Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support - July 2007

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  

Good morning, everyone! I apologize for being missing the past few days. I was sick with this cold/sore throat thing. I am a bit better today, but much more congested. I slept until 9:30!

Breakfast was a bowl of Cheerios. That was about all I could handle. I have not been in the pool to work out for two days now. I feel like a slug!

I hope everyone is doing well. Lets make this the best month ever!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #3  
sef

HI ALL'

MONET: So sorry you have been down with a cold. I think there's hardly anything worse than a summer cold. Maybe it's because we think of colds as a winter ailment so they seem worse at other times to me!

Had a busy day. We entertained at Trinity Rehab. We are doing rousing patriotic songs that make your toes tap and lift your feelings. It was a good audience with them singing what they could. We as always had a blast. I really messwed up Seventy Six Trombones, couldn't get the pages turned and lost my place. But we got back on the track. Our audiences are very forgiiving. We make fun of our mistakes and they love it.

Took Bitsy to vet for booster shots, she needed eyedrops as she seems to be bothered by the pollen. Vet says it is often more of a problem with little dogs as they are closer to the ground, Lyme shot and a supply of Sentinel heartworm and I am $184 poorer. Don't spend that much on me!....well maybe sometimes with all my problems.

Tomorrow because I entertain the first Monday, I go to my regular NH visit on Tuesday, so that's what I will be doing in the morning. Afterwards have to go to Walmart for ink cartridge and paper for the puter, as well as a few other things. Then I have rest of the day off as well as Wednesday.

Nothing else much new.

Where is everybody?

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 07-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Boy the board is really slow.

Well, my last day of work. Hey! We have a party tonight and tomorrow I had better start packing. I have packed my medicine, but that's all.

Monet, Hope your cold is better. Summer colds are nasty. Your check is in the mail. Thanks again.

Sef, It seems more and more dogs have allergies lately. People too I think. Scarry if you really think about it. Hope the eye drops help. Have a great day.

I will miss you all for 10 days. Be back ont he 16th.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #5  

Morning! I feel a bit better today. I took a dose of CVS Tussin for the stupid cough I had. I would feel like I had to cough, but when I did, it did absolutely NOTHING for the tickle in my throat. Drove me nuts. I remember one dose of Tussin for my last cold really did the trick, and got the chest loosened up enough to not drive me nuts.

I may drive up to North Georgia today to the studio. I am waiting for my studiomate to call me. She had to take her daughter to the doctor this morning, and if they are done early enough, I will go. It looks nasty out...like rain, so I may NOT go. I hate driving in the rain. I can always use another day of rest with the cold.

SOLLY: Have a GREAT time! You will be missed! I will look for my check! Thanks! I am SO glad you like it.

SEF: I LOVE patriotic songs! Our pets CAN be expensive...but aren't they worth it? Right now I am trying to figure out why the OLD mama cat will not go into the garage anymore. She has been staying in there (she is an outdoor cat) for a long time, and suddenly will not go in anymore. I wonder if she is afraid of the kiln which was pretty hot a few days ago, but it is hard to tell. Poor thing stayed out in the rain the other day, and when Tom carried her into the garage and set her down, she ran back out!

I need to go find some breakfast!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #6  

Dang where did my post go? Oh well I had written one. All is fine here. I found some wonderful fresh green beans at the store. Can't wait to cook them tomorrow. I also found a guy that sells fresh produce out of his garden. He gave me his number and I'm going to call next week to see whats ready. He has about an acre planted in everything. Yum. Today I went to Wal Mart and to get a new belt for our mower. Boy does DH have alot of lawn to mow this week. Not much else going on. Monet I hope you're feeling much better.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #7  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

*Quick Check for Early Alzheimer's
*The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of
Psychiatry at Harvard University . Take your time and see if you can read
each line aloud without a mistake.
The average person over 30 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
2. This is is cat.
3. This is how cat.
4. This is to cat.
5. This is keep cat.
6. This is an cat.
7. This is old cat.
8. This is person cat.
9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12 This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down.

BOB
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ had some nice rain to cool things off today; good for the garden too. Just did some laundry today besides our daily routine stuff. Fighting a bit of a cold the last few days, but feeling better tonight. Seems everytime we go out where there are lots of people, we catch something.

MONET ~ your cold sounds a lot like the one people have here; hope you are feeling better soon; I also slept in 'til nine am today and loved it!

GARDEN UPDATE: everything is growing very well; hopefully we're now passed all the frost days. SALAD GARDEN is fab and can eat all the goodies from it daily (leaf lettuce, radishes & green salad onions).

Had a busy weekend; went to an anniversay party on Saturday night. Very glad there were no junky foods there; only a salad plate with a low-fat dip. Dinner was potluck (my designation was Chinese Rice with veggies). There were two salads (Ceasar and Broccoli) along with a bean pot and two meat dishes. Dessert was small piece of cake with one scoop of vanilla ice cream. My sugars were OK the next day, but I had that as my weekly Sunday dessert as a sub.

HAPPY JULY 4th to all our American friends! We celebrated Canada Day on the 1st (Sunday) with fireworks, parades, BBQ's, etc.

Been trying to think of a tip since it's Tuesday; the party we went to was planned with good health in mind; I took a tip from this smart lady ~ she has diabetes, so she designated to each person only healthy dishes for the dinner menu; very smart! The only thing I would change would maybe have Angel Food Cake and fruit for the dessert. A friend once made a fruit, angel food cake, and low-fat topping dessert layered in a large bowl; it was great and went over better than the pie for the health-conscious people there.

I think we can eat healthier with some more planning. I am streamlining my menu these days to encourage myself; and I'm increasing my activity level a bit as well. I know that something will eventually work for me; and, they say that PERSISTANCE PAYS!

ANYWAYS, that's about all the news here for now; hope you are all keeping well. Hope everyone has fun on their holidays, as July is a very popular month for people to take their holidays in. So, take good care of yourselves ~ ROSEBUD.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-03-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #9  

Hello everyone! I ended up going to north Georgia for the day. I am so glad I did. I always feel so revived spending time with my friend up there. We egg each other on, tease, and general encourage one another. We did not do much, but talk, but that was enough. I brought home my triple beam scale and chemicals so I can mix up glazes for tests here. That will keep me busy! I will probably be unable to go up there again until the end of August, since she is out of town, then I am out of town, then I am subbing for a teacher for the first few weeks of school. I may try and fit in a weekend jaunt up there just to see her, or insist she come down here.

I need to go unpack my car, and get ready for bed. Night everyone!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #10  

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERY BUDDY!!

BOB
Old 07-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #11  

Howdy all. Hope everyone had a good and relaxing 4th. It was pleasant and quiet here. Today is laundry and cleaning day. Yuck! Its to hot to go outside. Not much news here.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #12  

My my...what a dull group we have been lately. I had a busy day yesterday. We had the final dinner with the elders and their wives with our pastor. He has quit and will be probably doing mission related work, and be around for a few years at least. He and his wife started the church, so it was a pretty emotional thing all around. I made two desserts for the dinner, so I was busy. In addition, I had hardly slept at all Wednesday night, so I took a nap yesterday afternoon. I slept really deeply for a couple hours and woke up confused as to where I was and what day it was....felt pretty wretched for a while.

It is just pretty much the same old same old around here. I have plans to work in the garagio today, but have not been able to get my butt down there to work yet. I am feeling a lot better with this stupid cold, but it is lingering some, and sapping my energy. I have to get in the pool today no matter what. I have been off for over a week now. So unlike me!

I hope everyone is doing well! Where ever you are....I know Solly is on vacation, but where are the rest of you bums?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #13  

I'm here and sorry that I've been MIA!! we had a nice 4th, had hamburgers, baked beans and homemade ice cream!! I really shouldn't have, but it's the only batch we've made all summer, so of course I had to try it! The kids had doctor appts yesterday with the endocrinologist and he made me so mad! He basically makes me feel like they shoud'nt even be there if they don't have diabetes. Yesterday he suggested that they just see the cardiologist now since he seems to be doing more for them and actually I was glad! They DO more for them, so why should I waste my money on a doc that doesn't get it.? Sorry. rant over.

Sean has been taking his driving lessons as required now in Georgia by Joshua's Law and he has gained so much confidence by them. Who cares if he only drives 15 mph? That's fine with me. He is really in no hurry to get his license, so if he gets a good base from them and then just drives around here in the country for a while, that will be fine!!

Everyone have a great evening!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #14  

GOOD FRIDAY EVENING EVERY BUDDY!

Sorry I've been out of touch so much. I'm still learning my job, but the good news is that it's easier every day! I kinda like this being off on Wednesday.
I have found myself to not be as tired.

I have to agree with MONET about no one being here. I know everyone is busy during the summer. There is just so much time down this way to get things done that we can't do when the SNOWBIRDS are here.

I know, no excuse, but I will try to do better, if nothing more than a quick drive by!

I heard from Missy today....LEXIE is TWO YEARS OLD TODAY!! I can't believe it...she has grown so much. I just got some pictures of her from their trip to the beach and Lexie was really having a good time!

I'm off to fix some supper...leftover meatloaf I think...I'll fix Kate some corn on the cob and one of the Nurses at work brought me AMISH POTATO SALAD.... I know, that's two starches, but it's what she wants!
I'll check in a little later

BOB
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #15  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'm just popping in to say hi, too! We've been so busy with marching band. And I got Kyle involved, too, carrying the school banner with another first grader. So, just saying hi. Will be more active after marching band...
Closed Thread