South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 04:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Friday's Gum Flappin'

TGIF

I won...the battle that is. The one I had with myself about getting out of bed this morning. But, I lost the battle with myself when I ate some of my son's Valentines Chocolate last night. I hate the morning workout after I cheated the day before. Makes it feel like it's standing still instead of making progress. Oh Well, today is another day. There is another snack day at work today due to someone leaving and going to another job. "In your face" temptations are always difficult. Mamahulk and I work together so perhaps we will be able to give each other support today. I can't wait to see her tattoo today!!!

Trust me ladies - for all the glory I get for my workouts I must hang my head too often in regards to food consuption. I can't even fathom forgetting to eat or not getting enough calories. Staying at 1200 calories would never work for me and eating less than that??? Forget it!!! I am trying for 1400 or less and even that is difficult for me.

Mamahulk - How did it go???

Every Chick - enjoy this Friday and TTYL!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:25 AM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Freaky~ As hard as you work at, your excercising, you deserve to indulge every now and then, YOU truely are someone to look at for motivation. As for the calories,,, I am giving fitday a break for a couple of days,, I am getting OCD about not enough calories, Saturated Fat,, and all................ Just cant take it ..................... Take Care,,,,,,,
Old 02-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #3  

Default I Did It!

I got my tattoo. Can't beleive I did it. I have never done anything crazy before and I almost whipped out. So gald I didn't. I will show you freaky!!!
Ok so now about allowing yourself a little indulgence.
I agree w Ms. Crock. Freaky- you are so disciplined and strong willed, more then you give yourself credit for. You need to lighten up on yourself a little so you can maintain this and not feel guily when you are at your goal weight and eat one peice of choclate when you are 40. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Although as much as I am discouraged with my weight loss. we will support each other today. I am right there babe! lol
After another sleepless night and baby awake for the day, I worked out again and I so bad wanted to sleep on the couch instead. I put baby on couch and did my biggest loser dvd. I am eating great latley between 1000 and 1200 calories and not loosing very fast, ggrrr so frustrating. Well hopefully I will be able to increase my wk out this wkend and then have a bigger loss. Good Luck everyone on a big loss soon. Have to run and have a great day.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:09 AM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

HULK~ If you got a digital camera, and can take a Pic of your new tatoo, WHY DONT YOU SHOW US?? that is IF it is in a place to show LOL,, I have three, and I love mine.........................good for you Two girls on working out, I am limited on what excersises I can do, Untill the Doctors (4of them) Figure out what is wrong with my right leg and my siotic nerve (sp),,, DRIVING ME CRAZY<<<< How I long to get back to work!!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #5  

Default I will show it

Ms. I will show it this wkend. It is my husband's name on my ring finger. IT is small but a big step for me.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:57 AM   #6  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone, how are you? Well, I made it through last night without getting into the cookies. I watched Survivor with the kids and then I just went to bed because the CSI was a repeat and I knew if I stayed up I would be bored and then I'd want to snack on something. So instead I headed off to bed and read my book.

I can't wait until the cookies that are ours are all gone because then I won't have to worry. The leftover boxes are the troops and can still be sold so I won't have the temptation to get into them.

Part of me thinks that I should be able to just eat one or two cookies. I mean, for God's sake, it's only food. But I've come to realize that there are certain foods that set me off so it's best that I just not even go there. Do any of you feel the same way?

I'm getting ready to head to the grocery store and stock up on some good food. I'll probably check in later.

Hulk - I'll post a picture of my tattoo if you'll post yours !

Freaky - I admire how you work out so religiously. I want to get back into working out, I fell away from it over the holidays and can't seem to get back.

Crock - Sorry to hear about your leg and the sciatic pain. I had that during my first pregnancy and it hurts!

Tyra
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #7  

3darlingsmomma - I completely understand about certain foods setting you off. M&Ms are my weakness. I can't have them in the house or I'll eat them all at one sitting. Also, I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to homemade cookies. I made some of the SBD peanut butter cookies the other day and I ate 6 in one sitting. I sent the rest to work with my husband just to get them out of the house and I'm not allowing myself to make any more. And I wonder why I've lost 2lbs and I'm already stalled!

Hulk - Great job, working through the tiredness and doing your DVD. That's always been my excuse: that I'm too tired. I've found that I just need to push myself through it. And I always feel so much better and full of energy when I'm done.

Freaky - I agree with the others; you work out so hard, you deserve to treat yourself every once in a while. Don't deprive yourself. A few chocolates won't derail all of your hard work. You really are in inspiration.

Crock - I've just started entering my info into fitday, and I can see how it can be addicting. I thought I was eating like a pig, but my total calories are barely breaking 1000. I'm full, but I don't want to throw myself into starvation mode, so I guess I need to start eating more.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I slept until frassing SEVEN this morning and feel like the day is getting away from me! So silly!

Lucy doesn't know this yet but tomorrow she will be packing her bags and moving out! She is going to stay at the kennel in the Falls so we can do blood tests more easily and determine when she will be bred. Yippee! PUPPIES! I just love puppies. It'll be strange without her for a week or so but Hershey and I will enjoy the one on one time.

Lots to do today including making a huge fruit salad for a meeting tomorrow morning and getting SOME painting done for my Monday class.

Hang in here, Chickies!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I'm sitting here enjoying a bowl of mock oatmeal and catching up on the posts.

Freaky ~ You are WAY too hard on yourself, but I tend to do the same. I've started setting aside one day a week, where I can indulge in a special treat, and that has helped me a lot. Just knowing I'll have a day to eat something I've been craving gives me something to look forward to, and the will-power to hang in there.

mamahulk ~ I'm looking forward to seeing your tatoo! Did you say you got it on your finger? Ouch, that must have hurt!

3darlingsm ~ What will power you have, resisting all those cookies staring you in the face! But don't say "it's only food", that's how we all got here to begin with!

MsCrockett ~ Hope your sciatica gets better soon, my mother suffers from that, and I know how painful it can be.

It's raining hard right now and most of the snow is gone. Crazy weather, it's almost 60* now, and is supposed to drop into the 30's later! There's no school today, so I have to leave shortly to stay with the girls while mommy & daddy go to some big function in the city. Tomorrow my DD's family is stopping by to drop off the baby so they can take Nadia, their French exchange student, to see the sights in Washington DC. So Jake and I will have fun spoiling little Carley all day!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #10  

RISE N SHINE!!!! :sun: yes yes yes! post pics of Tattoos!

mamahulk: What a loving tribute to you and yer hubby!

MsCrocket: I feel yer pain darlin.. I have a bum left leg, The whole upper thigh has been numb fer years and even with chiropractic care and exercise, it just doesn't get better

3D mom: You've already exhibited more restraint than I...Girlscout cookies are the best!

Mornin' the rest of you bodacious goils!!
Today promises to be another GOHJIS day here in Nerth Caroliner!!!! I'll be outside enjoying every minute! Right now, I'm enjoying a most delish cuppa cawfee and watching the birds at the feeder...

Have a MARVY DAY CHICKS!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Ruth, you sloth! Sleeping til 7, what's this world coming to! Seriously, though, I'm glad you got some decent sleep, you've been so busy. Oh, poor Lucy, she's going to miss you and Hershey!

usmchoney ~ Aren't those SB peanut butter cookies good! I quit making them and the muffins, though, because I can't stop eating them!

Schatzi ~ The day was made just for you, honey, enjoy it!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #12  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning chicks! I weighed myself this morning..couldn't help it..and I'm still at 210. I feel bloated and haven't drank enough this week so that's probably why. I'll make sure to drink up before my official weighin on Monday.

Someone asked me in another thread if I like zig zagging my calories. I've heard that it works to keep your metabolism from stalling so I"m trying it. I shoot for 1200-1500 per day. Another question asked was if I log my calories into an online calculator. No! I find them tedious and they take too long. I have a huge calorie count book and just use that and calories from the labels. I also double check the calorie counts in cookbooks. I've made somethngs that the calorie counts were off by as much as 250. When I cook I add up all the calories in the entire recipe and then divide by how many servings I get out of it. I used to hate counting but it's a habit now. It really helps me be more concious of what I put in my mouth. Too see it all written down keeps me from eating that little something extra at night when I want to.

I made the bean muffins last night for dinner, they were really good but not exactly good dinner food. I went to bed hungry and then ate another one first thing when I woke up. I used orange blossom water, orange zest, and a few cranberries to make sort of an orange cranberry type muffin. They are really good but next time I need to use foil cups since they stick like crazy.
I can't figure out what to have for dinner tonight. What are you gals having tonight? Hey, I think I'll start a thread!

Freaky: I'm with you, I could never even think about going below 1200. I'd be too hungry and then cheat. Plus it would suck to stall out my metabolism and be not eating and still not losing weight. Keep it up, your doing great and those teeny tiny numbers on the scale prove it.

Ms.Crockett: Some people don't even have to coutn calories. If your very strict about it and are keeping to that few calories you're right to lay off for a while. Give yourself a break and jsut eat reasonable portions of OP food. Good luck.

MamaHulk: You're brave! I would never have a man's name on my body....bad track record ! But as long as you're happy, that's great. I do think the names on the ring finger are cool...very intimate and unique. I have a wreath of roses around my belly button....luckily my stomach is the place with the least fat on me.

3darlingsmama: You're doing so good with the willpower around the kids sugar stuff. I couldn't do it. When we were kids all sugar and refined carbohydrates were off limits...period. No will power problems for my mom, lol!

usmchomey: I love those SBD pb cookies, don't worry I did the same thing and haven't made them since. Some things are just completely off limits for me, but that's OK. I'm learning to discipline myself and lately have been able to add bread and cereal in moderation back into my diet.

Ruth: PUPPIES!! I love puppies! I can't wait to be in the position to have another dog. Lucky Lucy is gonna be a Mama!

Cottage: I hear ya on the crazy weather. Last night we had thunderstorms here. Who has thunderstorms in January? Those are summer storms! Weird weather!

Schatzi: Hello darling! You should see your godrat, Cecil. He is getting big. He has the tenderest personality of everyone. He loves to snuggle on my neck behind my hair. As soon as he gets above 1/2 a pound I will be sending measurements. A pink ballerina boy rat! This should be interesting !
Old 02-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Default Getting Down on Myself

Good morning ladies. I'm pretty new to these threads - but now read your posts first thing when I get to work. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - but I have a question for all of you.

I'm now on day 6 of Phase 1. I've been following SBD faithfully - minus the caffeine. I REFUSE to give up my Diet Coke. I feel like I'm losing - but each time I get on the scale it appears to be slowly creaping upward. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice for a newby?

PS - Happy Birthday Schatzi!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #14  
Kyemom

I am here..feeling fat today..not a good outlook today!!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #15  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

hey chiquitas!!

Freaky-one bite of cholate isn't going to put you over the edge. and you should be happy that you never go under 1200 cals that means your body knows what it needs.

Mamahulk I can't wait to see your tatoo. Is it around the finger or down it? I've got a small yin yang on my ankle and love it.

Cheer up Kyemom, we've only got one more good day of weather before it gets cold here. 67 today 43 tomorrow????

Pearshape-bean muffins?? yikes do't hink I want dh near those....BOOM

Puppies!!! yeah Ruth, I hope you'll give us pics once the big day arrives.

I'm off to my son's school. He's getting an award today! he's in kindergarten but received very the highest marks on his report card, didn't miss any days and is a good citiczen. What a proud mommy. The best part is that he doesn't know so he'll will be bowled over. Then we get to stay for lunch. I'm sure I'll stay OP b/c it's cafeteria food.....gross!
Closed Thread