South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #1  

Default January 16th Phase One Starters

MOD Notes: I've changed the title of this thread. Housekeeping, you know! Ruthxxx
Here's a thread for you 1/16 starters!!! Post your meals and daily ups and downs here... Folks can help you balance yer meals, and offer words of encouragement and support!! Schatzi

I'm trying to do SB and I'm wondering what is a day of eating on SB like for you??

Today I had 2 boiled egg whites with 2 slices bacon for breakfast.

Snack was a few cashews.

Lunch was a grilled chicken breast with green salad, light chees, and ranch.

I'm starving right now though. Really wanting to eat the Whoppers candy sitting on my bar. Please help!!

Thanks
Amanda
Aces67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #2  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Default daily menu

hey Amanda,

I'm totally new too but from what I've read you shouldn't be starving so you need to eat more food, good choices but bigger servings.

Today I had:

I tried the Mock French Toast recipe from this site-I ate about half but didn't really care for it, cup v8, coffee

grilled chicken on spinach salad with cukes and tomatoes and black olives, oil and vingear-huge salad

sugar free creamsicle

cheese stick

saute snow peas with garlic, shallots and ginger, lean taco meat topped with spinach and lite sour cream and a nice glass of milk

later I'm sure I'll have some peanuts to snack on.

Instead of just a few cashews, make sure to eat 15 or so, that will fill you up and your jaw will get tired of crunching, better yet try almonds, it's effort to eat them, lol

why is this a dancing carrot if carrots are on the avoid list??? lol
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #3  

I agree sounds like you are a little light on the snacks or your portions are too small. Induction phase is the hardest, but it gets better.

The book talks alot about snacks. They are encouraged, not just allowed. You should plan a few snacks in between your meals. Cheese, nuts,slice of lunch meat, celery.

Also phase 1 doesn't stress portion size too much, you are suppose to eat until you are full, so if that salad didn't fill you up, add more chicken.
LucyGoosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

Phase 1, I assume? Unless you mean Canadian bacon or turkey bacon, bacon is a no-no in phase 1, if I remember correctly (we don't eat pork, so I didn't pay close attention).

It does sound like you are eating too little. Remember, this is not a starve-yourself-skinny diet, it's a healthy lifestyle change.

In phase 1, some examples of various meals I prepared are:

breakfast: poached eggs, V-8, tea; leftovers; scrambled eggs w/cheese & mushrooms, V-8, tea; Lemon Pie for Breakfast (from recipe forum)

midmorning snack: string cheese; celery w/Laughing Cow lite

lunch: salad (green, chef's, taco, etc); homemade soup; leftovers

midday snack: veggies w/homemade lf ranch dip or hummus; sf Jello w/Cool Whip Lite

dinner: baked salmon w/seasonings, hot veggies, salad; Taco Bake (from recipe forum) w/toppings, salad; broiled lean meat or baked chicken, hot veggies, salad; dinner salad; homemade soup or chili; sometimes we'd have a bowl of Mamacita's Amazing Vegetable Soup (from recipe forum) before dinner, too (unless we were having soup for dinner) - soup is a great way to get in extra veggies, and it's very helpful in weight loss efforts

evening snack: sf Jello w/Cool Whip Lite; nuts; sf Fudgesicle; Peanut Butter Cup (from recipe forum)

Do make sure you are eating enough, as well as a good variety of foods. Eating 4-5 cups of iceberg lettuce, while technically giving you your 4-5 cups of veggies, does not really give you enough nutrients or calories. If you don't get enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode and sabotage your weight-loss efforts.

Also keep in mind that this is not a low-carb diet - it's a good carbs, good fats diet. Avoid the saturated fats and trans fats, and the simple (especially the refined) carbs, and go with whole grains and fresh fruits (in phase 2), lots of veggies, and lean meats. Once you start eating healthfully, the weight loss should follow - especially if you get some exercise, too.

Good luck!
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach!

Check this out for guidelines.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #6  

Thought I'd add my 2 cents

Bfast: scrambled eggs, 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp peanut butter

Snack: V8

Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, lettuce, tomatos, black olives, onions).

Snack (in a little bit): will be 15 walnut halves

Dinner (will probably be): tuna fish or chicken salad (depending on the galley we go to.)

I always drink LOTS of fluids, mostly tea.
CarharttGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Perhaps all these suggestions would be more valuable in the Phase I Jan 16 Starters. I'll try to figure out how to merge it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #8  
Fighting Off The Cravings

Default Day One Phase One...

So far so good But I usually end up getting my cravings in the evenings. I'm just going to be prepared.

How is everyone doing?

Carey
NSANMOM24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

SO far so good for me as well. Well almost. I have been feeling awful lately I think due to stress anyway long story short I missed breakfast but being as I woke up at 11:00 am and picked up with a snack I think I may be ok, just this once.

S: LF Turkey Pepperoni Chips
L: Grilled Chicken LF Cheese, Broccoli, LF Chili, Diet Caf Free Coke
S: pistachios
D: Probably Grilled Chicken, LF cheese and SF tomato sauce (chicken parmesan almost eh)
De: Fudgcicle (gotta love them!)

WO: going to the gym with the DH. He will only want to stay for 1/2 hour so I better get my butt on the spinning bike. That thing kills me!

Glad to see you are OP Carey Good luck tonight, just say no.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #10  

Me too NSAN! You might want to post how yer doing on Phase 1 under the Phase 1 Start threads.. That's where folks can all get together as a team and help each other! So far sooo good... There are some really good desserts in the Recipe Threads..Like the PB cup, Here's some of the Grrrreeeat Schatzarina's hints that help her curb cravings at night:

Feeling a bit Chocolately???
Try the chocolate Breakfast shake..very filling ...

Need a Crunch?
Celery with ranch dippage or
one of my favs Egg Salad stuffed celery stalks.

Feeling Crispy?

Oven toasted Chic Peas seasoned with salt or goooo cajun ! or
l/f Salami or turkey pepperoni.. baked in the oven..

Feeling Nutty?

a tblsp of Smuckers Natural PB with a dollop of cool whip
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:05 PM   #11  

Thanks for the hints I loooove the choc shake
Loving~Mommy2~4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Default Sooooo...how is it going?

Yesterday ate almost entirely OP:

S: LF Turkey Pepperoni Chips
L: Grille Chicken, LF Cheese, Broccoli, Caf Free Diet Coke
S: 30 pistachios
D: Chicken Ceasar Salad without Croutons

Went to a movie and started craving candy and popcorn soooo bad. Waited until after the movie and ate the following:

1 lf cheese
turkey roll up with ff turkey, lf cheese and dijon mustard
and finally

De: 2 tbs natural peanut butter and 2 tbs ff cool whip

Now I know I ate double the amount of nuts for the day. I will not be doing that again. At the time that I ate the pistachios I did not know I would be craving peanut butter cups so bad. Eating this was definitely better than grabbing that bag of hersheys peanut butter chocolate kisses, and ofcourse those donut holes that I had my eye on.

Wo: I did not make it to the gym today (broke my 4 day streak) but I did manage to get a mini walk in with the dog, so the day was not a total loss.

What about the rest of you Jan 16th starters, how are things going?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #13  
Bird Nerd

This is my first day on the Beach. I am excited because I have a friend who has lost a lot of weight and looks and feels great.
This morning I have had
1 low carb choco breakfast shake
1 hard boiled egg
Lunch
Ham rollups and broccoli with humus
Dinner
Tried to eat chicken but it was nasty so I just ate celery with peanut butter and string cheese

I have also successfully managed to avoid the big fat chocolate cake sitting in the breakroom!

Does anyone know if low fat cream cheese is allowed in the first phase?
Thanks!

Last edited by wildlifebio; 01-18-2006 at 10:16 AM.
wildlifebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

I believe it is but you are limited to say 2 tbs per day or something like that.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #15  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hey phase 1 beginners!!

doing good so far-
had 2 baked eggs with turkey bacon and v8, and some really STRONG black coffee

then went to Sams Club to buy the 3 pk of Laughing Cows-brought a cheese stick with me to keep me away from all the sample vendors-that would be blueberry yogurt, choc chip cookies, carmel rice cakes, mozzarella stix, are the gods against me?? LOL

I'm proud to say that I happily munched my cheese stick and went home

Lunch is gonna be a spinach, cottage cheese, rotel creation that I plan to create LOL
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote