and need to run. Have to get everyone up and ready for church

TTFN
Denise
Old 04-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #203  

Hi,

I am going to be wild and crazy and try typing directly into this little message box rather than in MS Word. I think, I may be living on the edge. I have finally caught up with my reading, can you tell that I am feeling sassy?

BOB and Fillise: I am in the mountains here in NC. Our place is in Balsam Grove which is about 9 miles up Hwy 215 North from Rosman which is 9 miles southwest of Brevard. I am actually looking for a ride to the Oct. meeting, so, if anyone is passing near me, I would love to know. I could meet in Hendersonville NC, Asheville, NC or even Greenville, SC.

Sef: Thank you for the update on Quilter. It sounds like she is indeed a busy girl. Please tell her I miss her and waiting to hear about her adventures.

Sheann: I am so happy to be caught up on the reading. I am holding good thoughts about your son's Tuesday appointment.

Well, off to start planting.

Last edited by YellowRose; 04-21-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:39 AM   #204  

Good Sunday morning everyone. Its a beautiful but humid day here in the Ozarks. Its clouding over so we may get some more rain. I just made sausage and eggs for breakfast, one of my favorites and I've been saving it to have on a Sunday morning. Its the second time its made me sick. So guess its no longer my favorite and I'm not eating it anymore. Goody!! One last thing I need to worry about in the food dept. I didn't walk this morning so will try to get that in this evening or later today.

Yellowrose- You are living on the edge typing in that box directly. some times that makes me crazy!!! I'll bet where you live is beautiful. I would love to see NC. Wish someone was going to the vacation from Missouri. Hope you got lots of planting done....

Pooch-I'm laughing so hard. I'll bet you are SORE. Your ride sounds wonderful! I live in a mobile and can't open the windows good enough to do any good and I'd love to do that. I just hate the air going all the time. But its sure been hot and humid here.

Fruit-Put tape on the scales so you can't look at those numbers everyday!!!! Here it is beautiful Sunday and a day to do great on SB.....

Fillise-Oh what a great way to honor your Grandmother. I'll bet she'd be pleased as punch!! Wow what allot of work. How are you feeling?

Gatorgal- How ya doing?

Bob- Oh my gosh gal do you know how to find the bargains!!! What kind of perfume?

Debilli- Sure miss your post....

Sheann-I'm praying for your son. You're a brave Mama, I can't even imagine how frightened you must be. I'm sure you'll get that water off. So hang in there gal....

Kimmythekid-Hope you're resting up for that new job! Hows your SD doing?

Gracious-Ah the cat would have been perfect.... LOL... but sounds like your DH acted like mine would. We have 3 dogs and two cats. We did have chickens but got rid of them.... I would love to have some pet ducks. Oh my gosh those chips sound wonderful. I would love to find those for a family gathering. I'll bet the ladies did have fun with the Captain Underpants.

Guess I'd better run for now. Think I'll have an extra cup of coffee so I can talk my DH to death today. LOL..... He's not a morning person and I am so I'm doing a pretty good job already.... Have a great day....

213/196/130
Old 04-21-2002, 11:07 AM   #205  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Morning All

FINALLY, I'm getting on here and having time to post. I don't know where the time goes sometimes and I find myself having no time to even sit down at the computer to get in a post-thank goodness these kinds of days aren't too often.

Got in my walk/jog this morning doing 4.5 miles. Time wasn't great, 48 minutes, but better than not going out at all. Was able to get in 6 days this week, which I'm happy about. I know I have to find SOMETHING else to do besides walking/jogging and have thought about taking either a spinning class or weight training at the school-sorta leaning on the later though.

Eli is off today, but not home. He went to do the AIDS WALK down on Miami Beach with other SB people. Hope he took water with him, it's hot out there. Next week we have XMAS IN APRIL which is something we did last year and painted a school. I think we are painting more of the same school this year-always something. Anyhow, not sure what time he's due back home so not sure of the plans for today.

Went to some garage sales yesterday, not that many around for some reason-it was a beautiful day to have them too. Didn't get much, just a few things. Michael got a scanner for $2 and if it works, it will be a great deal, otherwise, $2 down the drain.

Friday's eating was AWFUL and I can't say why, but I can tell you it was ugly. Don't know what happened to me, but I was totally back on track yesterday and feeling great. Scale is at the top of my cushion and THAT I am not too happy about

I did have all good intentions of posting on Friday and actually started the post below:

Good Friday Afternoon!!!

Can't believe it's already afternoon, and the way I'm going today, I won't be surprised if I it takes me til evening to get this done and posted!!!!

This morning I got in 3.5 miles Was happy since I thought of a few excuses, but out I went! As long as the weather is good on Sunday, I'll get in my 6 days this week, which I haven't done in a while.

Michael sorta pissed me off this morning-called and told ELI he needed me to bring a paper that he left to school. His room is a distaster, so I took ALL the papers on his floor (good place from them) and was almost at the school (which isn't around the corner) and he calls to ask me if I'm bringing the book!!! What book????? Had to run home, find this math book under all the crap in his room and go back-he owes me big time! Going to tell him if he doesn't clean up that room I will and he won't be happy if I do

Had to run some other errands afterwards, including going to my sisters house and just got home. I'm pooped already!!!!

ELI got home last night safe and sound. I had to circle the airport 10 times before I found him, what a pain. We didn't get home til after 11pm and didn't get to sleep until after midnight, at least I didnt', he stayed up for a while as I fell asleep. They gave him a gorgeous leather jacket for being Mgr. of the Qtr and pampered them all silly. Said the weather there sucked though. Next year it's suppose to be in Vegas-that, he'll like!!!!

Scale is up today, to 124. This morning eating sucked, had a sweet tooth. Kept it legal but once again, too much. Tomorrow should be better since I'm out all morning at garage sales.

Okay, I better get to the replies, I feel I'm going to be here at the computer for a VERY long time!!!

GATOR, can't say I've ever had a problem with potlucks since I'm not a church goer, and I can't imagine YOU having trouble with that anyhow. Whatever you decide to make to bring, just make sure it's
SB LEGAL, at least you know you'll enjoy what you've made and will know it's OP for you. I'm sure with being the great cook you this shouldn't be a problem and I'm sure everyone would love what you've made! Geez, the salmon you made sounds wonderful! Everyone says the salmon is fresh and only once have I had it where it doesn't stink up the house for days. When I smell it at the store it doesn't smell fishy at all-but when it's cooked-yuck!

NANCE, hey girlfriend, trust me, ELI is trying his hardest to get me to be a coffee lover. Give me chocolate covered coffee beans, coffee ice cream, candy with coffee nibs in them, anything like that-but coffee, just not crazy about it. Anyhow, everyone is happy that we don't drink it at home, they are all standing in line for the coffee ELI brings home each week. Hey, I did hear you when you mentioned chopping off your hair-but how short could it be? It was short when I saw you!!!

JACKK, thanks for explaining BUNCO-sounds like a fun game and one we could play in NC in OCT.

TV, WELCOME BACK!!! We've missed you! So glad to hear all went well with the surgery and you recovered well. Happy belated bday-can't wait to see pics from the new present your received! I wish I could give you some good words on the situation with your MOM, but not ever having been in the position, I can't. I do know my friend NANCY went through the exact same thing you are going through though when her Mom decided to remarry another man they all MR. PETE-, it was very hard for the entire family. If you would like to "talk" to someone I'm sure she'd give you some of her insight of how things were handled within her family-just let me know. No new records to tell you about, just trying to maintain right now-how've the scales been for you since the surgery??? I know your eating wasn't OP, but I'm sure you didn't have to break out the double wide wagon seat to get back on track!!! I loved the "song" you wrote for BOB-I've missed that wonderful wit of yours! Hey, can you come up with a snappy name for those of us who are going to be doing the WDW MARATHON in Janaury?

HEART, CONGRATS on the 2lb loss you had the other day I hope you are enjoying today and have a great day with the BIRTHDAY BOY-I wish you both a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What are your plans for your bday day tomorrow? Your sqaush sounds yummy that you made!

TRANQUIL, first, let me say how I loved seeing your picture on the PHOTO ALBUM BOARD-thanks for posting it, as you KNOW just how nice it is to put a name and a face together. You're adorable and it's killing me to come up with who you look like as I find your face vaguely familiar and know you remind me of SOMEONE! Will have to rack my brains to come up with my answer. SB ICE CREAM-ick, too much junk in it-I'd rather go for the BREYERS, it's all natural! If you have a low-carb store in your area call and see if they have the Carbolite Soft Serve-otherwise, you'll just have to come down to Miami

ROSALIE, glad you liked the Lebanese recipe site-I know I have more sites that are good if I could weed through my FAVORITES files and find them. The broad beans aka FAVA BEANS, which are actually high on the GI I had found out long ago. There are 2 types, the big green ones and the smaller brown ones. In the middle eastern stores they are call FOUL, or spelled something like that, but pronounced FOOL. How'd the dish you make come out???

BETH, glad to hear your first day at work was good. Surprised they started you at the end of the week and not on a Monday. What are your hours going to be??? I'm sure you'll plan your WOE to work right in with your job without a problem. Planning makes all the difference in the world. How's your SD doing? What's the latest word?

MONET, I don't know how the heck you could NOT put on your a/c! We rarely ever turn ours off down here, even this winter it was on most of the days. Your DD's dress sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see pics after the special day of all your handiworks!!! Maybe it was a good thing Mom and I never found BREWSTERS, sounds like I wouldn't of been able to chose the SF over the regular ice cream either.

SEF, how'd the cake you make come out??? I liked your insight about remarrying.

FRUIT, good talking to you yesterday!!! You know I'm hear for you girl! CONGRATS on the new upcoming feather child. Please, just try not to breastfeed it-OUCH!

GRACIOUS, sounds like the shower went without a hitch and the ladies liked their new names. I'm sure that must of been a hoot! Wonder how many of them will refer to each other in the future by those new names! LOL!!

SOL, got your envelope, no picture eh, well can't you see THE LOOK as I'm posting this to you????????? Will get in touch with you to "chat"-you'll hear THE LOOK through the phone when I call you. Ummm, to answer your question, I haven't signed up as of yet, but I will. I think I will put the same time as you have when I do.

SHMILY, sorry Madison is keeping you up at night-you KNOW they grow out of that, hopefully! Would you believe, the bank that I go to is now open 7 days a week! They have not only drive thru hours but lobby hours as well. Like today, they're open from 11am-4pm, they open early and stay open late on weekdays, even later on Friday nights, I think til 8pm and longer hours on Saturday! I wonder how long this will last. Too bad you weren't on the board just a few weeks ago, we drove right near you on the way home!!!!

MEL, don't do windows, or a/c's!!! Hey, we really aren't use to the 90's down here. It's not often that we get over 90 degrees, even in the summer, due to the breezes off the waters-you are definitely going to have more of a heat wave up north than we ever get down here. Time to come back for another visit!!!

POOCH, glad to hear you are feeling better. CONGRATS to your DD for her getting into that class! I know how you feel with now having both kids going to the magnet school next year. And my word, sounds like you have a little Einstein on your hands with your 2nd grader! Sounds like every one of your kids are doing great in school! I'm sure your DH was thrilled to hear this news. I'm sure you'll meet that goal before DH comes back-he's not going to recognize you!!! Thanks for posting those tips, found a few good ones, esp. #17!

FILLISE, CONGRATS on being down another 2lbs and hitting a new milestone!!! WOO HOO!!! What great news to hear. You like the heat so much that I'm willing to send you some more from down here!!! What's with this rash? Hope all those drugs they gave you have helped you find some relief.

VES, CONGRATS girl! Finally, the scale moved downward for you-see, as I always say, patience pays off! So, what did you decide about the dog? Saw the pots you have on EBAY, they are both beautiful. I am awaiting to see one of your teapots!! Would really LOVE to have you make me one of those butter bells one day Hey, I'm willing to pay!!!

TRISH, sorry to hear you're having car trouble AND TV trouble! I've never seen this show you all talk about-guess that's the price I have to pay for not having cable. Kids think they are deprived without it-too bad! PLEASE let us know if you are going to be able to come with DH to Orlando-we'd be due around JULY for another get together up there, at least I would! Keep us informed.

ROSE, hope you are having good weather up in NC and enjoying yourself. Thanks for letting us know about the SF buns-though I have never even seen those offered down this way, I'll continue to watch for them in the future. Hmmm, apple sauce. I was reading a cookbook that had an interesting way to use some-will have to remember which one it was and let you know. How long does that keep?? The TURKETTES were found at this HFS that's across the street from a hospital my Aunt goes to-will have to ask her the name of it. I liked the COOP better. Did you get to go there?

RED, hope you are enjoying your visit with Mom and Dad!!!

JRED, hope you are feeling better today!

THUNDER, glad to hear you're doing well and everything's progressing well with the baby. What a pretty name you've chosen for her!

COUNTRY, sorry to hear about your great Aunt passing away. My condolences to you and your family. I have a few great aunts, one being 95 already!

SHEANN, please keep us informed about Jason and what the Dr.'s say on Tuesday-I hope and pray the news is good!

BOB, glad to hear you had a nice bday! Happy to have the chance to sing you happy birthday and talk with you, if even for a few minutes! Girl, you do love to shop!!!

If I missed anyone, trust me, it's not intentional! Anyone I missed, HOWDY!!!!!

Well, it's after 11am already and I've got to skiddadle and get in the shower, plus Michael needs the computer and Lauren wants to play a game of Scrabble.

Please remember, TOMORROW IS MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY!!!! If you have any words of wisdom, quotes or stories that you think will help us get through the day, week, etc. please, try to post them tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-21-2002, 11:07 AM   #206  

Angry Happy Sunday

I DID IT!!! I HIT BELOW THAT DRASTED ZERO MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUMPING AND DOING THE DANCE OF JOY!!!!!!!

I decided to cut the whole wheat out for the weekend, stick to healthy meats, eggs, cheese for zestiness, and veggies... the only splurge was a scoop of SF ice cream so I did not feel deprived. Well I did it - I now weigh 259!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express how good it feels to be back down into this #age... it is just a sign that I can do it...... My mini goal was to weigh 258 by the 30th - I wonder if I will surpass it by Far??

I made a delicious crustless quiche using brocolli, onion, chicken and spinach - and I mixed the cheeses with swiss and cheddar - it was devine!!!

Today is grocery shopping day - I am planning meals and then hitting the store. Now that I am pretty much over the worst of that head cold/virus - I am now walking and exercising again. I love to walk at night when it is dark and peaceful - and look in the windows of all the big stately Southern homes and see how they have decorated - they leave all the lights on and windows uncovered like showplaces - I have missed these walks 5 more months and I will be in jolly ole England and I better be in shape!

Pooch - The soreness of horseback riding - nice hot bath will make you feel better! I am so jealous!!! Green with envy - I want to say I have a bruised butt from being around horses!!! sounds so wonderful, your day with the boys!!!

The self tanner - really has not done much - I have some color - looks natural, but I thought it would be much darker!

I have to get going on my day!!! Sabrina
Old 04-21-2002, 11:15 AM   #207  

Default Deb!!

We posted at the same time - Hi!!! The trick Michael pulled on you sounds like my Zach!! hahaha - glad your Eli is home safe and sound Well I am going to start looking for that low carb ice cream or take your advice and get it in Miami I have been wanting to go South for a while - good excuse hahaha

I am glad you liked the picture

Sabrina
Old 04-21-2002, 01:52 PM   #208  

Anybody else addicted to the Weather Channel like me? I've been watching it all morning and it looks like lots of you on the eastern coast are going to have storms. Mel, I know PA needs the rain, hope you get lots. Can't believe it SNOWING in the Great Lakes region. I'm just a Southern girl and it's already in the high 80s here in TX. My DS is traveling back from Myrtle Beach today on a bus with the D&B and it looks like they may be driving into some of those storms. I'm still a worrying mama.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling better. The voice is better still today, but not back to normal. This spring is really doing a number on my allergies, sinuses and asthma. I'll be glad when all the trees quit blooming and the pollen subsides.

Deb: Did the scanner work? What was downloading that took so long? I'm sure Michael's having fun with it. BTW: I always told my kids they got one rescue from me. After that, they had to suffer the consequences of their unorganization. They have to learn lessons the hard way, sometimes.

HeartMom: Have a wonderful bd with your angel. And have a nice bd for yourself tomorrow. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mel: Have fun at your DD's games. I wish I lived close enough to visit my son. His situation is similar, in a way. He doesn't get to come home for summer like all his friends because of his obligations to the Navy, even tho he's a student. So he has to make the most of his time home.

Tranquil: Congrats on the loss!

Sef: Thanks for the chuckle. Some of those are just so true!

Daramus: Where are you hidin', Boy?

Gotta run and get ready to take DD downtown to a dance festival. She's 17 and hasn't ever driven in downtown Dallas so asked me if I'd take her today. It looks like rain again, so we'll see if they even dance.

Have a great Sunday.
Jeanie
196/163/130
Old 04-21-2002, 03:23 PM   #209  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Afternoon!

It took me a good 1/2 hour to catch up on all the post!!!!! Sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend! Dan the Man and I escaped yesterday to went to the ocean....lied and told the kids we were about an hour away Is that bad or what? Mind you we get about 20 calls on the cell phone so it's not like we actually get to RELAX like we planned. If I were home to kids would care-a-less what I was doing!!!!

We drove through a town that made me feel like we we in another state....maybe country. It seemed like everyone had old junked up cars, scrap-metal, old tires,etc. in their yards. Mind you we come from Palm Desert, where there is a country club on every corner (no, I don't live in one) and every square inch of grass (yes, we have grass) is manicured to perfection. Made me thankful when I came home to our normal house. ALL OF THIS because the Nancemeister had to take the SCENIC route!!! Some of the other towns were neat....I just didn't want to be on the Freeway!!!! I'm convinced I'm meant to live out in the country, and keep listening to all you folks who live elsewehre across the USA to se which place sounds the best!

Kimmy-"OP" means "On Plan"...don't you feel like a dork now???
I remember when I joined SB and there were so many things that stumped me up it drove me nuts. Couldn't figure out how to do
"bold", colors, insert pictures, anyof that stuff, and drove everyone nuts with all my questions! We should have a cheat sheet for the newbies with SF, WW, DH, DD, DS, etc. to de-code it all!

Fruit-I have heard of that scrap book company, and think I've even checked out the deal on line. Watch out, because once you get started you will become ADDICTED and then I'll be your new best friends to talk with about all the STUFF! You should see our kitchen table...It's mine, ALL MINE, with all my scrap book stuff ALL OVER IT!!! Love it!! Would love to be doing books, like your daughter is doing for a Full-time job!!!!

Sef-I'm heading to the grocery store soon, and taking your advice and going to throw out that wicked stuff with nutrasweet in it, and get the Simply Fruit jam. That ranked right up there with No-fat Cheese.....the second grossest thing I've ever tasted!

Tranquil-Great minds think alike...I just busted out Debs' crustless quiche recipe and boy was it good!!!! Good snack to have on hand...taking the left overs to work so I can have a "legal" snack.

Deb-the hair.....well......it's layered, and I'm trying to do that FLIP thing in the back with my chinaman-straight hair....after I put spray and molding mud and more spray, it kinda does it. I don't know what I'm doing, just trying to have a hip look instead of middle-aged-mom and it's not working to well. One of these days I'll get one of those Cinderella Debbie cuts where I come out looking like a stone cold fox, but for now....I'll proabably have to work on growing it out again. Speaking of HAIR....Nadia got a kit (not her first time mind you) and it turned out Red.....like fire engine RED....hince the need for me to get to the store and get her re-stored to normal. After I laughed out loud (you couldn't help it!) and then the tears, I told her it could be fixed! Oh the joys of being a girl! Glad Eli mad it back safe and sound....I was about to go have Michael knock of your door and tell you to get out of bed if I didn't see you post soon!

Well, will check in with you wonderfuls ladies later! Brothers are down visiting, and I was told something about a Lakers game, and BBQ'ing......got to see what's up and get girl-scout prepared!

Zippy Bubblebutt
241/237/146
Jump started with Debs help 4/15/02
Old 04-21-2002, 03:41 PM   #210  

Default Sunday

Greetings to all. I made it through my company last evening..until 10 pm that is. I began to progressively feel more odd (than usual ) I was dizzy and feeling icky. I excuse myself and then find my head hanging over the toilet bowl. Like I need this on top of trying to recover from the pneumonia. DD felt like this on Saturday so I guess I caught it too. She is better today so I am hoping for a 24 hour cootie thing this time.

I went to church anyway this morning, nothing like sharing the cooties around! I tried not to breath on anyone of course but I didn't want to miss again because I did last week. I will stay home tonight though cause I am still kind of dizzy.

I ate some bad things this afternoon but I was not as bad as I wanted to be...does that make sense? I am usually one of those people that rationalizes her SB failings by saying "I already ate this, might as well go all the way and eat all this too." I don't think I can stomach anything other than what we had for lunch so I will probably go without the rest of the day.

SHEANN-I will be praying for your son and hoping that Tuesday comes quickly for you without anymore seizures before that.

DEBELLI- Just reading your posts leaves me in awe of you! The way you get back to everyone with *quality* posts..no wonder you are our *fearless leader*!

The kids are bickering and I better go resolve it. The small one (3) is bugging the other 2 who wanted to watch a movie...Mommy to the rescue!
Closed Thread