Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #91  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone! The marching band finale is tomorrow at the county fair competition and then a trip to Rochester with the group and then we're over!

Rosemary: I think Atkins is a nice way to kick start yourself into action, then add things like the fruits/veggies/WW, etc after a couple weeks, but not as a permanent change in your diet. I lost a quick ten pounds on Atkins, then became horribly constipated and had to quit as I became sick. Just constipated sick.

But, this, in a sense, is the basics to South Beach, isn't it? Anyhow...I need to go NO carbs sometime soon. I've been bad, bad, BAD and the scale is starting to show it.

Anyhow...just popped in to say hi! to everyone I'll be back sometime soon, but have to go now because my daughter's radar went off that I'm at the computer and is looking over my shoulder and giving me the 'why aren't you tending to my every need' look. Plus, my saurkraut is in need of stirring.

Bye...will be back soon!! PS..I'm also roped into the Harry Potter book and its taking up all of my spare time.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ we had a busy week and weekend; our weather here has turned to scorching heat; HOT, HOT, HOT! We'd be glad to take that rain right about now.

DH is helping my Father build a cottage the last two weeks; they are almost finished with the complete shell. They had to come home early today as the heat was making them both feel ill; they will get an early start tomorrow morning and come home earlier if this heat is still here.

I have just been staying in with my girlies and the air conditioner; writing songs, reading, and doing the usual laundry, housework, and cooking. I hang the clothes on a rack dryer in the hot weather; it works really well for us.

Had a chicken superdog with w/w bun for lunch; only 280 cals, so I added a glass of milk. I'm keepin' on plan well this week. Weigh-in for July ~ went down two lbs; hope it isn't just water and stays off. Having to find things to do while DH isn't home; wanted to go to the site, but I just can't stand the heat; hopefully it won't last too long. We won't even go into town with this weather; thankfully, our pantry and freezer are full.

TT ~ had one-pot chicken oven dinner tonight; put the chicken pieces in a large baking pan; put carrots, celery, onions, turnip, and small potatoes with skins around it with a bit of water and seasonings; baked for two hours. This is one of our favorites.

TAKE CARE ALL ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #93  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Doing the happy dance this morning. The scale took a leap! I'm down to 264 from 274. 10 lbs in 5 weeks. I was stubbornly staying at 268-269.

Techwife: I told my Dh I will do the adkins with him for 2 weeks. Oh I had a terrible scare one time with constipation that almost sent me to the hospital. I was following a 10 day all protein plateau buster diet. I now religiously keep stool softners - colace on hand. If I go more than 1 day w/out a potty trip I pop 2 of those babies ASAP.

I have to attend an all day workshop today where snacks and lunch will be provided. I hope they will have something there I can actually eat!

Have a great hump day everybody!

Rosemary
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #94  

ROSEMARY: Yay! That is wonderful! Slow and steady wins the race!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to pop in and let you know where I was.

We have 3 people on vacation here this week and I have to do payroll. So I have been busy busy all week.

I have managed to get up and walk each day and made it to the gym 1 night.

The scale is moving , but very slowly. Depressing.

I need some major prayers. My blook work came back with abnormalties in my liver. So I have to have a CT Scan this Friday afternoon. I am 99% sure it is due to the Lamasil I was taking. It's major side affect is that it affects your liver. Plus with all the drinking on vacation, I think that is what it is. But I need to make sure so I am having the CT scan ($500.00 later). So send up some prayers please.

Sorry no time for replies. I probably won't get back on here much this week. Meetings and then the scan. Will check back soon.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #96  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

ALL MY BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!

Home from the SALT MINE and my arse is dragging!! I've been alone for two days now, didn't have any problems, but my shoulders are aching like crazy!!!

I've got to get back to eating correctly! I've been eating a sandwich everyday with a fresh tomato, and then when I come home, I'm so tired, that when I do get hungry, I poke around and find something....anything....just to fill the hunger. Like Susan, I've let myself go and regained what I had lost and now I need to start all over again! I need to stock up on some salmon , get myself a few avacado's and salad fixins, some veggies and get going! I believe that I could eat some kind of fish every day if I would just make myself fix it! I love baked cod with salsa cooked over top of it...You would think with me living right on the GULF......
But you know BOB....PROCRASTINATION!!!! QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!

I'm off to fix some supper...maybe some TUNA...YUM!! I'll catch y'all on the flipside!!

BOB
Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #97  
Today I am proud of...me!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Are plain regular cheerios legal?

also, what do you all know about designer whey?

Is it gritty when mixed with milk?

can you buy it in any stores, or is it only available online?

also, should i get the weight control line or the regular line?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #98  

DISNEY: Hmmm, hard to say about Cheerios. They do contain cornstarch. Some folks eat them with no problem. I notice that they DO make my blood sugar go up. Not as bad as some other stuff, so perhaps now and then would be ok. I use Designer Whey. It is not gritty. It is sweetened with Splenda, so it is good for Sugarbusters. I also use the natural with no flavoring or sweetners for some things. I buy it online, as it is much cheaper at places like Vitacost and VitaGlo, but you can find it in health food stores. GNC carries it. I don't think there is a weight control line...they may have a super duper body builder kind, but the regular stuff is what I use. It comes in chocolate, vanilla praline, strawberry, natural...and a few other flavors I can't remember. The Vanilla Praline is really good, and I use the chocolate and natural ones as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #99  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm sliding through...on my way to one of the Amish places to pick up supper. I'm having LIVER....YUM!!! Kate is having roast beef...

I'll check in a little later...

BOB
Old 07-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #100  

Howdy all; Just got the laundry done and am baking a boneless turkey breast. It will be great to have this week end to munch on. I'm doing really well this week. The scale is going down. Hope it stays down there on Monday. I'm trying so hard to drink lots of water. Cause I know one thing for a fact, the more water I drink the better I do. I'm hopeing so hard I can make it well through the week end. Thats my hardest time.

Solly; My thoughts are with you. I hope so much its just the Lamisil. I've taken that before too.

Bob- Sounds like work is busy. I know what you mean about eating better. I've sure had a hard time.

Disney- Welcome to the board. I can't find where you first came on board but glad you're here.

Rosemary- Congrads on the great weight loss. You're a good inspiration.

Rosebud- its hot here to. And this week end is going to be a real scorcher in Missouri. Good luck with the Atkins. But be sure and still come here.

Monet- You make me wish I had a pool. What a great way to get exercise. How'd your stuff turn out when you took it out of the kiln?

Well that turkey is smelling good. Guess I'd better go check on it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #101  

TONI: Yay! I am glad you are doing so well this week! You CAN do it! Once you get that weekend under your belt, there will be no stopping you! Thanks for asking about the kiln. It turned out well! I glazed today and loaded it and fired it. It went off about two hours ago, so I will be anxious to see how the stuff did tomorrow. I will try and post some pictures!

BOB: Guess what is in the kiln I fired today?! Orange and blue mugs!

SOLLY: Keep us posted on what they say about the liver stuff. I am praying for you...

Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would pop in for a quickie.

I am so frustrated. I have been stellar in my eating this week. Journaled, walked 30 minutes every morning, went to the gym 2 times. The scale has gone up 3 lbs. I have taken my water pills (2 a day) all week (except for today). I am so tired of this. I think it is time I found a family doctor and see if I can get to the bottom of it. Not sure if I need to see an internist or an endricronologist. Any ideas? Something has to be causing this.

I'm a little on edge today, guess that is to be expected even though I know 99.9% that it is meds causing it. Just be glad when it's over and I get the results next week.

Toni, Great job! You can make it through the weekend. I know you can. Here I thought I was having such a great week and I am going the opposite way. Even my clothes are tight. Turkey sounds good.

Monet. I hope BOB loves her mugs as much as I love my utensil pot. I think of you everytime I get something out of it. I love it so.

My 35th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. No big plans. We were going to dinner but my DD is having a 30th birthday party during the day for my SIL and then we are bring both dogs home with us for the night so they can have another party with their friends that night. We will see. Sunday we have a birthday party for some friends twins that will be 6.

Got to run. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #103  

Morning. Waiting on the kiln to cool enough to open. I always get impatient and this is the worst point to rush it at.

SOLLY: I can SO relate! The amount of water you retain is extreme. I think you ought to go to a DO (doctor of osteopathy) as they are more willing to be detectives and search for the cause of things like this...they are also more willing to look into new and alternative stuff. The best doctor I have ever gone to was a DO.

Ok, we have some MIAs. Where is SEF? Country? Thinwithin? Rosalie?Fruitloupe? MELF? Ericsmommy? FILLISE? I know there are more...my brain is sleepy though. Come out of lurkdom, if you are there!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #104  
Today I am proud of...me!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

okay I have one more question about the designer whey.........

as part of my excercise routine I regularly life weights and do quite a bit of weight training...........will this make me bulky like a man, because of all of the protein?

I want to lose weight........not beccome a body builder!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #105  

No. Unless you are lifting way more weight than you need to. But if you are lifting regularly, you NEED more protein to repair the muscles. More muscle burns more and speeds up the metabolism. I believe you would need to take steroids to be as bulky as a man.