Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is over, so how did you do at your TG MEAL?
I stayed 100% OP 6 25.00%
I stayed pretty much OP, tried a couple of things 5 20.83%
I tasted a little of everything, didn't go crazy & went right back OP Friday 4 16.67%
I went hog wild but jumped right back OP on Friday 0 0%
I ate off plan all weekend, but back OP today! 8 33.33%
I went hog wild and haven't stopped yet-HELP! 0 0%
Can you put my name on the list for wagon pick-up AND HURRY! 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 05:33 PM   #76  

Debelli- I never thought of bringing the mixer for traveling, but what a great idea, it IS very portable. My DM purchased a weight loss machine, and they threw the mixer in as a gift. She didn't need it, so she gave it to me.
Old 12-02-2001, 07:10 PM   #77  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!!!

Just made Debbie's HUMMUS and man did it every turn out good!!! DEB Watch for the cloud over this way tomorrow...I'm taking it to work...Found a ME grocery 6blks from my house...they have every kind of spice imaginable!!! What is the name of the ME blend to cook with?

Ok, I've missed something....TREE why would you take your mixer with you on a trip?

FROGGIE Great going with your staying on top of your running. Any new SPEWER developements?

LIZ How are you doing? I'm thinking of you and wishing good thoughts for you.

GATOR WHERE ARE YOU???

I'm off to watch BRIAN'S SONG or should I say the remake of it. I remember the original with James Caan...It will have to go a long way to beat that one...

[b]BOB[b]
Old 12-02-2001, 09:02 PM   #78  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Hope you all had a good weekend as it winds itself down. Eli and I did the usual in Broward (I know, we need to get a new schtik)-lunch was great as usual, Carbolite great too Went to the JCPenney Outlet at Sawgrass and found my niece the toy I had wanted to get her a lot cheaper-couldn't afford it at the regular price of $30, but ended up paying $18 instead

Okay, gotta say HOW 'BOUT THOSE CANES!!!! Can't deny the've done excellent this season!!!! Congrats to all of those who's teams they root for that won this week.

FROG, we are much alike when it comes to bargains, I check the prices of things too and LOVE when I find what a bargain I really got on something-esp. when it comes from a garage sale and it's NEW, that's a real high! Tree sounds gawgus! I've actually made a Chanukah tree in years past for the kids. I took hooks and put them through Chanukah candles, took Chanukah gelt (choc. money) and hot glued the hooks on those, kosher/Hebrew Bazooka Bubble Gum, hooked those babies up and some colored plastic driedles-even found some large type of HAPPY CHANUKAH CONFETTI and DREIDELS and put them on too. Then I strung Chanukah crepe paper around it and since it was a white tree, everything stood out nicely-wasn't tacky at all, actually, kinda cute.

FRUIT, I'm loving the fact that you are so back here with us!!!! Don't you feel when you get on the board more that it helps you stay more focused? It's like a meeting that you don't have to leave your house to go to. Keep up the great work!!!!

ZANNE, doesn't it make you feel more empowered when you come on the board more often-it does for me. I NEVER knew that's what those things were called, I saw one at SEARS yesterday. Are they hard to do??

BOB, Eli never got an e-mail from you, try to resend it. I had to go through his e-mails and delete so many-he had over 400! He gets so much junk it's not funny. Let him know what you needed and he'll see what he can do. I'm sure we can find a time to get together in Naples-and it should be before the Voyager closes!!!!!!!! Will check out your recipe on the board after I post-sounds yummy! A ME place 6 blocks away-you lucky dog! Hmmm, which spice are you talking about. He usually uses regular spices, but we do use ZATAR and SUMAC, not much of the later though. Next time you go, ask if they carry LEBANESE PIZZA SPICES. We had bought some in Vegas years ago and when we went back, they no longer had it and I had already thrown away the container and couldn't find the mfg. Did you buy anything when you went there?

Gotta run-will have the new board up and running tomorrow morning.

Nite, nite!

Debbie
194/120.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-02-2001, 11:16 PM   #79  

Deb - I sure made a goof with the Geek Island. I guess I was half asleep when I was posting yesterday

Bob - Your recipe for the Chickpea Latkes sounds yummy. I felt like making them right away but I'm going on a bus trip tomorrow and didn't want to have any embarrassing moments.

Nite.

Marie.
Old 12-02-2001, 11:51 PM   #80  

Default Happy New Week

Hello everyne

Things here are going well. The weekend flies so quickly. But I had a good one. On Firday I had planned to get so walking in, but just needed a nap--which turned into a 3 hour deal. And by then I was suppose to pick my Mom up to go out to eat. Yesterday, I couldn't get out of bed, the alarm went off and usually I am up and ready to go, but I kept laying down and falling back into a deep sleep. Finally got up at 10:00. (Of course may be not getting to bed till 2 and then getting a phone call at 5 minutes to 5 (am) from my dear loving son, he needed a ride home. Went to a party and got left there and didn't want to stay the whole night..) maybe that had something to do with me being so tired. So by the time i got back to bed it was almost 6. SO I guess my body was telling me I needed the rest. Anyway in the afternoon I went with a girlfriend to see the play A Christmas Carol. It was playing in BOB's neck of the woods, at Ringling. It was a very good show. Today, again I tried to get out of bed, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed. But this afternoon, I did get a three mile walk in , and it felt really good. I went four days (cause of working late, and being so tired) without exercise.

Back to the routine tomorrow.

Ok, I need a refresher course. I sometimes have to really think about what some of the initials stand for, but can't come up with anyting for ME, not anything that related to food, spices, ect. (You can guess what I could think of being in the medical profession.)

well, I guess that this was a very special weekend with football, I am glad that some people are very happy for their team. I am sure it will be crazy at work tomorrow, everyone reliving the greatest moments. So what is next???

I need to head to bed, the start of another wonderful week. I hope that we aren't as busy this week. So you all tomorrow,
have a wonderful Monday!!!!!
Laurie
Old 12-03-2001, 06:08 AM   #81  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Time for the NEW WEEKLY BOARD TO BEGIN! Here's the link:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11415

See you on the NEW BOARD!!!
Closed Thread