South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #31  
Bird Nerd

Hey batmomm. What I ate wasn't on their normal menu - it was on one of those inserts they stick in. It was sirloin steak tips and a portobella mushroom. It was suppossed to come with veggies and rice but I asked for extra veggies instead of the rice.
The eggroles sound good!
I noticed the chicken lettuce wraps last night. Have you tried them and do they go along with SB?
wildlifebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 AM   #32  

Default hi everyone!

i just want to say how grateful i am for this website. i usually peruse once or twice a week (even when i'm being bad!)

i did start phase 1 (again) on the 16th... it's been a bit of a challenge. i've been working midnights at my new job and am having some trouble sleeping, so no sleep tuesday-day meant wednesday night i wasn't totally up to par. i also got a flu shot that night (with no needle, very impressive. i'm so lucky to work at a facility that provides this for their staff, as well as paying someone to come out at 3am and administer!) then i came home and decided to go for a walk (in the rain) for an hour. didn't feel like it, but i figured that was part of my flabby persona and i must kick my own butt. crashed in bed as soon as i came back.

ok, so... i now see how ridiculous doing all these things together looks. the combination no sleep/first flu shot/phase one/starting exercise meant feeling reeeeeally dizzy after waking up at 1am last night (um... about sixteen hours sleep. eep.) i usually have a hard time for a day or two, but goodness... i felt terrible!

when i felt ready to get up this morning, i was having food fantasies. (never mind the fact that my family's signature "sick" food is toast and 7up-the only time we got non-generic soda!) i was also so hungry from not eating in 24 hours. won't mention the foods here, as they may be a trigger... but trust me, they were calorific.

so... after rambling for many paragraphs, my point is... i scrambled 2 eggs, sat at my computer and went straight to Fat Chicks on the Beach. I feel SO much better. there are even more recipes than the last time i was here! it sounds stupid but... i am hopeful that i can succeed again (lost over 30lb last time, gained 10lb back.) and i won't using being a vegetarian as an excuse.

not to say i won't do a happy dance when it's time for phase 2!
peppermint_tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #33  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

wildlife-he's relatively new with the company so I haven't tried too many things yet, pretty much got stuck on those darned eggrolls and winded up here on SBD, lol

I asked him about the lettuce wraps but they don't still make them in his store and stopped before he came so he's not sure. Although I copied this off their site "LETTUCE WRAPS
Delicious grilled Asian-spiced chicken with carrots, water chestnuts, crispy rice noodles and toasted almonds. Served with fresh Bibb lettuce and sesame-ginger and peanut sauces for dipping. "

so with the noodles and carrots, doesn't sound OP

I bet you could make something yummy at home though along the same lines. Also you can always get a side of black beans in place of rice or fries.

now I've got a craving for portobellos!!!
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #34  
Bird Nerd

Talking Day 4 of Phase 1

So yesterday was pretty rough in the energy arena. I think I am feeling better today.
It is my DH's b-day today and I want to get him a cake. I think I am going to stop by Walmart and pick up the tiniest cake I can find so he can eat it alone and I won't be tempted.

Breakfast2 Veggie Sausages
FF Plain Yogurt
Snack
Peanuts
Lunch
Veggie Burger
Cottage Cheese
Snack
String Cheese
Dinner
Sirloin Steak
Steamed veggies.

I know I am not getting enough veggies today - I didn't have any with me at work today. I am going to step it up at dinner

Last edited by wildlifebio; 01-22-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #35  
just a few more...

hey I had plain yogurt too and turkey bacon, looks like we're on the same wave length today

you can buy slices of cake at our walmart and it's the really fancy rich cake too. I'm sure your dh will appreciate it.

lunch for me will be the r=leftover shish kebabs from last night

snack not sure yet

dinner portobello stacks(layered with eggplant, tomato, provolone and baked up)!!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #36  
Kyemom

Yum Batmomm...can you pm me that recipe for the portabello stacks??
kyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #37  

Smile

Day 4 felt much better, although I was a little rushed, so my eating doesn't look too fab.
*2 scrambled eggs w/2 morningstar breakfast patties
*2 tsp of pb
*3 glasses of milk
*sf popsicle
*big salad w/stuffed mushrooms (spinach dip and shredded cheese. SO good!)

MUST EAT MORE VEG TODAY

Last edited by peppermint_tea; 01-20-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #38  
Bird Nerd

Hey batmomm - My favorite thing right now is the veggie stuff because it is so easy to just pop in the microwave then eat.
I will look for the slices of cake at our walmart - that is a great idea!
Can you PM me the recipe for the Portobella stacks, that sounds so good!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #39  
just a few more...

I'll PM both of you. I found the recipe at allrecipes.com. I'm not sure if that will get deleted or if that type of link is allowed. You can look recipes up by ingredients and get reviews. They also have a south beach section that has a lot of the official online site recipes.

peppermint-how did you manage to slug down 3 glasses of milk? LOL I think I'd be sloshing around all day
Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #40  

Default Need a suggestion!

So, I started Phase 1 on Wednesday - today I got super tired/ dizzy after my morning snack and before lunch. What are some good foods you guys may have come across that really "pick you up", when you're feeling that low blood sugar? I had a Caesar salad with chicken breast (no croutons or Caesar dressing) for lunch. That helped a little, then I had a coke zero. I hate to use the caffeine, but it helped, too! Any suggestions on really fortifying - get you through a tough work day with lots of boring meetings - snacks?
sfgiantsjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #41  

Default Day 6

batmomm - i got alotta room for that milk. does it make more sense that they were at different times of the day? lol

jo - pistachios are your friend... sometimes cracking something open while under stress helps. i love peanut butter, boiled eggs, popsicles. hello fellow bay area gal!

ok, so... i'm watching that National Body Challenge on Disc0very channel right now and all i'm thinking is how good their "before" food looks. i don't think that's quite the effect it's supposed to have, lol.

veggie scramble it is.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Talking Triumph...but mentally exhausted!

Okay...I love to read posts and get motivation from everyone, but I have to post my triumphant day yesterday, except today I am worn down..lol

I am a Realtor and every friday we go on tour to see all the houses in our town that are listed for sale as well as it being our office meeting where pot luck breakfast happens every single week. So yesterday I turned down the following items: blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, some kind of muffin with chocolate drizzle all over it, an apple bake of sorts, croissants (sp?), and quiche (made with regular cheese and heavy cream). Then on tour, I turned down croissant sandwhiches (I actually took one and just ate the meat and lettuce), fresh baked brownies (these nearly broke me!), 4 kinds of cookies, Double fudge chocolate cake, and my most favorite desert in the entire world, cherry cheesecake. This was not all at one place either, this was over the span of seeing 8 houses and the last one had the cakes AND it was lunchtime at that point! Last night I had to turn down cranberry oatmeal cookies, but at that point my resolve broke a bit and I had one single bite and it was heavenly! My hubby took the rest for me

So today has been a bit tougher because yesterday took every ounce of resolve I had in me...way more than I THOUGHT I had, that's for sure!

Anyway, I just wanted to post my tough day..LOL

Steph
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #43  
Bird Nerd

Default Day 6 of Phase I

Steph - CONGRATS on making it through all those temptations! I know how hard it is - I have been so tempted this weekend by so many things. But doesn't it feel good to follow through?

So far so good this weekend. The temptations have been hard but I am doing ok - and I am down on the scale, which makes it all worth it.

Breakfast
Mock Frenchtoast - I loved it!
Snack
FF Yogurt
Lunch
Salad
Snack
More Frenchtoast

Dinner

Taco Bake

Last edited by wildlifebio; 01-23-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Oh I know! I peek at the scale every morning and so I know I have lost, and that has been what has kept me motivated. I know you 'shouldn't' weigh yourself but once a week, if at all, but for me I have to and this week it has been a HUGE help. I hope at some point I won't need the scale anymore, that I will be comfortable with just fitting into smaller clothes. I did buy a pair of jeans one size smaller and the two buttons don't even touch yet, but what a celebration it will be when they fit!!!!!!!!!!!
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #45  
just a few more...

wow Steph that's def impressive!!