South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #16  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....not much to report. My weight is up...220. Grr I'm going to have to pay Pearsy if I don't get a hoppin! The really good news......I"M OFF FROM WORK - 3 wonderful days off....can you hear the angels singing? I'm going to pack, get an oil change, buy a couple of new cds & then I'll hit the road....I'll be home in time to fix dad dinner. I can't wait to see my cuite pie niece!
Have a great op day!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

CBK have you been going to the bathroom? Sorry to be blunt but once u go you will see a lossx
Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #18  

Good morning!!

First of all - I so admire y'all that say hello to everyone individually. I get up every morning swearing I'm going to do that - but I never seem to have the time to sit down and do it. Right now - my 3 year old is standing on top of the arm of the couch - screaming at me "catch me catch me!" - because he is about to jump on top of me. Good grief - so I am typing fast so that I can find him something to do to keep the little turkey busy!!

OK - so my good news is - I'm down a pound and a half today!!!! Yippeeee!!!! I am extremely happy with this diet - it's really working great for me - and I am doing good in this cross of Phase 1 and Phase 2 and I'm not being obsessive about my eating too much and I'm still losing. I even added in a cereal in the morning and it's still going good - and I know the cereal isn't perfect - it's Whole Grain Banana Nut Crunch - but it so jump starts my day. I tested it out this week to see if I could still lose and eat that and sure enough - it's working! So, I could not be happier.

I will try to post more later. My 3 year old just jumped on top of me and said "thanks for saving me mommy" - lol - so I'm going to go kiss on him.

Heather
Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just lost a long (and witty !!! :LOL post when the power went off for the third time this morning. I suspect the howling wind we are having is going to cause problems today. I'm off to the store to get milk and some big bottles of water as I don't trust the ones in the cellar. I'll dump them out and fill again but need a supply of drinking water.
I did shovel the slush off the deck and porches - just in time too as the temperature is dropping fast.
So...if I'm not around, you'll know we lost power.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #20  

I haven't dropped by the daily thread for a few days -- busy, busy. But it's Friday, I'm taking things easy. My weight (sneaking cheat mid-week peeks) has been all over the board this week. I've come, however, to pay no attention to anything but the Monday morning number. We'll see then how this week went -- with all my added fruit and grains. Also, I'm aiming to kick up the calories to at least 1200. Or stop counting, because it only frustrates me.

Someone broke into my car yesterday while it was parked at the train station. This sucks, even though there wasn't nothing of value in my car -- lots of stuff, but no valuables. Stupid loser thieves tore through all my stuff and went away empty-handed. I have to question their intelligence further, because I had a DVD/VCR player in my trunk. It doesn't work, but they wouldn't have know that. So, blah, now I have to get it replaced.

I would also just like to point out that it does not seem fair that the banner ad on this page is for Chex Turtle and Peanut Butter Snack Mix. I love snack mix.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #21  

ckb - Why don't you post some menus of what you have been eating and drinking and we'll analyze them. If you are constipated which is common to phase 1, sugarfree Metamucil can help as can drinking your water and increasing your fiber (eating beans etc).

Me - We went to the Boot Scoot at Brian's school last night. He got up and did a complicated dance with the other third graders. They were so good! Then I got out there with him and did the chicken dance, YMCA and lots of other dances. What fun! And exercise!

The weather is so weird. Yesterday was 85 and the high today is about 38! We're going to be below freezing for the next 3 or 4 days and might get some ice. Yuck!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #22  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

I'm back from the grocery store, my pantry and shelves are stocked now with all the right kind of foods. I've got a couple of recipes off this site I want to try, I hope to do that this weekend.

I'll try and figure out how to upload a picture of my tattoo. I've tried once but it said the picture was too big or something, not sure how to fix that.

Well, I'm going to go get a few things done around here, namely laundry. My youngest daughter, Abby, has dance class tonight so I may not be on until later on tonight.

Have a great OP day!

Tyra
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #23  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Got very windy & cold this morning ,so I spent most of the morning making
VEGGIE SOUP to heat up my inners.

Big Congrats to all the losers & shrinkers,and I Hope you all have a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Yaarrrgghhh!!!

No time to reply to everyone today, chickies! I nearly walked out on this place today. I'm in a position where I'm lowest on the ladder, so when a parent comes in and rips me to shreds, I have to sit and take it. I'm not a "sit and take it" kind of person. I don't know if my personality shines through my posts, but I'm not a doormat, nor will I ever be. Working in a Christian school and getting snapped on for no reason makes me want to do/say some VERY un-Christian-like things.

I bit my lip though and watched this crazy storm out of my office, and THEN because of my STUPID PERIOD, I went into my boss' office and burst into tears. That's the LAST thing I wanted to do. I'm not normally very sensitive, but I was so frustrated. At my last job, I would have taken my high heel off and hurled it at someone who spoke to me like this did. Here, I have to just sit and take it.

I applied for yet another job today. That's 5 more I've applied for this week. Something HAS to come along. Right?

So I had to serve lunch by myself today and am putting off cleaning it all up. I'm also in charge of the food for the teacher in-service so Lord knows when I'll get to eat. Gotta run because school's almost out (early dismissal today) and I am DEFINITELY READY FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

Love you girls.

Lisa
Old 02-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #25  
South Beach Life Style

Lisa ~ Hang in there, I would rather someone slap me than bit** at me for hours, even minutes,, I am hearring you on your reaction,, you poor thing,, I hope another job comes your way,, If your stomach does flips as you pull into the parking lot ,,,YOU NEED TO LEAVE>>.. that is for sure... VERY good luck,, chin up.. the good lord is mysterious, Hard to tell what he has in store for you , and why you are putting up with this kind of environment... Take care
Old 02-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa! you must Must Must (no not increase your bust! altho if you want some of mine we can talk)
Pamper yourself
I have a badddd temper that I control But when it comes to being consistently witched at
forget the High Heel I'd take my big irish head and headbutt the woman or in reality give her a Thanks bye
Thanks, BYE its my standard dismissive done with you Statement
I will say I'm from Jersey and I keep a case of Whooparse under my desk if need be We'll straighten out the OCD parents!
Kier
Old 02-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #27  
South Beach Life Style

Ko~ Amen , Sister!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Default Thanks for offering to help!

Thank you guys for being willing to help me. Here is what I've been eating on a typical day: just kidding!

Breakfast -
2 eggs scrambled (I use Pam instead of oil)
1/2 red/green/yellow pepper with a little bit of ranch dip
Diet Coke

Morning Snack -
15 nuts (almonds)

Lunch -
Soup or Stew (recipes below)
diet coke or water

Afternoon snack -
4 slices of low fat cheese
more veggies (broccoli, green peppers or celery) and dip

Dinner -
Soup or Stew (recipes below)
water

Desert -
1 sugar free jello cup

Soup - (makes 5 servings)
2 cans green beans
1 can chicken broth
1 little can lima beans
1 can black beans
fresh spinach
celery
(I add either chunked chicken or lean hamburger right before eating depending on what I cooked for DH.)

Mexican Chicken Chili - (makes 3 servings)
chunked chicken breast
1 can black beans
1/2 red/yellow/green pepper
1 jalepeno
salt/pepper
topped w/ light shred cheese

Black Bean Chili - (makes 3 servings)
1 can black beans
1 lb 97 lean hamburger
1/2 pepper
1/2 onion
topped w/ light shred cheese
1 jalepeno
cumin
chili power
salt/pepper

Thanks again for all of your help!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies! (haha as I typed that I realized that it's not morning anymore) Where did the day go? I laughed as I read Ruth that you "slept in" till 7 this morning.... Because getting up at 7 is EARLY For me! I'm self employed so I guess that's one of the perks (and minuses are paying my own taxes and no guarunteed income)... Although it's been a great week because I had a closing yesterday, closing today and wrote up 2 contracts! YAAAY! This week I love real estate...

ALSO, back below 160 again after my weekend of indulgence... I can still say that it was definitely worth it... did an hour of eliptical this morning... man exercise is addictive isn't it? I SWEAR!

CKB, I can't give up my diet cokes either!

Lisa, count your blessings! My reaction EVERY time is to burst into tears, that's how I deal with anger... so you can imagine how embaressed I am when a client frustrates me or a fellow agent or my BF or anyone... I just hate that I can't control the waterworks... I would much rather get angry and deal with it than cry!

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend... feeling hyper here in Texas today... OH AND IT'S FREAKING COLD! It's been 60s and 70s all winter and today it's in the 40s... can't wait for summer! ESPECIALLY since I won't be embaressed in my bikini!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for your support, girlies. Man I am just HOT today. Period + ***** woman = Pissed off Lisa.

Kier, I'm Irish too, and I'm Irish with high blood pressure and PMS. I just keep envisioning what it would be like to break her nose with my fist. Is that unhealthy?

I just ate 2 points worth of chocolate instead of my 2 point yogurt. D'oh. Same calories, just different nutrients. Chocolate does have happy stuff in it though. Mood-boosters. Something to do with seratonin, I believe. Hopefully it makes me a little.... more pleasant.

Two hours and ten minutes until time to teach piano, and then I'm finally free for the weekend!!!!
Closed Thread