Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ Good afternoon!

I pulled my menu plan book out today and it says it written by the DIABETIC ASSOCIATION; that's probably why it is so similar to SB's. It has menu exchange plans for 1000/1200/1500 and 1800/2100 calories. I started on the 2100 plan, but now I can start moving down to somewhere inbetween the 1800-2100 plan; there's a lot of room there.

SHIRLEY (SEF) ~ yes, I was getting small pains in my right chest now and then; and the doc said maybe mini-clots which didn't make me feel good at all to hear that. I am so glad they finally did those tests, so I can stop being anxious everytime I get a nerve twitch! That's really nice of you to do that program for the seniors; I used to work in seniors' homes and I know how much that means to them. They would have you come all the time, if they could get you to do it; and who could blame them?

MONET ~ glad you are feeling better; we had that flu here. You are so lucky to have that pool right so close; we have a lake nearby, but sometimes have to contend with the buggies for air space! Someone on this site said that one person's cheat is another person's treat, or visa-versa ~ I guess that's very true!

ANYWAYS, nothing much goin' on here right now; had some rain today, that's all. Took things easy today; having a self-appointed holiday ~ LOL! Take care, and have a great day ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #32  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Thought I had better pop back in here before MONET gets that broom of hers after me!

Went to pick up some perscriptions a little while ago and man will I be glad when my insurance kicks in...another month to go..

TONI...If you didn't find your head board, why not look at junk stores you can get something cheaper there and just clean it up. A lot of those places don't even know what they have and sometimes you can find good stuff!

ROSEMARY!! I've been MIA for a while getting settled into a new job. Good to have you here with us...

ROSEBUD ..Where did you get that MENU BOOK? I would love to have one. I'm one of those people who needs to see before I eat!

SEF...can you believe the prices of house these days??? It's almost sinful. I hope y'all find something you like. You will feel so much better not having to climb the stairs!

MONET...I've decided to do 4 mugs instead of what we talked about. Two KY and two TENNESSEE so start looking...I have no idea when you want to start them, but just let me know how much so I can start saving! Any new pictures of Kaleb???

Well, I'm off to find some supper. I'll catch you on the flip side!!

BOB
Old 07-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #33  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quick fly by! We went to see Harry Potter today and LOVED it. Then I went in to pick up my last paycheck from mastercuts and everyone was so busy I couldn't even say hi to anyone. And, you know how I love thunderstorms...and never, ever get any. So, I'm in the movie theater and down comes the rain so badly it was just pummelling the roof really loudly. And then there is thunder and rumbles and I'm like..finally a thunderstorm and I'm locked into a movie! Just my luck.

Anyhow...marching band is coming along nicely. My flag twirlers and doing well except for one girl that is really bad is the Miss French Festival alternate and will be on their float...so, good for me!! She won't make the rest of the girls look bad!

Bob: How's the new job going? Do you love it?

Rose: How's things going on the foodplan? It's not hard to stick to at all once you get a groove going.

Sef: Good luck with house hunting. I love house hunting...it's the moving once you've bought a new house that is the PITS!!

Rosemary: Glad to have you on board! keep to the plan and that 3#s will disappear faster than you think!!

Monet: How was the cookout? Its been a while since you posted pics of your work!!

Toni: I have one little tiny tomato on my one tomato plant I planted this year. I did it different this year and planted it in the pot I usually put a flower arrangement in. Last year the dog kept stealing the tomatoes and runnign off with them liek they were a toy! This year they're in a sunny spot in the front yard where he can't get to them!!

Missy!! Great pictures!! You look like you're about to bust a seam!! Isn't it great!? Alexis is so lucky to have you!! I can tell you're a great mom!! :hugs:

Okay...have to go get the living room in order. Talk to you guys later!!

Kris
Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #34  

Hey everyone! I had a very busy day. The dentist was fine...my teeth are great, no cavities now not ever...so I don't really mind going. Went to Jason's Deli with my neighbor and got a half a sandwich and their broccoli cheddar soup. It was pouring rain so we enjoyed the soup and had coffee. After lunch, I took James to pick up a rental car. I thought it was a bit extravagant, but he has a date with a flight attendant he met tonight so he wanted the nicer car. They are going to see Harry Potter. He drove me around on errands after we got his cool car, a Dodge Charger. We also went to the AT&T store and he got a new cellphone. We came home and I got on line and he bought me a refurbished Blackberry. I can't wait! It will do email, instant messaging, etc. I am going to be all set! He is even going to pay the extra monthly charge for the data connection for me.

Dinner tonight was grilled salmon, roasted green beans and broccoli. I fixed a bowl of mixed berries for dessert. Costco had raspberries real cheap, so I got two containers. We snarfed down almost all of them already! They are the best raspberries I have had in years!

I did not get any true exercise in again today, except for the walking around Costco. My only window of opportunity was during a huge thunderstorm! Bummer!

Check you all tomorrow!

BOB: Ok, gotcha! I will do two and two. I better start on them now... I am feeling lucky on commissions lately!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #35  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Default Cherries

Discovered cherries as a good evening snack. I have never eaten them before. 25 on the glycemic index. Husband made some ground turkey w/red beans chili last night. It was very good.

My blood sugars are coming down, way down which is a huge motivating factor even if the scale doesn't budge much this week. My body needs to get use to lower blood sugar levels, they aren't too low but because my body was use to higher blood sugar levels, the lower levels make me feel slightly jittery. This will stabilize eventually.

Rosemary
Old 07-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #36  
sef

Hi all,

Went to NH this morning. The two groups have names but we don't always do what the name implies. I go with the flow and talk about what the residents bring up. Today was Current Events. We did read about LadyBird and WalMarts shoplifting problem with teenagers. That lead to how things are different these days for parents, to one lady's mother was a high diver in Barnum and Bailey for a couple of years, and so on. A real lively group.

ROSEBUD: It is good not to worry about every little twitch. Know the feeling. What kind of work did you do in NHs? I worked for ten years with geriactrics and another ten with head trauma patients. I really missed the geris. That's why I volunteeer with them now. Besides as I've said before where can I go at 70 and be considered young?

BOB: I have a lot of prescriptions and am grateful every time for the Medicare Insurance provider I have. Here in LA you can have either designated private companies handle your Medicare or have standard Medicare. The company I chose has had wonderful prescription coverage. I have never had a hospital bill or test bills. This year they even added a dental plan which is terrific. Glad you are settling in on the new job. How's Kate? House prices are scary. A new car costs more than my first house!

TONI: My father was an iron artist. He made furniture, N.O. style ironwork, spiral staircases, etc. I still have the wrought iron living room set I grew up with that he made. Now DS has it and we use it on our covered deck. We just replaced the cushions I made for it about 30 years ago. I wish now I had the headboards and vanity tables he made for my sister and I.
Only they were for twin beds and I have a queen. Dad could have whipped you up a great headboard!! I also have a captain's chair, small glass top dining table, end table too.

TECH: I love thunderstorms too. We have had a couple of good ones lately. I like to turn out the lights and watch them. It is fun to visit the model homes. When I moved in '95 I did all the packing except for some big things like an approx. 4' x 5' wall mirror. In '99 I did some of the work. Now 8 years later I can do none of the work. If company tranfers DS then they will pay for the moving. If we move for personal reasons we would have to pay. Can't wait to see new Harry Potter movie. Love the books and all the movies so far.

MONET: Doesn't look like there will be any pool time for me today. Thunder and lightning doesn't seem very inviting! Think I will broil some Talapia for supper. It's quick and I have a late hair cut appt. Last night stewed some chicken breasts so DIL could have them. Real tasty. Aren't sons wonderful? I'm so glad I have mine. I know daughters are great too, I just have one that's a little difficult. I love her but she is difficult.

ROSEMARY: Sure we want to lose weight. But as a diabetic I know it's more important to get the numbers down. Also because we have to eat losing is harder. I can't skip a meal or miss a snack as the bottom drops out.
Not that I want to skip a meal, but we all know there are times we are flying around doing a million things and it dawns on us we didn't have any lunch. The dawning is not to be shrugged off.

Weather not good for arthur think I need a little booster for the pain today so will end here and get something.

May good things happen, Shirley

Old 07-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #37  
Bustin' Buddy

TECH: Great to see you! I love t-storms too! They are so relaxing! I think I am about to pop! HA! I went to the doctor today and I had my first "exam" now that I'm near the end...nothing is happening down there at all! He said that old pregnant ladies like me sometimes have a hard time dialating! Great! That's all I need to hear! Alexis is a doll.....we are lucky to have her!!! She has brought so much into our lives - she is delightful!

MONET: Your menus amaze me all the time...you always cook things that are so healthy!! You go girl!

SEF: Are y'all planning on staying in the same area? I didn't go back and skim posts - you probably mentioned it and I missed it!

Well...I'm off again! See y'all later!

Missy
Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #38  

Howdy all. I guess I missed yesterday. I had went out of town with a friend. We had lunch out and a nice day. Stopped back by a guy that sells fresh vegetables out of his garden and got me a nice freshly picked cabbage. Think I'll cook it tonight for dinner. I can't wait. Maybe I'll have some salmon with it. I've got some more tomatoes getting ripe. Man are they good homegrown. Guess we'll probably barbecue this week end. You're going to think I'm crazy but I'm going to make a pot of ham and beans over an open fire this week end. I've got a big iron pot and my son got me a tripod for my birthday this week to hang the pot on. We've got a fire pit so its going to be fun to try. I've wanted to learn out to cook in one of those cast iron pots for ages, so I'm starting on something simple. I've got a ton of wash to do this evening so guess I'll get started.

Monet- Didn't get to look for my headboard we ran short of time. Guess I'm going to have to go by myself. Sounds like you've been busy. Your son was a sweetheart for getting you the blackberry.

RoseBud- Watch that birthday cake it can do that to ya everytime at the scale.... LOL I had some for my birthday this week. It about killed me cause I wasn't used to sweets.

Sef- Yes a Denver and Western are the same. I'm going to try using 3 egg whites and 1 yolk so it will be a little healthier. Oh I'll bet your Dad did great work on iron.

Bob- No junk stores around here and I have a king sized bed so its hard to find one. Be neat if I could find two twins and put them together. Hope the job is going okay.

Kris- You're probably going to get lots more tomatoes off your bush. I had to put mine in pots. I'm always worried about my dogs and cat around them, but they're more interest in the vine of cucumbers.

SArose- Sounds like you're doing great. Yum I love cherries.

Off to wash now....
Old 07-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #39  

Missy- We were posting at the same time. How are you gal? Hope you're getting some good rest. Ha ha Like Alexis is going to let you. Are you all ready for the new one?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #40  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

OH...MY...GAWD...IS...IT...HOT!!! I wish y'all would quite talking about all the rain!!! We haven't had ANY in my part of town in almost 4 MONTHS!!! Honestly, I think we're hexed!! When I left work Monday, it was pouring buckets and when I turn onto my street, there was NOTHING....NADA....

To answer the BIG QUESTION....YES!!!! I LOVE MY JOB!! The atmosphere is so different, and I had always said that I would never want to work in a DRS office , but IT'S DA BOMB!! I love all the people that I work with, and the DOCS are great as well....One of them said to me today..."I just love your accent...it just kills me! I said, well, you know I'm from the South, and he said...ME TOO...I'M FROM SOUTHERN INDIA!!" I thought I would die!

TONI...Sorry you didn't get to look for your headboard. You're right though, two twin bed wrought irons would look great! Hope you find one. Let me know how you do with cooking in that pot! The smokey flavor will be great!
I'm wondering though just how long it's gonna take to cook the beans...I think I would go ahead and cook the meat first...and you'll have to watch the water really close...I would think that the fire would deplete it quickly...INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!

KRIS....So glad to see ya. Glad you had a good time at the movie....sorry about the storm...Got any pictures of your TWIRLERS??? Was JUNIOR muddy when you got home?

MONET....You'll be my firt CHRISTMAS purchase, so I've officially started my shopping!!!

MISSY...I can't wait to see how LEXIE does as a BIG SISTA!!! ...wonder if she will be protective????

SHIRLEY....Medicare replacement policies here make it seem like a dream for people to take, but they aren't. We didn't accept them at the hospital because of the way they pay here. Which company do you have?
Kate is doing fine. I think I told y'all that she lost the sight in her left eye completely, but you'd never know it...(knock on my wooden head) she's doing really great right now...so keep those fingers and toes crossed for me!

ROSEMARY...I absolutely love cherries! I could eat my weight in them, but they are so expensive here in FLA except the short time they are in season.

I hope JACKIE is having a good time on her vacation...Can't wait to hear all about it.

Well Ladies, I'm off to find some supper. Have a GREAT EVENING!!

BOB
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #41  

Argh! What a day! I slept late, worked at the wheel on a new idea for a covered travel mug, went swimming with my neighbor and her daughter (yay! Got in my water aerobics!) then headed off to Trader Joe's for some stuff. I need to go work on supper, but I just don't feel like cooking. Tom is going to come complaining in a bit, I just know!

Sorry this is short... Back later!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #42  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Default Tgif

Well it's Friday. Facing a weekend, weekends are the hardest for me to stay on track because they lack the structure that my weekdays have. Today my aunt has invited us over for dinner. Traditional mexican dish chicken mole. Mole is a gravy type sauce made out of red chili, and flour and peanut butter and spices the meal is served with spanish rice and beans. I'll have to be nice and try to eat in moderation <sigh>. Tomorrow I'm suppose to meet a friend at starbucks that I haven't seen in 5 months. Sunday is super busy, singing for 3 different church services and having to grab something to eat inbetween.

Now the good news, 2 of the 4 lb regain were off the scale this morning. Also my size 18 jeans zipped up without me having to lay down and I dont feel like a stuffed sausage in them anymore.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Rosemary
Old 07-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #43  
Bustin' Buddy

TONI: Have a GREAT birthday this week!!! I'm still feeling pretty good! Alexis is wearing me out - I must say! We go for her 2 year old shots today - I'm not looking forward to that!! Nope - no rest for me over here - are you kidding! HA! She is always on the go! I don't think we are quite ready for the baby yet - so hopefully he doesn't make his arrival early!

BOB: I think that she's going to be jealous! She will be protective of the new toys that she things are for her! HAHA! She's kind of a brute so I'm going to have to watch her to be sure she isn't too rough! I'm so glad you are liking your new job!!!

ROSEMARY: Weekends are always my toughest too - we eat out a lot on the weekends - my philosophy is - I cook all week long so I shouldn't have to cook on the weekends. So, I don't! But, it makes staying on plan a little hard. Do your best!!

Well, I'm off to get dressed to bring the 2 year old for her shots!!!

Fun! FUN!

Missy
Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #44  
sef

Hi all,
Nothing special on my agenda. Will play things as they are dealt.

Email from my niece, DD is upset with her. DD wants to visit and niece has other plans. It is always something, her way or no way. Oh well.

FRUIT: DS works in Hammond so they are looking at surrounding areas that would me less of a commute. So far they have looked at Folsom, Madissonville, and Abita Springs. Trying to avoid Covington and Mandeville as there is so much traffic. Prices are amazing, DS says our house looks better all the time. Hope Alexis' shots weren't too traumatic.

TONI: In my younger days I did a lot of over the fire cooking. I have a huge collection of iron skillets, kettles etc. Really have to keep an eye on things as you can't really control the heat. Nothing like the smell of bacon over a campfire.

BOB: We've had rain, yes, but I never said it was cool! The rain just makes it muggier and hotter. Temps here have been mid 90s with heat index 105'. The pool is like a warm bath. Your doctor has a sense of humor. That lightens things up an office. I love going to my doctor, the staff seems to have a good working relationship, there is laughter and smiles, but they are very professional and helpful. I like that my doctor listens to you. Maybe this change is what you needed at this time in your life. Oh, almost forgot. I have Choices 65, used to be Tenet Choices 65 but they recently dropped the Tenet name as there is a medical conglomerate that owns hospitals and clinics. Some of the patients thought they were connected and had to go to a Tenet facility. I have been very pleased with them and have not heard of the doctors complaining. most all my doctors are local although I go to Covington for my dermatology. Some of the doctors here relocated because of Katrina. She changed the landscape and our way of life.

MONET: That's why home delivery was created. On nights you don't feel like cooking, it's clean out the fridge night. There's always something. No one is going to expire if they don't have a full meal.

ROSEMARY: Isn't it nice when we can brag on a loss, especially one after a regain. I'm just sitting on the same weight the last few days. Well have to do a couple of errands. Will see you all later I hope.

FF:

Hi all,
Nothing special on my agenda. Will play things as they are dealt.
Email from my niece, DD is upset with her. DD wants to visit and niece has other plans. It is always something, her way or no way. Oh well.
FRUIT: DS works in Hammond so they are looking at surrounding areas that would me less of a commute. So far they have looked at Folsom, Madissonville, and Abita Springs. Trying to avoid Covington and Mandeville as there is so much traffic. Prices are amazing, DS says our house looks better all the time. Hope Alexis' shots weren't too traumatic.
TONI: In my younger days I did a lot of over the fire cooking. I have a huge collection of iron skillets, kettles etc. Really have to keep an eye on things as you can't really control the heat. Nothing like the smell of bacon over a campfire.
BOB: We've had rain, yes, but I never said it was cool! The rain just makes it muggier and hotter. Temps here have been mid 90s with heat index 105'. The pool is like a warm bath. Your doctor has a sense of humor. That lightens things up an office. I love going to my doctor, the staff seems to have a good working relationship, there is laughter and smiles, but they are very professional and helpful. I like that my doctor listens to you. Maybe this change is what you needed at this time in your life. Oh, almost forgot. I have Choices 65, used to be Tenet Choices 65 but they recently dropped the Tenet name as there is a medical conglomerate that owns hospitals and clinics. Some of the patients thought they were connected and had to go to a Tenet facility. I have been very pleased with them and have not heard of the doctors complaining. most all my doctors are local although I go to Covington for my dermatology. Some of the doctors here relocated because of Katrina. She changed the landscape and our way of life.
MONET: That's why home delivery was created. On nights you don't feel like cooking, it's clean out the fridge night. There's always something. No one is going to expire if they don't have a full meal.
ROSEMARY: Isn't it nice when we can brag on a loss, especially one after a regain. I'm just sitting on the same weight the last few days.
Well have to do a couple of errands. Will see you all later I hope.

FF:

Never end a sentence with a preposition.

Harry is getting along in years and finds that he is unable to perform sexually.. He finally goes to his doctor, who tries a few things but nothing seems to work. So the doctor refers him to an American Indian medicine man.

The medicine man says, "I can cure this." That said, he throws a white powder in a flame, and there is a flash with billowing blue smoke. Then he says, "This is powerful medicine. You can only use it once a year. All you have to do is say '123' and it shall rise for as long as you wish!"

The guy then asks, "What happens when it's over, and I don't want to continue?"

The medicine man replies:"All you or your partner has to say is 1234, and it will go down. But be warned -- it will not work again for another year!"

Harry rushes home, eager to try out his new powers and prowess. That night he is ready to surprise Joyce. He showers, shaves, and puts on his most exotic shaving lotion. He gets into bed, and lying next to her says, "123."

He suddenly becomes more aroused than anytime in his life ... Just as the medicine man had promised. Joyce, who had been facing away, turns over and asks, "What did you say 123 for?" ...... And that, my friends, is why you should never end a sentence with a preposition.
--------------------

This is why women should not take men shopping against their will.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO...........

After Mr. and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her husband accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart.

Unfortunately, Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.

Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Wal-Mart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton,

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and may be forced to ban both of you from the store.

Our complaints against Mr. Fenton are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.

2 . July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, "Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away."

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.

6. September 14: Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.

7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.

8. September 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose

10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the " Mission Impossible" theme.

12. December 6: In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look" by using different sizes of funnels.

13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!"

And last, but not least.

15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!"

Regards,
WalMart
---------------------------
An eighty year old man was having an annual physical. As the doctor was listening to his heart with the stethoscope, he began muttering, "Oh oh!"

The man asked the doctor what the problem was.

"Well," said the doc, "you have a serious heart murmur. Do you smoke?"

"No", replied the man.

"Do you drink in excess?"

"No"

"Do you have a sex life?"

"Yes, I do!"

"Well," said the doc, "I'm afraid with this heart murmur, you'll have to give up half your sex life"

Looking perplexed, the old man said, "Which half... the LOOKING or the THINKING?"

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #45  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

WELL...It's FRIDAY....YA HOO!!!!! It's also time I got back to my FRIDAY MOVIE CHOICES....so here goes:

SERAPHIM FALLS
LIAM NEESON; PIERCE BROSNAN

GRAY MATTERS
THOMAS CAVANAGH; HEATHER GRAHAM

MY BROTHER
CHRISTOPHER SCOTT; TATUM ONEAL

OUR VERY OWN
SONDRA LOCKE; JASON RITTER

As usual, I'll let y'all know how they are.

BUSY DAY AT THE BONE HOUSE (I work for Ortho Docs). Of course, that makes the day go faster and I won't complain about that!

I'm off to fix some supper...I'll pop back in a little later!!

BOB
Closed Thread