South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #16  

I wieghed in today at the gym and I lost 5 pounds. I was almost totally OP, but last night I had a drink of wine at a dinner. Today I have a party and I am going to drink water and diet soda. I have loaded up with veggies and dip and I have to go get some hummus as well.

I may make a taco bake so I can have a nice spicy thing to eat while others are eating sanwhiches and pizza.

Portion control is my downfall too. I have ot start using fitday and counting calories. I want to keep mine at 1200. Time to really buckle down.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #17  
Determined Loser!

Hey everyone!
New to the beach as of January first. I am absolutly amazed with the results so far, i lost 8 pounds in 7 days!!! I know it is probably all water weight, but still, it is exciting to see on the scale! This morning when i weighed myself though, i was up two pounds... my weight hasn't really flucuated at all so far. It has been decreasing pretty steadily. Did anyone else have their weight doing this during phase 1?? I look forward to talking to you all every morning! Have a good weekend beachers!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

I too have problems with portion control.....first problem is my idea of a portion is no way near a correct portion size....I think that was the hardest lesson to learn (still learning!)
I been running my info in Fitday & keeping my calories 1200 - 1400/day. So far so good!
Well today I'm off - no retail for me today (or tomorrow - hurray!) I have a very messy bedroom to clean (I have this bad habit of trying on half my closet to find what I want to wear - & when something doesn't work out I get frustrated & throw it where ever instead of hanging it back up. Schatzi would kill me if she saw how messy I am!) SO I'm cleaning that today because I got a new exercise dvd (The Biggest Loser!) and I want to use it & there's more room in the bedroom than in the living room - well less furniture to move anyway.
Well enjoy your day - I have cleaning & I'm making fish tacos for dinner - vey low key day!!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #19  
RNMOM

Default Hi Ladies!

Just a quick drop in. I'm at work this AM and so far it's quiet. We'll see what it's like at the end of 12 hours.

Day 7 on phase 1, whew, I made it that far! So has my dh. He's looking better even though he's only lost 3. He feels so much better too. I'm down 4.5 and pretty happy about that.

It's cold here and supposed to snow today. Don't have time to post to everyone, but I'm sending good South Beach Vibes everyone's way, hope you catch them.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #20  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Cool Happy Saturday

Hey Chickies!
That is what I need to do - train myself to like black coffee! I have a pretty busy day. Went with the DH to conduct an interview for the paper this morning. Took the dog to the park (had been neglecting taking him as weather was cold...) Tonight I have to drive to a town about an hour away and shoot a wrestling tournament. The great news is I am going with my DH so it shouldn't be as boring as they usually are. I am still going off the gym high from last night and hoping to make it there today for another session. I am moving into a beautiful townhome on February 1st and meeting with the Landlord this afternoon to pay my deposit. I am looking forward to making flylady proud and doing a mass "decluttering" something like the 27,000 fling boogie lol! I just have a ton of junk I never use, what better time then now to get rid of it. Then I will not have to move it with me.

Anyway it sounds like we are all a busy busy bunch here when it comes to the weekend. This is actually rare for me to be able to post. Usually I am somewhere with no net access. Well I hope you all have fun in the sun and enjoy your day on the beach today.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #21  

Schatzi, thanks for the reply to my Turkish Breakfast questions this morning. Where do I find the Good Fat/Good Carb handbook...? Is that just a regular book, or is it somewhere on the site? I've looked but haven't found yet.

Thanks for the help and support.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #22  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Just A quickie b/c I'm pooooooped I have to go on Ph 1 a 1 have no idea about portions whatsoever and
B Dh and I are both back to 196!
so sometime tommorrrow we're hitting the store bbl
oh and today we bought a clothes washer hurrah!
bbl
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #23  
barb

Height: 5'7

I have a questions if some one can answer. I was wondering if onion soup mix can be used in phase one.? I threw out the package and do not know if it contains carbs. I want to make a roast on Mon in the crock. I was going to put in that and some beef broth, mushrooms and whatever else I can think of.. Let me know if you the answer or any good idea for a sb roast. Thanks
Old 01-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #24  
Who needs sleep?

Synergy - it's a book - look for it at the library, or click on the sticky to "buy from amazon and support the chicks" thread.

djmommy - depends on what's in it. It's not so much how much carb, but what kind that matters. Ditto fat. I use Penzey's English Prime Rib Rub on my beef roasts. It contains salt, ground celery, sugar, Tellicherry black pepper, onion, garlic and arrowroot. I figure that in the 1-2 tablespoons I rub onto the outside of a large roast, I'm not getting enough sugar to matter, and it smells wonderful while roasting.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #25  

Hi All,

Posting late because we had to work today - out of the house by 6:30AM, and got home around 5 PM. Good day, though - cleaned 16 dogs' teeth and all of them were sweethearts! Finished day 6 of ph1 and am encouraged. We haven't weighed, but I feel thinner, so does Joe (hubby). We'll see what happens on Monday when we weigh in!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Joanne
Old 01-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #26  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Schatzi.....think you have to send me to the corner!
My veggies are usually either cauilflower/broccoli mix(carrots if p2) or my salads(Riveria mix, mushrooms and tomatos.)
It's hard to find frozen veggies I like the store other than those.
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP on veggie ideas!!!!
(Now I know why I have been stalled on P1 and stalled on P2 over the summer)
Old 01-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #27  
Who needs sleep?

Wenchy - you shouldn't have a problem if you are already used to eating a lot of them - just if you are adding them in for the first time. Same with dried beans (pinto, kidney, etc). I don't think I'd be much help as I love most vegs! I don't like beets, sweet potatoes/yams, Lima beans, summer squash or parsnips - that is all I can think of. Otherwise I love veggies.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #28  
Ready!!!

Good morning Chicks,
I can't believe that it is time to start the car? I must get up earlier. Today is day 7 op. I weigh in tomorrow. I took the day off of work so I will spend time trying to get my pictures of my tatoo on
I finally got my ticker to run now (i hope ) I have to change it
My problem is also portions..........
Well I did a 40 min on treadmill last night. my knee knows it today.Till later be good,
Love Tazcat
Old 01-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tazcat, and all to follow.

I'm just wiped this morning after a big day yesterday with the Hyper Pypers who are fun but stayed until 11:45! Dinner went really well. I had everything organized so there was no last minute stuff. The three dogs managed to eat the remains of my rum cake! We wondered why they were so quiet! I had planned to send it home with my guests but.....

At nine I will take my darlings to 4PawsInn and then go to Ottawa for lunch with my son, DIL and my grand daughter Tayler. I've not seen them since last Christmas! That's terrible but it was a bad year with Harry problems and our schedules didn't mesh. (Jim manages an Eastside Mario's and works long hours.) I have to drive home before dark as I only have dark glasses. Yes, Lucy ate another pair last Tuesday. I'll try to do more basement sorting when I get home.

Since Romano and his henchmen will be here tomorrow working in the cellar, I decided to have The Girls stay at the Inn for a couple of days. I sure will miss them bit it's just too upsetting for them with workmen going in and out not to mention the noise! They'd bark all the time. Romano and his crew are removing the mortar from my stone foundation walls and replacing it. It's full of mould and mildew right now, not good for health. Big job and multi-$$$!

I need to get cracking and wake up those sleepy dogs. I hope a shower wakes me up!

Have a super Sunday, Chickies.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 AM   #30  

Morning Chicadees!! :sun:

Syn/Wenchy: HKO Speakum True ..Wenchy Woman!! I love yer glittery Siggy!
HKO: That rub has my mouth watering!!! I'm making a Roast Beast tonight.. Last chance fer Hubby to have his beloved mashed potatoes. He's excited about starting PH1 with me..but I have ta " DeAtkinize" him.. All these questions about low carb and counting carbs.-- I keep gently telling him it's about SLOW carbs not Low carbs..and stop with the counting Sheesh!
I don't like Brussel Sprouts (little cabbage wannabees!) Lima beans, or turnips. I love Bean Salads, string bean and onion in a vinegarette, tomato salads, cuke and onion salad...

Joanneg: Sounds like you are doin Super! Your days as a Vet Tech sound so interesting!!!!

Taz: be careful with your knee. try not to do toooo much at first, slowly build up time on the dreadmill.

Ruth: Wow, yer havin one busy weekend!! You must be excited to see yer DS DIL and GD..Enjoy every minute with them darlin!

I think we have an Appliance demon The other day the cawfee maker went, and yesterday our Food Saver went! Since we buy bulk, we use those food saver vacuum sucky bags... no freezer burns and stuff keeps fer such a long time I love em!-- especially fer Chicken Dump/marinades.. DH works close to Sams Club, so he'll pick us up the new model.Today I'm scanning some recipes for the ingredients I need for Phase 1 start tomorrow.

See Ya later Sweet Potatoers!!!
Closed Thread